Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 4, 2014

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So now that The Killing is over and ignoring the marketing foofaraw, is it worth watching the whole thing?

Also I know that OSG was concerned about Continuum delivering time travel shenanigans but I just finished s3 and well they had all of the time travel shenanigans.

zoux fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Aug 4, 2014

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

raditts posted:

Hahah, what the gently caress? Is that show a comedy or what, because I thought it was supposed to be a crime show with a bizarre name.

I'd say it's kind of like Castle, but without the romance.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

zoux posted:

So now that The Killing is over and ignoring the marketing foofaraw, is it worth watching the whole thing?

Skip the first 2 seasons or just don't even bother, really.

edit: Catching up on the last couple episodes of Wilfred, I'm really disappointed they changed the actors for Bruce and Ryan's mother. Are Dwight Yoakam and Mary Steenburgen too good for FXX or something?

The Duke fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Aug 4, 2014

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The first one was intentional, I think, and Steenburgen was probably too busy with season 6 of Justified.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zoux posted:

Absolutely. Watch it all, you don't want to miss a moment.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Bown posted:

The first one was intentional, I think, and Steenburgen was probably too busy with season 6 of Justified.

Whose she playing on Justified? I need to catch up with that.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

She's the wife of a dead crimeboss. She's working with Boyd and Wynn Duffy.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Mu Zeta posted:

Wynn Duffy

That dude is still alive? (Only seen up to Season 3.)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
She's a criminal associated with Wynn Duffy. I think the widow of someone he was associated with? Season 5 wasn't great but the even seasons theory definitely applies to Justified so far so 6 should be awesome, especially considering it's the last one.

edit: Wynn Duffy will always survive. He's like a cockroach.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Lycus posted:

That dude is still alive? (Only seen up to Season 3.)

My man Wynn will certainly outlive Boyd and maybe even Raylan.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Deadpool posted:

I never ever want the context for this. Just let my imagination have this one please.
I don't think there is any way to sufficiently explain the context anyway.

hcreight posted:

As fun as the Sharknado movies are, the bulk of The Asylum's catalog is still hot garbage and not even enjoyable as B movies. Tread with caution.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I really liked their Sherlock Holmes one actually.

Why is there a dinosaur?

FilthyImp posted:

I just found out that Animation Domination HD got shitcanned.

Its a shame, because their animated shorts were pretty damned good poo poo.
Were they really?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hahah that Sherlock cover is literally the season 8 Doctor Who premiere

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Bown posted:

Holy gently caress! I'm so happy I'm not the only one that thought of this. It's looks to be about the same loving quality too.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Somebody stabbed Slim Charles.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Manhattan is better than The Strain and The Leftovers combined. Too bad most people don't get/have no idea what WGN is.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Cardboard Box A posted:

Were they really?
Scientifically Accurate (X) was good from day one. They had some pretty decent ones (Captain America Statistics).

It scratched my Liquid TV itch. Though it relied a bit on nerdy humor.

I think the biggest problem was launching with High School USA. That's a show that was just uneven enough to put people off. Plus, the block would have needed a while to establish itself (and unlike AS, didn't have the luxury of acquiring third-party stuff to bolster itself).

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Fateo McMurray posted:

Manhattan is better than The Strain and The Leftovers combined. Too bad most people don't get/have no idea what WGN is.

IMDB posted:

Set against the backdrop of the greatest clandestine race against time in the history of science with the mission to build the world's first atomic bomb in Los Alamos, New Mexico. Flawed scientists and their families attempt to co-exist in a world where secrets and lies infiltrate every aspect of their lives.

Sounds like a dark gritty prequel of Eureka.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fateo McMurray posted:

WGN is the channel Arrow is on when my CTD HD feed is out.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Ravane posted:

IMDB posted:

Set against the backdrop of the greatest clandestine race against time in the history of science with the mission to build the world's first atomic bomb in Los Alamos, New Mexico. Flawed scientists and their families attempt to co-exist in a world where secrets and lies infiltrate every aspect of their lives.

Is Richard Feynman a character in it? If he's in it, going around safecracking Top Secret filing cabinets for a laugh, then I'm sold.

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire
I think WGN has baseball games and reruns of Family Matters.

Granted, I think I last watched it 10 years ago, so it probably has reruns of Family Guy now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

thexerox123 posted:

Is Richard Feynman a character in it? If he's in it, going around safecracking Top Secret filing cabinets for a laugh, then I'm sold.

I think I saw something about how they're avoiding doing anything with real people for some reason.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wait so they're making a historical show with zero historical figures?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

zoux posted:

Wait so they're making a historical show with zero historical figures?

Oppenheimer is a minor character

Also no, they're avoiding misattributing major scientific advancements to people who don't exist, so there's this very dark sense of cynicism to the entire proceedings because you know that fundamentally none of them will succeed, despite the entire main cast chock full of geniuses.

Anyways yes, the show is absolutely incredible and is a must watch, then main character is played by an absolutely incredible actor

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I just want a Manhattan Projects TV show.

Infinite Oppenheimer
alien Enrico Fermi
Albrecht Einstein
FDR AI
cyborg Von Braun
the atomic skeleton of Harry Daghlian
Richard Feynman... pretty much the same.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Cardboard Box A posted:

Why is there a dinosaur

A better question is "why the gently caress not."
Maybe Sherlock is exploring the mysteries of Jurassic Park! I'm never going to find out, because the actual movie can't possibly live up to that cover.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Bown posted:

Well, Gareth David-Lloyd is Watson...

raditts posted:

A better question is "why the gently caress not."
Maybe Sherlock is exploring the mysteries of Jurassic Park! I'm never going to find out, because the actual movie can't possibly live up to that cover.

It almost can.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Cardboard Box A posted:

Why is there a dinosaur?

Also it has Spring Heel Jack as Victorian Iron Man.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Cardboard Box A posted:

Why is there a dinosaur?
Seriously, the giant squid and the fire-breathing dragon, I get. But what's up with the dinosaur?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It might be a different Asylum film I'm thinking of, but apparently none of that appears in the movie.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I haven't seen this weeks leftovers et, but I'm guessing it's going to completely own and rule hardcore, just like every episode before it

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

I haven't seen this weeks leftovers et, but I'm guessing it's going to completely own and rule hardcore, just like every episode before it

It's a very good episode.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

ShakeZula posted:

It's a very good episode.

Not a surprise being that it's the best drama currently airing and easily one of the best of the year, but all the same good to hear

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Not a surprise being that it's the best drama currently airing and easily one of the best of the year, but all the same good to hear

Stop posting about that show in this thread. Not everyone though, just you.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The cold open at least is comically awful.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Deadpool posted:

Thank God.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Now That's What I Call Modding vol. 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
For all the Leftovers talk going on in this thread, I still don't know what the show's about or why anyone would think its good. I mean, I know a bunch of people disappear and poo poo, but.. so what?

edit: besides the fact that its on HBO, which seems to be enough to give even the worst show a prestige bump.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 4, 2014

• Locked thread