Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Rolled a few stones last night, got a couple of persephone dupes, plus a marine rider, was sad. Read about people getting green zhuge, came into work and coworker got green zhuge, decided to roll 3 more rolls. Got green Zhuge. Am happy.

Anyone have some Green Zhuge team suggestions? I have a ton of stuff, including an ult athena and now marine rider. I basically need like a billion tamas, I guess it is time to farm Wed/Fri dungeon a bunch more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
"Put something in otherwise you get stupid newbie"

Ytlaya posted:

Is Minerva useful for anything? Her and a fourth green Odin (lol) are the only worthwhile things I got this godfest.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No, unless they change her drastically with an ultimate.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
From what I've read the ideal subs are Sasuke/Athena/Marine Rider /Tenshinhan if we get deebz. AA Mike also works.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Can anyone remind me really quick of the initial attack for Zeus teams on twinlits? For reference I'm running

L Zeus/GD Ceres/RR Echidna/LL Meta/DD Lilith/LL Zeus

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
"Put something in otherwise you get stupid newbie"

Kingnothing posted:

Can anyone remind me really quick of the initial attack for Zeus teams on twinlits? For reference I'm running

Single 3 orb light match, 5 orb Red, Dark, or Green, with a mythlit targeted (preferrably one on a 1 turn timer, and not ideally not the first in line). If you cascade into lots of extra combos (or, god forbid, a second light match), retarget to a topalit before it goes off and cross your fingers.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Tsurupettan posted:

Well, sort of... I'm still a lazy poo poo and I haven't moved AA Luci down or filled in Sun Quan/Cao Cao, or rewritten sections. But yeah it's accurate.

SOD Luci is why I keep winning at the game way too early for my own good :colbert:

I need to get back to horus.... Luci is so drat slow.

All of my Luci buds are unusable at the moment, would anyone mind sharing for a second Two Heroes attempt (SOD or Rebel)?

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 1, 2014

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Thanks.

And on that note, help! I need an LL Zeus

IntelligibleChoir
Mar 3, 2009
Okay, what about bearded guan yu? Reroll or not? He's not on the list but 3.5 atk and 1.5 rcv seems strong.

Or is it too situational?

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Rolled twice, even though I knew better.

Phoenix Knight
Dark Golem

Didn't even get the skill up.

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Kingnothing posted:

Thanks.

And on that note, help! I need an LL Zeus

Invite sent your way. I generally try to keep LL Zeus up all day for event Fridays.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

IntelligibleChoir posted:

Okay, what about bearded guan yu? Reroll or not? He's not on the list but 3.5 atk and 1.5 rcv seems strong.

He lacks good subs to make the team go. You would be stuck with a team 0 RCV ogres. Once you took enough damage to have his leader skill turned off, you might as well quit out of the dungeon. His leader skill is conditional on HP and the whole 1.5 RCV when you don't need it is dumb. Maybe one day he will be better. For a starter he would make your life suck. Also, a 5M exp curve to level him up is a crappy thing to inflict on a new player. He would truly suck to level up. He also doesn't have any top end teams that want him right now. You'd be better off with the starter dragon.

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

Schrodingers cat posted:

SOD Luci is why I keep winning at the game way too early for my own good :colbert:

I need to get back to horus....

Use Horus for everything, get good at using Horus. Lava Tubes? Horus. Super Dragons? Horus. Thursday Dungeon? Horus. No Stamina? Endless Corridors, Horus. For bonus points, use Horus but pretend you're using L/D Ra instead. Horus.

The paucity of Wood Physical monsters and a Leader Skill that can be turned off makes him pretty awkward to use. Sometimes I imagine pairing him up with King Mastering for a conditional 2.5/7/1.5 team, but that means not making the most of his active skill or awakenings. You just can't put together anything that's wholly coherent with him leading, yet. As a starter, he'd work, but again you have the awkwardness of poor subs. Ogres lack the utility of Goblins, and with 0 RCV, you aren't even making use of GGY's leader skill. I'd plow through the first five dungeons, roll again (on the BatREM), then backup the file and reroll if you don't hit the jackpot.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

GGY is cool for physical Kirin, that's really about it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

two_step posted:

Rolled a few stones last night, got a couple of persephone dupes, plus a marine rider, was sad. Read about people getting green zhuge, came into work and coworker got green zhuge, decided to roll 3 more rolls. Got green Zhuge. Am happy.

Anyone have some Green Zhuge team suggestions? I have a ton of stuff, including an ult athena and now marine rider. I basically need like a billion tamas, I guess it is time to farm Wed/Fri dungeon a bunch more.

Gaia, ult Michael, ult Astaroth, Athena, Sasuke, Liu Bei, Mari.

Or standard Wood orb changers.

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

He'll also replace Cu Chulainn in most teams (Beside GL Genbu that has trouble finding good Green/Dark subs and monotype Balanced teams of course) once we can skill him up. Hopefully soon!

In godfest news, I pursued Apollo for DQXQ and ended up with Minerva, four slightly less lovely 3 and 4 star eggs, a dupe Light Meta, Ares and Light Zhuge Liang. These last two are good consolation prizes at least.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

opaopa13 posted:

Use Horus for everything, get good at using Horus. Lava Tubes? Horus. Super Dragons? Horus. Thursday Dungeon? Horus. No Stamina? Endless Corridors, Horus. For bonus points, use Horus but pretend you're using L/D Ra instead. Horus.

With Highlander acquired and Hera tomorrow, I`ll actually focus on Horus more, though I`ll still use Ame for chain runs of lava tube when I can`t focus 100% on the game for Horus`s passive.

I`m able to get Ra`s passive from time to time but I`m not there yet, can`t even get Horus over 75% of the time.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 1, 2014

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

loving twinlits.

3 unbound monsters, all different colors, and the two twinlits both hit two turns in a row, killing me. It's loving bullshit. I hate this drat dungeon.

I have all the pieces to the lmeta team, minus levels and busty lmeta. I can't wait till that's set up.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Ytlaya posted:

Is Minerva useful for anything? Her and a fourth green Odin (lol) are the only worthwhile things I got this godfest.

Balanced Alarune / UVO Grodin / UVO Grodin / UVO Grodin / UVO Grodin / Balanced Alarune

Comedy Option for 4X attack, 80k HP and 8k auto-heal.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

Kingnothing posted:

loving twinlits.

3 unbound monsters, all different colors, and the two twinlits both hit two turns in a row, killing me. It's loving bullshit. I hate this drat dungeon.

I have all the pieces to the lmeta team, minus levels and busty lmeta. I can't wait till that's set up.

AA Meta doesn't have to be busty for it to work. The extra skill boost can be helpful if you need an emergency heal or bind clear on the first floor but other than that, you don't have to do more than 1 damage at a time until after you get healed to full by the angelit. I guess it all depends on how far off you are on levels to clear the preemptive 12k.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
^^ It's actually 10K Autoheal, the Alraunes have 2 autoheals each.

Yeah i've been trying all day but I still can't find anything that's better than the d/d batman i had.

Take one of Chiko's accounts. Seriously. Here's a link to the album. There's Leilan and Karin for slightly difficult but respectably powerful mons, there's a Kirin account with literally everything a Kirin team could ever need, there's a Batman account with an entire team already in it. Any of these will carry you through a ton of the game if you get good/ask for goon friends to add you.

Tsurupettan posted:

Well, sort of... I'm still a lazy poo poo and I haven't moved AA Luci down or filled in Sun Quan/Cao Cao, or rewritten sections. But yeah it's accurate.

You also haven't put Green Zhuge at the top of top tier at the very least, and put light Zhuge at least on the same level as Lmeta.

Also, is Zhang Fei, like, a descend boss that hasn't premiered yet or an REM monster or what, because neither of the english wikis have any information on how he's obtained.

Jolyne Cujoh fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 1, 2014

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

Also, is Zhang Fei, like, a descend boss that hasn't premiered yet or an REM monster or what, because neither of the english wikis have any information on how he's obtained.

I thought I read somewhere that he was a descended boss, but I can't remember where.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

Zhang Fei is a Descended Boss; here's his dungeon info. The dungeon has a special restriction - you can only use monsters whose main type is Physical or Attacker.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Kingnothing posted:

I sub Valk in for Ceres, but that slot really doesn't matter too much. It's mostly a stat-stick spot, and Valk's active is nice for getting a touch more burst in on the 'lits by eating hearts. The keys are: having Zeus, Echidna, and Lilith; having a bind-immune sub to let you ping down a second mythlit that survives the first turn and to help ping down dub mythlits on the third floor once the Tamadra starts binding you; having Lilith for the second floor; having Echidna for the third floor. It's nice to have bind clearance on an active (Metatron, Ceres), and nicer still if that bind clearance/immunity is on a color that's not elsewhere in your team (L/D Metatron, Ceres) so that you can trick the mythlits into ineffective full-team binds on the first floor.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Kingnothing posted:

loving twinlits.

The standard LMeta team (Meta, Valk, Echidna, Lilith, Shynee) can't hit the pre-emptive HP requirement without a ludicrous number of + HP eggs, I think. I found it far easier to get a Zeus and run the Zeus team with Metatron in there as the bind clearance than to try and ghetto together a workable Light Metatron team. (I tried using a Top Droid to hit the HP requirements, running Heras, all sorts of crazy poo poo)

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Four max awakened busty Grodins on a team... :stonklol:

korora
Sep 3, 2011

Arcturas posted:

The standard LMeta team (Meta, Valk, Echidna, Lilith, Shynee) can't hit the pre-emptive HP requirement without a ludicrous number of + HP eggs, I think. I found it far easier to get a Zeus and run the Zeus team with Metatron in there as the bind clearance than to try and ghetto together a workable Light Metatron team. (I tried using a Top Droid to hit the HP requirements, running Heras, all sorts of crazy poo poo)

I do it with this Valk/Valk team thanks to DD Lilith's excellent HP (and Healer Ceres helps too!). I do rely on +297 friends though.

4/5 success today. 4/4 Devilits. I only need Angelits.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Andromeda question:

How viable is an Andro team without a maxed Hatsume? My lineup is: Andro, Hatsume, Blodin, I&I, Sieg. Blodin is already awoken, however Andro, Hatsume and I&I are not. I don't want to dump 11 Tamas and recruit new friends for a team that won't function.

I could replace Hatsume with another Blodin or even Gabriel, but having two fast orb changers seems important. I don't have a team to harvest Hatsume skill ups from the descends they appear in, either...

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Yudo posted:

Andromeda question:

How viable is an Andro team without a maxed Hatsume? My lineup is: Andro, Hatsume, Blodin, I&I, Sieg. Blodin is already awoken, however Andro, Hatsume and I&I are not. I don't want to dump 11 Tamas and recruit new friends for a team that won't function.

I could replace Hatsume with another Blodin or even Gabriel, but having two fast orb changers seems important. I don't have a team to harvest Hatsume skill ups from the descends they appear in, either...

Not enough orb change. Hero teams only work with heavy, low cool down orb change.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008

Kingnothing posted:

Not enough orb change. Hero teams only work with heavy, low cool down orb change.

I can definitely vouch for this - the difference between trying to use my Pandora team with and without a (for example) max skill Hanzo is ridiculous.

Now if they'd only hurry up with the survey dungeon for Pandora's skill ups, I didn't get jack from the flower dragon.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Deathwing posted:

I can definitely vouch for this - the difference between trying to use my Pandora team with and without a (for example) max skill Hanzo is ridiculous.

Now if they'd only hurry up with the survey dungeon for Pandora's skill ups, I didn't get jack from the flower dragon.

Yeah me either I was loving angry.

I don't have a hanzo but I do have a max skilled hahamie :getin:

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

Zhang Fei is a Descended Boss; here's his dungeon info. The dungeon has a special restriction - you can only use monsters whose main type is Physical or Attacker.

This makes me mad. They made the new 3 Kingdoms Attackers who buff Attackers but Attacker isn't their main type. What the hell?

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

opaopa13 posted:

Wow, I actually ran out of gold. Too many skill-up dungeons and super dragons, I guess. Missing Super Golds didn't help, either. I should really invest some exp in Catwoman sometime!

Haha, me too. I also missed the golds. I'd forgotten about Catwoman. Skill her up a bit and do some weekend coin whoring maybe.

-fakedit- I'm not calling Catwoman a whore btw

Oh if anyone has recently gone bilingual game addiction, then this might help...
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=14304

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Kingnothing posted:

Deathwing posted:

Well poo poo. I'll hold onto my Tamas for now then. Hopefully the War Dragons come back some day as they seem to drop lots of Nenekos are are not as bullshit as Tengu, Wadatsumi and Xuanzang. I could dual Luic Wadatsumi, but grinding for an hour for the chance at a drop is not my idea of fun.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

korora posted:

I do it with this Valk/Valk team thanks to DD Lilith's excellent HP (and Healer Ceres helps too!). I do rely on +297 friends though.

4/5 success today. 4/4 Devilits. I only need Angelits.

Huh. That's a really interesting team, especially since you don't use a mass attack on the first floor and you're pretty resilient against extra combos from the sky. I could do something similar if I ran Bastet instead of Ceres. I should go D/D on my Lilith as well, to give me a bit more breathing room on friend + HP eggs. It'd have more problems with being bound, but meh, that's part of twinlits.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

You also haven't put Green Zhuge at the top of top tier at the very least, and put light Zhuge at least on the same level as Lmeta.

Green Zhuge looks like he has a place.

Light Zhuge, the thought of playing him as a new player makes me want to rip my hair out.

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

Yudo posted:

Well poo poo. I'll hold onto my Tamas for now then. Hopefully the War Dragons come back some day as they seem to drop lots of Nenekos are are not as bullshit as Tengu, Wadatsumi and Xuanzang. I could dual Luic Wadatsumi, but grinding for an hour for the chance at a drop is not my idea of fun.

Also, if you want to clear Mythical Descends with a Hero team, it really helps to have some really big burst on the boss floor, and for Andromeda that means either Blonia, Andro + Hermes or Seiryuu + Hatsume. Andro + Siegfried + Hatsume would work, but having three of your four orb-changers up on the last floor seems really dicey.

That said, I don't have any experience with running Rodin or Blodin on a Hero team. It's possible they add enough damage on their own to make full board orb-change unnecessary.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Zierham posted:

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No, unless they change her drastically with an ultimate.

A max skilled Minerva can be used with that one lead that has a big multiplier any turn you use an active skill.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Arcturas posted:

Question: is the spike damage enough with sandalphon? Because he has a lot more HP than shynee.

sedaps
Jan 29, 2004
Couldn't resist and rolled until not gold

Grape Dragon (oka, maybe another try)
Dragonette (change of plans, roll until gold)
Ares (3rd dupe, roll until not gold)
Venus
Red Guan Yu
Mandrake

Worth it? Never....

So what can I do with Venus or Red Guan Yu? I currently have Kirin/Isis/Horus/DQXQ, does Venus work on any of those teams? Is Red Guan Yu any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumen
Oct 12, 2009

KnifeWrench posted:

Question: is the spike damage enough with sandalphon? Because he has a lot more HP than shynee.

I've been successful with Busty LMeta/Lilith/Echidna/Sandalphon/Valk with a friend leader Valk. The extra heartbreak combined with Sandalphon's two turn multiplier is pretty helpful for when I come up just a little bit short on the boss stage.

• Locked thread