Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

ChikoDemono posted:

Hey Tsurupettan, can you link this http://imgur.com/a/Y0Zh7 to my name in the OP? It's an image gallery of alt accounts I have available. I'll update it when I get more.

Done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Brood posted:

Dang, if I wasn't managing two US accounts already, I'd grab that first one. Kirin AND Apollo to start is just great.

Kirin, Apollo AND Orochi. Farm yourself up a green golem and a bubblie and you got a team that'll take you well into the endgame.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Those are some drat good alt accounts, especially the one with Kirin.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I think I was on hiatus or whatever last time the mystic dragons were around but my god does Bane make the mystic dark dragon dungeon a complete joke. How viable is max skilling a Persephone or are the drops absurdly rare? Either way I think I'll be max skilling a Nebradisk and the experience isn't bad either.

Edit: drop rate not invade

Thinking fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Aug 4, 2014

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

93tu posted:

I think I was on hiatus or whatever last time the mystic dragons were around but my god does Bane make the mystic dark dragon dungeon a complete joke. How viable is max skilling a Persephone or are the drops absurdly rare? Either way I think I'll be max skilling a Nebradisk and the experience isn't bad either.

Edit: drop rate not invade

There is a survey dungeon that drops Persephone's skill-up monster, that's a much better way to skill her up. But, if you are planning to skill the nebra then getting a few skill ups for her is a nice bonus. Remember that all the dragons in nebra's set share the same skill so you can skill him up with the other ones.

Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003
One - You lock the target

ChikoDemono posted:

Hey cool, EU has one of those special dungeons that give out present eggs.

Got the fire one. Not sure if it's just for the three colors, but here's a list of sayings to figure out which is which.

Hello = Fire
Good Luck = Water
Nice Job = Wood

Hey Tsurupettan, can you link this http://imgur.com/a/Y0Zh7 to my name in the OP? It's an image gallery of alt accounts I have available. I'll update it when I get more.

Took me 10 attempts to get the red one this morning but at least now my Ronia will be max level at last.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

trucutru posted:

There is a survey dungeon that drops Persephone's skill-up monster, that's a much better way to skill her up. But, if you are planning to skill the nebra then getting a few skill ups for her is a nice bonus. Remember that all the dragons in nebra's set share the same skill so you can skill him up with the other ones.

By the look of it all the busty mystic dragons have a new active skill which is also shared between busty mystics, and they're all used as evolution fodder for each other. I might just hold out until all the busty mystics come out and just hoard a bunch of them.

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

93tu posted:

By the look of it all the busty mystic dragons have a new active skill which is also shared between busty mystics, and they're all used as evolution fodder for each other. I might just hold out until all the busty mystics come out and just hoard a bunch of them.

I've read reports that the fusion of the other mystics dragons during the ultimate evolution has a normal chance of triggering skill ups but that, since these skill ups are applied after the evolution, they lower the cooldown of the new active skill of the busty dragon.

So it's a good idea to wait for an event before bustying the mystic dragons.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Well, it's about time.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Green/dark? Devil type?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well, two hours left on Batman and the drop rate was up so I decided to take a whack at Master level for a Joker (Legend just wrecks me). Got Joker for a Stone, which is satisfactory for me.

Is that all the types now?

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

Mog posted:

Last time Hera was up I mostly cruised through about 8 runs with my Horus team, no delay, only failed once (0/8 skill-ups). This time I took a Kirin team (Kirin/Apollo/Bubbly/Grodin/Siren/Kirin) and I feel like I would have to go out of my way to lose. It helps I've got 19k HP so I can take a hit from anyone except Hades, but I managed to one-shot him (and Hera) every time.

Yeah, but I assume you've got more levels and an ultimate-evolved Horus (plus that crucial move-time awakening), plus a full set of heartbreakers. Horus definitely hits a point where he can cruise through Hera, but until you've got that consistency nailed down, Lucifer is going to be more reliable.

trucutru posted:

e: Even with two survey dungeons to draw from, I believe Nebradisk is still the best source of Wicked Lady drops. Drawn Joker's survey dungeon costs 15 stamina and gives you roughly a 20-25% chance of getting an unevolved Wicked Lady, or an expected 60-75 stamina per Wicked Lady. I don't have numbers for Angelion's, but since Wicked Lady only shows up as the midboss, the odds are sure to be worse. It's probably something like 10%-15% chance of getting an evolved Wicked Lady, or something like 100-150 stamina per drop. Nebradisk is 50 stamina, but gives you a guaranteed Wicked Lady drop, 1/3rd of which are already evolved. It's less boring to run, too!

If you also need Drawn Joker/Angelion skill-ups, the survey dungeons might be better for you. Otherwise, Nebradisk is going to give you more Wicked Ladies and higher-quality trash for your stamina.

I'm completely wrong, ignore this!

opaopa13 fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Aug 4, 2014

NJ Deac
Apr 6, 2006

opaopa13 posted:

Yeah, but I assume you've got more levels and an ultimate-evolved Horus (plus that crucial move-time awakening), plus a full set of heartbreakers. Horus definitely hits a point where he can cruise through Hera, but until you've got that consistency nailed down, Lucifer is going to be more reliable.

Even with two survey dungeons to draw from, I believe Nebradisk is still the best source of Wicked Lady drops. Drawn Joker's survey dungeon costs 15 stamina and gives you roughly a 20-25% chance of getting an unevolved Wicked Lady, or an expected 60-75 stamina per Wicked Lady. I don't have numbers for Angelion's, but since Wicked Lady only shows up as the midboss, the odds are sure to be worse. It's probably something like 10%-15% chance of getting an evolved Wicked Lady, or something like 100-150 stamina per drop. Nebradisk is 50 stamina, but gives you a guaranteed Wicked Lady drop, 1/3rd of which are already evolved. It's less boring to run, too!

If you also need Drawn Joker/Angelion skill-ups, the survey dungeons might be better for you. Otherwise, Nebradisk is going to give you more Wicked Ladies and higher-quality trash for your stamina.

Nebradisk doesn't give a guaranteed drop - the evolved wicked lady appears on two different floors with a pair of werewolves each time. Random unevolved wicked ladies appear on the other waves. So you pay 50 stamina for a 44% chance of an evolved wicked lady (66% * 2), and about a 10% chance of two, and a very small chance for an unevolved one. In contrast, the fairlio dungeon is only 15 stamina, and all of the wicked ladies that drop there are evolved.

Nebradisk is better than DJ, but the Fairlio survey dungeon is light years ahead of both Nebradisk and DJ.

NJ Deac fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Aug 4, 2014

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I decided to put a bunch of green xp into Amitaka yesterday. I've got everyone to 60-70 now. I figured Amitaka and Chu Cu can switch out sometimes. Chu Cu is max skilled but Amitaka makes hearts and green orbs. Plus deals light damage along with Michael (no ult yet) and Artemis. I also run Perseus and Freyja

I've got a Griffin hanging out but I need trifruits to get the ult. I feel like my Cao Cao team does a shitload of damage but I also think it probably need more levels before I can do trifruits. Everything is only about 50 and it's not very REM heavy.

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

NJ Deac posted:

Nebradisk doesn't give a guaranteed drop - the evolved wicked lady appears on two different floors with a pair of werewolves each time. Random unevolved wicked ladies appear on the other waves. So you pay 50 stamina for a 44% chance of an evolved wicked lady (66% * 2), and about a 10% chance of two, and a very small chance for an unevolved one. In contrast, the fairlio dungeon is only 15 stamina, and all of the wicked ladies that drop there are evolved.

Nebradisk is better than DJ, but the Fairlio survey dungeon is light years ahead of both Nebradisk and DJ.

Arg, I was thinking of Gabriel skill-ups. Sorry about that.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

Figures they release this right after I finally get myself a CuChulainn.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Why pad, why? :negative:

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Thanks to everyone that added me. It really sped up the leveling process.

On another note I hit rank 20. Is there anyone that haven't done their present egg exchange yet and would like to?

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer
I was hoping I could get some ideas for where I should be going with my teams now.

Pad is here https://www.padherder.com/user/SAFinagle

On the advice earlier, I've been pretty focused on the Cao Cao team. The suggestion then was a tri-color devil team. I couldn't get any Devils (except for the light one I just pulled) so I've been rolling with
Cao Cao
Rowdy Red Samurai Goblin
Mid Fire Ninja
Mid Water Ninja
Phoenix

After rolling Dragons of the Tower allll weeeekeennnnd I'm finally up to rank 58. Cleared Castle of Satan as well. I'm having a lot of trouble with HP though. I'm guessing its just due to my team comp/levels, but I struggled a lot in CoS and my one attempt at the first Tower of Flare level.

I guess my questions are:
1) When does Dragons of the Tower stop being the best xp/stam dungeon to rank up on? Is it still the best to lava tubes?
2) What should I be looking for to add to the team? Gods, I gather, but (unless I'm missing something) those only come from endgame dungeons or the REM. What can I use to get myself there? I do have a fire slime dude I need to evo into a king flammie, would I replace the water ninja with him?
3) What are survey dungeons?
4) Why is this stupid game so fun?

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

Anyone get a green Zhuge that has him up a decent amount of the time? I leveled mine with the emerald yesterday and am working on awakening him, but I have zero friends that run him. My friend code is 314,879,299 and I've got plenty of slots. :3:

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

Velveteen posted:

On another note I hit rank 20. Is there anyone that haven't done their present egg exchange yet and would like to?

I've never had one, but only because I've been given Lv 20 accounts with nice leaders, I guess there may be more deserving cases here.

-edit-
Actually, I gave mine back to Chiko as he gave me the account(s) ignore me

Yermaw Zahoor fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 4, 2014

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

Velveteen posted:

I haven't sent my present egg yet. My friend code is 380 312 395. What's yours?

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
"Put something in otherwise you get stupid newbie"

Finagle posted:

I was hoping I could get some ideas for where I should be going with my teams now.

On the advice earlier, I've been pretty focused on the Cao Cao team. The suggestion then was a tri-color devil team. I couldn't get any Devils (except for the light one I just pulled) so I've been rolling with
Cao Cao
Rowdy Red Samurai Goblin
Mid Fire Ninja
Mid Water Ninja
Phoenix

After rolling Dragons of the Tower allll weeeekeennnnd I'm finally up to rank 58. Cleared Castle of Satan as well. I'm having a lot of trouble with HP though. I'm guessing its just due to my team comp/levels, but I struggled a lot in CoS and my one attempt at the first Tower of Flare level.

I guess my questions are:
1) When does Dragons of the Tower stop being the best xp/stam dungeon to rank up on? Is it still the best to lava tubes?
2) What should I be looking for to add to the team? Gods, I gather, but (unless I'm missing something) those only come from endgame dungeons or the REM. What can I use to get myself there? I do have a fire slime dude I need to evo into a king flammie, would I replace the water ninja with him?
3) What are survey dungeons?
4) Why is this stupid game so fun?

1. On weekends, it's actually (slightly) better than Lava Tubes, people just do Lava Tubes (and other tier 5s) because it's less annoying than Dragons of the Tower and you get some monster xp for sub 30ish monsters and can also drop Metal Kings for the odd chunk of decent XP for higher level stuff.
2. If you're going an attacker team, you'll want a skilled up Rowdy Red Samurai Goblin (or maybe more than one) since it'll fuel your red orbs. The reason to bring non-fire attackers was just so you could attack even when you didnt have red orbs, and not having red orbs will be less of a problem with a max skill rowdy (or two, or three, or four) and as you are clearing more trash orbs each round through better puzzling. Beyond that, just check the weekly or "survey" dungeons (see below) to see if they have any red attackers, maybe with good stats or a useful skill, and then snag one (and skill it up if feasible). You will also eventually want a King Flamie (skilled up, eventually) but given its stats are abysmal and you won't need the 27x burst from 2x Cao Cao + King Flamie for a while, you can work on this slowly for eventual use. Your Volcano Dragon also gains Attacker in its ultimate evo, and has an orb change (long cooldown) so you may want to direct some XP there since his stats are solid. The phoenix will also see action both now and eventually -- he has good rcv (hard to get on attackers) and his orb enhance lets you put out the bosscrushing numbers you'll eventually need in decends.
3. Survey dungeons specifically refers to dungeons which are released with skill up monsters based on the results of player surveys. IE gungho gives a list of monsters and players vote on twitter or facebook or whatever and whichever (usually two) wins, their skillup monsters are added as either trash or the boss. This also includes the Mystic Knights (all but Mystic Ice Knight), Echidna, Drawn Joker, etc. When they are first released they usually run for 2 weeks and have double drops on the first saturday and final sunday. After that they can run for 1-2 days, 1 week, or 2 weeks, with 2x drops whenever gungho feels like it.
4. If you figure out the answer to this, just come up with your own game using the same principles and become a billionaire... Also, develop a cure for the rest of us.

Zierham fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 4, 2014

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Captain Keene posted:

I haven't sent my present egg yet. My friend code is 380 312 395. What's yours?

Mine is 341,631,311. I sent a friend request

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

Velveteen posted:

Mine is 341,631,311. I sent a friend request

Friended and present sent! I pulled a present egg so thanks a ton!

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Finagle posted:

Cao Cao
Rowdy Red Samurai Goblin
Mid Fire Ninja
Mid Water Ninja
Phoenix

I like my red attacker Cao Cao team. I run it a lot with Ares (more HP) or Ame (more Attack) friends. I still use the Goblin. He's really easy to skill up, which is good because of orb change. I still use my red devil. He's also easy to skill up, once you get to dungeons where he drops. You can also evo 2 more devils for his awakenings. He has a red row enhance. I'm using a Phoenix too. He has a red row enhance awakening too. I got 3 extra Phoenix when the dungeon he drops in came around to awaken the first. I used my red ninja for a long time. He's got a low team cost so that's nice. I didn't get King Flamie because I have another god, Freyr, who buffs red instead of attackers. I got everything up to level 50 and it can run a lot of content.

Edit: The Flame Dragon Knight dungeon has ninjas, goblins and a skill up monster for Cao Cao. It has devils in the 40 and 50 cost levels too.

GoodBee fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 4, 2014

MMania
May 7, 2008
So it's looking like ult Hadar is the new hotness for non-REM dark orb enhance. Row/prong/skill awakenings, 15 turn CD when skilled up using a non-evolved, 100% drop boss. Easy awakenings if you can zero-stone gold keeper.

Canopus is pretty much crappy ult. Athena, though. He really should be Balanced so Chu Chu/ult Frejya could get an on-type orb enhance.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Captain Keene posted:

Friended and present sent! I pulled a present egg so thanks a ton!

I sent you a return gift too. Thanks!

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

Hooray my last minute pull on the BatREM last night netted me a second D/D Batman who I will wisely leave unevo'd this time as a great low-cost leader. Maybe I'll finally try some of those cost-limited descends.

Aghama
Jul 24, 2002

We eat fish, tossed salads

MMania posted:

So it's looking like ult Hadar is the new hotness for non-REM dark orb enhance. Row/prong/skill awakenings, 15 turn CD when skilled up using a non-evolved, 100% drop boss. Easy awakenings if you can zero-stone gold keeper.
250 stamina per awakening (assuming you'd farm the Hadar for skillups anyway) doesn't sound very efficient to me.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Aghama posted:

250 stamina per awakening (assuming you'd farm the Hadar for skillups anyway) doesn't sound very efficient to me.

Actually the awakenings are retroactive, the mechdragons already drop ready to be awoken. If you feed 4 hadars to one then ulti him he will have all of them. So its 250 stam for a fully awoken Hadar.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
Is there a solid place for light pendra? I have like 20 gold dragons sitting in my box and I have multiple Light mouths to feed.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
"Put something in otherwise you get stupid newbie"

Dante Logos posted:

Is there a solid place for light pendra? I have like 20 gold dragons sitting in my box and I have multiple Light mouths to feed.

Only place for them is Pengdra Village.

Edit: Didn't realize one of the final technicals could drop them -- listen to Chiko below.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Nope. Either Pengdra Village or a 40 stamina technical dungeon.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Dante Logos posted:

Baby tamadras are probably a better use for those. At least that's what I tell myself to avoid falling off the pengdra wagon.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Speaking of which have we been getting more Gold dungeons recently? It felt like we went through like a month or something a while back without one and now we're getting it what, weekly/bi-weekly?

shiatza
May 15, 2005

Anyone have a link to some of those websites where you can find friends in JP?

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

shiatza posted:

Anyone have a link to some of those websites where you can find friends in JP?

http://pazudora-friend.com/

http://pad.skyozora.com/

I think http://www.puzzledragonx.com/ also has a friend finder for Japanese servers, as well.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

"Cumbersome registration process is hassle-free! "

Dontcha just love google translate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakus
Oct 21, 2000
How do awoken skills work for ult evos that change the skills? E.g. I have a non-ult evo'd Horus. I'll probably do the R/R evo before the R/L . If I get the R/R awoken skills, when I reverse it then go R/L will he keep them?

Also, is there a site that helps you optimize which creature to feed? It would be nice if on e.g. padherder it could tell me which creature in each team is the most efficient to feed (both on vs off-color), in that some gain stats faster than others. Right now I just try to feed based upon being on-color.

• Locked thread