Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Maoist Pussy posted:

They're ok sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i'm the dude embarrassed to be there

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

naem posted:

It should though right? I mean the sin of "deciding when to have babies" would entirely be on those hot, horny young hobby sluts and not on a pure virginal business owner anymore

well obviously it should be up to the hot young sluts to decide

and tbh probably the dad too but that's pretty unfair to inflict on someone so until you can transplant a fetus from a womb to a tube to grow in i guess dudes are SOL

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
they want to make the language of state-required abortion literature more objective? this is their big troll? i fully support them in trying to make the literature as rational as possible.

i wish they'd cite some specific issues they had with the literature, though.

naem
May 29, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

well obviously it should be up to the hot young sluts to decide

No way it should be some old guy who owns a chain of craft stores imposing his beliefs on other people and infringing on their religious beliefs

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Kyrie eleison posted:

i wish they'd cite some specific issues they had with the literature, though.

how about it is christian propaganda, and many people would like to not be forced to read it

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

how about it is christian propaganda, and many people would like to not be forced to read it

no, that is not a specific example. please try again.

naem
May 29, 2011

If it were a Muslim forcing sharia law on employees in the deep south there would be a lynching

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

naem posted:

No way it should be some old guy who owns a chain of craft stores imposing his beliefs on other people and infringing on their religious beliefs

well clearly that's how it should be because that's the way it is and nobody is making any real effort to change it

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Kyrie eleison posted:

no, that is not a specific example. please try again.

Why do we need to give women literature in the first place? Women have the right to an abortion for any reason, even a bad or misinformed one, or for no reason at all.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Who What Now posted:

Why do we need to give women literature in the first place? Women have the right to an abortion for any reason, even a bad or misinformed one, or for no reason at all.

so your objection is to the idea that women should be informed before getting an abortion?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

I said sometimes.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Kyrie eleison posted:

so your objection is to the idea that women should be informed before getting an abortion?

My objection is that it's a requirement, yes.

naem
May 29, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

well clearly that's how it should be because that's the way it is and nobody is making any real effort to change it

Conservatism.txt

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

satanic splash-back posted:

this is not an rss feed go die

(╯>□<)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
My objection is to ideas about sex or medicine or literally anything else dreamed up by right-wing cult members

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Maoist Pussy posted:

My objection is to ideas about sex or medicine or literally anything else dreamed up by right-wing cult members

hahaha what are you going to do go protest?

ooh or maybe vote in a heavily gerrymandered district (hint: it's all of them)

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Who What Now posted:

My objection is that it's a requirement, yes.

that's very libertarian of you. i'm impressed. but the Satanists don't agree with you.

"We should only have to review medical or scientific information based solely on fact and not politicized," said Jex Blackmore, the head of the Detroit chapter of The Satanic Temple. "Some of that state-drafted information is medical in nature [but] it's just that it's written in a very biased format."

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Kyrie eleison posted:

A lot of the literature is an active guilt trip rather than anything informative. It discusses things like the sanctity of life. Some of the legislation forces you to get ultrasounds and look at pictures of your "baby" and some get even more guilt trippy than that.

The literature is not just:
Part 1: risks of procedure
Part 2: potential side effects after the procedure

Instead it also has a bunch of stuff that basically boils down to why babies are so adorable and really who wouldn't want one which a lot of women resent or consider it insulting to be forced to read.

naem
May 29, 2011

Maoist Pussy posted:

I think that left wing people are also useless a-holes mostly. It seems that a solution that respects every citizen's personal religious beliefs and healthcare decisions would be simple to achieve

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ArbitraryC posted:

A lot of the literature is an active guilt trip rather than anything informative. It discusses things like the sanctity of life. Some of the legislation forces you to get ultrasounds and look at pictures of your "baby" and some get even more guilt trippy than that.

Instead it also has a bunch of stuff that basically boils down to why babies are so adorable and really who wouldn't want one which a lot of women resent or consider it insulting to be forced to read.

to be fair it should be understood by the lady that she's about to get rid of something that would one day become a human and that there's alternatives like adoption if she feels able to put up with it for 9 months. guilt tripping people is dumb tho

unless it's a downsie in which case abortion is better etc

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Kyrie eleison posted:

that's very libertarian of you. i'm impressed. but the Satanists don't agree with you.

"We should only have to review medical or scientific information based solely on fact and not politicized," said Jex Blackmore, the head of the Detroit chapter of The Satanic Temple. "Some of that state-drafted information is medical in nature [but] it's just that it's written in a very biased format."

That'd be a very compelling argument if I was a satanist and you weren't a retard. But neither of those is true.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

Do they quiz you after ? Can't you just pretend to read it and instead think of how happy you'll be after the abortion is over ?

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

ArbitraryC posted:

i'm not saying nowhere does this sort of thing occur, but in the specific case we are facing there is no mention in the article of ultrasounds or "sanctity of life", so i'm not sure if that applies here and i like to stay on topic. i'm curious to see what the Satanists come up with to critique the literature.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Who What Now posted:

That'd be a very compelling argument if I was a satanist and you weren't a retard. But neither of those is true.

i'm not sure what you mean, i was just pointing out you don't agree with the Satanists in the thread topic. you are free to have your beliefs but i'm not going to debate you here, i'm more interested in them and their beliefs.

naem
May 29, 2011

What if an employer is a "satanic" church member and he decides his beliefs trump yours as a mere employee and he hand picks your health care options to force you to be more in line with SATAN is that ok?

gently caress your Christian beliefs, I'm old man Satan and what I say goes

Uniscott
Sep 19, 2013
sail hatin

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Kyrie eleison posted:

i'm not saying nowhere does this sort of thing occur, but in the specific case we are facing there is no mention in the article of ultrasounds or "sanctity of life", so i'm not sure if that applies here and i like to stay on topic. i'm curious to see what the Satanists come up with to critique the literature.
The article didn't really need to mention the specifics because this has been a hot button issue in the news for years. I can even name one of the states offhand that forces you to get an ultrasound: texas. If you paid attention to the news at all when this topic came up you'd have read your own examples of women being upset with these laws because they felt like it was trying to shame them into not getting an abortion. Just spend two seconds googling the topic rather than demanding everyone spoon feed you something that's been an ongoing debate for years.

In this particular case if you read the article (I can see that's not a strength of yours), the satanists haven't sued anyone yet. They're saying that they will help support women who feel slighted by these laws. No specific examples are written because they haven't brought any cases forth yet.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 31, 2014

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

naem posted:

What if an employer is a "satanic" church member and he decides his beliefs trump yours as a mere employee and he hand picks your health care options to force you to be more in line with SATAN is that ok?

gently caress your Christian beliefs, I'm old man Satan and what I say goes

if i joined an organization that declared itself satanic and provided especially luxurious health care coverage with regards to contraception and abortion then yes that would be acceptable in the free market system.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
so uhh since a corporation is a person and can express opinions and beliefs and force those beliefs on people can i maybe take a business out on a date? i was thinking dinner & a movie???

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

ArbitraryC posted:

The article didn't really need to mention the specifics because this has been a hot button issue in the news for years. I can even name one of the states offhand that forces you to get an ultrasound: texas. If you paid attention to the news at all when this topic came up you'd have read your own examples of women being upset with these laws because they felt like it was trying to shame them into not getting an abortion. Just spend two seconds googling the topic rather than demanding everyone spoon feed you something that's been an ongoing debate for years.

i'm well aware of the issue, thank you. but there has been no mention of ultrasounds in this specific case so i am curious what specifically the satanists are upset about in the literature.

naem
May 29, 2011

Kyrie eleison posted:

if i joined an organization that declared itself satanic and provided especially luxurious health care coverage with regards to contraception and abortion then yes that would be acceptable in the free market system.

Ok but, no podiatrist. Hurt your foot? gently caress you! Pay cash!

Foot doctors are against Satan's teaching and I'm a rich old guy so pay cash chump

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Kyrie eleison posted:

i'm well aware of the issue, thank you. but there has been no mention of ultrasounds in this specific case so i am curious what specifically the satanists are upset about in the literature.

ArbitraryC posted:

In this particular case if you read the article (I can see that's not a strength of yours), the satanists haven't sued anyone yet. They're saying that they will help support women who feel slighted by these laws. No specific examples are written because they haven't brought any cases forth yet.

Something like the ultrasound might come up, or they might focus on a state that has particularly biased and obviously religious text in the literature. It depends on who comes to them for help and how good of a case their lawyers think they will have.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Lucifer was right.

naem
May 29, 2011

As an old rich guy I lobby that when you visit a foot doctor it is mandatory to hand out satanic literature, also NO acetaminophen

RICH OLD GUY HAS SPOKEN

naem
May 29, 2011

Rich old guys rule hot young girls drool

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Relevant to thread:
http://www.theonion.com/video/new-law-requires-women-to-name-baby-paint-nursery,14393/

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

redshirt posted:

Lucifer was right.

It appears so.

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009

Robo Reagan posted:

to be fair it should be understood by the lady that she's about to get rid of something that would one day become a human and that there's alternatives like adoption if she feels able to put up with it for 9 months.

She already knows this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Refused
Sep 6, 2005

Kyrie eleison posted:

probably stuff like the first page of this: http://healthandwelfare.idaho.gov/Portals/0/Medical/MoreInformation/Abortion%20Procedures%2010_28_08.pdf

or the many pages of irrelevant full color fetus development pictures in this: http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/wrtk/pdf/booklet.pdf

both of which are completely unparalleled with any other medical procedure literature I've ever seen

oh, and hail satan.

• Locked thread