Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Admiral Bosch posted:

Just for everyone's information, Terminator 5 is in development

arnold is confirmed to be the terminator

khaleesi from Game of Thrones is sarah connor

They just need to scrap the entire franchise and reboot. It's been allowed to get so convoluted and terrible that there's no redeeming it.

Wikipedia posted:

On March 13, 2014, it was reported that J.K. Simmons was in talks for a role as a weary and alcoholic detective who has followed a bizarre case involving Sarah Connor and robots for more than three decades. On March 25, 2014, Schwarzenegger revealed that he is indeed playing a Terminator character, in which human tissue has aged.

Oh holy gently caress is this going to be bad. Nothing says terrifying killer like Old Terminator.

Wild T fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Aug 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
have you seen this boy?

have you seen this boy?

have you seen this boy? i have robot alzheimers

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Wild T posted:

They just need to scrap the entire franchise and reboot. It's been allowed to get so convoluted and terrible that there's no redeeming it.

Oh holy gently caress is this going to be bad. Nothing says terrifying killer like Old Terminator.

Now will this be an intentional design to make an old-looking terminator, or because the terminator got sent back to 1950 or something and has been waiting for a very long time?

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Shadeoses posted:

Now will this be an intentional design to make an old-looking terminator, or because the terminator got sent back to 1950 or something and has been waiting for a very long time?

or a terminator like the one from T1 whose flesh can actually decay

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax
Is she still blonde?

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

syscall girl posted:

I liked that he stole the money so he could go play Missile Command. Not a hugely popular game at the time, iirc.

i think he was playing afterburner, which would have definitely been worth stealing money for. the whole cockpit freakin rotated man.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I dunno, old terminator could work

They're supposed to be infiltrators anyway, and it's not like they need to look youthful and strong or whatever. (theyre robots man)

I don't think they should bring back Sarah Connor though, unless they also bring back Linda Hamilton as some sort of old badass heroine as well. I mean, she's still acting...

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Another loving Terminator movie? This series has become the Jaws of our generation.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Zzulu posted:

I dunno, old terminator could work

They're supposed to be infiltrators anyway, and it's not like they need to look youthful and strong or whatever. (theyre robots man)

They should have a fat goony Terminator. Noone would expect a 300 pound guy with a neckbeard and an anime shirt to be a killer robot. Plus you could pack all kinds of weaponry into, say, an aatrek-sized frame.

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax
You cant base a movie around a terminator trying to gently caress a ten yr old John Connor.

"Ill be coming on your back"

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

Uncle Bob no

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Wild T posted:

It's pretty much a reboot, they're remaking the first one. It'll be hilariously bad, maybe even so bad to make the first one suck by proxy somehow. (at least it's what I heard)

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax

Police Automaton posted:

It's pretty much a reboot, they're remaking the first one. It'll be hilariously bad, maybe even so bad to make the first one suck by proxy somehow. (at least it's what I heard)

I don't understand why they keep remaking movies like this.. it's ALWAYS an abysmal failure. Surely someone in Hollywood must understand the idea of "a product of it's time". Imagine if Arnolds career started today, Commando would be so badly panned it would kill any future he had and probably bankrupt the company that made it.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I think one of the main reasons I liked DREDD so much is because it feels like an awesome 80's era action flick. So uh, there's still hope for movies that are fun I guess.

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax
Yeah Dredd was great, didn't have terrible acting, bad fight scenes and more plot holes than plot though. Even if Dredd had been released in the 80's and failed it would not have been torn to shreds by critics.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i still want to just point out i hate HD in lots of modern movies, it raises cost a whole lot and makes lots of props and costumes look far cheaper than if the film quality was lowered just a bit.

naem
May 29, 2011

HD makes everything look like a soap opera

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Chupe Raho Aurat posted:

I don't understand why they keep remaking movies like this.. it's ALWAYS an abysmal failure. Surely someone in Hollywood must understand the idea of "a product of it's time". Imagine if Arnolds career started today, Commando would be so badly panned it would kill any future he had and probably bankrupt the company that made it.

because we used up all the IPs sometime in 2007 and studios are flailing around in a panic trying to cope with this horrid new post-originality world

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax

dontcareaboutname posted:

i still want to just point out i hate HD in lots of modern movies, it raises cost a whole lot and makes lots of props and costumes look far cheaper than if the film quality was lowered just a bit.

Word! In T2 HD "puts back" the wires used in the big jump on the motorcycle. Looks terrible.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
uhhh gently caress uhhh Fast Times at Ridgemont High! yeah that was a good one! throw it in the cart lets reboot this bitch. uh okay what else uhhhhhhhh Wayne's World! Party on, goth! haha yeah kids love that poo poo! oh my god we need a hit ive got child support to pay

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

paranoid randroid posted:

because we used up all the IPs sometime in 2007 and studios are flailing around in a panic trying to cope with this horrid new post-originality world

My biggest complaint is, that they have toned down the violence and sex down so much in movies now, i feel like i'm watching TV. Also a lack of practical effects, I mean why can't they just go back to using blank guns and squibs? they should also be required to make all films have max nudity and violence allowed by there rating. Nothing like seeing a movie rated r and realize its like a hard 80's PG.

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax

My biggest complaint is, that they have toned down the violence and sex down so much in movies now, i feel like i'm watching TV. Also a lack of practical effects, I mean why can't they just go back to using blank guns and squibs? they should also be required to make all films have max nudity and violence allowed by there rating. Nothing like seeing a movie rated r and realize its like a hard 80's PG.

That's because us old people barely go to the movies anymore, the audiences are getting younger.. so they simply cant get an adult rating or they are cutting their own throat.

(Somehow the 6 people that make up the ratings board have failed to pick up on the fact the "kids" will see the adult movies anyway, using that new fangled internet thing)

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Chupe Raho Aurat posted:

That's because us old people barely go to the movies anymore, the audiences are getting younger.. so they simply cant get an adult rating or they are cutting their own throat.

(Somehow the 6 people that make up the ratings board have failed to pick up on the fact the "kids" will see the adult movies anyway, using that new fangled internet thing)

we don't go to the movies because they don't give us what we want to watch. I wish i still had a movie theatre in my town, when i was a kid had a run down AMC near my house that would play 2 new movies and alot of old movies for like a 3 dollar ticket.

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax
Yeah that's true, its expensive and the audience is mainly kids. So loud and full of distractions.

But the nature of movies has changed and its not going back, baring some huge game changing new tech that cant be matched in short order by home theatre system.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Chupe Raho Aurat posted:

Yeah that's true, its expensive and the audience is mainly kids. So loud and full of distractions.

But the nature of movies has changed and its not going back, baring some huge game changing new tech that cant be matched in short order by home theatre system.

Sometimes on opening day of a big movie it's fun to watch with a crowd. But mostly it's annoying. Watching a movie isn't exactly a social activity, especially in a theater.

And why buy two tickets to a theater when you get a blueray or digital HD copy for way less? You can watch those as much as you want in the comfort of your home on your HD TV.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

the new robocop fell short of the original in a lot of ways, but that was the maybe the biggest

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

LifeSizePotato posted:

the new robocop fell short of the original in a lot of ways, but that was the maybe the biggest

Mother of god, they remade robocop?

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

are you confusing HD with 48 fps? because that does look like poo poo. HD is actually less high in definition than pellicule so im guessing you are railing against either HDR, 48 fps, or the ridiculous color proofing thats done in popular films nowadays.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im gonna start a studio based around doing retrograde remakes of things, like an 80s action flick style Pacific Rim.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"mako! don't chase the rabbit!"

cut to the exterior of gipsy danger, played by a guy in a robot suit, with sparklers shooting off from its joints and a fog machine going

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

newreply.php posted:

are you confusing HD with 48 fps? because that does look like poo poo. HD is actually less high in definition than pellicule so im guessing you are railing against either HDR, 48 fps, or the ridiculous color proofing thats done in popular films nowadays.

maybe the issue is more so high quality digital, the issue is the overall cleaness of the picture in super high pixels. without any picture degration every little thing just looks a bit off, you can easily tell when something is prop instead of a real product/object, same with any cheap mass produce costumes for a movie. I Also can't see 3d because my eyes don't work good, but as far as i can tell 3d is also one of the worst things that was a fad, since they added in lots of scenes to just go 3d 3d 3d you see 3d, and is just dead air when watched 2d.

also yes color filters drive me nuts.

i grew up poorer so i'm used to the film quality of mid 70's-80's movies whatever was on basic cable.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

maybe the issue is more so high quality digital, the issue is the overall cleaness of the picture in super high pixels. without any picture degration every little thing just looks a bit off, you can easily tell when something is prop instead of a real product/object, same with any cheap mass produce costumes for a movie. I Also can't see 3d because my eyes don't work good, but as far as i can tell 3d is also one of the worst things that was a fad, since they added in lots of scenes to just go 3d 3d 3d you see 3d, and is just dead air when watched 2d.

also yes color filters drive me nuts.

i grew up poorer so i'm used to the film quality of mid 70's-80's movies whatever was on basic cable.

oh word 3d sucks balls. i went to watch the hobbit with a cameraman/editor friend and he could not stand it because of how horrible it looked. if its shot with stereoscopic cameras its fine though, like gravity. avatar was also done that way but that one sucked because its a poo poo film

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

newreply.php posted:

oh word 3d sucks balls. i went to watch the hobbit with a cameraman/editor friend and he could not stand it because of how horrible it looked. if its shot with stereoscopic cameras its fine though, like gravity. avatar was also done that way but that one sucked because its a poo poo film

i haven't seen either been to the movies in probably 10 years, i'd rather spend my money on food or gas. I also hate most of the actors i see in new movies, feels off. Also weird never really seeing people that look old, i mean they got extras that look like they may keel over from being old/infirm but they just don't have lots of nobodies that look like they are in the 60's. too many actors that are 50 and look like they are in their late 20's and actors in thier 20's that look like children. Just looks inhuman.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Wild T posted:

Not only that, but the husky security guard at the mental hospital who orders a cup of coffee and instead gets a piping hot cup of needle-through-the-eyeball? Also had a twin brother who got to kill him in that scene.

I love the mad mix of crazy, innovative special effects genius and dirt-cheap, simple tricks like 'gently caress it, find me actors that have twins.'

I've got a full house!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Synonamess Botch posted:

i think he was playing afterburner, which would have definitely been worth stealing money for. the whole cockpit freakin rotated man.

It was both. He loses a game of Missile Command right as his friend is heading off to get more quarters. Then it cuts to the terminators moving through the mall and then back to him in the Afterburner cab when his friend warns him about Robert Cop.

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax

syscall girl posted:

It was both. He loses a game of Missile Command right as his friend is heading off to get more quarters. Then it cuts to the terminators moving through the mall and then back to him in the Afterburner cab when his friend warns him about Robert Cop.

This post is awesome on so many levels.

"And why buy two tickets to a theater when you get a blueray or digital HD copy for way less? You can watch those as much as you want in the comfort of your home on your HD TV."

Absolutely.. I'm at the point now where I buy disks of movies so much more than see movies that instead of "That movie was great I'm gonna buy the DVD!!" I'm saying "That movie was great, I wish I had seen it on the big screen!!" (On a weekday at 9:00am, with no one else around)

and god help the weekly budget if I take my family to the movies.. almost had to sell a kidney to see How to train your dragon 2 with the kids.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

im the cop holding the shotgun to his buddies neck with his finger on the trigger.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

i haven't seen either been to the movies in probably 10 years, i'd rather spend my money on food or gas. I also hate most of the actors i see in new movies, feels off. Also weird never really seeing people that look old, i mean they got extras that look like they may keel over from being old/infirm but they just don't have lots of nobodies that look like they are in the 60's. too many actors that are 50 and look like they are in their late 20's and actors in thier 20's that look like children. Just looks inhuman.

surely your grandkids ask you to take them to the movies sometimes

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Breetai posted:

On the flipside, it was going to be an adaptation of an anime.

a terminator anime would own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

LifeSizePotato posted:

surely your grandkids ask you to take them to the movies sometimes

i had to help raise my 20+ cousins, i never want kids. but i'm guessing me not having sex is the joke here. Most of my family is into accounting so everyone is jew cheap, if the kids want to watch something they can watch netflix on my 37 inch lcd.

• Locked thread