Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

http://www.apple.com/welcome-beats/

quote:

Today we are excited to officially welcome Beats Music and Beats Electronics to the Apple family. Music has always held a special place in our hearts, and we’re thrilled to join forces with a group of people who love it as much as we do. Beats cofounders Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre have created beautiful products that have helped millions of people deepen their connection to music. We’re delighted to be working with the team to elevate that experience even further.
And we can’t wait to hear what’s next.

lol except for beatz hr accounting and r&d, lol!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it's pronounced "gordon"

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

beautifully, unapologetically plastic

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
coutoure plastic for generation iTurds. lol

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

graph posted:

http://www.apple.com/welcome-beats/

lol except for beatz hr accounting and r&d, lol!

is beatz r&d not just research into marketing how best to convince people to buy expensive, garish plastic headphones?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lol

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

loooooooooooooool

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
also this lovely company couldn't have been bought by a better company (because they already knew beatz were terrible)

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

timb drop the beats plz

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
lol the chum of mine who got in on this deal posted this morning 'tell me your thoughts on modular synthesizing' hahahahahhah

man it was only a couple years ago we were havin a beer and he was sketching his poo poo out on a napkin

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

at first i was going to say you're overdoing it, but lol

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
everybody is on board with the fact that the beats acquisition is a sign of apple's decline, right?

just wanted to be sure nobody was unironically enthusiastic about this

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
has cremnob taken a stand on this acquisition?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

lmao

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Stymie posted:

everybody is on board with the fact that the beats acquisition is a sign of apple's decline, right?

its bad and hurts their brand image

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

in before someone says "oh yeah their brand image of computers for white people" or whatever

no, their brand image of being innovative. there is nothing innovative about beats beyond them being peddled by dr. dre

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Beeftweeter posted:

in before someone says "oh yeah their brand image of computers for white people" or whatever

no, their brand image of being innovative. there is nothing innovative about beats beyond them being peddled by dr. dre

uh the creator made hundreds of millions of dollars by patenting an EQ curve. that sounds pretty loving innovative to me.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

uh the creator made hundreds of millions of dollars by patenting an EQ curve. that sounds pretty loving innovative to me.

yeah i guess having a patent that should be invalidated fits in with apple pretty well actually. gg jimmy bovine

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah i guess having a patent that should be invalidated fits in with apple pretty well actually. gg jimmy bovine

why should that patent be invalidated? Psychoacoustic poo poo has always been patentable look at mp3

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

the mp3 patent should be invalidated because everyone knows you should more heavily compress the things humans can't hear well

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

why should that patent be invalidated? Psychoacoustic poo poo has always been patentable look at mp3

a fairly easy to do manipulation of an audio signal? if i use the right settings on my EQ i'm guilty of patent infringement

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just honestly can't get over them being called beautiful products

words mean nothing to apple at all. they'll say anything at all

deepen their connection to music? shoulda given everyone some mushrooms to actually achieve that

mushrooms > beats

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

please no racism is yospos

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Stymie posted:

kill the headphones and shove beats music into itunes immediately, imo

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

graph posted:

release the headphones in apple-style as well as keeping the other models as-is, riding it out until it's not the popular thing any more, then kill the headphones except for what was cannibalized into iphone/ipod's bundled earbuds.. also shove beats music into itunes immediately, imo

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

graph posted:

lol that would own to just buy them and shut them down p much totally

i need to be CEO of apple

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

is there an all-white model of the beats headphones

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol if you wouldnt just turn being apple CEO into a glorious rock-star lifestyle whereby you just enact all your petty tastes as multi billion dollar acquistions

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

echinopsis posted:

lol if you wouldnt just turn being apple CEO into a glorious rock-star lifestyle whereby you just enact all your petty tastes as multi billion dollar acquistions

yeah this

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

z0rlandi viSSer posted:

lol that would own

yep

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
reminder that this deal was about killing spotify and pandora with streaming rights

not about plasticky bad headphones

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

echinopsis posted:

apple buys dominos pizza ap reports

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
bapple

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

lmao

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i guess they need to scrub all references to HP and HTC off the beats website

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

graph posted:

yep

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

holy poo poo i just realized i quoted stymie

gently caress

Adbot