Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

http://www.avclub.com/article/give-life-back-fhqwhgads-daft-punk-and-strong-bad--20287 This is the single dumbest/best thing I've heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Here's the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsa4ogtBiv0&t=12s

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
I found this on the internet one day and it makes me laugh my rear end off every single time I see it

it's great for pissing off fanboys though

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/18028-daft-punk-random-access-memories/?utm_campaign=search&utm_medium=site&utm_source=search-ac

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u

I'm so glad this exists.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Haha, apparently some guys dressed up in robot suits that looked like Daft Punk's suits came on stage with Arcade Fire at Coachella tonight and played part of Get Lucky but it wasn't actually them.

Remember last year when everyone was wondering if the robots would make an appearance at Coachella?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Haha, apparently some guys dressed up in robot suits that looked like Daft Punk's suits came on stage with Arcade Fire at Coachella tonight and played part of Get Lucky but it wasn't actually them.

Remember last year when everyone was wondering if the robots would make an appearance at Coachella?

According to the Onion AV this is part of an ongoing beef that Winn has with electronic music.

http://www.avclub.com/article/arcade-fire-brought-fake-daft-punk-coachella-203650

I hope this whole thing is a stupid joke because if you have your last album produced by James Murphy and then you tour on it while talking about how terrible electronic music is you really need to get the gently caress out of dodge.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 21, 2014

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Ugh, that bit with Win Butler going "WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS poo poo. SERIOUSLY. COME ON GUYS :smug:" gave me douche chills in real life.

Win just seems mad that Daft Punk's huge disco revival album was more successful (and frankly, better) than theirs.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

who are Arcade Fire?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
A twee rock band with a startlingly good album (Funeral) and a bunch of following albums that aren't as good, one of which won best album at the grammy's. I thank my lucky stars I saw them touring for Black Mirror and not after.

As mentioned before their last album was produced by James Murphy, who is assuredly shaking his drat head.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Apples and oranges but I probably listened to Reflektor more than RAM. Anyway, yeah, it really does suck to hear Winn touting the "REAL INSTRUMENTS :smug:" bullshit. I feel like this has to be some sort of ironic thing...

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

..but AF use electronic instruments in tandem with their 'live' stuff don't they? Which is what DP do as well. This makes no sense. :psyduck:

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

thathonkey posted:

Apples and oranges but I probably listened to Reflektor more than RAM. Anyway, yeah, it really does suck to hear Winn touting the "REAL INSTRUMENTS :smug:" bullshit. I feel like this has to be some sort of ironic thing...
Ehhhh Win's pretty far up his own rear end at this point

quote:

But when I jokingly ask if he wants to confirm or deny that he’s a gigantic dork, Butler rolls his eyes. “Whatever,” he says, his voice dripping sarcasm. “I’m a super-dork because I play with David Bowie. Bruce Springsteen wants to cover my songs because I’m such a dork. I’m not a dork,” he says earnestly. “I’m a loving rock star.”

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

The Singing Chav posted:

..but AF use electronic instruments in tandem with their 'live' stuff don't they? Which is what DP do as well. This makes no sense. :psyduck:

Well what makes it even weirder is that judging from what we hear and know about the two's latest albums AF used a lot more electronics (again in addition to being produced by a 00's electronica/indie godhead) than DP did. I think what he's actually got a problem with is the simple/sugary nature of dance music. Which would make a lot of sense coming from Winn who was teetering on overwrought (imho) even before Funeral ended.

Edit: I also recall an interview where he said he never consciously aped Bruce Springsteen and the similarities between the two's singing and songwriting is just because they're both really really good.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I also recall an interview where he said he never consciously aped Bruce Springsteen and the similarities between the two's singing and songwriting is just because they're both really really good.
Dude is quickly approaching if not already at Corgan level goddamn.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Intel&Sebastian posted:

According to the Onion AV this is part of an ongoing beef that Winn has with electronic music.

http://www.avclub.com/article/arcade-fire-brought-fake-daft-punk-coachella-203650

I hope this whole thing is a stupid joke because if you have your last album produced by James Murphy and then you tour on it while talking about how terrible electronic music is you really need to get the gently caress out of dodge.

I mean, the whole point of Reflektor is about how much technology sucks, so this is a (real dumb) extension of that, I guess.

gently caress that guy.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I got my t-shirt order in today, looks like it was supposed to have gotten here last week but I had a temp hold on my mail. These are really nice, not sure if I'd put the value at 40, but it doesn't feel like a crappy screen print. It feels like this whole thing is designed for hoarders, the shirts come in a black bag with reflective silver Daft Punk logo and a pyramid tag with the logo on one side/hologram of authenticity on the other.

BickidWoody
May 8, 2014
I want the Get Lucky T-Shirt because it makes girls pull off your jacket

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BickidWoody posted:

I want the Get Lucky T-Shirt because it makes girls pull off your jacket
Hahahaha you seriously bumped a months-old thread for that? Dude...

BickidWoody
May 8, 2014

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Hahahaha you seriously bumped a months-old thread for that? Dude...

It's a good album, I think it deserves exposure.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

BickidWoody posted:

It's a good album, I think it deserves exposure.

What else good has even come out since then?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Are there still idiots who think this album sucks

xie
Jul 29, 2004

I GET UPSET WHEN PEOPLE SPEND THEIR MONEY ON WASTEFUL THINGS THAT I DONT APPROVE OF :capitalism:

Ultimate Mango posted:

Weird Al

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Bown posted:

It's ok.

Hammsturabi
Dec 25, 2003
Law 54: If a house collapses, and the owners hamster should die, the builders hamster shall be put to death.

xie posted:

Weird Al

New Daft Punk AND Weird Al!? Man, the anime music videos this year are gonna be off the hook!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Bown posted:

I think it is middling :colbert:

edit: bear in mind I didn't make it to any of the live tour supporting the album so here's to hoping they do an Alive 2014 or whatever.

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Aug 2, 2014

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Hammsturabi posted:

New Daft Punk AND Weird Al!? Man, the anime music videos this year are gonna be off the hook!

Just a quick search sees Contact being the most popular song for AMVs from the album.

I also unfortunately saw that someone put One More Time to Princess 69 :gonk:

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Ultimate Mango posted:

literally everything else

Bown posted:

it sucks

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Hammsturabi posted:

Hammsturabi
Dec 25, 2003
Law 54: If a house collapses, and the owners hamster should die, the builders hamster shall be put to death.

thathonkey posted:

I think it is middling :colbert:

edit: bear in mind I didn't make it to any of the live tour supporting the album so here's to hoping they do an Alive 2014 or whatever.

because there was no live tour.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Hammsturabi posted:

because there was no live tour.

oh for some reason I thought they made a couple festival appearances at least :shrug:

so it was just whatever they did at the grammy's (or some award show)?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Yep. Other than performing Get Lucky at the Grammys, they haven't done any performing to promote RAM.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Alive 2017 is gonna be the musical Rapturepocalypse, though. Also probably their last tour forever.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

CaptainYesterday posted:

Just a quick search sees Contact being the most popular song for AMVs from the album.

I also unfortunately saw that someone put One More Time to Princess 69 :gonk:

I absolutely love Contact, but I'm not sure how you'd do an AMV to it. Surely the last minute or so of the song essentially breaking itself is hard to find clips for.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

Cleretic posted:

I absolutely love Contact, but I'm not sure how you'd do an AMV to it. Surely the last minute or so of the song essentially breaking itself is hard to find clips for.
Not quite an animu but...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbCTG0-PkRA

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

redstormpopcorn posted:

Alive 2017 is gonna be the musical Rapturepocalypse, though. Also probably the last tour forever.

fixed

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Face To Face syncs up with the episode of futurama about fry's dog

BickidWoody
May 8, 2014

CaptainYesterday posted:

Yep. Other than performing Get Lucky at the Grammys, they haven't done any performing to promote RAM.

Pretty disappointed we haven't seen more of the remixes promised.

Wouldn't they do at least two more albums? Unless they include tron: fallacy, then it would still be one more. Musique vol1 and alive 2007 had 3 album's content. But I guess they've never been about conforming.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

het posted:

Ehhhh Win's pretty far up his own rear end at this point

was Win Butler always such a tool or did getting the grammy embolden him?

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Looks like a remix album was released today (formerly Japan-only, now worldwide, apparently has some new tracks).

http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/9/5985881/daft-punk-gives-elusive-human-after-all-remix-album-worldwide-release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

That remix album is like a time vault.

• Locked thread