Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
1. open google chrome
2. type "www.wikipedia.org" into the address bar but do not actually go there
3. google chrome will have "www.wikipedia.org/wiki/list_of_ecchi_anime" as its first autocomplete suggestion

seriously this will happen even on fresh installs of google chrome on brand-new computers and it apparently happens everywhere, as I searched and someone in ohio has also noticed this

seriously what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

lol what the gently caress is ecchi

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

a hole-y ghost posted:

lol what the gently caress is ecchi

i have no idea at all nuh uh

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i was going to yell at you and say its based off of your search patterns but wtf

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Why would you use google chrome?

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
hahaha holy poo poo i thought i was getting trolled but sure enough

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

FordPRefectLL posted:

i was going to yell at you and say its based off of your search patterns but wtf

lol yeah me too

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

President Ark posted:

1. open google chrome
3. google chrome will have "www.wikipedia.org/wiki/list_of_ecchi_anime" as its first autocomplete suggestion

seriously this will happen even on fresh installs of google chrome on brand-new computers and it apparently happens everywhere, as I searched and someone in ohio has also noticed this

From what I can tell. It is based off of your previous searches OP.

vocaloid orgasm
Apr 15, 2011

I keep on singing
Eternal life
VOCALOID
ecchi means good.

watch some of the series it suggests. it'll be good for you.

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

lol that owns. a bunch of horned up dudes all searching for some animes to watch are ruining google

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

:crossarms:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Al Borland posted:

From what I can tell. It is based off of your previous searches OP.

i don't think so borland, I'm getting the same result

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

you have to type it into your address bar. not google you fool

and dont forget the https://www. or the first result is some sort of skin disease

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

what the heck it's true

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Alberto Basalm posted:

whats really weird is the ones below ecchi are different for me

e:

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

are you a loving grandma? don't google it, type it in the loving address bar. gently caress

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

GOOGLE CHROME

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Alberto Basalm posted:

and dont forget the https://www. or the first result is some sort of skin disease

ecchi anime: more important than abraham lincoln

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

lol

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

i dunno what that is, is there a way i can find out?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/feet

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

President Ark posted:

1. open google chrome

holy gently caress

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008
There isn't even a wikipedia article of that name anymore, looks like it got deleted over two years ago

What kind of hosed up google algorithm made this happen

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Does this have anything to do with Justine Tunney

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Bolian Blues posted:

There isn't even a wikipedia article of that name anymore, looks like it got deleted over two years ago

What kind of hosed up google algorithm made this happen
no accident of the algorithm, it was the work of millions of combined man hours by deft otaku fingers

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Its not even just chrome

I'm not even in the US and it comes up before spanish results!

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011
You might be using Chrome's "URL prediction service" which uses Google servers to predict what you might be trying to type. Go to Settings, then to "Show advanced settings" at the bottom and disable the following:

"Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar or the app launcher search box"

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

rgocs posted:

You might be using Chrome's "URL prediction service" which uses Google servers to predict what you might be trying to type. Go to Settings, then to "Show advanced settings" at the bottom and disable the following:

"Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar or the app launcher search box"

shut up and type it in your own browser, turbonerd

President Ark
May 16, 2010

rgocs posted:

that still raises the question of why google's servers think literally every person going to wikipedia wants to look at a list of anime

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This is pretty funny. I was gonna say cookies idiot but nope.

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

satanic splash-back posted:

shut up and type it in your own browser, turbonerd

I did, it only shows up if I have the option enabled.

Ball Cupper
Sep 10, 2011

~beautiful in my own way~
Woah, it does this on my phone too, and every piece of technology I own. What the heck?>???

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

President Ark posted:

that still raises the question of why google's servers think literally every person going to wikipedia wants to look at a list of anime

Ironically, the way Google search works, I am guessing all the users now checking out the "www.wikipedia.org/wiki/list of ecchi anime" suggestion are reinforcing Google's belief that it is the right thing to suggest.

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008
So it's like when #HitlerDidNothingWrong was trending on Twitter because everyone was tweeting about how awful it was that #HitlerDidNothingWrong was trending on Twitter?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Guys this goes deeper than we think, back in high school I wanted to get a tattoo on my back that showed my support for free knowledge. Well now I got curious and it turns out that when you put my wikipedia.org tattoo under an ultraviolet light it adds "/list_of_ecchi_anime"

I'm scared, guys. I keep hearing scuttling noises and I could have sworn that I saw a tentacle pressing against the door a few minutes ago.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

this is a cool wiki page, tia

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Dogs, do I gotta point out it's en.wikipedia.org?

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
lol that owns

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Xaris posted:

this is a cool wiki page, tia

but the page doesnt actually exist

are you a time traveler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark