Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Usually I'm disappointed with re watching movies but I noticed a lot more in the movie this time and drat is it a well crafted sequel.

Favorite names from the credits: Billy Hank Hooker & Angus Poon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Please keep in mind that Bobby Budnick is in the movie and he helps rob an ATM with Jonathon Connor using sick hacking skills

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

bitchtard posted:

Usually I'm disappointed with re watching movies but I noticed a lot more in the movie this time and drat is it a well crafted sequel.

Favorite names from the credits: Billy Hank Hooker & Angus Poon

i was 9 the first time I saw it. I'd watch it again

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Yea T2 is great when they took the scary nemesis from the film Terminator and had him giving a kid high 5's and saying things like "no problemo." If there's one thing I look for in a great sequel it's dumbing things down and making it more kid friendly. I mean in that first terminator movie all he does is kill and kill like a heartless machine programmed to kill. In the sequel the terminator has so much more range making funny faces and totally rad joke lines and being bossed around by a lovely kid. So good.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Talk about a big FU to Kevin 'Ug' Lee

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Yea T2 is great when they took the scary nemesis from the film Terminator and had him giving a kid high 5's and saying things like "no problemo." If there's one thing I look for in a great sequel it's dumbing things down and making it more kid friendly. I mean in that first terminator movie all he does is kill and kill like a heartless machine programmed to kill. In the sequel the terminator has so much more range making funny faces and totally rad joke lines and being bossed around by a lovely kid. So good.

Nice troll, however I can easily see through it

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
All the terminators are good, except the reboot. It was just meh.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

t1 is also still very good

t's 3 and 4 were never good to start with

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Just think, everything in T2 was all lead up and setting the stage to the best moment in the franchise.

"Talk to the hand"

If not for the amazing T2, the franchise would have never hit that peak.

Edit: T2 is great for making the franchise kid friendly just like the other amazing kid friendly sci fi action sequel Robocop 3.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Cyberball 2072 posted:

its okay i'm gay too

naem
May 29, 2011

I love that 1992 was once the far future

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
and poor donkey lips was sent to the world of doritos commercials

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
t2 is a seriously good action movie. probably going to watch it now thanks

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

In my opinion, Terminator 2 is legitimately in the top ten movies ever made because the T-1000 is an iconic villain, the T-800 an iconic hero, its groundbreaking special effects, its lasting impact on popular culture as well as its immediately recognizable theme song.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
lol its a pretty funny movie

naem
May 29, 2011

I enjoy the shooty parts

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Can we talk about t2 the arcade game for a moment? What was with all the welders with machine guns in that last level? Did you stumble onto a steel workers union attempt at a coup or something?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

naem posted:

I love that 1992 was once the far future

Terminator 2 took place in 1995

naem
May 29, 2011

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Terminator 2 took place in 1995

Lol

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

oldpainless posted:

In my opinion, Terminator 2 is legitimately in the top ten movies ever made because the T-1000 is an iconic villain, the T-800 an iconic hero, its groundbreaking special effects, its lasting impact on popular culture as well as its immediately recognizable theme song.
See thats kinda the movies' whole problem, making the t 800 a hero is a giant poo poo on the first movie and scores of innocent people he killed.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
thanks to T2 i don't trust Dyson vacuums.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Cyberball 2072 posted:

See thats kinda the movies' whole problem, making the t 800 a hero is a giant poo poo on the first movie and scores of innocent people he killed.

its not the same robot dude did you even watch the god drat movie

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

the movie took place then. the atomic holocaust didn't happen till 1999.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Cyberball 2072 posted:

it's a different t800 though

are you saying they all look the same to you?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Cyberball 2072 posted:

its a different guy though sooooo

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Ball aching loyalty to the original premise is what makes most sequels unwatchable

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

the movie took place then. the atomic holocaust didn't happen till 1999.

Holy cow nerd alert

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Cyberball 2072 posted:

I hope their families sued that insensitive fucker James Cameron.

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
theres a japanese company named cyberdyne that has a product named HAL

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i forget, did they keep the whole "t800 is the good guy this time" plot point in their pants until the movie came out or did they blow it immediately for advertisements

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I liked the first one better actually.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

tractor fanatic posted:

hell yeah

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i like the first terminator better, but also the second aliens

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

i forget, did they keep the whole "t800 is the good guy this time" plot point in their pants until the movie came out

sorta

arguably the movie itself did a bad job of concealing it

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEH9W2RdYn4

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

tractor fanatic posted:

are they trying to destroy themselves?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

paranoid randroid posted:

i like the first terminator better, but also the second aliens

i like michael biehn too

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

sorta

arguably the movie itself did a bad job of concealing it

dont remember there being any indication that arnie was the good guy until that scene in the mall with the shotgun in the box of roses

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

i like michael biehn too

Congrats on being a human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

There's a shot in T2 I love where John drives by on his motorbike in the background with the little engine making a high whining noise and then the front tire of Arnold's motorcycle stops right in front of the camera with the kickass engine in total contrast to John's engine and the background music kicks in with the theme and oh my god its such a cool shot.

I loving love Terminator 2.

• Locked thread