Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Some ECW fans swore up and down that in the 11th hour, a TV deal would materialize. And ECW gave the wrestling world far more than TNA ever did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Some ECW fans swore up and down that in the 11th hour, a TV deal would materialize. And ECW gave the wrestling world far more than TNA ever did.

Some WCW fans thought that WCW being pulled from Turner Networks was a work.

BigT
Oct 22, 2004

Great White Hope posted:

A work of mercy.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
a quiet dixie is a sneaky dixie

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Great White Hope posted:

If you haven't, listen to the Wrestling Observer Live radio show the night the WWF/WCW deal was announced. Call after call after call of "So... it's a work, right?" & "So what do YOU think will happen on Nitro next week?"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

dsriggs posted:

If you haven't, listen to the Wrestling Observer Live radio show the night the WWF/WCW deal was announced. Call after call after call of "So... it's a work, right?" & "So what do YOU think will happen on Nitro next week?"

It was this call repeated over and over and over:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCNx8QO0MnY

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

"So it's gonna be more than a month?"

Hahaha wow. How have I never heard this?

Please upload this entire episode. Thanks.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Deadpool posted:

"So it's gonna be more than a month?"

Hahaha wow. How have I never heard this?

Please upload this entire episode. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX2KMX9V0pW9L2Pz2zWfnEA/search?query=Wrestling+Observer+Live

Not sure which episode I was thinking of EXACTLY, but it's all good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

quote:

Stardog Champion • 16 hours ago

If TNA is cancel TNA then I'm done with pro wrestling forever. I'll leave TNAmecca, and shut down my youtube channel. I am not going to watch GFW or stream indy wrestling. Nope I'm done for good.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!
Some more stuff from Wrestling Inc Dot Com:

quote:

if TNA re-ups with Spike, TMZ and the Dirtsheets might be facing lawsuits for passing false information as factual

quote:

They're not going out of business. Many of you have forgotten that TNA was originally on Fox Sports before going to Spike TV. There are a lot of options for TNA out there. AOL/Timewarner stated they are interested in getting back into the wrestling business. Fox Sports One has been looking for more content to add to their lineup. If all else fails, TNA could negotiate a deal with a streaming service like uStream, Justin tv etc.. for the time being.

There is plenty of options available for TNA. Some network will pick them up because they are a international brand, that garners nearly 1.5 million viewers a week.

quote:

Maybe hopefully there is a merger between TNA and Jeff Jarrett's GWF! If Jarrett can find the right parties that can take TNA off the Carter family's back, that would be good!

The below was in response to someone pooh-poohing Bobby Lashley as TNA champ:

quote:

And, you guys like Brock Lesnar? At lease, the TNA champ does something more different.

And, last but most certainly not least (emphasis mine)

quote:

Laying the blame on Vince Russo is really not fair. The ratings plunged after he left, he wasn't responsible.

So, he's been consulting for them recently, but there's no way Spike would cancel their top rated show due a consultancy contract that could easily be cancelled - I freelance and those contracts always have clauses in the company's favor allowing them to withdraw from the agreement (especially if there was non-disclosure clause that was breached as Russo did).

Also, since Russo has been consulting with them, the ratings have started to rally.

The guy has done a lot of stupid cr*p, but blaming him for the mess TNA in is ridiculous. It was Dixie and her management team who threw ludicrous amounts of cash at Hogan and Bischoff and their ideas in a botched attempt to go mainstream, ultimately alienating all their fans and stagnating their ratings...

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The guy who said TNA could go to AMC is my favorite person in the universe.

Also I agree, Spike probably wouldn't cancel reruns of COPS for that.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
More than anything, I'm fascinated to see who, if anybody, takes the spot TNA has now.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Reruns of COPS get better ratings than TNA and used to prop up the first quarter of Impact

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

More than anything, I'm fascinated to see who, if anybody, takes the spot TNA has now.

It's time to #JoinTheForce.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

You are a good person. Thank you.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Slamball returns to Spike TV, Thursdays at 9/8c!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Delsaber posted:

Slamball returns to Spike TV, Thursdays at 9/8c!

I'd prefer RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROLLLLLLLLLLLLLERRRRRRRRRJJJJJJJAMMMMMMMM

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Spike forced Dixie to pay those guys!

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Earlier Dave Prazak tweeted about GWF being in negotiations with ESPN making fun of Dixie's tweet saying TNA was still in negotiations with Spike. This dirtsheet didn't realize GWF shut down in the nineties:

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/35453/Global-Wrestling-Federation-May-Have-Found-a-TV-Network/

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Hey not for nothing, but if you don't believe what TMZ posts and think they're some bullshit celeb gossip rag then you're dumb as gently caress and deserve all bad things that happen to you or anything you love because you're so dumb

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mob posted:

Hey not for nothing, but if you don't believe what TMZ posts and think they're some bullshit celeb gossip rag then you're dumb as gently caress and deserve all bad things that happen to you or anything you love because you're so dumb

Can you source your quotes please

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I sure can

Mob posted:

eat my entire rear end idiot

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

haha, oh you

Content:

quote:

Wilson Tkc • 5 hours ago
I am 100% believe that TNA will be better than they are at 2015..they had hit their very low point with the cancer that is hulk hogan..whether they will stick with spike or not..I believe they will get a tv deal and announce it before BFG..I think their financial status has been a little bit better after they get rid of the cancer turmoil and force to sacrifice other 4 TNA originals to keep them safe from the sickness..

THE CANCER TURMOIL - coming this fall to Syfy

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

THE CANCER TURMOIL - coming this fall to Lifetime

vIt's classic sports fandom. If a guy is on your team, he's hard-working, future star, the team can't survive without him, but the moment he's gone he was a bum who never contributed anything and finally we can succeed now that the lazy piece of trash is gone.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jul 29, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I do like that the TNA fan hivemind only decided Hogan was a blight on their product after he walked out on them and not during the 2-3 years of his run there

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

weekly font posted:

The guy who said TNA could go to AMC is my favorite person in the universe.

Also I agree, Spike probably wouldn't cancel reruns of COPS for that.

Almost as funny as some people around here thinking that RAW was gonna be on AMC.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Perdido posted:

Almost as funny as some people around here thinking that RAW was gonna be on AMC.

One of the reasons the stock ran up so high was takeover rumors, some of which involved AMC. They weren't true, but that stuff didn't originate here or among wrestling fans, it came from the markets.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Perdido posted:

AMC would never pick up a show that didn't have lengthy off-season times or a set ending after 3-4 years.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Everblight posted:

AMC would never pick up a show that didn't have lengthy off-season times or a set ending after 3-4 years.

Other than their biggest show Walking Dead

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

MassRafTer posted:

One of the reasons the stock ran up so high was takeover rumors, some of which involved AMC. They weren't true, but that stuff didn't originate here or among wrestling fans, it came from the markets.

I never said it originated on here.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Perdido posted:

I never said it originated on here.

People talking about stock market rumors is hardly the same because no one on here said anything like what TNA fans are. Barely anyone acted like it was a real possibility at all, and there was at least some reason for people not paying attention to do so.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Last night I was at the Pizza Hut and a huge man came in wearing a xxl HHH t-shirt and ordered two cookie pizzas and two two liters of mountain dew. In my heart of hearts I knew he was going to eat them by himself.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
gently caress, Joe Babinsack just had a RoH DVD review posted. I'm going to read this entire thing and post amazing sentences. I would say they were out of context, but it's Babinsack.

"After watching this DVD, be prepared to think long and hard as to why tag team wrestling isn't more prevalent, and other questions."

"For one, the style of the pair is really hard to describe. They definitely have a unique approach and that approach is pro wrestling for sure, even if there are those that don’t like the psychology. What you can call psychology these days is not something the Briscoes have. They have something else, have it in spades, and this approach is really better than the typical workrate. What’s interesting is that they can sell even though that’s an aspect of psychology long forgotten, long ignored and from my experience, vastly not understood."

"I saw them selling against Naomichi Marufuji & Takashi Sugiura. Of course, the Briscoes are going to sell in Japan and in a NOAH ring against two of the biggest talents in that promotion. But sell they did in this match, even if they didn’t do enough of it in others, even when they had reason to do so."

"Yeah, they do have a style that isn’t pretty to most, but it is a style. What’s worse is that they excel at a quaint niche of “wrasslin” that despite some flashes in the WWE (Usos/Wyatts), the concept rarely gets its due."

"There’s an interesting comparison by Prazak about the Road Warriors and the Briscoes. I’m not usually at odds with The Truth, but the Warriors had their own unorthodox style, typically didn’t sell and often used the Doomsday Device as a finish. Oh, nevermind. But then again, the Warriors were jacked up, vanquished foes in a few minutes and bounced from promotion to promotion, so they really weren’t that comparable."

This is the last sentence. I do not know why it's the last sentence.

"More than anything, if you want to see great tag team action, Ring of Honor shows that it is the destination point for Australian Rules action."

This is one of the worst things I've ever loving read.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

TNAsylum reveals why so many people hate TNA.

quote:

It's mostly a horde of E SuperMarks® and ROHBots fueling this wave of hate.

That's not to say you didn't have a point about lousy booking and
certainly poor marketing and misguided image building having ran away
some legit former fans of the promotion... but, that's a relatively
small % compared to the E and ROH marks.

The E mark hatred stems back to them being programmed to vomit on anything not WWE, specifically the MNW era when Shane O'Mac in fact had a full staff of paid trolls to hate on then kingpin WCW and to guide and influence the "universe" to think and act this way - and it continues to this day.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

godamn shave seltzer fueling those e supermarks and rohbots with misinformation and lies about tnasylum and all the little tnaddicts, if it wasn't for vin(no)cents rudeso and bulk boregan we'd still be number 1.

how'd I do?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Rodney the Piper posted:

This is one of the worst things I've ever loving read.

So, uh, what is this unique Briscoe style? They remember to sell sometimes?

Yeah, nobody understands that.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
THIS GOES ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

rovert posted:

Yeah man WWE is losing money which is why they paid money to Spike to drop TNA from all of that spare money they have.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

rovert posted:

This reminds me of my favorite TNA anecdote. I think it's originally from the Board:

"I went to Best Buy today to pick up the Against All Odds 2008 DVD with the tremendous Kurt Angle © vs Christian Cage TNA World Heavyweight Championship match. I had no intention of buying any WWE dvds since I had crossed the line in 2002 and never looked back, but they had the Rey Mysterio: Ultimate Fan Collection on sale and since I've started working out regularly, I figured it was worth it for the wrist bands. When I got up to the counter, the cashier said "Which of these things is not like the other?" and gave a sarcastic smirk while scanning my TNA disc. I asked him what the deal was and he talked about how TNA wasn't "legitimate." Uh, the TNA World Heavyweight Champion is a freaking Olympic Gold Medalist! That's as legitimate as it gets. WWE's champions are a white rapper, a zombie, and the brother of a zombie. He offered to void it if I wanted to and it'd be no problem. I declined his "polite" offer and I paid for my stuff and got out. How much is WWE paying Best Buy to try to discourage them from crossing the line?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

This reminds me of my favorite TNA anecdote. I think it's originally from the Board:

"I went to Best Buy today to pick up the Against All Odds 2008 DVD with the tremendous Kurt Angle © vs Christian Cage TNA World Heavyweight Championship match. I had no intention of buying any WWE dvds since I had crossed the line in 2002 and never looked back, but they had the Rey Mysterio: Ultimate Fan Collection on sale and since I've started working out regularly, I figured it was worth it for the wrist bands. When I got up to the counter, the cashier said "Which of these things is not like the other?" and gave a sarcastic smirk while scanning my TNA disc. I asked him what the deal was and he talked about how TNA wasn't "legitimate." Uh, the TNA World Heavyweight Champion is a freaking Olympic Gold Medalist! That's as legitimate as it gets. WWE's champions are a white rapper, a zombie, and the brother of a zombie. He offered to void it if I wanted to and it'd be no problem. I declined his "polite" offer and I paid for my stuff and got out. How much is WWE paying Best Buy to try to discourage them from crossing the line?"

I then went to Gamestop to buy the TNA Impact (tm) game and the cashier did not ask me if I wanted a protection plan for my game!!!!!!!!