Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Haverchuck posted:

one day im going to visit a tim hortons in the northern lands.

It sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Stumptown coffee sucks.

9goats dead
Mar 25, 2010

BEAUTIFUL! GORGEOUS! EXCITING!
i work at the bux & hate our regular coffee too.

the verona blend & christmas blend are great though.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

9goats dead posted:

christmas blend

blaugh. bleaueuegghhh!

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
It is socially unacceptable to walk around gnawing on a giant piece of cake, therefore Starbucks exists.

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

newreply.php posted:

i too like the absolute certainty that wherever i go starbucks will taste like a hot ash/mud/piss mixture. makes me feel right at home (i live inside a piss volcano)

if you want a change the blond roast is a decent impression of dishwater

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
go to 7-11 buy large coffee cup fill with free expresso shots.

naem
May 29, 2011

dontcareaboutname posted:

go to 7-11 buy large coffee cup fill with free expresso shots.

How do you get free espresso shots???

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

naem posted:

How do you get free espresso shots???

they have little like creamer containers that contain a shot of expresso they are free.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

dontcareaboutname posted:

they have little like creamer containers that contain a shot of expresso they are free.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
i like vabnilla expresso cappacinos without foam yummo
Venti

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
Shamrock shake

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
in all honesty, you should just roast your own, it's pretty easy and relatively cheap and nothing you buy at a store will be as fresh

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Your Rain posted:

All coffee are the same anyone saying otherwise is just splitting hairs and trying to be a hipster

You mean you don't drink straight, unmodified Turkish sludge? Must be nice to have such ... accepting standards :monocle: :coffee:

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
once saw a guy sit in his car until 6 am when kroger opened so he could walk in and get a coffee and walk right back out. super gay

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

newreply.php posted:

starbucks has no choice but to have terrible ashy tasting coffee bc thats the only way to make their poo poo taste "like home" year-round, world-round: roasted to poo poo, erasing all differences between locations/growers/time of harvest

its not as if their customers care bc they add syrup and cream until theres only a suggestion of the taste of coffee left

that's bc all the dark roasts are like 50% from sumatra. ask for a pourover of an african coffee and it will be good.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
coffe exist to make you wake up and get mudbutt no hairsplitting now.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You're plebe level if you don't drink coffee ground from beans poo poo out by an endangered elephant.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I like Dutch Brothers. Great coffee. One of them got shut down since they were dealing meth out of it though.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Arian_Samurai posted:

I like Dutch Brothers. Great coffee. One of them got shut down since they were dealing meth out of it though.

haha no this poo poo is Starbucks tier

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

give me thread posted:

Also it's like twice as expensive as proper cafes. Dumb idiots go to Starbucks.
Why does everyone say this? Like on the rare occasions I get coffee I tend to either get drip black or a black americano, at starbucks this is cheap, at any local coffee shop it will probably be at least 50% more expensive, if not twice as much.

As far as quality I mean it's okay, black coffee is kinda just black coffee to me. I'll drink gas station pots and the taste never seems too bad. I guess more expensive places are a bit less bitter but I don't really mind the taste of bitter.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Dutch Bros claims to be anything it isn't. It's drive-thru coffee out of a windmill, and you can potentially order meth. If you can't enjoy that you have brain problems!

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

gently caress Charbucks and their thermonuclear roasting process. gently caress all of the hipsters with their MacBook Pros there. gently caress all the soccer moms who just got there after yoga/phoning it in at the gym and then ordering a triple quarenta half calf soy caramel frappiato with extra whip to offset whatever minimal amount of good they did at the gym/yoga studio. gently caress their poo poo coffee, gently caress the people who think it's, good and hail satan.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

MisterFister posted:

Mcdonalds coffee if you get it fresh is better than loving starbucks.

lets not go that far now that poo poo is awful

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
No self-respecting hipster goes to Starbucks.

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
berry hibiscus refresher for life

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ITT we come up with the most Starbucks drink.

Like a triple mocha with 2 shots of espresso.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

withak posted:

No self-respecting hipster goes to Starbucks.

It's mostly women in yoga pants and upwardly mobile young professionals

You know, people not on SA

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
/\ Unemployed people and goons who wanna be able to post without having to hear mom nagging in the background

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

cname posted:

I feel bad for the employees. Starbucks basically serves as public restrooms and homeless bathing stations.
As far as large chain corporations go starbucks actually treats it's employees decently.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

cname posted:

I feel bad for the employees. Starbucks basically serves as public restrooms and homeless bathing stations.

Dunks is way worse though. I've seriously never dealt with people who speak no language at all and manage to both get your order totally wrong on top of pouring the coffee around the outside of the cup.

My favorite thing about Dunks is when the staff is almost entirely ethnically homogenous. Like the Somali Dunks, the Lebanese Dunks, the Indian Dunks, the Korean dunks, etc. Anyone can own a Dunks.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

As far as large chain corporations go starbucks actually treats it's employees decently.

Ya I edited it out because of that, but whatever. Starbucks restrooms smell worse than underneath a bridge.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I remember when a bunch of internet vegans flipped their poo poo because there was no dairy-free version of the pumpkin spiced latte and they got over 10,000 signature on some lame petition to change it.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Here's the thing with Starbucks: I can't say poo poo about their regular coffee, honestly, but their fraps are pretty drat good... tasting anyway.

They are absolute poo poo for you.

I started drinking one every day for a few months just to grab a drink with co-workers and I must have gained like 15 pounds in like two months. Once I figured out the origin and cut back to like "once a month" it came right back off, surprisingly. In fact it was kind of creepy how it came right off without even adding any exercise or anything you'd usually need.

Anyway long story short.. read the loving calorie counts, I guess, and avoid things that have half as much as a deep fried onion loaf in your drink.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
I wish there was a Starbucks in every block here, like it's in NYC, so I could drink a Caramel Macchiato every single morning. I'd go blind and fat from diabetes, sure, but it'd be worth it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Fun fact: you can ask the Starbucks barista to make the coffee fresh and exactly how you want it and they have to do it. So it's actually not too bad if you're willing to wait a bit.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

old dog child posted:

Fun fact: you can ask the Starbucks barista to make the coffee fresh and exactly how you want it and they have to do it. So it's actually not too bad if you're willing to wait a bit.

Calling the people attending a Starbucks "baristas" is pretty much the same as calling a McDonalds burger flipper a "grill artisan".

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

old dog child posted:

How much better are we talking though? I'm not sure I've ever really been satisfied with Starbucks coffee, fresh or not.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

soda made coffee obsolete, loving nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

nobody goes to starbucks for the coffee taste they go because they are nostalgic and missing home, where things were simple and everyone misses you

• Locked thread