Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
Gently caress your poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

gromdul posted:

I will gladly that her gently.

Good man. I expect scented candles and every season of Nick's All That.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I need a good the war base layout. although these kids we got matched up against probably will have awful attacks tomorrow

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
spergs has open slots and the guys we are matched against look like scrubs gently caress them I hate them

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Stereotype posted:

spergs has open slots and the guys we are matched against look like scrubs gently caress them I hate them

loving scrub bitches. i'm about to butthole the poo poo out of them

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
no one has withstood my 10 lvl 2 dragons so far and these idiot bitches will be no exception. Especially now that I have a BK

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

A TH3 in champion league? :stare:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
OK so I guess I can't donate to the war until it restarts, but :bahgawd: I'm gonna donate a poo poo ton of L5 archers to whoever asks

taste the archers aatrek

tomorrow I'm just gonna manufacture nothing but L5 wizards to give away because a TH3-6 with some mean wizards and archers in their back pocket is hilarious

padijun fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jul 29, 2014

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Dancing Peasant posted:

That own's but it must have taken so long

nephyx
Jun 20, 2006

"Purges"
-Adolf Twerkel

Deep Winter posted:

Any more goon clans got a spot? My wife needs a clan that can donate hey poo poo. That her gently.

Spergs of war would be happy to have active players. Simply send a request with something goony. Cheers

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

nephyx posted:

Spergs of war would be happy to have active players. Simply send a request with something goony. Cheers

Required trophies, 800. She's pretty casual, it's gonna be a while before she hits that.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Dancing Peasant posted:

That's amazing.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Is it better to barch for DE or to actually launch a tactical attack? I feel like I gotta pass by a lot of high DE targets because I can't really penetrate the center with barching.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Booties posted:

Is it better to barch for DE or to actually launch a tactical attack? I feel like I gotta pass by a lot of high DE targets because I can't really penetrate the center with barching.

What trophy range are you? I pass some TH9s and a good amount of TH10s because I feel like there's no shortage of decently easy targets with 1k+ DE at 1800 trophy range.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
e: double post

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

Booties posted:

I barch for gold (full collectors), and roll with 2 lightning spells if the DE storage is in the middle of the base.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

Booties posted:

Depends on your TH/troop levels. If you're TH7/8 it's probably best to get it through barch/easy storages and skip the ones guarded by discos/xbows. If you have access to top level troops, I was able to make 20-30k DE/day using bloonion in crystal league.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Secret Sweater posted:

What trophy range are you? I pass some TH9s and a good amount of TH10s because I feel like there's no shortage of decently easy targets with 1k+ DE at 1800 trophy range.

ixo posted:

Depends on your TH/troop levels. If you're TH7/8 it's probably best to get it through barch/easy storages and skip the ones guarded by discos/xbows. If you have access to top level troops, I was able to make 20-30k DE/day using bloonion in crystal league.

Bloonion is really good past gold i. Great for DE, ok for gold, bad for elixer.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I guess I just gotta be patient and keep hitting next. I was in the 1250 range, but I dropped due to 1130 due to farming. I'm TH7. It just sucks right now because I am upgrading my spell factory then going to war. Tomorrow will be a better day.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

We spent has once again, gotten a feeder team, or something. We can't catch a goddamn break

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Booties posted:

I guess I just gotta be patient and keep hitting next. I was in the 1250 range, but I dropped due to 1130 due to farming. I'm TH7. It just sucks right now because I am upgrading my spell factory then going to war. Tomorrow will be a better day.

Go to around 1300-1500, stick to gold III and you will find everything.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
What happens to defenses being upgraded when they're in a war base?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

padijun posted:

For example if you are going from Wizard Tower 3 -> 4 in your war base it's considered a 3 for the purpose of clan wars.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

padijun posted:

SalTheBard posted:

For example if you are going from Wizard Tower 3 -> 4 in your war base it's considered a 3 for the purpose of clan wars.

Adding to this, if you're building a level 1 building, it'll be as if it's finished in your war base.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
Has anyone managed to make a reliable butthole layout for TH9? These replays are making me want one.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Seditiar posted:

Adding to this, if you're building a level 1 building, it'll be as if it's finished in your war base.
Adding to this, if it's an x-bow or (probably)an inferno tower, your unfinished building cannot be changed from the default mode (ground only for x-bow). It changes in the layout editor, but reverts when you exit.

This confused the gently caress out of me when I got dragonned two wars in a row and they would never fire at them.

morning wood posted:

Has anyone managed to make a reliable butthole layout for TH9? These replays are making me want one.
No, the one I've been posting replays of is useless and the replays are the product of months of toiling in adobe after effects. They never happened.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013

Secret Sweater posted:

No, the one I've been posting replays of is useless and the replays are the product of months of toiling in adobe after effects. They never happened.

Haven't seen a layout of your base posted (just the small .gifs or screenshots of defense logs) since 22 July, which is notably before the below post. Share your secrets butthole master.

Secret Sweater posted:

3 raids today, continuing with the trend of spending a shitload on armies and not getting much out of it. But at least these guys stood to gain some reasonable loot unlike the hogtard that revenged me.

The dragon raider deployed in a second buttehole I didn't even know I had :monocle: (Our programmers quickly deployed Bhole v1.3.1 to patch the error)

morning wood fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jul 30, 2014

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
Darn I thought I'd put a screenshot in here. I'll get one tonight from a replay as I've temporarily closed my hole up.

e: This video has the last version I did. Still far from complete, but it's the best I got
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRywYlGz9gA
big bombs are in the 1, 3 and 4 quadrants in front of the wizard towers.

Secret Sweater fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 30, 2014

waffledoodle
Oct 1, 2005

I believe your boast sounds vaguely familiar.
"JESUS CHRIST YOU loving DRAGON, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GOING" is a thing that my coworkers got to hear me scream repeatedly during today's war.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013

waffledoodle posted:

"JESUS CHRIST YOU loving DRAGON, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GOING" is a thing that my coworkers got to hear me scream repeatedly during today's war.

I too enjoy spending nearly 1 million elixir on dragons and spells for wars and hoping the down's syndrome troops that are dragons manage to blindly stumble upon the townhall and air defenses. :downswords:

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004

waffledoodle posted:

You can't run with pure dragons. Gotta use your BK and like 40 archers + CC to clear out the exterior buildings on one side so your drags have a straight shot to the middle of the base.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Gold and a Pager posted:

You can't run with pure dragons. Gotta use your BK and like 40 archers + CC to clear out the exterior buildings on one side so your drags have a straight shot to the middle of the base.

BK is often enough, if he isn't, BK + CC is by far enough, no need to sacrifice 2 dragons for 40 archers.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Seditiar posted:

BK is often enough, if he isn't, BK + CC is by far enough, no need to sacrifice 2 dragons for 40 archers.

Yeah I had pretty good success last night with 15 archers and 5 cc wizards clearing a path for my 9 dragons. Spell placement is also pretty huge.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
I stick by 3x lightning on an AD with all L3 dragons. The BK usually cleans up some trash on the exterior and the dragons typically move in from there. 2 stars is still perfectly acceptable when you're hitting guys higher placed on the war map than yourself. We've been getting matched up with scrublords doing 30's but it's at least allowed our lower people to TH snipe and what not to ease the resource costs. At least this clan probably understands the junk we talk in the description.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

b0ng posted:

I stick by 3x lightning on an AD with all L3 dragons. The BK usually cleans up some trash on the exterior and the dragons typically move in from there. 2 stars is still perfectly acceptable when you're hitting guys higher placed on the war map than yourself. We've been getting matched up with scrublords doing 30's but it's at least allowed our lower people to TH snipe and what not to ease the resource costs. At least this clan probably understands the junk we talk in the description.

Most clans we meet had 2,5+ star per base on us, so 2 wouldn't really cut it. We're against idiots now though, who barely have 1,5 star per base.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013

b0ng posted:

That's an awful lot of rage spells you are missing out on.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
3x lighting seems like a waste. You can funnel dragons towards the middle, then rage/heal them to the meat.

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003
3x lightning owns. If you are attacking th8s that dont have 3 L6 ADs its pretty much a guaranteed 3 star.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I just used level 1 dragons for the first time in war, all trained from a single barrack. Heh. 20 archers, 9 dragons, BK, and a CC full of 5* wizards with 2 rage and a heal. Got 3 stars on both my attacks against other TH7s. Feels good, man. Expensive, but a lot of fun watching them roll around the base.

In the previous war I had two 2* attacks with giants and archers (garch?)

Something odd happened on my second attack. He had a mini-butthole that was close to the CC so I dropped an archer in it to lure the troops. Some popped out, and I tried to draw them into a corner by dropping an archer next to a builder hut. They came, but the pull seemed light. I dropped a few more archers in CC range, but nothing came out. So I circled the pulled group with my remaining archers and dropped my CC and BK. Thats when the other half of the defender's CC spilled out, including wizards. I recovered by dropping a rage spell and my dragons. Luckily my BK tanked the brunt of their attack and my dragons burned them. Very strange though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

gromdul posted:

I just used level 1 dragons for the first time in war, all trained from a single barrack. Heh. 20 archers, 9 dragons, BK, and a CC full of 5* wizards with 2 rage and a heal. Got 3 stars on both my attacks against other TH7s. Feels good, man. Expensive, but a lot of fun watching them roll around the base.

In the previous war I had two 2* attacks with giants and archers (garch?)

Something odd happened on my second attack. He had a mini-butthole that was close to the CC so I dropped an archer in it to lure the troops. Some popped out, and I tried to draw them into a corner by dropping an archer next to a builder hut. They came, but the pull seemed light. I dropped a few more archers in CC range, but nothing came out. So I circled the pulled group with my remaining archers and dropped my CC and BK. Thats when the other half of the defender's CC spilled out, including wizards. I recovered by dropping a rage spell and my dragons. Luckily my BK tanked the brunt of their attack and my dragons burned them. Very strange though.

Yeah they made it harder to lure CC troops with the patch. You need something like 3 hogs to lure them out. You should just keep placing troops in the bhole until they are all out. A giant or dragon would do the trick too.