Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
That finish is still really great. I completely forgot about midcard babyface HHH but he was definitely over, and MSG came unglued when he won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
WHERE'S TAKER

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

fart blood posted:

That finish is still really great. I completely forgot about midcard babyface HHH but he was definitely over, and MSG came unglued when he won.

Yeah, that pop when Trips wins is one of my all-time favorites.

E: This is the best 'Taker theme.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Do you think a single person watches these older pay per views and thinks "Well drat if only the camera was constantly zooming in and out and shaking, that is what this is missing"

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
And Stone Cold's concussed.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Ribsauce posted:

Do you think a single person watches these older pay per views and thinks "Well drat if only the camera was constantly zooming in and out and shaking, that is what this is missing"

Watching old PPVs and Raws really shows how lovely the camera work has become these days.

Oh poo poo, Faith No More guy is in the front row for SS'98. loving awesome.

That loving kid grabbing Kane's glove. lol.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Austin looks completely out of it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ribsauce posted:

I bet Kevin Dunn does.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
You know what would have been good and cool?

If you could have watched the build to this PPV.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Daniel Bryan posted:

You know what would have been good and cool?

If you could have watched the build to this PPV.

They should bookend this broadcast with the Raws that aired before/after it, but hey. Maybe someday.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
JR saying "WHAT A WHIP" over and over is really funny to me for some reason.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Undertaker was cool but his matches just weren't that great in this period.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Austin getting legit KO'd early on certainly didn't help.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Never noticed the young mother with two kids decked out in Cena gear looking very uncomfortable as he gets his rear end kicked and bleeds all over the place.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I watched Summerslam '92 on the network the other day because it has Bret's favorite all-time match of his career on it and some of the card looked interesting.

The match is light years ahead of everything else on the card, which is good, because the card sucks poo poo. At the same time, though, today that match would be well-recognized as a complete carry job. I would still put it at about 9-10 years ahead of the rest of the WWF, though.

The second best match, by a pretty wide margin, is the Ultimate Warrior/Savage match, which is overbooked with Ric Flair and Mr. Perfect trolling everyone and ends in bullshit.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Bulldog was allegedly on crack during the match. I don't remember if it was in Brets book or I read it somewhere else.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The American Dream posted:

Bulldog was allegedly on crack during the match. I don't remember if it was in Brets book or I read it somewhere else.

Yeah Bret said he was completely tweaked and Bret was worried all night that Bulldog would ruin the match somehow.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Tuned in for the first time in awhile to catch Malenko/Rey from Nitro. I'm sad because for a second I thought they actually added episodes of Nitro and was playing one randomly on the network :(

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

They play that Rey/Malenko match all the time.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Tuning into the Network right now, and they're playing a mini documentary on Golddust. It's interesting, Dustin actually talks about how he didn't want to do all the "weird" stuff since he's a good ol' Texas boy, but the first time he felt up Savio the crowd went ballistic and called him homosexual slurs. So then he was into it since he saw it was easy heat.

I kinda expected them to kinda whitewash all that.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Huh, my stream appears to be 8-bit. That's new.

...wait, Zeb is a bad racist again instead of a good racist?

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 6, 2014

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
One night double-turn? :wtf: is this?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Woo racism's back.

ed: blue with red isn't as good as the black w/silhouette

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Aw, Titus was so excited about SlaterGator last night.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

I'm confused as to why they'd bring the Dust Bros back for this, but on the other hand GO HEATH!!!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
SlaterGator wins?! :psyduck:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

SamuraiFoochs posted:

SlaterGator wins?! :psyduck:

Holy poo poo.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Conniving. Piece. Of trash.

:geno:

Man, Eden's pronunciation of "daaaaeeeyvas" really irks me.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 6, 2014

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Man, Eden's pronunciation of "daaaaeeeyvas" really irks me.
All the announcers do it. Hell, they even do it in the bloody games. It's the most grating poo poo, but it seems to be here to stay.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It looks like Swagger is wearing a girdle under his singlet.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
As awful as that Lion's Den match was, I wish that Vince or Shane would start their own MMA league with a larger version of that cage. Angled walls and the ref on the top is a cool visual.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Call Me Charlie posted:

As awful as that Lion's Den match was, I wish that Vince or Shane would start their own MMA league with a larger version of that cage. Angled walls and the ref on the top is a cool visual.

I actually thought the first one was pretty good. It was a fun bit of something different if nothing else.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Summerslam 2002 is on right now and the HHH-HBK match is up in a few minutes if anyone is interested

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
It looks like they are now going to be doing Smackdown in chronological order beginning this week. The second and third episodes are about to be added in a few days. That would be neat BUT kind of useless without Raw in the same period.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
I just had the magic luck tonight to see the PPV I was already going to watch (SS '02) already playing on the live stream.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Randy Orton's debut just aired on the Network. Never realized how the OVW guys all basically wrestled the exact same. Randy was good though.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
Bash at the Beach 1999 is opening with a dance contest. Why did WCW go under again?

Edit: Tony Schiavone just called Sonny Onoo a "tremendous karate fighter". Wasn't that a toy that the WWF sponsored around that time?

JPrime fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 11, 2014

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Awesome, this is right around the time when WCW really begins to circle the drain. I hope this inspires some of you to start your own WCW death tour, especially if this is your first time watching it.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
Oh my God. Mills Lane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Wow this has been poo poo. Also, Bischoff's last PPV he booked of his original WCW run.

• Locked thread