Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Jerry Cotton posted:

Don't they teach elementary stuff about trademarks in school around there?

if you get a creative commons licence then you can use whatever logos and brand names you like as long as you put "no copyright intended" somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sweevo posted:

if you get a creative commons licence then you can use whatever logos and brand names you like as long as you put "no copyright intended" somewhere

drat sometimes I have a hard time differentiating yosposts with stupid opinions and yosposts with funy a jokes. Mostly because Shaggar posts here and he seems to be genuinely "Obama is a secret muslim"-levels stupid. (Though not that particular breed of stupid.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

i.e. intentional or not you managed to micro-:troll: me there

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jerry Cotton posted:

Don't they teach elementary stuff about trademarks in school around there?

schools teaching about trademarks? i can't even think of when that might be covered. not in grade school, at least

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Jerry Cotton posted:

drat sometimes I have a hard time differentiating yosposts with stupid opinions and yosposts with funy a jokes. Mostly because Shaggar posts here and he seems to be genuinely "Obama is a secret muslim"-levels stupid. (Though not that particular breed of stupid.)

he was making an oblique reference to a bitcoiner who literally thought that's how it worked; he believed the 'creative commons license' was an actual physical object, like a drivers license, and once you got one you could use anything you wanted as long as you credited the source

this is how he planned to open a bitcoin movie theater

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

prefect posted:

schools teaching about trademarks? i can't even think of when that might be covered. not in grade school, at least

Didn't you have like 'economics'? Actually now that I think about it it might've been an optional course :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

uncurable mlady posted:

:laffo:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jerry Cotton posted:

Didn't you have like 'economics'? Actually now that I think about it it might've been an optional course :shrug:

there was "home economics", where they tried to teach us to cook and sew. and i think there was "personal finance", where they tried to explain checkbooks to us

but i went to public school :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

prefect posted:

there was "home economics", where they tried to teach us to cook and sew. and i think there was "personal finance", where they tried to explain checkbooks to us

but i went to public school :shrug:

those would've been in either housekeeping or civil skills/citizen skills for us. except for checkbooks because i was born in 1978 so by the time i went to school no-one in the country used cheques. taught me how to tie a neck tie tho which was useful in the service.

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

economics focuses on meaningless poo poo like supply and demand and not "how much does ordering delivery 5 times a week cost over making food?"

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

uncurable mlady posted:

he was making an oblique reference to a bitcoiner who literally thought that's how it worked; he believed the 'creative commons license' was an actual physical object, like a drivers license, and once you got one you could use anything you wanted as long as you credited the source

loving lol

yes this is officer tom i noticed your copy of the matrix was going at 30 fps back there, cc license and registration plz

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
LOL'ed out loud for reals when this first came out. what a loving moron.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

did you really miss the stories of that guys repeated failures? because god drat that was hilarious

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sweevo posted:

did you really miss the stories of that guys repeated failures? because god drat that was hilarious

i don't really read threads :v:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Migishu posted:

the best app was IAmRich.app

no other app will succeed it

It's true.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Larry Page, is this how they taught you to treat people at Montessori school? You’re a cruel person who hurts families. You are an enemy of computing and freedom. We were all counting on you to be cool, and you let us down. I’m currently on vacation in Oahu.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
lol i had to google that ross guy. holy poo poo he was dumb

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

some tech journalist u are!!!

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
wow, who would've thought internet libertarians would come to the defense of the guy who ran a website that existed specifically to enable criminal acts, including assassination (if the founder's own bragging is to be believed)?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Doc Block posted:

wow, who would've thought internet libertarians would come to the defense of the guy who ran a website that existed specifically to enable criminal acts, including assassination (if the founder's own bragging is to be believed)?

they haven't though, with all the bitcoin millionaires out there he should have a lot more than 200k for his defense fund by now

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Doc Block posted:

they haven't really. but lol that he didn't just move somewhere in central america once the site started making him money

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
drugging shouldn't be a criminal act so it was an act of civil disobedience

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

how about hiring a contract killer

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
if there is no murder whats so bad about threatening it is how the police keep the peace after all

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

if there is no murder whats so bad about threatening it is how the police keep the peace after all

the guy thought he did murder, he just didn't realize that the guy he hired to kill the other guy was also a federal agent. or something like that. it's been a while

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the bible says it's only murder if the victim is a member of your tribe

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

pro tip: literally everyone who claims to be a contract killer is a law enforcement officer

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

if you actually need somebody killed, you already know a guy.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Blackula69 posted:

pro tip: literally everyone who claims to be a contract killer is a law enforcement officer

movies and television have tricked people into thinking that society is absolutely swimming with hitmen

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

quote:

I grew up in the 70s/80s. It was normal back then to defy authority if you believed you were doing the right thing.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
now u get shot and jailed instantly

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

i say gently caress authority
silent majority
raised by the system
now it's time to turn against them

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

honestly that whole thing is pull quote-worthy

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
this whole article was fantastic the first time i read it and it still is.

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”
you gotta post an ad in Soldier of Fortune magazine if you want a real deal assassin

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

raruler posted:

you gotta post an ad in Soldier of Fortune magazine if you want a real deal assassin

read as real doll assassin

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
do I have to pay for shipping on my free ross?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

what if he never really stopped making apps for Apple and this is satire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Valeyard posted:

read as real doll assassin

take her out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want her plastic lifeless body in the ground!

• Locked thread