Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Someone conflicted about their actions usually wouldn't just blurt out "DARE TO DEFY US?!" and kill someone without much provocation.

Yeah, the complaint is just how cartoonishly villainous they act in the flashback despite everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

bunnyofdoom posted:

God, why do the rifts in Saint's Row 4 take loving forever to finish, and why is the TK one so lovely. Like, even with explosive knockback removed, it's still a buncha crap.

Put the game on casual. It does affect the difficulty of them.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Someone conflicted about their actions usually wouldn't just blurt out "DARE TO DEFY US?!" and kill someone without much provocation.

Well, if it happened before the guilt train hit - then yeah, they probably would. Especially if its a Jrpg where everyone is just pmsing all the time.

For a little thing FF4 related, this rear end in a top hat ->
They pretty much cast this really damaging whole party fire attack, and in a certain dungeon, they start showing up in groups - where they'll start casting it right after each other which can wipe your entire party.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
El Matador

The level design can be really confusing sometimes. I cleared a whole arena full of enemies and spent the next 20 minutes looking for the path ahead. Turns out I had to double back to another room that's in the periphery of the arena.

Another area I had to climb some scaffolding and shootdodge over to the roof of another building but there's no indication that it's the path forward.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Right. Been a while since I'd seen the actual line.

VII's biggest issue with translation is it was (probably) translated in-house on the Japanese side of things. So it's overly literal in a bunch of spots, and the grammar and spelling can be quite spotty. For the most part though, it's not terribly hard to understand, and doesn't have any outright story changing mistakes like some games (Chrono Trigger is an example of that, sort of).

That's the 'Lavos is splicing in DNA to force human evolution' nonsense, right?

Which ended up getting back-ported into Chrono Cross' horrible plot.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Tunicate posted:

That's the 'Lavos is splicing in DNA to force human evolution' nonsense, right?

Which ended up getting back-ported into Chrono Cross' horrible plot.

There's really a whole bunch of mistakes in the original translation like that. The Lavos influencing evolution and technology aspect is North American only. I thiiiink it was left out of the DS version, but I haven't played that one in a while. It's never anything major, that would completely change the plot. Just a bunch of stuff that changes small aspects of the story.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Accordion Man posted:

2 exists and will always be the worst Final Fantasy no matter how much the fans have argued over the rest of the series for so many years. Not even God Emperor of Hell David Bowie could save 2.

I will fight you. 2 is one of the best FFs.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Mister Adequate posted:

I will fight you. 2 is one of the best FFs.

The original, NES 2? Because that game was garbage intentionally made to be as punishing and unfair as possible. Dawn of Souls redeemed it.

WickedHate has a new favorite as of 00:03 on Aug 4, 2014

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Isn't the subtitle for the FF mega thread something about how every game is the worst in the series? This thread is proving that nicely it seems.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

SirPhoebos posted:

This reminds me of something I noticed in Skyrim: when you kill a dragon in an inhabited area, NPCs in the area will react appropriately and comment on the dragon corpse laying in the town square. Or at least they're supposed to. In practice, a few NPCs miss the memo, leading to commentary like this:

:aaa: "By the gods, that's a dragon!"
:aaa: "Mercy! I had hoped the talk of dragons was only drunken stories!"
:aaa: "You...you killed this thing?!?"
:downs: "I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee."

I know this is from a while back, but it just reminded me of what happened my first time playing Skyrim. So I finished the tutorial, got to town, yadda yadda, then I walk into the first town and apparently the game just didn't like my face because a loving dragon swoops down and goes to town. So after I kill it by the skin of my teeth, we talk to the NPCs dad, who was outside when the dragon attacked. His reaction to his son mentioning dragons?

:v:: Dragons... Son, are you drunk?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I wish those games had some sort of trigger that would alter dialogue a bit as you played on, its really stupid how you're the great hero, you kill all the big-bads and some people still treat like some lowly commoner.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

AngryRobotsInc posted:

There's really a whole bunch of mistakes in the original translation like that. The Lavos influencing evolution and technology aspect is North American only. I thiiiink it was left out of the DS version, but I haven't played that one in a while. It's never anything major, that would completely change the plot. Just a bunch of stuff that changes small aspects of the story.
I think that Lavos change was an improvement, it makes Lavos more intimidating and alien. Just it being there is warping the planet and its life.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Alteisen posted:

I wish those games had some sort of trigger that would alter dialogue a bit as you played on, its really stupid how you're the great hero, you kill all the big-bads and some people still treat like some lowly commoner.

They do. In Oblivion in anyways, all the responses are pooled together in a table - and each npc will go about and check things like their race, id, quest stages, and stuff. People even make comments on your stats and what have you.

Frankly, I think the main problem with that kind of stuff is that their trying to be somewhat dynamic with the dialogue but there pretty much anchored down by voice acting stuff.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

scarycave posted:

Frankly, I think the main problem with that kind of stuff is that their trying to be somewhat dynamic with the dialogue but there pretty much anchored down by voice acting stuff.

Yeah, I can appreciate the effort, but because of the limitations of a voice-acted game it just means that you get to hear one extra bit of chatter now and then ("I've heard of your honeyed words!").

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Thoughtless posted:

Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga.

1) Quests that get marked as failed if you complete them "wrong". Early on some guy wants you to bring in some debts from some other dude. He turns out to be a blackmailing rear end in a top hat, but you take the victim's side, the quest fails when you turn it in. :wtc: I mean, I guess I technically failed the job he gave me, but that's an incredibly weird way to do it in a game.

2) NPCs that gently caress off to somewhere after giving you a quest. I can't remember the exact ones, but several of them give you a quest and then haul rear end somewhere else. Thanks! This is made doubly as annoying because...

3) NO QUEST MARKERS. Yes I'm a lazy spoiled entitled dumb idiot gamer but I need quest markers or I bumble around and never find where I'm supposed to go.
Also your dragon form is weak as hell, especially compared to your regular human form.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I have no sympathy for people who need markers and I hate developers who don't design things to be found without them. Fable did this; you had a big glowy trail you could follow any/everywhere, but you got nothing beyond vague directions of "over there" from NPCs.

The issue with TES games and people referring to your progess or whatever is that you have SO MANY options for where they could be referring to you by, that it inevitably picks the dumb ones. But ultimately, no one really treats you differently, despite being the world-famous hero of kvatch and slayer of dragons and literally incharge of every major political body in the area (legal, and illegal) and are on a first name basis with all actual governing bodies as well.

Despite all you accrue, most no one really gives a gently caress.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Mass Effect 1 has a ton of little problems, but I just blitzed through the game, and the one that really stuck in my craw was item management.

About half to 2/3 through the game, your inventory starts to get full (150 items). So at that point, you really have to take time every time you pick up any loot, and one-by-one turn it all into Omni-gel (*click* > "Are you SURE you want to do this??"). It takes freaking forever; and it gets worse later when you have the best gear and are chucking everything. In the last 5 hours of the game, I probably threw 200 guns and as many ammo mods into the bin. The alternative is just to never open crates and lockers - there's no option to just leave the poo poo where it is.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

RyokoTK posted:

Isn't the subtitle for the FF mega thread something about how every game is the worst in the series? This thread is proving that nicely it seems.

That's not true, nobody here has put forward any of the SNES or PS2 FFs.

And they'd better not start, because if someone tries to speak ill of FFV I will fight them.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Cleretic posted:

That's not true, nobody here has put forward any of the SNES or PS2 FFs.

And they'd better not start, because if someone tries to speak ill of FFV I will fight them.

gently caress yeah. V is way underrated just because it's got a fun, silly story.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I love how Rogue Galaxy sabotages itself at every turn. In addition to the cliched plot, wasted characters, uneven combat, cut-and-paste level-design, a nauseating romance between a woman and a dog, there is the hilarious writing decision to ham-hand melodrama into every scene. Near the end of the game you learn the backstory of your Jack-Sparrow-ripoff companion. It turns out that he had a previously unmentioned girlfriend who was killed suddenly by an oversized bird in the middle of a completely ordinary city. I haven't bought another JRPG since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZYUEMYFN1w
Hamhanded JRPG melodrama aside holy poo poo some of the dungeons were absolutely miserable.

The last JRPG I played was Anarchonox, and I think I best keep it that way. :colbert:

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Dark Souls 2 is a pretty good looking game for the most part, it starts off with you being dropped in this really cool abstractish dark area with this giant crack in a wall shining light through and it's really good looking on the PC at 60FPS as you just walk around admiring this area, and then you step outside to this coastal area during the day and you look out over the ocean and it has this cool water effect.

And then you go in to the first area past this hub (Forest of Fallen Giants) and suddenly it looks like a PS2 game -- like exactly how a game being played on the PS2 emulator looks after you jack up the resolution and what not. It's weird when you go and look back at the prerelease footage and the same area looks 10x better. Even down to certain columns being a better model and better textures. In this one area where you're looking down from a bridge and in the final version there's visibly repeating ground textures and lovely looking flames and then looking back at the prerelease version the ground textures look great and there's nice particle effects (that are present elsewhere in the final game too anyway, just not in this area) on the fire that makes it look nice.

It's like the Great Hollow in DkS1 where the areas before it for the most part have nice effects and art direction and suddenly you're thrown in to flat lighting and lovely textures :psyduck:

piratepilates has a new favorite as of 05:04 on Aug 4, 2014

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I love how Rogue Galaxy sabotages itself at every turn. In addition to the cliched plot, wasted characters, uneven combat, cut-and-paste level-design, a nauseating romance between a woman and a dog, there is the hilarious writing decision to ham-hand melodrama into every scene. Near the end of the game you learn the backstory of your Jack-Sparrow-ripoff companion. It turns out that he had a previously unmentioned girlfriend who was killed suddenly by an oversized bird in the middle of a completely ordinary city. I haven't bought another JRPG since.

I remember this game pulling some bullshit with the final dungeon. You either had to fight a bunch of bosses in a row or fight them with just one party member and I just couldn't get past them. I didn't feel like grinding for another 7 hours just to finish the game so I never went back.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

piratepilates posted:

Dark Souls 2 is a pretty good looking game for the most part, it starts off with you being dropped in this really cool abstractish dark area with this giant crack in a wall shining light through and it's really good looking on the PC at 60FPS as you just walk around admiring this area, and then you step outside to this coastal area during the day and you look out over the ocean and it has this cool water effect.

And then you go in to the first area past this hub (Forest of Fallen Giants) and suddenly it looks like a PS2 game -- like exactly how a game being played on the PS2 emulator looks after you jack up the resolution and what not. It's weird when you go and look back at the prerelease footage and the same area looks 10x better. Even down to certain columns being a better model and better textures. In this one area where you're looking down from a bridge and in the final version there's visibly repeating ground textures and lovely looking flames and then looking back at the prerelease version the ground textures look great and there's nice particle effects (that are present elsewhere in the final game too anyway, just not in this area) on the fire that makes it look nice.

It's like the Great Hollow in DkS1 where the areas before it for the most part have nice effects and art direction and suddenly you're thrown in to flat lighting and lovely textures :psyduck:

Yeah, Dark Souls 2 has some weird issues with single aberrations, while everything else stands up just fine. The Forest looks kind of crapshack, especially compared to the Undead Burg that it's basically a straight parallel of, but it's the only one like that. Every other area looks just fine, and can either stand on its own and look really neat (Heide's Tower), be just as good as the predecessor doing the same thing (Drangleic Castle), or even directly beating the original in the same field (Iron Keep).

It's true of the actual zone designs and bosses, too. They usually do well, but then there's one place where they gently caress up inexplicably. The original had the same problem where some parts were just surprisingly poo poo compared to the rest of it, despite the fact that doing it right is demonstrably possible.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Captain Lavender posted:

Mass Effect 1 has a ton of little problems, but I just blitzed through the game, and the one that really stuck in my craw was item management.

About half to 2/3 through the game, your inventory starts to get full (150 items). So at that point, you really have to take time every time you pick up any loot, and one-by-one turn it all into Omni-gel (*click* > "Are you SURE you want to do this??"). It takes freaking forever; and it gets worse later when you have the best gear and are chucking everything. In the last 5 hours of the game, I probably threw 200 guns and as many ammo mods into the bin. The alternative is just to never open crates and lockers - there's no option to just leave the poo poo where it is.

I will never understand the people who thought that Mass Effect 2 was in any way inferior to the original.

For content, something from my childhood: the biggest problem in Freelancer is that it's a linear game that didn't want to chuck out the open world. The story is excellent, the rare video game conspiracy thriller that doesn't poo poo the bed with insane twists and dumb bullshit. And the missions are all fun and memorable, except for the obligatory racing mission. But in between the great bits are hours upon hours of repetitive money grinding until the next mission is unlocked. The side-missions are boring and unfun, and by the 3 hour mark (of a 40 hour+ game) you've already seen >80% of the side mission types. Running commodities (a major touted gameplay mechanic) is boring and doesn't pay. Piracy (another touted feature) basically pisses off 90% of the factions in the game making it nonviable. Smuggling is just about impossible to get into, is very dangerous, and it's borderline impossible to complete the routes that actually pay. And that's it. Those are your four options for money grinding, and they all suck.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I remember this game pulling some bullshit with the final dungeon. You either had to fight a bunch of bosses in a row or fight them with just one party member and I just couldn't get past them. I didn't feel like grinding for another 7 hours just to finish the game so I never went back.

Yea the final battle forces you to use all your party members.

They level slower than your main party so they aren't totally hopeless, but Rogue uses a weird skill learning system that requires certain items which are scattered everywhere, if you didn't keep up with everyone's skill tree you are so hosed.

One thing that annoyed the hell out of me in Rogue Galaxy was how much your characters talked, every 30 seconds, repeat the same lines regarding what you needed to do and there's no option to turn them off, it you turn off voices then battles are silent, its stupid.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

DStecks posted:

I will never understand the people who thought that Mass Effect 2 was in any way inferior to the original.

But but but they took away my freedom to drive a lovely buggy on a barren planet looking for copy and paste mining nodes :qq:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

kazil posted:

But but but they took away my freedom to drive a lovely buggy on a barren planet looking for copy and paste mining nodes :qq:

Mass Effect was almost as bad as Dragon Age II about copy and pasting, but thankfully it was just the side quests. Still annoying as hell to go to the exact same locations fighting the exact same enemies in the exact same bunkers with the exact same boxes.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

DStecks posted:

For content, something from my childhood: the biggest problem in Freelancer is that it's a linear game that didn't want to chuck out the open world.
And on the flipside of your complaints, you can only access about a quarter of the open world, total, before you finish the storyline (and generally you're confined to a much smaller space). Then it's like 'hey, play Elite, go nuts', only you're probably sick of the game by that point, plus you have some of the best equipment in the game.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

FredMSloniker posted:

And on the flipside of your complaints, you can only access about a quarter of the open world, total, before you finish the storyline (and generally you're confined to a much smaller space). Then it's like 'hey, play Elite, go nuts', only you're probably sick of the game by that point, plus you have some of the best equipment in the game.

For anybody not familiar with the development of the game, here's the gist of why Freelancer is a bit scattered about what it wants to be: it spent most of its development wanting to be basically a proto-EVE Online, but the tech just didn't exist in 2002 and so the studio ran out of money; Microsoft bought them up and told them to stop developing new features and just polish what was already done. The result is that Freelancer is crazy polished, but pretty barren.

The weapons are also balanced completely for the campaign, and not at all for any kind of true open world balance. The weapons get better as you travel through the storyline, and the result is that when you finish the campaign, you've got the best ship and best weapons in the game, period, with nowhere to go. And, infuriatingly, there is no "ship storage" system or anything, so if you want to replace the uber-ship you get in the endgame, you can never get it back. There's also really nothing to spend your money on, since again, when you finish the game you've got the best of the best of everything, so there is no real reason to continue playing beyond exploration, which in Freelancer is a nice way of saying putting on cruise control and flying in a straight line for 10 minutes+.

I rant, but honestly Freelancer is one of my favourite games ever, because the campaign and core gameplay are just that drat good. Best way to play it is with free money cheats, so you can skip the side missions entirely.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
The real bummer was that they locked the jump holes and jump gates to whatever experience level you were. I get that they didn't want you straying into future story areas to keep you from seeing things out of order, but all they really had to do was put a bigass minefield around the big spoiler areas like the Rhineland/Nomad drydock, since they're impossible to get through without NPCs giving you a waypoint path and there's nothing else of interest there anyways.

The worst part was that there were a good many unmarked sidequests that could only be followed up on after the story was done. In one instance there was a famous bounty hunter you'd read about in the news during the campaign, but if you looked around in the uncharted border systems afterwards, you could find the wreck of his ship and all his unique weapons. Similarly, you'd be fighting pirates through most of the game, but you could also find their home planet and the wreck of the sleeper ship that brought them there. All cool details that most people never saw because they dropped the game after the final mission.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I'm playing Skyrim right now, and obviously there's just a huge host of problems with the game, everything from the terrible UI, the bad attempt at rebinding controls, stilted dialogue, unbalanced skill system, etc. But what really bugs me, and what shouldn't be allowed to be in any game, is when enemies cry out stuff like "Mercy!" as they get hit to the crowd, and start feebly crawling away. Because they're going to stand up and keep attacking you. So when someone says "No! Please, not like this, not like this!" and starts cowering in fear, I'm forced to either wait for them to attack or just murder the cowering figure in front of me, which makes me feel like an rear end in a top hat. Have them flee or something, not just immediately get up and start attacking again.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Apparently we aren't alone in our feelings about Freelancer, because there's at least one mod floating around there to disable the single-player campaign entirely and just dump you in the world.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Morpheus posted:

I'm playing Skyrim right now, and obviously there's just a huge host of problems with the game, everything from the terrible UI, the bad attempt at rebinding controls, stilted dialogue, unbalanced skill system, etc. But what really bugs me, and what shouldn't be allowed to be in any game, is when enemies cry out stuff like "Mercy!" as they get hit to the crowd, and start feebly crawling away. Because they're going to stand up and keep attacking you. So when someone says "No! Please, not like this, not like this!" and starts cowering in fear, I'm forced to either wait for them to attack or just murder the cowering figure in front of me, which makes me feel like an rear end in a top hat. Have them flee or something, not just immediately get up and start attacking again.

SKSE an SkyUI are pretty much immediately required for playing skyrim, much like the 4gb executable. At least they kinda unfucked the save system, so it's slightly better, so you don't need something like CASM. Of course they also made them extremely susceptible to save bloat, so new mods almost always require a new game.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

That game was such a goddamn disappointment :(

All the promotional material promised a space pirate adventure and all it delivered was Steve Blum and Crispin Freeman sometimes in space but usually on a jungle planet or in Stock RPG Town or Cliched Plot Exposition Zone.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I like L.A. Noire a lot but am well aware it has its share of problems. However, I never really felt frustrated until a certain part later in the game. There is a case where you have to chase a murderer down into some catacombs at night. So you're in an underground maze at night with some candles as your only light source. Your guy actually has a flashlight he's using aboveground but it somehow turns off when you climb down the ladder for whatever reason and I couldn't see poo poo. I don't know if I should have turned up the brightness but I spent like 25 minutes trying to find the right door to advance and I finally just blind-lucked into a corridor somehow where I chased him up another ladder and the camera was so wonly he shot me to death from off-screen so i had to do the whole thing over again and wasted another 15 minutes in the drat catacombs again!

oldpainless has a new favorite as of 17:54 on Aug 4, 2014

Agar Agar
Jun 14, 2007

FredMSloniker posted:

Apparently we aren't alone in our feelings about Freelancer, because there's at least one mod floating around there to disable the single-player campaign entirely and just dump you in the world.

Couldn't you just start your own local server that did this?

I remember playing the single player for a little while and then my brother got the game as well, so we ended up just loving around on our own server for far far too long.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

That game was such a goddamn disappointment :(

All the promotional material promised a space pirate adventure and all it delivered was Steve Blum and Crispin Freeman sometimes in space but usually on a jungle planet or in Stock RPG Town or Cliched Plot Exposition Zone.

That game was so bad I returned it to the rental store early because I just could not stand it. The guy behind the counter said it was the best RPG he'd played in years. I just couldn't comprehend it.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

WickedHate posted:

The original, NES 2? Because that game was garbage intentionally made to be as punishing and unfair as possible. Dawn of Souls redeemed it.

Oh, yeah, been a loooong time since I touched the original but I played Dawn of Souls recently and really loved it.

DStecks posted:

Although ME had copy-pasted worlds and bad inventory management, the proper solutions to those problems were not to throw away any and all sense of exploration and wonder, and to do away with the inventory completely, respectively. Mass Effect was a wonderful huge ridiculously great game brought down by a couple of negatives; Mass Effect 2 was a pretty generic squad shooter which was mostly average but elevated to excellence at a couple of points anytime Mordin was around.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Mister Adequate posted:

Oh, yeah, been a loooong time since I touched the original but I played Dawn of Souls recently and really loved it.

Although ME had copy-pasted worlds and bad inventory management, the proper solutions to those problems were not to throw away any and all sense of exploration and wonder, and to do away with the inventory completely, respectively. Mass Effect was a wonderful huge ridiculously great game brought down by a couple of negatives; Mass Effect 2 was a pretty generic squad shooter which was mostly average but elevated to excellence at a couple of points anytime Mordin was around.

Yeah, besides bad shooting, terrible inventory, copy and paste planets, the terrible buggy, convoluted plot and elevators, ME1 was perfect :rolleyes:

I don't understand why everyone thought ME1 had these rich space exploration side to it. Every planet was basically the same. At least ME2 had the decency to have good shooter mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Morpheus posted:

I've been playing with the SPERG mod and it adds so many little quality of life improvements. You can melt down equipment for crafting materials, the perk system's been reworked so most perks benefit your character in general instead of that specific tree, plus you can reset them at any time.