Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Monkeytime posted:

He's absolutely not sober, he's continuing to rip unsuspecting people off with bullshit sales and "pre-orders" of nonexistent LPs and shirts, and the reason that he's not touring is that he'd get his head caved in if he dared show his face in most major US cities. The guy is an unrepentant thief and a duplicitous sack of poo poo.

From my talks with Blake, he has his fiancee handling the pre-orders for TWWLB because he knows nobody trusts him anymore. I'm not sure if that is a good sign or not, but there are plenty of pictures of the LP+shirt packages and as Baron Von Ghoulosh said, TWWLB has leaked and does actually exist so... I'm not sure I follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

You left out talented too. I just listened to a leak of TWWLB this morning and it's easily the best thing Nachtmystium has done to date and certainly in the running for BM AotY for me.

Oh, I don't dispute this. I haven't heard anything from the new one but Addicts and Silencing Machine were among my favorite albums from those years.

COOL CORN posted:

From my talks with Blake, he has his fiancee handling the pre-orders for TWWLB because he knows nobody trusts him anymore. I'm not sure if that is a good sign or not, but there are plenty of pictures of the LP+shirt packages and as Baron Von Ghoulosh said, TWWLB has leaked and does actually exist so... I'm not sure I follow.

Except he's still selling the pre-orders on his personal facebook page? He's also been selling stuff from "recently discovered big caches of Battle Kommand items" and then blocking people who ask where their stuff is. Of course the new album exists, I just don't think anyone ordering from him rather than CM should be holding their breath. But hey, I'd love to be wrong and I guess we'll find out in the next week or two.

Monkeytime fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Aug 1, 2014

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

COOL CORN posted:

From my talks with Blake, he has his fiancee handling the pre-orders for TWWLB because he knows nobody trusts him anymore.

I can confirm this too. I had several communications with Ashely a few months ago and she seems to handle all of the Nachtmystium orders for him now. Pre-order and otherwise. I believe she painted the new album cover as well. She seems really nice. Besides, even metal dudes are only as strong as the woman taken their pre-orders. I'm glad to hear he has a Sharon Osbourne or Gloria Cavalera in his life. Right?

Baron Von Ghoulosh fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 1, 2014

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

I can confirm this too. I've had several communications with Ashely a few months ago and she seems handles all the Nachtmystium orders for him now. Pre-order and otherwise. I believe she painted the album cover as well. She seems really nice. Besides, even metal dudes are only as strong as the woman taken their pre-orders. I'm glad to hear he has a Sharon Osbourne or Gloria Cavalera in his life. Right?

Yep that's what I'm thinking. I want to have faith in him this time, I've seen his progress from being arrested to going to rehab to getting a fiancee and making efforts to make his life right. Granted, I'll be THAT much quicker in saying "gently caress him forever" if my TWWLB pre-order doesn't actually come in, but... I have hope.

hellocruelworld
Feb 28, 2003

Dude, I See God!

COOL CORN posted:

Yep that's what I'm thinking. I want to have faith in him this time, I've seen his progress from being arrested to going to rehab to getting a fiancee and making efforts to make his life right. Granted, I'll be THAT much quicker in saying "gently caress him forever" if my TWWLB pre-order doesn't actually come in, but... I have hope.

I wouldn't trust anything remotely related to him. One thing that's important to healing from addiction is taking responsibility for his actions, he has not come anywhere close to doing that and he is still ripping people off. Ordering anything from Blake is a foolish move. The only reason you MAY get your pre-order is that TWWLB actually exists. I'm sure there will be plenty of people that won't receive anything however.

Latest rumors are that Blake is living in a motel in Chicago that's infamous for being used almost exclusively by addicts. Blake is a mess and basically any money you give him is going to go towards drugs.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Monkeytime posted:

Except he's still selling the pre-orders on his personal facebook page? He's also been selling stuff from "recently discovered big caches of Battle Kommand items" and then blocking people who ask where their stuff is. Of course the new album exists, I just don't think anyone ordering from him rather than CM should be holding their breath. But hey, I'd love to be wrong and I guess we'll find out in the next week or two.

He's been ripping people off with this same poo poo for years. Do not trust him or any "associated" ever, period.

Perhaps the most detailed log of his ripoffs is here: http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36038

Listen to Shitfucker instead, if you like basement black/speed/thrash metal. I once heard them described as "the Maximum Oversatan of the midwest." If you don't, well, gently caress yourself. http://shitfucker.bandcamp.com/album/suck-cocks-in-hell

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

All political/lyrical themes aside and approaching from a musical standpoint, I was listening to this song by Satanic Warmaster and really dug it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJtqgzlDVMU. I just thought it had this really cool eerie vibe, work great as an intro or outro to an album. Does anyone have recommendations for more stuff like this?

kirkjames
Jul 23, 2005

Zodijackylite posted:

He's been ripping people off with this same poo poo for years. Do not trust him or any "associated" ever, period.

Perhaps the most detailed log of his ripoffs is here: http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36038

Listen to Shitfucker instead, if you like basement black/speed/thrash metal. I once heard them described as "the Maximum Oversatan of the midwest." If you don't, well, gently caress yourself. http://shitfucker.bandcamp.com/album/suck-cocks-in-hell

shitfucker is the best. if you can't party to "suck cocks in hell" you are lame and boring. Rock N' Roll Freaky Dude is a modern classic.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power
Have yall checked out the new Krieg track or any of the splits that came out in the last few months?

http://www.decibelmagazine.com/featured/streaming-krieg-order-of-the-solitary-road/

Oliver Reed
Mar 18, 2014

Has anyone heard Dark Fury - Synningthwait? How is it?

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

I hate doing this, but I've somehow managed to completely lose/forget the details of an album I'd been meaning to give another listen through. All I can remember is that I heard about it in this subforum in the context of atmospheric, possibly space-y BM, and the intro was an eerie set of bell tones.

Searching the forum + combing over what I'd marked in Spotify isn't helping so far, i'm drawing a complete blank. :ohdear:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

the yeti posted:

I hate doing this, but I've somehow managed to completely lose/forget the details of an album I'd been meaning to give another listen through. All I can remember is that I heard about it in this subforum in the context of atmospheric, possibly space-y BM, and the intro was an eerie set of bell tones.

Searching the forum + combing over what I'd marked in Spotify isn't helping so far, i'm drawing a complete blank. :ohdear:

Wolves in the Throne Room - Celestial Lineage?

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

edit: nah

EvilMoJoJoJo
Dec 9, 2004

ask me about leaving the cult of black metal and bringing jesus into your life

Job 19:17

Kvlt! posted:

Has anyone seen Shining live? How were they?

Sometimes Kvarforth is dead drunk and the show is awful, with sloppy playing and no energy. Sometimes he's only quite drunk and angry as hell and they are amazing. It's always a bit of a crapshoot. The new members they have are very talented live, though, which helps.

When they're good, they're very very good; when they're bad they're awful.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

the yeti posted:

Bells chat was on p 238 of the general metal thread, if that's where it initially came from.

Yes there was bells chat. Briefly.

edit: the examples of songs with bells I posted were Neurosis and Secrets of the Moon, neither of which I'm guessing is what you're trying to recall.

Von Sloneker fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 6, 2014

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Von Sloneker posted:

Bells chat was on p 238 of the general metal thread, if that's where it initially came from.

Yes there was bells chat. Briefly.

edit: the examples of songs with bells I posted were Neurosis and Secrets of the Moon, neither of which I'm guessing is what you're trying to recall.

To be a little more pedanticdetailed it was more like orchestral bells rather than bongy bells. (Secrets of the Moon I have to investigate, though, thanks!)

I had it marked on spotify at some point, and I assume they lost rights to the album and it disappeared.

bing bing bing bingbing bing :suicide:

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

EvilMoJoJoJo posted:

Sometimes Kvarforth is dead drunk and the show is awful, with sloppy playing and no energy. Sometimes he's only quite drunk and angry as hell and they are amazing. It's always a bit of a crapshoot. The new members they have are very talented live, though, which helps.

When they're good, they're very very good; when they're bad they're awful.

That's kinda what I've taken from the videos. When Kvarforth is into it enough and sober he puts on one loving hell of a performance, but half the time he just seems too wasted. It's a shame because Shining is one of my favorite bands.

I would also probably pay decent money to see him go batshit crazy in a bathtub live.

What do you guys think of Vanehlga?

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Any thoughts on the new Abigor, Leytmotif Luzifer? I'm liking it a lot as I listen but it feels pretty forgettable besides the last track, but drat is it a good one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMBroW-_rJs

Zsa Zsa Gabor
Feb 22, 2006

I don't do drugs, if I want a rush I just get out of the chair when I'm not expecting it

Killsion posted:

Any thoughts on the new Abigor, Leytmotif Luzifer? I'm liking it a lot as I listen but it feels pretty forgettable besides the last track, but drat is it a good one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMBroW-_rJs

I really like the vocals in this one, but I agree with you about it not being really memorable. I'll give it a couple more spins to see if it grows, but at this point I don't see myself listening to it as much as I would most of their past releases.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ahahaha read the latest post on the Nachtmystium Facebook page. If you order direct from this band you're a loving moron.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Anyone have some good Norse Pagan themed Black Metal? Looking for something along the lines of Enslaved

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Kvlt! posted:

Anyone have some good Norse Pagan themed Black Metal? Looking for something along the lines of Enslaved

I haven't listened to much Enslaved to know if they're musically similar, but Kampfar put out an awesome album this year and are Norse Pagan themed Black Metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eGKCN4-_1o

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Ahahaha read the latest post on the Nachtmystium Facebook page. If you order direct from this band you're a loving moron.

Pitchfork not lovin' the new album. http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/19677-nachtmystium-the-world-we-left-behind/

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
How does pitchfork decide which metal albums they review?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

apophenium posted:

I haven't listened to much Enslaved to know if they're musically similar, but Kampfar put out an awesome album this year and are Norse Pagan themed Black Metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eGKCN4-_1o

This is excellent stuff. Thanks!

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Kampfar's new stuff is pretty good but Fra Underverdenen is their best album imo.

Enslaved has changed a lot over their career, so if you specify what album(s) you like you'll probably get some more suggestions.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Gaggins posted:

Kampfar's new stuff is pretty good but Fra Underverdenen is their best album imo.

Enslaved has changed a lot over their career, so if you specify what album(s) you like you'll probably get some more suggestions.

Enslaved are my favorite BM band right now and I enjoy their entire discography but I was looking for stuff more along the lines of RIITIIR

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

nerve posted:

Pretty sure it's just whatever Grayson Currin/Kim Kelly feel like writing about.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

nerve posted:

Only the hip stuff yo. Just kidding it is pretty random though. One local band from around here got the pitchfork treatment. http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/18975-argentinum-astrum-malleus-maleficarum/

They're pretty good if you like doomy slow Black Metal. They're on a tour of the east coast right now too so if they're in your area check them out. They're pretty crushing live and were amazing as the local openers for Lord Mantis and Hell Militia

https://www.facebook.com/events/734205856645301/?ref=22

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

ShutteredIn posted:

Pretty sure it's just whatever Grayson Currin/Kim Kelly feel like writing about.

SPeaking of Kim Kelly, here's some juicy drama. She conducted this interview where she's acting super upset and SWJy about Dragonforce members' non-PC past because racism and misogyny are super hosed up, but handling PR for Anal oval office and owning a swastika shirt is actually somehow much better.

When someone previously called her out on her bullshit she doxxed them and called them fat. Cool person.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
She's also wearing a Demonic Christ shirt in her Twitter picture and Demonic Christ said this: http://www.mourningtheancient.com/demonic.htm

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Thank you so much for this info I loving love when people get called out on shirt like this. How is she trying to justify/handwave it away?

EvilMoJoJoJo
Dec 9, 2004

ask me about leaving the cult of black metal and bringing jesus into your life

Job 19:17

deadking posted:

She's also wearing a Demonic Christ shirt in her Twitter picture and Demonic Christ said this: http://www.mourningtheancient.com/demonic.htm

Was reading that and band drama … ok … being a woman in the metal scene … uh huh … then BAM racism like woah. What a deeply unpleasant person.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

nerve posted:

when people get called out on shirt like this

Probably a typo, but totally fits anyway :)

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Also god drat it. Whatever, you guys will be lookin' sooo dumb when I get my Doomsday Derelicts CD I ordered a couple years ago! I'm sure the band just hasn't gotten THEIR copies in yet.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

nerve posted:

Thank you so much for this info I loving love when people get called out on shirt like this. How is she trying to justify/handwave it away?

She says she regrets doing PR for Anal oval office and "takes accountability" for it. She's still wearin' that Demonic Christ shirt though.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Vanhelga has a new video up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnZuLG9JBSc

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
I like how she was desperate to tell the Dragonforce guys the lyrics from their gently caress-about band no one heard of are A BIG DEAL. He just wouldn't really take the bait.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
New Darkspace out on the 6th September!

https://www.facebook.com/133001527259/photos/a.501003037259.278671.133001527259/10152164605907260/?type=1

Fermented Piss
May 17, 2012

m-o-o-n posted:

SPeaking of Kim Kelly, here's some juicy drama. She conducted this interview where she's acting super upset and SWJy about Dragonforce members' non-PC past because racism and misogyny are super hosed up, but handling PR for Anal oval office and owning a swastika shirt is actually somehow much better.

When someone previously called her out on her bullshit she doxxed them and called them fat. Cool person.

I mean Anal oval office were clearly being satirical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
Who were they satirizing?