Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

FrozenVent posted:

No way these people can drive without a major anxiety attack.

Another driver honks somewhere near a tumblr driver. Tumblr driver immediately pulls over to shoulder to LITERALLY SHAKE for fifteen minutes. A 1000 word post follows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
True, they could have saved themselves $175 by taking the train, but lord knows what kind of trauma they would have incurred during an hour on a crowded subway.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
60 years ago these idiots would have gotten shock treatment and lobotomies

progress isn't always positive.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

skaboomizzy posted:

60 years ago these idiots would have gotten shock treatment and lobotomies

progress isn't always positive.

They can still get that. Tell them to ask their doctors about the benefits of ECT.

Bad! Poster
Jun 15, 2012
I am shit
*Gets followed for several blocks all the way back to apartment as they live on busy public street
*Logs into Tumblr
*Type type

Title: I was just almost raped

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

True, they could have saved themselves $175 by taking the train, but lord knows what kind of trauma they would have incurred during an hour on a crowded subway.

Imagine having to take the 7 Train to the ballpark looking like you're riding through Beirut next to some kid with purple hair, next to some queer with AIDS, right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time, right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing... The biggest thing I don't like about New York are the foreigners. You can walk an entire block in Times Square and not hear anybody speaking English. Asians and Koreans and Vietnamese and Indians and Russians and Spanish people and everything up there. How the hell did they get in this country?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

pentyne posted:

Imagine having to take the 7 Train to the ballpark looking like you're riding through Beirut next to some kid with purple hair, next to some queer with AIDS, right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time, right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing... The biggest thing I don't like about New York are the foreigners. You can walk an entire block in Times Square and not hear anybody speaking English. Asians and Koreans and Vietnamese and Indians and Russians and Spanish people and everything up there. How the hell did they get in this country?

:lol: John Rocker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAIatqg-Yis

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

pentyne posted:

People who rage against "political correctness" really aren't that far off from Tumblr bloggers in some ways.

"I have to press 1 for English :qq:"

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

FrozenVent posted:

Goddamn do I wish there had been a documentary crew filming the organization and operation of that con.

I'm friends with some guys and gals in my university's broadcasting program who are graduating next December and needed a final video project. I say "needed" because they watched this poo poo unfold online and once DumbCon 2015 was announced, they immediately started typing up project proposals :laugh:

Though I doubt they'll be the only non-believers there. Word has spread of what a colossal fuckup this was and I'm sure plenty of people would be willing to make the trip to see it all happen in person.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
If someone bets their graduation on DashCon 2015 happening they belong in a schadenfreude thread.

I'm sure it didn't get recorded as planned but this year was indeed supposed to be on DVD

quote:

DASHCON 2014-- ON FILM!

DashCon will be filming during the convention, and we would love to share what we capture with you! We'll be filming three different panels, and including the highlights, as well as providing exclusive content like guest interviews, attendee stories, and behind the scenes diaries! You'll be able to vote on two of the panels filmed for the DVD, making this DVD exactly what you want it to be!

These DVDs will be available for pre order only and will ship mid to late August! The pre order cut off date is July 31st! You will receive an email when your items have shipped, please allow two to three weeks for shipping.

What you need to know:

Ordering Price-- $20
2 hours of content
Highlights of a select 3 panels-- 1 hour – The Night Vale Q and A, and two fan selected panels
Extras-- 1 hour – interviews, behind the scenes, attendee stories, etc.
This DVD is the perfect way to remember DashCon by, and it's a great way for those who can't make it to be part of the action!

Let us know below which other two panels you'd like included in the DVD!

The pre order cut off date has passed but I'm sure they accept promises of paying with installments over the weekend.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

They can still get that. Tell them to ask their doctors about the benefits of ECT.

i had this and its very helpful with no down sides and the benefits last a long time and nothing will go wrong

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

watch my documentary where i attend dashcon 2014 every day for a whole month

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
ballpit. Baall pit. Balls

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
That's a helluva turnaround time for a DVD comprised of the best bits of three days' worth of footage. Add "video editing and production" to the list of things the owners know absolutely nothing about

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

That's a helluva turnaround time for a DVD comprised of the best bits of three days' worth of footage. Add "video editing and production" to the list of things the owners know absolutely nothing about

Star wipe to the ballpit scene!

Bad! Poster
Jun 15, 2012
I am shit
Its fitting because in the video production program at the lovely school I went to they gave us advice on freelancing which was basically how to scam people out of money. Run around with a gopro you already own and edit it in pirated software on a computer you already have and then demand people pay you for "production costs". One person said he charges people storage fees, as in keeping a file on a computer.

Edit: one human admitted xe were a piece of poo poo

Bad! Poster fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Aug 2, 2014

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Also I bet they got permission from Night Vale to film the panel and sell it

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Also I bet they got permission from Night Vale to film the panel and sell it

Which they most certainly did but not for money

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
I bet they did have permission. If they thought they could record and sell whatever then the DVD would have come with the live show, not just the Q & A.

That whole Night Vale schedule - meet & greet Friday, live show Saturday, Q & A Sunday - says "these are the headliners, use them to make money". The show and the Q & A encourages people to come both days or to buy the DVD (but neither event happened). The meet & greet was a chance to sell expensive tickets (but they gave it away to contest winners). It was probably just a package offered by Night Vale but it's a kernel of good potential within a turd of a convention.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
There was a Night Vale panel? I guess goons and tumblrkin do sperg over the same poo poo

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

First Bass posted:

There was a Night Vale panel? I guess goons and tumblrkin do sperg over the same poo poo

There was very famously not a Night Vale panel.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

First Bass posted:

Your ballpit privileges have been revoked until you get up to speed, buster.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

TrekBek posted:

So, an admin of this con went to tumblr to quell the masses.

She's a 17 year old girl.

Not even joking.

gently caress you and your ageism.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Supposedly the Friday night meet & greet did happen (Night Vale didn't bail until Saturday) and I wish there were pictures. I'm sure most of those lottery winners were tumblr kids that never made it to Chicago. Dashcon would have secured a location (much too big) and done nothing else. So Night Vale shows up for a meet & greet with 100 people and finds about 30 people in a giant empty room. I want the convention DVD to still somehow happen just to see poo poo like that.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

PostNouveau posted:

People who rage against "political correctness" really aren't that far off from Tumblr bloggers in some ways.

"I have to press 1 for English :qq:"

I used to whine about hitting 1 for English, saying that it should default to English and if you wanna hear something else you should have to hit a button. Made sense at the time!

Of course now I encounter all sorts of things where it defaults to English, but theres no way to skip past "to hear this is spanish, hit 1, to hear this in french, hit 2." Just let me hit 1 stop triggering meeeeee

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Gutcruncher posted:

Of course now I encounter all sorts of things where it defaults to English, but theres no way to skip past "to hear this is spanish, hit 1, to hear this in french, hit 2." Just let me hit 1 stop triggering meeeeee
i'm so relieved my headmate is a polyglot tamandua so we have spanish and portuguese covered

Senhor Tippy, marque el número dos pf

legal

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
If the Dashcon DVD was released (I know, but pretend), I wonder if Lowtax would kindly make a files exception.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Paladinus posted:

There's going to be an official Dashcon Documentary DVD. If they didn't gently caress this up, that is

LITERALLY SHAKING: the true story of how Rochelle hosed everything up for everybody and how it's totally not our fault

It's gonna be a thrill-a-minute documentary! :dance:

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
I just want to make sure I read the last few pages correctly. Did Dashcon really pay $3,000 to fly a woman and her husband from Australia to Chicago to manage a mostly empty vendor room and then she had a nervous breakdown?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

smg77 posted:

I just want to make sure I read the last few pages correctly. Did Dashcon really pay $3,000 to fly a woman and her husband from Australia to Chicago to manage a mostly empty vendor room and then she had a nervous breakdown?

From Australia to Canada and then to Chicago. The couple also ponied up $2000 for the rest of the trip (Is this in AUS$, CAN$, or US$?)

And they sprung the vendor hall on an apparently very emotionally unstable woman.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

smg77 posted:

From what I can tell, yes, mostly. She wasn't flown there to run the vendor hall, she was flown there so she could meet her Internet bff irl, then was given the task and for some reason lost the loving ability to say "um no"

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
But don't worry--the person responsible has since been removed from the company

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

But don't worry--the person responsible has since been removed from the company

What do you want to bet the admin who said that was the person responsible?

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
(to be sung while literally shaking)

There comes a time when we heed a certain call
And all fans must come together as one
There are bronies crying, so it's time to lend a hoof
To this con, the greatest pit of balls

Now we can't go out, or function day-to-day
Cause someone, somewhere may trigger us bad
We are all a part of this great big Tumblr thing
And the truth is attention's what we need

We are the weird
We went to Dashcon
We are the ones who coughed up seventeen K and got no Night Vale
It's our parent's money, we're paying with their cards
We'll make a better Omegaverse, just you and xe

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Howard Beale posted:

We are the weird
We went to Dashcon

I'm literally shaking here...

with laughter. Hahahah outstanding.

necroid
May 14, 2009

Howard Beale posted:

We are the weird
We went to Dashcon

this is the lamest thing ever and I don't think there can be ever be a post of this kind that isn't retarded and stupid

gently caress you

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

necroid posted:

this is the lamest thing ever and I don't think there can be ever be a post of this kind that isn't retarded and stupid

gently caress you

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Howard Beale posted:

We are the weird
We went to Dashcon