Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

DuckHuntDog posted:

It has been 24 hours, where are you Hurt?

:drac: Sleeping. Also catching up on this thread is a bitch. Oh wait I died because I'm an idiot. God dammit. :drac:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
God dammit Mcnulty!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This is what you get for giving a gently caress. It's the boat, McNulty.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Good stuff team :thumbsup:

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Both big pushes were apathetic bandwagons, which makes me doubt Ard would have been any better of a choice.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Fell asleep making my post before hammertime. It wouldn't have changed the vote that late and probably made no sense but :britain:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh hey, Saturday night deadline. Didn't realize that. Sorry Hurt!

DHD the reason I held onto my vote is because that's the smartest way to play it. Your vote has more meaning once you see what's up near the end of the day.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
We should give McNulty an Irish wake.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

We should give McNulty an Irish wake.

Can't, I have to drive :smith:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Opop who's the bad guys?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CapitalistPig posted:

Opop who's the bad guys?

Ard is not a good guy, I tell you what

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Opopanax posted:

Ard is not a good guy, I tell you what

Then let's git im'

:hfive:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I tried but everyone else decided to take out the tracker instead rather than follow my brilliant guidance. Tomorrow though, oh yes indeed.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Killing the tracker was not our fault! He never posted! Anyway, just have Ard bring him back to life or whatever his skill is. I mean, if Ard is not scum aren't they going to kill him immediately to prevent him from saving a lynched person, if I'm understanding correctly that that's his power? So he ought to be putting in to save Hurt right now just to prolong his own life.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh I'm sure he'll have some kind of excuse tomorrow

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Well if Hurt isn't brought back to life I'll be ready to vote Ard. I'm not misunderstanding Ard's claim, am I? He said he could restore a "fired" player back into vanilla town, I assume that means a lynched player.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Fast Luck posted:

Well if Hurt isn't brought back to life I'll be ready to vote Ard. I'm not misunderstanding Ard's claim, am I? He said he could restore a "fired" player back into vanilla town, I assume that means a lynched player.

Yeah, he said BEFORE D3, so either him or whoever's lynched D2 - but don't see why he would wait. Doesn't seem like he can bring back night action'd dudes.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

He is so ridiculously obviously telling the truth. For once in your life read the game, Opop.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well I suppose we'll find out tomorrow

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

Opopanax posted:

Oh I'm sure he'll have some kind of excuse tomorrow
You can tell me if you're Scum.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Yeah, he said BEFORE D3, so either him or whoever's lynched D2 - but don't see why he would wait. Doesn't seem like he can bring back night action'd dudes.
That is correct, I can't bring back anyone who is removed in any way except lynching and then only cops (though it would have been awesome if I could bring back Scum as VT).

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Well, it may have been a mistake to reveal the power if it's true, now scum can take action against you.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
After exiting the atrium and getting in the carriage with Norman once more, he turns to me. "I think you did a fine job, just a fiiiine job Tommy. But you didn't notice Fast Luck, obvious gangman?"

I furrowed my brow; I could see it, definitely.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

7.5 hrs from this post to send in any actions!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sam., I'm sorry about the delay in answering your email!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tremendous Taste posted:

Sam., I'm sorry about the delay in answering your email!

Stop yelling

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Stop not yelling!!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

LOUD POSTING

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I DON'T KNOW WHY WE'RE POSTING

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

EccoRaven posted:

After exiting the atrium and getting in the carriage with Norman once more, he turns to me. "I think you did a fine job, just a fiiiine job Tommy. But you didn't notice Fast Luck, obvious gangman?"

I furrowed my brow; I could see it, definitely.

Why do you say that?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

"It wasn't even his drat case!"

"Look, Jimmy, I called you here because you were close but I can't have you here when Homicide shows up!"

"gently caress Homicide! By the time they get around to pulling their hands off their dicks whatever son of a bitch did this will have grandkids!"

"Jimmy, please. I can't..."

"No. I'm not going away on this."

The body was slumped against a wall, partially concealed by a tarp. Blood trickled down from the small hole in the plastic, mapping out a route toward the exit wound in Bunk's forehead. He'd been meant to be hidden in the abandoned house, but a neighbor had heard someone tearing at the cheap plywood covering the windows and door and called for fear of a break-in.

"What the gently caress did I do..."

Somberbrero, Det. William "The Bunk" Moreland, Vanilla Town was killed N1.

Dr. Hurt, James "Jimmy" McNulty, Vanilla Town has re-entered the game.

The wire picked up the following communication:

quote:

Voice 1: I'd say we let column 1 player send in the nightkill.
Voice 2: Bad Idea, I'll explain later.
Voice 3: *static* Thinking 25.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (20): Ardulac, CapitalistPig, chaoslord, Deadbeat Dad, dorkanoid, Dr. Hurt, DuckHuntDog, Dugong, EccoRaven, Fast Luck, Hal Incandenza, IcePhoenix, Ixtlilton, King Burgundy, Little Mac, Magnus Gallant, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Opopanax, Rarity, Sam.

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 07th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 4 hours.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Yeah that communication is laughably pointless.

Hurt coming back as confirmed VT makes me want to give Ard the benefit of the doubt. I really can't see that as a scum ability.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

DuckHuntDog posted:

Yeah that communication is laughably pointless.

Hurt coming back as confirmed VT makes me want to give Ard the benefit of the doubt. I really can't see that as a scum ability.

Yeah, my read on that is Yay Ardulac?

Still sucks that we lost someone with power, but at least we got a town back.

So cellphones were right, scum went for their best option, but I don't know that we really gained anything from it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The more we successfully intercept them the more info we will gave, it was totally worth it, we just have to get more.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Have, not gave

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

It doesn't say that we picked the right option, but I am guessing we were right and it just posts the scumchat.

CapitalistPig posted:

The more we successfully intercept them the more info we will gave, it was totally worth it, we just have to get more.

Do you think that it is a progressive thing, or more likely that scum are just obfuscating their chat to mitigate interception? I can't see anything that says they don't get the advantage regardless of intercept from picking cellphone, so what would keep them from just being vague in chat and picking cellphones?

It makes me doubt there will be much to read from the intercept votes yesterday, but also that cellphones are the best option for today either way.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

DuckHuntDog posted:

It doesn't say that we picked the right option, but I am guessing we were right and it just posts the scumchat.

Do you think that it is a progressive thing, or more likely that scum are just obfuscating their chat to mitigate interception? I can't see anything that says they don't get the advantage regardless of intercept from picking cellphone, so what would keep them from just being vague in chat and picking cellphones?

It makes me doubt there will be much to read from the intercept votes yesterday, but also that cellphones are the best option for today either way.

Whether it's progressive or.not, every time we hit it correctly we get another piece of chat to analyze and there's no way that's a negative for town, the more we have the more there is to analyze and that's a good thing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, given the quality of information we received and how easily they can mitigate it, I see no reason the scum wouldn't keep picking cellphones. So that seems like a no brainer vote.

##intercept: Cellphones

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, given the quality of information we received and how easily they can mitigate it, I see no reason the scum wouldn't keep picking cellphones. So that seems like a no brainer vote.

##intercept: Cellphones

You are assuming they would have been aware ahead of time how little we would get. I doubt they would have been told.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Somberero seems like an odd pick for the night kill, but the players he expressed some doubt were DBD early for tone, Ard and maybe Ixt. He wasn't pushing any of them hard, so it doesn't look like a kill to remove a threat.

CapitalistPig posted:

Whether it's progressive or.not, every time we hit it correctly we get another piece of chat to analyze and there's no way that's a negative for town, the more we have the more there is to analyze and that's a good thing.

Yeah, I agree.

Also ##intercept: cellphones

• Locked thread