Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
How come you never see any really pissed off ghosts of black people in movies, or on TV? You think with all that slavery and lynchings there would be a lot of pissed off black ghosts.

Even the supposedly "real" ghosts you see on Unsolved Mysteries are always white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

How come you never see any really pissed off ghosts of black people in movies, or on TV? You think with all that slavery and lynchings there would be a lot of pissed off black ghosts.

Even the supposedly "real" ghosts you see on Unsolved Mysteries are always white.

Look up Delphine LaLaurie and the ghost stories associated with her

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

black ghosts are poltergeists they look invisible because they are against the dark

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
It's confusing cux they're called Wights

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I thought I remember seeing an episode of The X-Files with black ghosts but they were extremely nice and well mannered. The "Good Ones" if you will.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
They are less scary than white ghosts because you can't see them in the dark.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

come listen to my sweet new christian metal band Against the Dark

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

we're flippin' awesome

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Why are the Prestons always helping the family on the Haunted Hathaways? Why can't white families solve their own problems without having to rely on dead black people? Those poor dead black kids lost their mother & their lives and now they have to babysit your white rear end? Get shrunk down & almost ghost drown in a bottle of milk? Obama's post-racial afterlife was a lie!

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

they dont exist anymorr because tupac is in thug heaven and really whho wouldnt rather hang out with pac instead of yelling boo at people

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

he doesn't look too happy to be stuck in the floor tbh

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Ghost Dad is the real reason we can't have black ghosts now.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

For the same reason the world isn't full of pissed off ghost cows from cows we turned into hamburgers

1) livestock don't leave ghosts
2) ghosts are not real

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i miss poverty ghost

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f3OSKfDbXs

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

statistically, poverty ghost is likely to be black

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
In Supernatural there was only one black character that was not evil and she was in the worst episode of the series. Every other black character always turns out to be evil. If you want some more racism the Jaffa are the bad race for a while in Stargate SG-1 and every single one of them are black or are dark skinned enough to be lynched by the KKK.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

when i was a kid i was afraid of black ghosts becuse i live in Richmond

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
I saw Ghost Dad at the Dollar Cinema. gently caress that movie.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
spooky

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I remember reading this book in Elementary school about a slave ghost who took the protag back in time to prevent his death.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Mr Tastee posted:

I remember reading this book in Elementary school about a slave ghost who took the protag back in time to prevent his death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Something_Upstairs

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Most ghosts are white. This isn't because white people are "better" or "smarter." It's because more white people can afford to be ghosts.

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
racism. simple and plain racism

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
Because mediums and ghost hunters exist to con the middle class and the rich, who are predominantly white.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
They don't show up well on film.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The Mothman was technically a black ghost, but also a moth, so take that as you will.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Black ghosts are spooky.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
do black ghosts drive down property prices tia?

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Ghosts are racists that leave heaven when they find out it has the blacks

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

donkey salami posted:

Ghosts are racists that leave heaven when they find out it has the blacks

yeah but then GENTRIFICATION by hipster ghosts drives up the property prices and forces the black ghosts to purgatory.

porkchop_express fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 30, 2014

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr Tastee posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Time-Andrew-A-Ghost-Story/dp/0618873163

This one didn't have slaves, but it had time travel ghost-ish stuff and marbles. And pantywaists.

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

Yaos posted:

In Supernatural there was only one black character that was not evil and she was in the worst episode of the series. Every other black character always turns out to be evil. If you want some more racism the Jaffa are the bad race for a while in Stargate SG-1 and every single one of them are black or are dark skinned enough to be lynched by the KKK.

what about the black hunter in Supernatural who drank Johnnie Walker Blue Label

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dku71dBXaVI

naem
May 29, 2011

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Pretty sure Michael J Fox hung out with a 1970's era Neil DeGrasse Tyson in The Frightners.

Sorry OP, your argument is now invalid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Yeah, that's it.

• Locked thread