Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

If they don't air these two shows back to back they're missing out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Israel Bissell snubbed again.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

I just learned that AMC is making a comedy series set in Revolutionary America called "We Hate Paul Revere" about two guys who hate Paul Revere, with Ron Livingston cast as the titular Revere.

This sounds funny.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

After watching two seasons of An Idiot Abroad on Netflix, its kind of my favorite thing ever. Karl Pilkington is an enigma and is an incredible natural funnyman find. Like, not the comedian kind. The kind you used to know as a kid, whose entire life was perfect comedy.

Looking forward to diving into the appropriate thread of course. But the season finale just made it impossible to post about it. Finally have a reason to check out the podcast.

EDIT: The poo poo! There's no thread?!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I just learned that AMC is making a comedy series set in Revolutionary America called "We Hate Paul Revere" about two guys who hate Paul Revere, with Ron Livingston cast as the titular Revere.

This is amazing. Well, potentially.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Welp, I guess we know that at least someone played Assassin's Creed III! :v:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Shageletic posted:

After watching two seasons of An Idiot Abroad on Netflix, its kind of my favorite thing ever. Karl Pilkington is an enigma and is an incredible natural funnyman find. Like, not the comedian kind. The kind you used to know as a kid, whose entire life was perfect comedy.

Looking forward to diving into the appropriate thread of course. But the season finale just made it impossible to post about it. Finally have a reason to check out the podcast.

EDIT: The poo poo! There's no thread?!

instead of listening to a million hours of podcasst, just watch the hbo cartoon version.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Judge Clayjar posted:

instead of listening to a million hours of podcasst, just watch the hbo cartoon version.

Counterpoint: do both, the podcast is great.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

Bown posted:

Big Bang Theory without the jokes

I know ripping on BBT is more than old hat these days but it's pretty funny how this is less than 90 seconds long

I'm not sure if it's really problematic if your sitcom has lots of jokes in it, so I don't know what this is supposed to demonstrate. And it's not as if the guy hasn't also made videos for Seinfeld and Friends, which are barely any longer.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

4 episodes into Broadchurch and this absolutely feels like The Killing. I just hope they don't gently caress us on the ending.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Super Ninja Fish posted:

I get this from Walking Dead but not GoT. There's hope and it works out sometimes. The Night's Watch somehow managed to win a war against 100,000. People hoped that Tyrion would survive this season and he did. Look at Sansa. Almost everything has worked to her benefit this year. So much has gone right with Dany, it's actually boring. Arya's been in a bad state mentally but you never felt like her life was in any danger this year. Most of her scenes were lighthearted or humorous. With Walking Dead, it's non stop bad stuff happening all the time. It's hard to get invested in anyone because it always feels like anyone can die at any second. Since there isn't much humor or lighthearted moments, it gets very old. Feels like you're just waiting to see which character will die next.

That's fair. I still think the demise of a certain someone who had their head crushed this year was a pointless gesture. I know the whole point is that things aren't going to play out the way that you expect them and there's nothing wrong with that. But they made that point with Ned Stark. There's different ways of subverting expectations than just killing someone off. I think it's too easy to fall back on that idea and the more it's done the less effective it is.

I totally agree on TWD though and it's why I gladly stopped reading the comics. It's misery for the sake of misery (And the comic goes much worse than the show does). The show and the comic are far worse in their 'no one is safe' mantra than GoT is and Kirkman is far too quick to go to rape as an easy shortcut for shocks. It's a cheap thing to do for what's such a serious thing. All that of course amidst the torture, child molesting, brutal violence etc. It feels weirdly 90s in its approach to being TOTALLY XTREME and yet people lap it up. It's not that I have an issue with those scenes happening, it's that they're used so cheaply and without thought.

The only good thing The Walking Dead did was have that arc in the comic where they meet peaceful, well rounded people who have made the best of a bad situation and are actually loving happy.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DominoDancing posted:

I'm not sure if it's really problematic if your sitcom has lots of jokes in it, so I don't know what this is supposed to demonstrate. And it's not as if the guy hasn't also made videos for Seinfeld and Friends, which are barely any longer.

Yes, I watched them all, dude. I just thought that one was the funniest and most worth sharing. It was cute. Calm your poo poo.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

DrVenkman posted:

The only good thing The Walking Dead did was have that arc in the comic where they meet peaceful, well rounded people who have made the best of a bad situation and are actually loving happy.

Yeah...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DrVenkman posted:

That's fair. I still think the demise of a certain someone who had their head crushed this year was a pointless gesture.

The guy in a fight to the death?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Jim Gaffigan's sitcom, originally shot for CBS, has been resurrected for... TV Land.

No really, the channel that brought you M*A*S*H reruns and Hot in Cleveland is presenting a single-camera comedy from Jim Gaffigan and Peter Tolan.

quote:

"We love Jim Gaffigan’s brand of humor," blurbs TV Land President Larry W. Jones. "The second we saw this show we knew we wanted it on TV Land. The audience that TV Land is targeting is Gen Xers who are raising families so we love that this show reflects their world. Only funnier."

So I guess you're going to have to learn where TV Land is on the dial because this is the only place where you can see--

quote:

...with Comedy Central securing rights to air episodes one week after their premiere.

The world is different now.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That sounds good to me. I remember Comedy Central used to air the previous night's Late Night with Conan O'Brien.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They might have undershot Jim Gaffigan's brand a bit there.

It's less parents than grandparents.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

DrVenkman posted:

That's fair. I still think the demise of a certain someone who had their head crushed this year was a pointless gesture. I know the whole point is that things aren't going to play out the way that you expect them and there's nothing wrong with that.
That's not the point, the point is that he got way too emotional, made mistakes in a fight to the death, and then paid for it.. He got exactly what was coming to him, same as everyone else that dies.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Okay the Dumb Starbucks episode of Nathan For You is the funniest episode of TV I've seen so far this year. Absolutely incredible.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Bown posted:

Okay the Dumb Starbucks episode of Nathan For You is the funniest episode of TV I've seen so far this year. Absolutely incredible.

The part where he kept trying to snatch the contract back from the lawyer had me crying.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
In other news, Allison Williams has been cast as Peter Pan in NBC's musical adaptation.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yes the androgynous Allison Williams.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

zoux posted:

Yes the androgynous Allison Williams.

Not much by the way of curves and a plainly cute face, a short wig and green costume should be more than ample to making her sexless.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Stop dressing up hot girls as men and making me ask myself uncomfortable questions, Hollywood!

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
Considering the hilarious amount of effort they put into not showing her tits on Girls she may very well be a man irl.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I'm not going to go on the nepotism rant that's sometimes popular in the Girls thread, but the EPs calling Brian Williams' daughter a "find" is kind of hilarious.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The leftovers continues to rule

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bown posted:

It was definitely worth the wait.

Nathan is also on the latest How Did This Get Made? podcast. It's pretty good.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

precision posted:

It was definitely worth the wait.

Nathan is also on the latest How Did This Get Made? podcast. It's pretty good.

Eh, he barely talks. It was kind of disappointing.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

The leftovers continues to rule

hey occ guess what's better than the leftovers

it's doctor who

edit: also, hannibal

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Bown posted:

hey occ guess what's better than the leftovers

it's doctor who

edit: also, hannibal

Yeah those are two great shows

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

FOR ME TO POOP ON

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

:vince:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

FOR ME TO POOP ON

Don't double post just for a terrible joke.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Doctor Who is pretty much poop

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Dr. Who is wholly inoffensive, almost aggravatingly so, but occasionally manages genuinely great episodes. Note, I have only seen maybe 30 total Dr. Who episodes ever, so.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So I followed a quote from the quote thread about TNA wrestling losing their TV deal with Spike, and now I've been watching wrestling gifs and videos for like 2 days and why haven't I always been watching pro wrestling???

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Doctor Who is better than 99% of the shows Britain produces each year.

The problem is that we don't live in Britain.

zoux posted:

So I followed a quote from the quote thread about TNA wrestling losing their TV deal with Spike, and now I've been watching wrestling gifs and videos for like 2 days and why haven't I always been watching pro wrestling???

You don't have the emotional maturity of an eight year old?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I do though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Irish Joe posted:

Doctor Who is better than 99% of the shows Britain produces each year.

The problem is that we don't live in Britain.

If that's the best they have to offer than I'm especially glad I don't live there.

• Locked thread