Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vOv
Feb 8, 2014

cookies over http is a bad idea, film at 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

why do some sites forbid using the same letter three times in a row????

does that even help? this only reduces the set of valid passwords making brute forcing easier, no?

presumably to stop people setting their password as aaaaaaaaaaa

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

im lazy so i like the way that qualys handle asswords: e-mail you your new password in the clear and dont enforce changing it at next login

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

cheese-cube posted:

im lazy so i like the way that qualys handle asswords: e-mail you your new password in the clear and dont enforce changing it at next login

for some reason every usenet provider i've ever used also does this

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/504595646/cryptocat-private-instant-messaging-for-everyone

20 hours to go
$5,500 raised
$45,000 needed

WHAT A SUCCESS

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

quote:

The Cryptocat team will fly over to your city of residence and give a full-day workshop on Internet privacy and computer security to your workplace! Note that you must cover travel costs, and that we reserve the right to postpone travel due to safety concerns.

honestly words escape me.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i mean, i shouldnt be surprised that a terrible person could create a terrible kickstarter but this is just something else

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

cheese-cube posted:

i mean, i shouldnt be surprised that a terrible person could create a terrible kickstarter but this is just something else

as shared in #yossec

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/504595646/cryptocat-private-instant-messaging-for-everyone/#chart-daily

Westie
May 30, 2013

Baboon Simulator

same but for facebook chat, history and all.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

pirated semen installs

mods

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Link us to Genuine semen please so that we can True Up

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Volmarias posted:

Link us to Genuine semen please so that we can True Up

okay

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

:stare:

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

can i send a doobie dog over it

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/chinese-cyberattack-hits-canada-s-national-research-council-1.2721241

so fyi the canadian government still uses ie6 in a lot of departments

even our national police force

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
android lol

Android Fake ID Vulnerability Lets Malware Impersonate Trusted Applications, Puts All Android Users Since January 2010 At Risk

The Android package installer makes no attempt to verify the authenticity of a certificate chain; in other words, an identity can claim to be issued by another identity, and the Android cryptographic code will not verify the claim

Dubbed “Fake ID,” the vulnerability allows malicious applications to impersonate specially recognized trusted applications without any user notification. This can result in a wide spectrum of consequences. For example, the vulnerability can be used by malware to escape the normal application sandbox and take one or more malicious actions: insert a Trojan horse into an application by impersonating Adobe Systems; gain access to NFC financial and payment data by impersonating Google Wallet; or take full management control of the entire device by impersonating 3LM.

Dixie Cretin Seaman fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jul 30, 2014

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”
just gonna check that this certificate is valid

not gonna check who vouched for it, or anything

why yes, the chinese government is in my trust store

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
with friends like Google, why would :nsa: even need backdoored

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
you know what, it's better that way

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

wrap it up ????ailures

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

OSI bean dip posted:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/chinese-cyberattack-hits-canada-s-national-research-council-1.2721241

so fyi the canadian government still uses ie6 in a lot of departments

even our national police force

there's still good money to be made working for the govt if you're one of the poor souls that knows coldfusion

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

android lol

Android Fake ID Vulnerability Lets Malware Impersonate Trusted Applications, Puts All Android Users Since January 2010 At Risk

The Android package installer makes no attempt to verify the authenticity of a certificate chain; in other words, an identity can claim to be issued by another identity, and the Android cryptographic code will not verify the claim

Dubbed “Fake ID,” the vulnerability allows malicious applications to impersonate specially recognized trusted applications without any user notification. This can result in a wide spectrum of consequences. For example, the vulnerability can be used by malware to escape the normal application sandbox and take one or more malicious actions: insert a Trojan horse into an application by impersonating Adobe Systems; gain access to NFC financial and payment data by impersonating Google Wallet; or take full management control of the entire device by impersonating 3LM.

but open source code can be reviewed by anyone which makes it more secure and furthermore,

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

raruler posted:

just gonna check that this certificate is valid

not gonna check who vouched for it, or anything

why yes, the chinese government is in my trust store

dont worry google issued a patch so once the carriers push it to all the android phones sold in the last 4 years this problem goes away

Jewel
May 2, 2009

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1237512-daoud-7th-circuit.html

Long story short: Federal court says defendant cannot see :nsa: surveillance evidence against him.

hosed up tbh.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

ahmeni posted:

there's still good money to be made working for the govt if you're one of the poor souls that knows coldfusion

as if the govt uses anything that modern

some bureaucrat in their 70s writes each returned page's html by hand and feeds the punchcard into the mainframe

at least that's the only explanation i have for websites that close after 5pm in the evening.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

scroogle nmaps posted:

as if the govt uses anything that modern

some bureaucrat in their 70s writes each returned page's html by hand and feeds the punchcard into the mainframe

at least that's the only explanation i have for websites that close after 5pm in the evening.
i worked at the local VA hospital a while back and their intranet was classic asp and sharepoint. lol coldfusion

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

reminder: howard dean invented drupal

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Bloody posted:

reminder: howard dean invented drupal

no wonder he was caught screaming on tape :ohdear:

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

LOL I just got invited to give a talk/keynote at a pretty big mainframe conference and I come to find out that some security people at CA and IBM think I'm 'too dangerous' to talk. To the point that they were willing to leave the board for the conference if I'm allowed to speak.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

LOL I just got invited to give a talk/keynote at a pretty big mainframe conference and I come to find out that some security people at CA and IBM think I'm 'too dangerous' to talk. To the point that they were willing to leave the board for the conference if I'm allowed to speak.
go on

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

:allears:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Are you a loose cannon y/n

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

what the hell have you done

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Volmarias posted:

Are you a loose cannon y/n

well apparently they're going to take his badge for it

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I don't think a conference badge counts, sadly.

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

post your speech

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Nice!

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

make noise and embarrass the gently caress out of them

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

idk just say something like "ARCSERVE SUCKS" and CA will get mad but sort of quietly agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

compuserved
Mar 20, 2006

Nap Ghost

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

please elaborate, this sounds pretty deece

• Locked thread