Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Luke72w posted:

Good news, guys! TNA was cancelled, boom period incoming!

Their optimism is inspiring :allears:

UTA, brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

Please give me details on this.

Meant to email Mike Tenay, emailed Mike Johnson of PWInsider by mistake. He threatened to publish it, so Russo confessed on his site. Of course, Spike TV's people have the Internet, so they saw it all. Days later, they decided not to renew.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Luke72w posted:

They're just trying to BO-lieve. :allears:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

TNA Asylum upon receiving the news.

quote:

If this happened last week? Dixie sure doesn't seem to worried as she's still in character on twitter. You would think if this is true she'd come out of character and say something. People need to chill. If she ain't worried I'm not worried.

quote:

This is such bullshit. I hope TNA finds a better network, one that will actually loving promote them instead of using them as lead ins for worse shows. People like Cornette who have no future with wrestling are celebrating... like seriously? Wtf... How classless can you be? The dirt sheets and the IWC will pounce and spin this in a negative light because thats what WWE has programmed them to do. Hate TNA for trying new things, Hate TNA for being passionate about PRO WRESTLING, not Entertainment, hate TNA for their uncontested fan interaction, hate TNA because they actually care. Its the most backasswards poo poo Ive ever seen.

quote:

URGH! I DON'T WANT THE IWC TO WIN. gently caress THEM FOR CELEBRATING THIS NEWS. IF TNA GOES DOWN, THEN I HOPE WWE GOES DOWN WITH THEM. I BE drat TO SIT HERE AND WATCH A BUNCH OF FUCKS ON THE INTERNET MASTURBATING TO THIS NEWS.

Then fantasy begins:

quote:

Lot of people talking about the possibility of TNA being on Netflix.

quote:

More people would know about it. Netflix has a larger audience and would gain them greater exposure and more casual interests.

quote:

It feels like WCW in 2001 all over again.

I hope TNA's agent, UTA, can land them to another network because I can see either Fox Sports or AMC as logical options.

One rumor I heard was Spike not happy about TNA lying to them about Vince Russo. Another rumor was Dixie telling her staff that TNA decided not to renew with Spike.

I meant what I say that if TNA goes out of business, the wrestling fan in me is gone and I'm not watching WWE even if they have Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, and Sting.

After 9 years with Spike, they chose not to renew. If it's about Vince Russo, that's a petty issue because TNA doesn't have to answer to them about that. TNA may have lost Hogan, Flair, Sting, and AJ Styles but they just brought in star power with Matt Hardy and ECW alumni.

If I were TNA, I'd go all out and ignore Spike's rules. Now is the time to start looking at options.

quote:

I still think they already have an idea of their options if they didn't I think they would of already renewed with spike awhile ago. What be the point of sign wrestlers to new deals if they had now idea about their tv contract.

If it is true they turned down spike for offering less money I understand it less money and advertising. AMC would be awesome it's one of the hotter networks viewers wise.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Watch the newest episode of Mad Men, right after this installment of IMPACT!

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
This is such bullshit. I hope TNA finds a better network, one that will actually loving promote them instead of using them as lead ins for worse shows. People like Cornette who have no future with wrestling are celebrating... like seriously? Wtf... How classless can you be? The dirt sheets and the IWC will pounce and spin this in a negative light because thats what WWE has programmed them to do. Hate TNA for trying new things, Hate TNA for being passionate about PRO WRESTLING, not Entertainment, hate TNA for their uncontested fan interaction, hate TNA because they actually care. Its the most backasswards poo poo Ive ever seen.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

quote:

More people would know about it. Netflix has a larger audience and would gain them greater exposure and more casual interests.
Spike is in close to 100 million homes in the US. Netflix has 50 million subscribers worldwide.

quote:

If it's about Vince Russo, that's a petty issue because TNA doesn't have to answer to them about that.
TNA ANSWERS TO NO ONE!

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
TNA should go on @WWENetwork TNA has 1.4 million viewers. That would give WWE network over 2 million subscribers at the very least.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

TNA ANSWERS TO NO ONE!

I love the NO MODS NO MASTERS - tna should just break all Spike's rules guy.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

quote:

Lot of people talking about the possibility of TNA being on Netflix.

Arrested Development. House of Cards. Orange is the New Black. Impact Wrestling. Sure, that's not at all a crazy series of dots for "lots of people" to connect.

I'm generally a pretty chill and optimistic kind of guy about my entertainment but holy poo poo, these guys are out of their goddamned minds. Does Stockholm syndrome apply to this situation?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!
Crossposting from the TNA thread, this is one of my favorite comments from last night, on the Wresting Inc. article about Impact's cancellation:

quote:

If TNA doesn't get a TV deal at all, then I personally blame WWE for paying Spike not to get them a deal because We know, Spike knows, and WWE knows that TNA was on a roll. Now, if TNA gets a deal then the best deal for TNA now is if they got a deal with Fox Sports because well, they had a deal before when they had six sides and now it's 2014, they have the six sides. Hopefully, you guys who wanted TNA out of business will finally realize that WWE will probably be just as bad as TNA was in 2010 - 2013...

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
The dissonance required to think that WWE gives enough of a poo poo about TNA to pay another network real cash money to not renew TNA's contract is incredible.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Meanwhile at TNAMecca, the wagons are being circled.

quote:

Yeah, it's going to be a tough few days on social media, guys. I would ignore the haters on Twitter and FB and please avoid any message boards or sites that are typically anti-TNA.

quote:

Yeah they are Star, but we got a good group! we'll get through this! TNA has been to worse, and the company is still #12years strong! We got this! #SupportImpact

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I'm tough, I can get through people on the internet saying bad things about a wrestling company I like. I'm a trooper. Many men would crack under this pressure, brave men, strong men, but I wouldn't.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!
Some more from the same article:

quote:

Why would a company going out of business sign up countless staff members to new contracts, create networking opportunities and hold a major ppv in Japan for October, do a tv show for new talent in and from the UK, and have a multi date UK tour planned for next January? I think they have a "Plan B"

quote:

I'm just not happy how people are being smug b*stards about the beginning of the end of professional wrestling.

quote:

I think that they should try to do some kind of online show, like posting on Youtube or something similar

quote:

I bet by 2020 the only wrestling that will be around is backyard wrestling

quote:

I hope ROH gets a TV deal one day.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Plan B is WWE's plotline, get your own TNA

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

quote:

TNA may have lost Hogan, Flair, Sting, and AJ Styles but they just brought in star power with Matt Hardy and ECW alumni.

This is my favorite part.

Luke72w posted:

Like clockwork, something terrible happens to TNA and immediately someone goes "Actually, terrible thing is good thing." and calls you an idiot for laughing.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

quote:

TNA may have lost Hogan, Flair, Sting, and AJ Styles but they just brought in star power with Matt Hardy and ECW alumni.

I tried to comprehend this and now blood is leaking out of my ear, please send help.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Hogan, Flair, Sting and the only true homegrown TNA star.

Nahhhhh, Tommy Dreamer is bigger than those guys.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Hogan, Flair, Sting and the only true homegrown TNA star.

Nahhhhh, Tommy Dreamer is bigger than those guys.

Hey hey hey hey. Tommy Dreamer and Ezekiel Jackson

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Hey hey hey hey. Tommy Dreamer and Ezekiel Jackson

Uh you are forgetting Rhino AND Snitsky.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Hey guys, TNA losing a TV deal is the beginning of the end of professional wrestling.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

In the long run we are all dead

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Del Raminos posted:

In the long run we are all dead

Matt Hardy said he'll never die.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The post-apocalypse will be Matt Hardy selling leg drops from Hulk Hogan for all eternity

In front of 100,000 irradiated mutants, brother!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

"TNA may have lost Hogan, Flair, Sting, and AJ Styles but they just brought in star power with Matt Hardy and ECW alumni."

They had all of them in 2010 and the show was unwatchable then

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
"They just brought in star power in Matt Hardy" hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

oatgan posted:

"TNA may have lost Hogan, Flair, Sting, and AJ Styles but they just brought in star power with Matt Hardy and ECW alumni."

They had all of them in 2010 and the show was unwatchable then

Too much Star power mate, like looking straight at the sun.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

Kevin • 19 minutes ago
Maybe somebody already said this(I am too lazy to read all the comments) We should flood Spike TVs phone lines and emails telling them what a mistake they made not signing Impact. TNA will rise again. I had a feeling all along that Dixie has an ace up her sleeve with a new network! Spike sucks as a network, they hosed over Impact plenty of times. Also I want to tell spike TV gently caress YOU!!!!!!!! I will even stop watching bar rescue, my other favorite show. Sorry John Taffer.

gently caress YOU BAR RESCUE

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I would also like to say to Spike TV gently caress YOU for subjecting us to TNA for 9 years.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Dixie Carter claims negotiations with Spike are ongoing, no really, no really really, no really really really.

TNAsyslum rejoices. Sort of:

quote:

In what freaking world is some "report" from TMZ and some crappy "Wrestling news sites" that was more than likely copy and pasted from TMZ more reliable than Dixie Carter herself? Not just Dixie though, Bob Ryder who has the respect of A LOT of people who do not like Dixie!

Can't believe the people who are basically wanting the reports to be true, you're not a wrestling fan if you want a wrestling company to go under and if people think TNA going out of business will help ROH etc they have another thing coming.

While it may seem hypocritical we complain about TMZ etc running this story on an article about the story, the article here states "according to TMZ" unlike many others TNAsylum did not run with a story they have no facts on!

quote:

GOD drat IT TMZ!!!! FACT CHECK YOU TWATS! I'm inclined to believe Bob Ryder, Dixie Carter and the others in TNA now saying that its not true... For the love of gently caress I know you hire "journalists" just outta mc.donalds but christ sakes its not a hard thing to double or triple check your sources

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
I too am inclined to believe employees of a sinking ship.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

There was one I nearly copy pasted but it was so long and boring but for the line "Why would someone like Dixie lie? It would only hurt her in the end"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

There was one I nearly copy pasted but it was so long and boring but for the line "Why would someone like Dixie lie? It would only hurt her in the end"

I'll say this for TNA and Dixie -- they know their core audience like these people here. They'll believe anything she says and presume that TNA is a rational actor in this whole thing, despite their decade of bad decision-making that any company without a river of oil money would've died on years ago.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

More Mecca:

quote:

IT is really sad that people put more faith in garbage made up by TMZ to get hits than what the President of a company is telling them. When was the last time Vince McMahon acknowledged anything on twitter concerning WWE TV deals? Never. Some people are just assholes and I believe part of this goes to Dave Meltzer and I will tell you why. He constantly feeds this anti-TNA hate and he never call his fans out on this garbage. A REAL reporter can and does admit to when they are wrong. Meltzer is not a reporter, he is a gossip columnist and it is really sad that people blindly follow him.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I cannot wait for TNA v. Dirtsheets

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DJExile posted:

TMZ, Dave Meltzer and everyone who quoted Dave Meltzer Vs The weirdos who actually like TNA would be a fantastic episode of Judge Judy.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Speaking of delusional fans, back at TNAMecca.

quote:

I dont even want to be on the internet anymore. There cant possibly be this many people who are so narrow minded and ignorant... its just baffling how people can celebrate the fall of a international company that broadcasts to millions around the world. This is more about TNA vs WWE, this is about people losing their jobs, its about taking food off the table of many familes, its about the dedication, blood, sweat, and tears of guys like Jeremy Borash, kids who admire certain stars, who wish to grow up to be them not having the chance to watch their favs anymore or have that dream of being a TNA star, its about the fans like most of us who have stuck with TNA through the years, the ups (1.7 million viewers stretch) and the downs (Hogan era), So many people turned to TNA because of how lovely wrestling had become with a monopoly and if TNA is truely gone I hope the dirt sheets, who will lose hits and revenue due to not having that BS Morale story anymore, get hit hard with the realization that TNA was GOOD for wrestling, that TNA WAS an alternative, and that TNA actually gave a poo poo about making wrestling what it once was instead of running it to the ground like the other company. I hope it hits every single negative piece of poo poo hard and when WWE finally reaches below 2 mill like theyve been teetering for a while now, they will have nobody to blame but themselves for being loving morons instead of giving a superior product a chance

quote:

Do you honestly think Dixie Carter and co have not explored where to take the company going forward? No businessperson worth their salt doesn't have a strategy to sustain and grow their business.
Perhaps the timing isn't quite right at the moment to make press releases about usa tv deals but I think a company going out of business would not sign up countless staff members to new contracts, create networking opportunities and hold a major ppv in Japan for October, do a tv show for new talent in and from the UK, and have a multi date UK tour planned for next january.

All reports are unofficial and extremely sensational so just wait to hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

quote:

It's true that TNA does need to do some damage control and stand up for itself today. Like Brett, I think they will tonight during RAW. It's all about timing. The trolls and anti-group will talk and talk and talk today and then by morning they'll have to eat crow like a motherfucker. Troll on trolls, you pathetic fucks.

quote:

A quiet Dixie Carter is a sneaky Dixie Carter and I am wondering what she has up her sleeve?

quote:

These "HOORAY TNA IS DEAD!" people are really getting on my nerves. Such immaturity. I stand by my statement that TNA leaving Spike is the best thing for them. 10 years stuck on a network that wouldn't promote them and TNA gave them a show with over a million viewers each week. Spike kept TNA in purgatory.

Also the mod name dropped Rovert earlier as a known anti-TNA troll. Then deleted his statement.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

DJExile posted:

I want to see Dixie burn a WON issue on tv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

One last piece of Mecca Wisdom

quote:

I just think once this whole thing is over Dixie Carter and her family need to step down and relinquish they're shares of the company because this is the wake up call that what they've been doing hasn't been working