Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the headphones make a whole lot of money and are popular with trendy teens that hate everything that isn't a social network, what kind of idiot would kill that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i can't wait until apple goes the hp route and starts printing WITH BEATS BY DR DRE!! on all their poo poo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Management posted:

the headphones make a whole lot of money and are popular with trendy teens that hate everything that isn't a social network, what kind of idiot would kill that?

we live in a post-logic world

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

pretty much the opposite of apple's usual tradition of making products that are objectively good and don't need to be wrapped in coloured plastic and pitched by wacky movie starspopular recording artists in order to sell

not that macbooks don't look nice but i wouldn't be any more likely to buy an eminemac

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
cue U2

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

start me up

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

flakeloaf posted:

pretty much the opposite of apple's usual tradition of making products that are objectively good and don't need to be wrapped in coloured plastic and pitched by wacky movie starspopular recording artists in order to sell

not that macbooks don't look nice but i wouldn't be any more likely to buy an eminemac

apple should definitely only keep targeting the customers they're already reaching and forget about the rest of the people

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:

flakeloaf posted:

is beatz r&d not just research into marketing how best to convince people to buy expensive, garish plastic headphones?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

erminemac

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

echinopsis posted:

lol if you wouldnt just turn being apple CEO into a glorious rock-star lifestyle whereby you just enact all your petty tastes as multi billion dollar acquistions

you're calling him Larry page

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

ill wait to see what they come out with post-acquisition before making any judgements

its still totally possible that apple will turn beats into an actually good headphone brand

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PleasureKevin posted:

you're calling him Larry page

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

ill wait to see what they come out with post-acquisition before making any judgements

its still totally possible that apple will turn beats into an actually good headphone brand

you're missing the whole point. there's plenty of companies that make actually good headphones. those companies aren't worth jack poo poo because that's not what people buy. apple could have picked up one of those for much less than they bought beats.

beats is a lifestyle company. they sell trendy products for people that want to feel trendy. trendy people doing trendy things lead other people to do the same things, which is how beats makes so much money. audiophiles aren't going to buy their products even if they make great headphones but who cares because they're greasy nerds and nobody gives a poo poo what they buy.

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

graph posted:

reminder that this deal was about killing spotify and pandora with streaming rights
what now?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

graph posted:

kill the headphones and shove beats music into itunes immediately, imo

this

also kill iTunes, it will never not be garbage

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
or don't kill the headphones, just keep making money hand over fist on those and make beats music part of iTunes Match or something

$25/yr unlimited music streaming for iOS/android?? rip spotify

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

uncurable mlady posted:

also kill iTunes, it will never not be garbage

ever tried kies ?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

uncurable mlady posted:

and make beats music part of iTunes Match or something

$25/yr unlimited music streaming for iOS/android?? rip spotify

you're starting to 'get it'

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i dont know poo poo. why was beats streaming so good

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

it exists & apple streaming doesnt exist

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
isnt apple music match virtually the same thing

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

not rly because that matches ur :filez: music and lets u stream with a better copy

this will let u stream anything like spotify with no ads

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
why couldnt apple have just done that. i mean sure licensing but technology wise?

or r they just buying licensces

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

its the license stuff alone

the music industry is afraid of apple like the tv ppl

u can bet steve would sign right now for subscription video itunes but they wont agree yet

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
fuckin sneaky then isn't it.

"hmm they wont sign with me, because deep down in they hearts they know i will gently caress them over majorly... perhaps I can just buy a massive company that already does it"

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

its what they deserve tbh & they seem to have sold beats transferrable rights which isnt usual

the video ppl want me to use 50 different streaming things with all sorts of weird conditions & i just want to give them money and watch a tv

'if we sign with apple we know deep down in our hearts wed have to do a better service at a more reasonable price'

the media ppl are the lowest of the low in business

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Corp._of_America_v._Universal_City_Studios,_Inc%2E

that lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the media ppl are the lowest of the low in business

thats why i give them 0 cents!

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

u showed them

its so bad they made :filez: look good

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
um files alwasys looked good. its just that some people are scared of them or have some bullshit morality parade when it comes to copying a file (but not touching their father's weiner)

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

(but not touching their father's weiner)

knockin it out of the ballpark itt

its fiddly i wanna press butan & stream anything

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i too am a petulant spoilt childe

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

flakeloaf posted:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

i too am a petulant spoilt childe

sounds like it with all ur available :filez: :smugmrgw:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:smugmrgw:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lol if u think the 5c exists for any other reason than to free up the ~*~precision manufacturing~*~ capacity for the 5s

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana
i#m the apple user who always ridiculed beatsbydre and now defends apples beats acquisition

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana
srsly though apple makes rly good products, its just that they lay a few landmines here and there (see: colored iphone 5c) to test consumers in order to seperate the wheat from the chaff for when steveb finally returns to bring the final judgement upon us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Otaku Alpha Male posted:

when steveb finally returns to bring the final judgement upon us

ballmer?

• Locked thread