Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Swordsman online is a free to play, open pvp game from Perfect World Beijing. It is set in a fantastical chinese setting based on The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber wuxia setting. Some regard it as a polished, far more enjoyable version of the similar game Age of Wushu.

It launched yesterday.

Here are some samples of the gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2kXkygBztM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLQ22aF_SS4

How to play with goons

Download Arc here
http://games.arcgames.com/en/

Download the game via arc.

First you have to be on the server US East Claymore. You can not be on the other US east server or any other server.

You will need to be level 20 then you can apply to the guild “GoonTangClan”. You just open up the guild list, find us, and apply.

Since we don't know if you are a goon or not let us know your name in this thread. Otherwise you might be niggerstomper59 who just applied.

Game wiki
http://swordsman.gamepedia.com/Swordsman_Wiki

Features:

Intriguing class system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbzC99q-hFM

Sheep based PvP

Respectfully draws on the Deep well of Chinese culture and heritage for inspiration

Flying Mounts

Glorious Character creator

Deep and Rich Cash Shop

Graffiti system foe painting the town red (red colour not included)

Goon Testimonials:

"School costumes (Girls) :

Most sensible - Splendor
Most sexy - S&M
Most knickers showing - Zephyr
Best hats - 5Venoms"
- Aleksander noted upskirt expert

"The grind is more heinous than I thought, and after the event last night and seeing how gems are blowing up on Lash, I can see the p2w at the end of the tunnel. I find the arenas very fun, and like the idea of being in a tournament, but that can only carry things so far, Add to that my fiance bitching me out last night about gaming too much."
- Haroshia Goon Tang Clan head diplomat

New Goons:

You must reach lvl 20 before applying to the guild, also it is best to stay online and pm a goon to accept you, after posting your in game name in this thread. The quickest way to level is to quest until lvl 15 then solo the first dungeon after turning on your double xp buff (top of screen beige EXP button next to LV number).

You should also enter a tutor number. Hit escape key, and choose tutor button far left, and paste a code into the box for tutor. This gives you a box of goodies every 10 levels.

Tutor codes
HyC's: 23070000000131088460
whoopy: 23070000000212000844

At level 50 players can pick up students and provide them with daily experience and a 15% experience buff for 30 minutes. The buff can be applied by the master all day long, and if the master is not doing it the student can ask for it a limited number of times. So when you join the guild ask for mentors and start using that bonus xp.

Diplomacy:

"In 2 days Zhou will discuss getting us into their alliance. Hopefully that stops people from being tards." - Haroshia Goontang CLan diplomat.

http://crawl.s-z.org/#lobby

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Saving second post for useful stuff.

thehacker0 on archage posted:

Exactly

Some random ideas for focused groups: Navy, Economic warfare, Bureau of land Management (or something like that), farmers/crafters/builders, Siege warfare.

Some are more specialized than others obviously. Given the different types of PvP, we could consider having groups (really just a subforum and maybe an IRC/mumble channel) for guys who want to do lots of naval pirating, siege lots of keeps, roam around ganking, or whatever.

These 'groups' really help break down a large guild and make it easier to hang out on mumble and make friends when you don't have 300 people in a mumble channel.

Leadership for the core areas of the game is also important. Eve online goons have a 'sky marshal' (aka a field commander as you mentioned) who coordinates operations, guys in charge of recon, logistics, industry/markets, a spymaster, etc etc. The benefit being that guys develop specific skills/experience and get really really good at what they do.

thehacker0 from archage posted:

I'd like to present a few things I've learned from playing another sandbox mmo with goons - eve online. I'm sure I'm not the only guy who has played that game, and I will try not to go on about it, however I feel that the lessons could be valuable to us.

1. Goons together are vastly more powerful than when fragmented. In the first few years of Eve Online, there were many goon corps (guilds) and there was no one place to call home. All of these guilds eventually failed, some due to pubbie influence, drama, and elitism and other things. Eventually, one guild was founded that was open to all goons. Since then, it has prospered and has been the most powerful in the game.

2. Special interest groups can be extremely helpful to the guild as a whole. Someone above mentioned commerce goons - that could potentially be extended to a commerce 'group,' perhaps with a mumble channel and subforum. Any goons who are interested in commerce and join those channels and benefit from and contribute to the body of knowledge. This can be applied to housing, crafting, naval combat and other interests.

3. jabber/irc or other out of game channels of real time communication can be great for coordination, community and fun.

I'm new to archeage, but just thought these ideas might be helpful to think about as release approaches. See you all in beta

Make sure you sign up for our off site forums stolen from the archeage thread

https://www.okcupid.com/

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jul 31, 2014

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
The best China game with the best OP.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Hey did you guys see the new game play thing when the sheep run out on server cross things. Apparently you can buy an animal to take back for the quest.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Moo moo pony? Is that.. a calf? What the gently caress, chinagame?

小牛. Little cow. Calf. Not that difficult!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Please the follow the moo moo pony to the guestroom.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Chinagame has the best localization team. It isn't like the dialogue is stilted or anything if you can't understand Mandarin.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
So, are you starting a new character or just new to the game? Do you want to level quickly and effortlessly? Then read on.

Firstly, to do this properly, you will need endurance pills. You get 10 from one of the free packs (tutor or newbie) and whether that lasts you 10, 5 or 3 days is up to you. They cost 10 sycee (10 cents) or about 24 silver; A guild bonus quest takes a couple minutes at most and gives 12 silver, if you'd rather not spend any money.

[1-25] Quest up to level 25. This should take under half an hour.
    [25-34] Solo Attack By Night. The instance runs itself, and with double XP you will get to 34 in under 40 minutes.
    [34+] Start running events (bamboo, guild events) and guild activities (kidnaps, hijacks) daily.
    [35+] Bot. Preferably in the "Party Up" areas, which are 1.5x as efficient per world energy spent compared to normal mobs. Depending on your school and gear, this may be too slow, and you don't want to waste endurance pills at this point, so feel free to switch to normal mobs.
    [40-50] You can now do the first open PvP dungeon, but you can only reasonably solo (and especially bot) through it as a few schools. I botted from 48 to 50 in it as a Shaolin, but otherwise the "Party Up" areas were a better use of my Drive. Not to mention it's a small dungeon and the odds of being killed are high. Dungeons are about three times as efficient per world energy spent as regular mobs.
    [50-52] Use this time to upgrade your current gear, whatever it may be. You want everything to be at least +4. You may want to eat an endurance pill or two here.
    [52-60] Bot your entire world energy through the level 50 dungeon, in Mount Majesty. Once your energy is out, feel free to use any extra endurance pills to upgrade your gear.

Doing this, I've managed 3-5 levels a day from 40 to 50 and 1.5-2 levels a day from 50 to 60. That's 7-10 days to hit level 60, and most of it is botting.

Sadly, botting in dungeons without good gear is not an option for all schools. Schools with good self healing, heavy AoE damage or CC and good defensive stat scaling tend to have a much easier time. Fortunately most of them fit into at least one of these categories.

After level 60, you continue doing the same thing, switching to the next dungeon (in Twilight Ridge) and upgrading your gear when your world energy is out. But this is pretty much where you stop caring, as levels continually become less important and gear more important.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jul 31, 2014

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

This new thread is peak not giving a gently caress.

We need more goons.:getin:

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Can someone explain to me why emei is edward 40 hands.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Make sure you sign up for our off site forums stolen from the archeage thread

https://www.okcupid.com/

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

The Quake posted:

Can someone explain to me why emei is edward 40 hands.

Look one post up from yours, and all will be revealed.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Unhappy Meal posted:

Look one post up from yours, and all will be revealed.

DON'T RUIN IT

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Drinkfist posted:

This new thread is peak not giving a gently caress.

We need more goons.:getin:

The bot griefing in this game is legendary, worst parts of EQ training, with kung phooy game AI/leashing

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Op is wrong imma be a smartass

It is based on the smiling proud wanderer / swordman (duh)

Heavenly sword and dragon saber is a diffrent story entirely

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Fun thing to do.

Mercenary companies, which are player run, have a built in quest option to transport a resource cart across several maps. This means you can slow down or stop completely their progress by attacking them.

What does it get you?

Nothing but infamy and the chat logs of very angry and insecure players. They project that we're mad when they get killed by us. They drop clever humdinger Internet lines such as "u mad" and "noob"

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Also if you fight with goons in arena and figure out how your class works, you have become better than 90 percent of the player base in this game. Watch in delight as someone dumps their entire googled combo on you and you stand and block the entire thing.

angellinck
Jul 9, 2014
True Story!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I think I would like to try this game and be terrible in it.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez
I was on the fence, but Moo Moo Pony totally just solidified downloading this piece of garbage.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

My ISP is being super cordial today at ~1.9MB/s so I'll be looking forward to playing this in a little while!

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Unguided posted:

Please the follow the moo moo pony to the guestroom.

I laughed entirely too long and hard at this :q:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

blueberrysmith posted:

I was on the fence, but Moo Moo Pony totally just solidified downloading this piece of garbage.

My sides.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 31, 2014

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Also if you join up make sure you ask for tutor stuff ASAP. This is a dump increase of Xp for twenty or so minutes from your tutor. You can initiate it five times per level. Your tutor can do it unlimited times. This will cut bullshit down by a staggering amount. Also if you poop sock the events to get to your tutors level or close you can get bonus Xp and karma (to buy infamy reduction pills)

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

New Update coming out

The Sky Ladder tournament will be a monthly tournament where participants will be matched with opponents of equal power across all servers. Each competitor will receive 10,000 Sky Ladder points to begin with. Matches will be 1 vs. 1, best of 3 rounds. Each participant will be placed into one of 6 groups based on Sky Ladder points. Competition begins daily at 12:00 PM through 11:30 PM, and each season will reset on a monthly basis. This is the time to settle once and for all the top champion in all of...

To assist all adventurers new, returning or veterans alike, we will be giving out FREE Warrior’s Ascension Gift Packs to every participant. Each gift pack contains items with a total value of 40 gold. Here is a peek at what is inside!

● Order of the Hero *15
● Jade Fragment *5
● Gold Ingot Pill *2
● Headmaster Order *1
● Treasure Chest of Demon Slaying Items *1
● Gold Thread Powder *1
● Jade Rabbit Gift Pack *1
● Chance for Black Jade Powder

I am so excited.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

blueberrysmith posted:

The dog pet is way over powered.....please nerf.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

So I just translated some new patch notes from the chinese version, apparently were getting...a new race.

We’re excited to announce the newest playable race in Swordsman, the Dragonborn! Unleash the power of the Dragonborn and become a Legend in Swordsman with the Dragonborn Legend Pack. In celebration of this announcement, the Dragonborn Legend Pack will be on sale at 25% off from now until the launch of Module 4: Tyranny of Dragons. Prepare to battle Dragons with a new race, new artifacts, enchants and other unique items specifically crafted for Dragon Slaying!

Dragonborn Legend Pack Sale Start: Thursday July 24, 2014 at 10 AM PDT

Dragonborn Legend Pack Sale End: Thursday August 14, 2014 at 7 AM PDT

The Dragonborn Legend Pack contains exclusive access to the Dragonborn race and many items to aid you on your adventures through Module 4: Tyranny of Dragons. Here’s what’s included in the pack.

Dragonborn Race

For the first time in Swordsman, play as a Dragonborn! Children of Io, the great dragon-god, the Dragonborn are a steadfast and honorable people who have thrown off the shackles of their former dragon masters. Once unlocked on your account you can make any number of Dragonborn characters.

Dragonborn Race in Swordsman

Dragonborn Warrior Fashion - For more dangerous situations, this tough outfit is perfect for a Dragonborn preparing for combat. The Dragonborn Warrior Fashion set also comes with an armor transmute item.

Dragonborn Warrior Headband

Dragonborn Warrior Harness

Dragonborn Warrior Leggins

Great Weapon Fighter Warrior Fashion

Heart of the Red Dragon - Harness the power of the dragons with this exclusive artifact. Used by the human servitors of the ancient Dragon Empire to enforce the Emperor’s will, the Heart of the Red Dragon allows you to breathe flame! Dragonborn characters can take advantage of their affinity to get even greater effects from this artifact. Each character on your account can acquire a Heart of the Red Dragon from the Dragonborn Legend Pack.

Other great items included in the Dragonborn Legend Pack:

Click on the Logo to Purchase the Pack

Ring of the Dragon Slayer Draconic Enchantment
Gemfinder Enchantment Race Change Token
Dragon Glyphs Extra Character Slot
Dragonborn Ceremonial Fashion 30 Slot Bag
Bahamut Regalia

Whether you’re new to Swordsman or an experienced adventurer, you won’t want miss out on all the exclusive items in the Dragonborn Legend Pack. Head here to purchase the Dragonborn Legend Pack on ArcGames.com and get 25% off!

Click here to register for Swordsman, the Martial Arts action MMORPG. The best part about Swordsman: it's free to play! Get a head start in-game by purchasing Swordsman item packs which include unique companions, mounts, boosts, and exclusive benefits!

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
loving finally

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Of course I have gone with the "gently caress Yourself" option for my first character Rawdog.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Good choice, not many gently caress Yourself disciples around.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

yeah Dragon Born. gently caress off.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Early on in the main story there's a quest where you get drunk and think you're fighting Sun Wukong before going to flirt with a statue of some dude.

AmiEsiM
Dec 6, 2013

Always be yourself, unless you can be Batman.
http://www.atarikasedi.net/beta-key-2/swordsman-online-drunken-master-pack/#keys

If its free, take 3

Edit: Dont be a retard like me and send it to the wrong character, its bound

AmiEsiM fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Aug 1, 2014

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

AmiEsiM posted:

http://www.atarikasedi.net/beta-key-2/swordsman-online-drunken-master-pack/#keys

If its free, take 3

If you can't get it to translate use the register buttons at the top of the page to get access then reload the page.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Slap comes in out of nowhere and gets us Drunken Master

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

I'm joining the clan as Yarara, of the Great Hat Cult! Let's poison everybody!

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Nice find slap. Got two codes for adonde and the alt.

The squirrel is badass

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

AmiEsiM posted:

If its free, take 3

Ha, nice find! I'm going to need more pokemon slots at this rate though.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I'm curious how many other Russian or whatever sites have unlocks and codes we could use. I know that most of the North American sites get dog piled so it's had for everyone to grab something from the site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

FEI BIN NOOOOO Y U STAB ANNOYING GIRL :suspense:

• Locked thread