Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rootphreak
May 16, 2008

HO HO HO
SPREAD EM FOR SANTA
when his dong fell off I lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

rootphreak posted:

when his dong fell off I lmbo

I think you mean lmdo, thankyouverymuch.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I just like how the name of the episode was "Gone Smooth" and they spent most of the time focused on hair. Then they gave us that scene.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm totally ok with vampires being rotting, bald, ken-dolls after the preceding years of vampire fiction.

tatopom
Apr 9, 2009

Friction.123 posted:

The Master left them alive on purpose, don't remember why off the top of my head but in the rockstars case its because he has a :krad: pad to be the vampire king from.

Cool!

That would explain making a narcissist lawyer a vamp as well. Still doesn't explain the suburban dude and pilot though. (not that it matters now)

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Cigar-smoking, no-bullshit pest control guy is quickly becoming my favorite character.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

WitchFetish posted:

Cigar-smoking, no-bullshit pest control guy is quickly becoming my favorite character.

I really wish he was the central protagonist instead of whine-dad.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
Well, I guess the rock star guy can enjoy a career starring in productions of Hedwig and the Angry Inch now.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

sector_corrector posted:

I'm hoping after the fire extinguisher that Eph is transforming into a hardened badass.

Is it terrible of me to hope that his wife/kid are lost indefinitely so we don't have to deal with them for a long, long time? I don't mind Eph doing a Rick Grimes where he's driven by his searching for his kid/wife, but this melodrama over the divorce is such a distraction.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

WitchFetish posted:

I'm looking forward to him and Setrakian teaming up (If this doesn't happen in the books, don't ruin my dreams, ok?)

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

WitchFetish posted:

He's great but I don't really see how he relates to the rest of the plot yet. :shrug:

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

LobsterMobster posted:

I'm looking forward to him and Setrakian teaming up (If this doesn't happen in the books, don't ruin my dreams, ok?)

According to the Wiki, your dreams will come true!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

DarklyDreaming posted:

I think the implication is that by the time that happens all you care about is blood, blood and more blood

Yeah, I really like that he had no reaction at all. These people got out of a quarantine that killed everyone else plus they look half dead and no one seems phased by it. At least the transformation explains why the 4 survivors aren't freaking out.

I'm hoping things escalate and it's not just the old man and CDC doctors fighting this thing while everyone else is somehow oblivious to it.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

sector_corrector posted:

Wish eventually granted!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Xoidanor posted:

He's great but I don't really see how he relates to the rest of the plot yet. :shrug:

I'm disappointed in the way they've handled his character in the first three episodes. While the outbreak is in its beginning stages and the CDC is running around loving everything up, he is going around the city looking into the weird rat behaviors connecting the dots, which eventually leads him to Eph and Setrakian.

These past two episodes were fairly slow moving, so I'm not sure why they didn't use more of that time to establish Fet's character and what he's doing. We only got a little hint of it at the end of this episode when he sees the rats pouring out of the tunnel. There's a lot of characters in this show though, maybe a few too many.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Basebf555 posted:

These past two episodes were fairly slow moving, so I'm not sure why they didn't use more of that time to establish Fet's character and what he's doing. We only got a little hint of it at the end of this episode when he sees the rats pouring out of the tunnel. There's a lot of characters in this show though, maybe a few too many.

I don't know. Black Sails was in that exact same rut midseason with characters plotlines not really intersecting and it still managed to knock it out of the park when it finally reached the finale of the season. Since everything seems to be going to poo poo at rocket pace I'm assuming we'll be losing a lot more characters before the season is over.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Xoidanor posted:

I don't know. Black Sails was in that exact same rut midseason with characters plotlines not really intersecting and it still managed to knock it out of the park when it finally reached the finale of the season. Since everything seems to be going to poo poo at rocket pace I'm assuming we'll be losing a lot more characters before the season is over.

I'm just worried we're going to get to the point in the story where Fet is supposed to be an awesome character and people will be like "Why do I give a poo poo about this guy again?"

It happened to me several times with Game of Thrones. I'd say "who is this dude again?", and my buddy who'd read the books would say "OMG you don't know who that is!!!??? He's the sickest swordfighter in Westeros duh!"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Xoidanor posted:

Just give it some time as he's a pretty big part of the main group.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Sion posted:

loving hell :wtc:

He didn't go with The Brundle Museum of Natural History method and keep all the discarded parts on display. :(

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The whole scene with rockstar dude's tallywhacker falling off was just :stonklol: The fact that he was all "welp, my penis fell off" and simply just flushed it down the toilet after it went kabloop was just...I don't even know what, NEVERMIND turning around to show nothing but whatever that was.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
Who was the guy who was forced to commit suicide? I can't remember....

The effects for the last scene with Redfern were awesome. I like how his stinger had to struggle to get out of his throat because he never used it before. I watched Cronos the other week and these three episodes are already more satisfying than that jar of molasses.

A A 2 3 5 8 K
Nov 24, 2003
Illiteracy... what does that word even mean?

MentholsNBeer posted:

Who was the guy who was forced to commit suicide? I can't remember....

I didn't recognize him but context suggests he's the airline CEO. If he commits suicide he looks guilty and legitimizes the carbon monoxide poisoning cause which kills the CDC investigation and draws attention away from vampires.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
I actually liked the most recent episode better than the first two. Things feel like they are starting to get a bit more momentum. Especially with the protagonists finally getting a real idea of what they're dealing with, instead of wandering around in the dark like a bunch of idiots.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Ok this episode was dope.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Ok this episode was dope.

The show is realistic since the tech hacker wanted a pawned PS4 instead of Xbox.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

etalian posted:

The show is realistic since the tech hacker wanted a pawned PS4 instead of Xbox.

I did like how they actually used a modern up to date console, which would be reasonable as something a teenager would want.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

-Blackadder- posted:

I actually liked the most recent episode better than the first two. Things feel like they are starting to get a bit more momentum. Especially with the protagonists finally getting a real idea of what they're dealing with, instead of wandering around in the dark like a bunch of idiots.

it's a slow boil more than anything else, I imagine that there will be more gross creature feature goodness instead of exciting court room scenes as vampires start to really take over the city.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Our CDC friends were so stupid over these first few episodes that I feel like they're past the point of ever being credible protagonists.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Frackie Robinson posted:

Our CDC friends were so stupid over these first few episodes that I feel like they're past the point of ever being credible protagonists.

The show pretty much needs the plot crutch to allow the vampire takeover.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

etalian posted:

The show pretty much needs the plot crutch to allow the vampire takeover.

That's okay if all of these characters die next week and the show goes, "alright just kidding, here's the real cast".

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Most of this episode was just retreading plot points from eps 1 & 2. By the time it got vaguely interesting I was playing on my phone and almost missed the Ken doll scene. Almost Human did it much better.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Frackie Robinson posted:

That's okay if all of these characters die next week and the show goes, "alright just kidding, here's the real cast".

vasili fet and Abraham are top tier, CDC staff hopefully becomes worm food.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

wormil posted:

Most of this episode was just retreading plot points from eps 1 & 2. By the time it got vaguely interesting I was playing on my phone and almost missed the Ken doll scene. Almost Human did it much better.

Whose dick fell off in Almost Human?

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Drifter posted:

Whose dick fell off in Almost Human?

Ken doll scene.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A lost opportunity to play the detachable penis one hit wonder song

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The thread title makes me wish Blade would show up and makes me sad each time.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Codependent Poster posted:

The thread title makes me wish Blade would show up and makes me sad each time.

He's still in prison.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Drifter posted:

He's still in prison.

No he got out in April last year

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
That episode was the best one yet. Still lawing some groundwork, but based on the preview for next week, things are going to pick up REALLY fast. The rat catcher and Setrakian are definitely my favorite characters, but Corey Stoll's wig is still in the running.

I'm just really digging the overall vibe of this show. It's got a good mixture of camp and creepiness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

DarklyDreaming posted:

No he got out in April last year

Just in time to not pay his taxes again.

• Locked thread