Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Obama Yo Mama posted:

it's okay to be wrong :yayclod:

Just like the people who think Jeff Rosenstock shits unicorns and jizzes rainbows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
please see previous post

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Jeff Rosenstock is loving untouchable.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I beg to differ.

http://i.imgur.com/q8WcGIs.png

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
hell yeah.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I gave Jeff a hug after I accidentally kicked him in the head the last time I saw them. That was such a great show.

edit It's been six months since BtMI broke up and it is insane how much I miss those guys already.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jul 29, 2014

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.
LTJ announced tour dates today, most of which with Big D. So in one weekend in October LTJ w/ Big D, and Streetlight Manifesto in Toronto. A good weekend!

D Lambent
Jul 28, 2014

CDX posted:

LTJ announced tour dates today, most of which with Big D. So in one weekend in October LTJ w/ Big D, and Streetlight Manifesto in Toronto. A good weekend!

Best show I have ever, ever been to in my life was LTJ, RBF, Streetlight, Whole Wheat Bread and MxPx in September of '06. That was the tour where LTJ was using a big wheel to decide what song they would play next on their set list. Unbelievable show.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
LTJ and Big D are hittin' my town, gonna make an effort to go see it.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
That is... a shockingly anemic list of tour dates.

Tennis Ball
Jan 29, 2009
Just got my Streetlight Manifesto surprise gift for letting them pocket my order money. Its a CD.

I don't know what it is because:

1 - It has no title
2 - It doesn't list a band
3 - The CD doesn't work

I'm guessing it is the Toh Kay version of the album based off the lyrics and the song list on the back, but I am not positive.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

hito posted:

Streetlight finally announced their mystery gift. And it's adorable:

quote:

Hello there.
It was just over a year ago that our record "The Hands That Thieve" came out, and it was quite the nightmare for us. We won't bore you all with the details of our battles against the record label we were unfortunately signed to, so here's some actual news that will affect everyone that placed a pre-order through our webstore. As you remember the label in question refused to send us our own cd's so that we could fulfill preorders and has since refused to pay any royalties from any of the money our music makes them. Members of the band have only seen the record at shows, when you guys bring them and ask us to sign them. But we'll get to that at a later date. Today we are announcing that we will immediately begin shipping the "mystery gift" we promised those of you that ordered the cd a year ago.

We were determined to make sure those of you that supported us when we were down and struggling would get something as good as or even better than the cd you'd hoped would end up making a home in your cd collection. This is what we will be sending you: It's a cardboard digipak cd case. Inside you will find a 24 page booklet, chock full of photographs and poems (10 poems, to be exact). Also in this cd case is a blank cd, with a lovely design printed on its front surface. You can use the blank cd to store your digital files, as a coaster, or even to burn your favorite songs. Any songs you want to put on it, you can put on it. You can put any amount of songs on it, as long as that amount will fit on a standard CD-R. You can burn 2 songs, 30 songs or even 10 songs, it's up to you. You can find music to burn onto the cd on the internet, or even ask fellow fans of bands you like to share their favorite songs so you can burn them, as long as you do so legally, or whatever. Then when you're done burning the cd (it takes a few minutes, but it's really quite simple to do), you can put the cd on your shelf, in your car, wherever. There are no words on the cd (besides the poems), no bar codes, no logos, no mean-hearted little dogs, nothing. It's just a blank cd that we're providing for you, along with a booklet of poetry and photography. That said, this will be a limited edition item, obviously. Once we're done sending them out to those of you that preordered the album and chose to wait to see what the mystery gift was, we will sell off however many we have left and that will be the end of that.

So! We're going to be very busy for the next few weeks while we wade through our seemingly never-ending list of addresses and package and send off a couple thousand of these little guys. Please bear with us while we ship these out (remember we are a tiny outfit). We know you've been patient for the last year and we cannot stress enough how much we appreciate it. If you have any questions, shoot us an email at store@riscmail.com or call us at (213) 278-0283.

For those of you that might feel that we've left you a little too much in the dark regarding all of this; we can only apologize (and we do, wholeheartedly) and offer you this explanation: We've had an extremely difficult year and a half dealing with an awful, awful record label and their lawyers. We plan on telling the entire story eventually but we simply cannot now, while it's still unfolding, for legal reasons.

Thanks again for your support and understanding. See you tomorrow, for more and potentially equally awesome news.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Tennis Ball posted:

Just got my Streetlight Manifesto surprise gift for letting them pocket my order money. Its a CD.

1 - It has no title
3 - The CD doesn't work

I'm guessing it is the Toh Kay version of the album based off the lyrics and the song list on the back, but I am not positive.

It's a blank CD to burn the album onto because they couldn't sell actual copies of the album, and they already leaked it a year ago. It is the funniest possible secret gift and I love it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Tennis Ball posted:

1 - It has no title
3 - The CD doesn't work

This is cute as hell.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

quote:

There are no words on the cd (besides the poems), no bar codes, no logos, no mean-hearted little dogs, nothing

This is the best part.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

D Lambent posted:

Best show I have ever, ever been to in my life was LTJ, RBF, Streetlight, Whole Wheat Bread and MxPx in September of '06. That was the tour where LTJ was using a big wheel to decide what song they would play next on their set list. Unbelievable show.

I remember that tour! I had tickets to the meet and greet beforehand and got my RBF Welcome to California shirt signed. They drew a little body on Arnold's big ol' face. I also won tickets to the next night's show from a local radio station and the wheel landed on the same album each time and everyone went nuts. :allears:

Tennis Ball
Jan 29, 2009

Skeezy posted:

This is cute as hell.

Makes sense. I wish they would have sent me a loving email or something. RISC has some terrible customer service.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

You missed the joke.

Tennis Ball
Jan 29, 2009

Grandmaster.flv posted:

You missed the joke.

No, I get it now. I think its pretty cool once I read the post quoting SLM. I didn't get an email about it from the RISC store or anything though. I just get a package with a digipak CD in it that doesn't work.

Now that I know it was intentionally blank I dig the concept.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I have to admit, I knew it was going to be a blank CD, and when I got mine I thought they'd screwed up and sent the actual album. It looks real, has a track listing and lyric sheet and everything.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I got mine

Woooooo :effort:

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Bosstones were on Kimmel last night so have some videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDrY2qWRT7k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1gmtgWd5Z8

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

the new rx bandits album is more awesome every time I listen to it, y'all a bunch of haters

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Obama Yo Mama posted:

the new rx bandits album is more awesome every time I listen to it, y'all a bunch of haters
i will give another go for you

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Anyone seeing Mad Caddies in Lake Worth next month?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

bowmore posted:

i will give another go for you

I know it's really popular around these parts to shun the direction they've gone in over the last decade, and admittedly, it's neither ska nor the most generally acceptable sound, but if you really don't think this is musically their best album you're probably in denial.

This is coming from a guy whose favorite RX songs are Hope is a Butterfly and You For Christmas, so take that for what you will.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Mandala was pretty clearly their best album so if this one followed that progression then I'm sure it's great. Haven't listened yet though.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Obama Yo Mama posted:

I know it's really popular around these parts to shun the direction they've gone in over the last decade, and admittedly, it's neither ska nor the most generally acceptable sound, but if you really don't think this is musically their best album you're probably in denial.

This is coming from a guy whose favorite RX songs are Hope is a Butterfly and You For Christmas, so take that for what you will.

It took me a few listens though, but now I can't get enough of it. I literally listened to Ruby Cumulus like 15 times on repeat yesterday.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Fire to the Ocean and Meow Meow Space Tiger are great, and I'm also into Future Buddy. Even the weird counting.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Well You Be Tomorrow and Space Tiger are so drat good. Them two I can loop forever.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

what up ska thread

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Obama Yo Mama posted:

what up ska thread
new Bruce Lee Band record coming out

https://soundcloud.com/asianmanrecords/bruce-lee-band-generations

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Ordered. I like that song.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Listened to that Rx Bandits album and it's bad so here's a good song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRPfUzDssos

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.

Obama Yo Mama posted:

what up ska thread

I'll miss you Jake avatar but this is good too.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Cover show should rule. Warning Shots are covering Dookie, no word on what Planet Smashers or Destroy Babylon are covering.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Oh my god those shows are going to be amazing

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

Fateo McMurray posted:

Cover show should rule. Warning Shots are covering Dookie, no word on what Planet Smashers or Destroy Babylon are covering.

I tweeted the Smashers just because I was curious, and they asked for suggestions.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Recommended them Let's Face It because all I do is talk about the Bosstones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
This ska revival is getting nuts. I'm down with it.