Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Courthouse posted:

Except, as I loving said in that part you just quoted, they are failing at both western ideals/samurai honour/whatever and tribal thunderdome warfare. Israel is neither gaining the moral high ground, nor wholesale removing the palestinians. Either they go full out reconciliation, or full on takeover and ouster. loving around in some imaginary middle ground where you kill enough palestinians to ensure they will all hate you and want to launch more rockets, but not enough that you actually stop them from firing said rockets, gets you loving nowhere but deeper into the quagmire.

They are doing it, and will do it, for as long as it takes Hamas to gently caress up and take out the wrong target. And by gently caress up I mean actually learn to aim. And by take out the wrong target I mean hit what they are actually aiming for. As soon as Hamas gives Israel something they can waive in front of the UN, then it will be full on burn it to the ground and salt the earth. Its politics.

And its actually pretty smart given the state of affairs. Lets face it, if MH-17 was an Israeli Airliner taken down by a Hamas rocket, Gaza would be a smoking crater. And the best you would get in the form of objection outside of Iran is a bunch of UN diplomats trying to look the other way as they shuffle their feet when asked about it. Cause a quagmire, draw out the extremists, and wait for them to screw the pooch.

Come on. Its not that god drat hard to understand. There is literally no other reason a country with the mentality and advantage of Israel to half rear end around like they are. The land of the Jews isn't full of pearl clutching fuckwits who yank around the leadership because of :qq: humanitarianism :qq:. As violent and ridged as the government views the Palestinians, they know its not near as malevolent as their citizens. The government actually gives a half a poo poo about international opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Israel is a country filled with jews. Literally jews. Run by jews, for jews.

I'd like to contribute more but that is all I know.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Helldump Immunity. posted:

I just want the whole world to burn :shobon:

gently caress that dark knight watch the world burn poo poo. I just want it to burn, me included.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
As long as videos of people getting brutalized keeps getting pumped out of that region of the world I think I'll be a happy camper. It's not at all about me giving a poo poo about removing ethnic people off of the face of the Earth and everything about sating my imbecilic bloodthirst.

Fucitol fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 31, 2014

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Genocide Tendency posted:

They are doing it, and will do it, for as long as it takes Hamas to gently caress up and take out the wrong target. And by gently caress up I mean actually learn to aim. And by take out the wrong target I mean hit what they are actually aiming for. As soon as Hamas gives Israel something they can waive in front of the UN, then it will be full on burn it to the ground and salt the earth. Its politics.

This isn't going to happen, especially not with the Iron Dome.

And lmao at Israel giving a poo poo about international opinion.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Remember the last time we let a nation go too far?

That's right, we got Bono and we'll never be rid of him.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Baloogan posted:

Israel is a country filled with jews. Literally jews. Run by jews, for jews.

I'd like to contribute more but that is all I know.

You may be onto something.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Put all the friendlies on boats and sail them out into the med. then glass the country. Then sink the boats.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
From a strategic point of view the IDF needs to start fighting the long war, and it looks like they've finally started to get their poo poo together.

You keep the power and water off in Gaza long enough, and you won't need to bomb the skittering little rocket loving shits, there just isn't enough of anything other than Takbirs and Allah Allah Oxenfree's to live on once you collapse the smuggling tunnels, turn off the lights, and kill the water supply.

And ya know what? gently caress 'em. We made it 40 years walking through what became the kingdom of Saud most likey, with even less than that. If this foray into the darker days of mans recent past is what finally brings the joke we all call Palestinians, and god willing Islam, to an end, then they weren't chosen for a loving reason and it all works out.

I mean seriously, it looks like the IDF is gonna go balls out on the Siege warfare here, and I love it. You and your people want to spend time in the shops lamenting how you want to send bubby and her frugal offspring into the sea? Well guess what, we've got you little primitive shits backed up to the water, with nowhere to go. And there's been enough protection money spread around the world that we can literally do whatever the gently caress we want with little to no repercussions to your joke of a people and culture.

The Israeli political base is more fired up than the reddest county in America post 9/11. And they've been that way for a long goddamn time, and it's only growing. We're going to live to see the Jews commit a holocaust, and irony will die it's final death with the last goddamn PLO members gasp of Zyklon B.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

http://www.hrw.org/news/2014/07/31/iraq-pro-government-militias-trail-death

Shiite militias are ethnically cleansing Sunnis from Baghdad, Hilla, et al. Figured you guys might appreciate this.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
On an actual Current Events note, did anyone see that most recent Frontline? The one titled "Losing Iraq" ?

I realized I had become an old man when just watching that was giving me urges to yell at the TV and explain to anyone who would listen how "they" are all a bunch of goddamn cowards, fools, and liars.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Goddamn kids. Get off my lawn sand! :bahgawd:

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/30/us-iraq-security-idUSKBN0FZ1VL20140730

People love it when you execute their neighbors and hang them from utility poles in the town square.

Don't you crazy kids get any ideas about supporting ISIS now.

I have a difficult time calling it IS, rather than ISIS. I mean, c'mon guys, take some territory outside Iraq and Syria then we'll talk about rebranding.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Sergg posted:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/30/us-iraq-security-idUSKBN0FZ1VL20140730

People love it when you execute their neighbors and hang them from utility poles in the town square.

Don't you crazy kids get any ideas about supporting ISIS now.

I have a difficult time calling it IS, rather than ISIS. I mean, c'mon guys, take some territory outside Iraq and Syria then we'll talk about rebranding.

I will never stop calling them ISIS. Having a real life Hydraesq supervillain organization is to precious a joy.

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

Sergg posted:

They really should have gone with just The Caliphate. Has a better ring to it that generic Islamic State.

Sergg posted:

I mean, c'mon guys, take some territory outside Iraq and Syria then we'll talk about rebranding.

Here's hoping they actually manage to bulldoze into Mecca and Cairo, unite the sunnis, and we get a final no-poo poo showdown over who gets to be top semite. I'd be ok with having to bike everywhere for a few years until haliburton robots get the irradiated refineries back up :allears:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Every time I see ISIS mentioned, I think of this:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Obama Africanus posted:

From a strategic point of view the IDF needs to start fighting the long war, and it looks like they've finally started to get their poo poo together.

You keep the power and water off in Gaza long enough, and you won't need to bomb the skittering little rocket loving shits, there just isn't enough of anything other than Takbirs and Allah Allah Oxenfree's to live on once you collapse the smuggling tunnels, turn off the lights, and kill the water supply.

And ya know what? gently caress 'em. We made it 40 years walking through what became the kingdom of Saud most likey, with even less than that. If this foray into the darker days of mans recent past is what finally brings the joke we all call Palestinians, and god willing Islam, to an end, then they weren't chosen for a loving reason and it all works out.

I mean seriously, it looks like the IDF is gonna go balls out on the Siege warfare here, and I love it. You and your people want to spend time in the shops lamenting how you want to send bubby and her frugal offspring into the sea? Well guess what, we've got you little primitive shits backed up to the water, with nowhere to go. And there's been enough protection money spread around the world that we can literally do whatever the gently caress we want with little to no repercussions to your joke of a people and culture.

The Israeli political base is more fired up than the reddest county in America post 9/11. And they've been that way for a long goddamn time, and it's only growing. We're going to live to see the Jews commit a holocaust, and irony will die it's final death with the last goddamn PLO members gasp of Zyklon B.

They said they'll consider stopping once the tunnels are gone so it's not the end game we've all been waiting for.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Sergg posted:

Mexicans don't seem to mind.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Obama Africanus posted:

You keep the power and water off in Gaza long enough, and you won't need Ito bomb the skittering little rocket loving shits, there just isn't enough of anything other than Takbirs and Allah Allah Oxenfree's to live on once you collapse the smuggling tunnels, turn off the lights, and kill the water supply.

Swear to god whip you'd better not probate this guy ever again

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I think I can speak for most of us when I say we want nuclear armageddon just so we don't have to go in to work tomorrow.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Blind Rasputin posted:

I think I can speak for most of us when I say we want nuclear armageddon just so we don't have to go in to work tomorrow.

Bad news, then; Israel and Hamas have agreed to a cease-fire for at least 72 hours, which goes into effect tomorrow at 8 o'clock local.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
If it starts at 8, I give it 'til 10.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Realtalk Israel would probably have an easier go in the long run by just buying Hamas out, co-opting them and turning them into its puppets like it did with the PLO. Grease the palms of the leaders with the gas money you lifted from their shores, let them cling to their annihilationist rhetoric, and then let them rule over Gaza with an iron fist while you cram the West Bank full of Hasidic toddler cannons. That's what we did in Iraq (sans the toddler cannons) and it got the Sunnis to play nice as long as the checks were rolling in. Course, once we handed it over to Maliki the checks stopped, and now look what we've got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Yeah I see the worlds only Jewish state signing onto a contract that pays the counter party cash in perpetuity.

Also up is black and north is rollerblades because we live I'm goddamn bizzaro world, please excuse me while I ejaculate from my tear ducts to show shame in the face of all 9 sun gods. Bzorbbbbzbbbzz.

• Locked thread