Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Quid, where are you at? It's been almost 3 days since you posted at all and 6 since you were really active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Hey Hal, I was just about to send out the search dogs for you and Quid. Glad to see at least one of you is alive.

I agree that the timing on Asiina's claim is quite convenient now that the doc and cop are dead. I also don't like that both Asiina and GZ seem to have really insubstantial opinions on each other, since I am suspicious of the both of them, eg

These opinions of each other seem really wishy-washy and I am suspicious they are scum together. I also still don't like kaschei's popping up in thread with a token defence of himself only to disappear again without giving any opinions.

I'm not sure why you are giving Hal a pass for only showing up to give a defense of himself, while at the same time being annoyed kaschei did it.

Also it's Day 3. I waited two nights to see if anyone would visit me but got nothing. I don't see how it's convenient now that the cop and doctor are dead because I would never expect them to out themselves to confirm a weird self-watcher role. I would also never out them either. That's the hard part of my role and why I said that I'm not sure how to play it. The only way I see it could be useful would be to get visited and then watch for that person to later make a fake claim. Except I would imagine scum would claim something other than VT to account for possible watchers/trackers. Sorry I don't know how to be effective? Assuming I'm telling the truth and this is my role, how would you have played it?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Asiina, old friend, I only post in bursts because I'm currently engaged in a cross-country drive where I spend most of the day behind the wheel which I find isn't conducive to playing mafia, then I generally fall asleep as soon as I stop. I probably should have asked for a replacement but I haven't asked for one in 234 games or whatever so I hate to break that streak.

I find your points against me to be not so good. I don't see how you've shown me to be "forcing" my point about those who were against the Foo lynch. It's a valid point and your weak attempts to discredit it do you no good. Then you attempt to use me calling Foo a badguy as a point against me as well. That was not a mistake either. A survivor-vig is indeed a danger to town, and I would never trust a survivor who wasn't myself or yuming to be siding with the town. I stand by what I said.

I also don't trust your claim very much. Very easy to claim self-watcher when the likely only town power roles are dead, and I don't think that's a very effective town power in a game this size where you might have one scum role it would be effective against. I'd find that role to be more useful for a scum player in a game like this. Plus I don't like you using it as an excuse to dismiss scummy behavior on your part. Combine that with the fact that you are all over me with a bad case knowing I'm an easy target since I've been pretty absent this game and I'm feeling quite good with a ##vote asiina

Okay so first of all I never said it was an excuse to act scummy. I very specifically said that I was not trying to act scummy, just be active.

Asiina posted:

For the record I wasn't trying to act scummy specifically, although I was trying to be active and get some attention so that people might think of me for their night actions on either side.

But alas I'm just a sad lonely lego sitting in the corner of the bedroom, with no friends or enemies.

Second, I think it's easy to target anyone who isn't on a turbo or doesn't want a turbo as saying they have knowledge of the flip when you know you're not going to get any flak for being wrong on a D1 turbo. I think you knew this and set it up before Foo flipped so that you could go back and point fingers at people.

Also I'm not picking on you because you've been absent, c'mon now. Most of the people here have been absent. Quid and kaschei have barely posted anything either. That's a really lazy excuse to dismiss my case, even in part.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:justpost:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm postin' as much as I can!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I will drag some content out of this game if it kills me.

Who is online right now. Let us chat.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I will drag some content out of this game if it kills me.

Who is online right now. Let us chat.

I'm on. But, I don't know that us chatting accomplishes anything. I had resolved not to post until some of the super lurkers came forward since I was sick of being one of the only active folks. At least until closer to deadline.

Since you prompted me to post though, my current feelings haven't changed much:

Zebu still seems scum to me, he didn't come forward with any response to my last call out on him. He is unwilling to back up his claim with research. But he has been to the thread and answered FV. Scum.

Hal's response to you sounded like a bunch of bullshit to me, so he's probably still my #2. Although again, he's right that you seem scummy, but I'm still choosing to believe your claim.

I'm currently thinking FV is town.

I'm starting to get really worried about my town read on Quid given his continued absence. It is looking more and more suspicious. If he hasn't posted by tonight I'll probably be willing to change my tune on him.

I still can't read Kasch at all, but there isn't much to work with. I always think lurkers are scum, so I could be swayed here, for the same reasons I might be swayed on Quid. Has anyone else played with him before? Is this how he always is, or is this unusual?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quid's level of activity is not really indicative of alignment. He posts plenty as scum if he has the time to. The best way to tell his alignment is either to press him and see how he reacts, or sometimes you can tell from his tone. He can be very aggressive and pushy as scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

I'm not sure why you are giving Hal a pass for only showing up to give a defense of himself, while at the same time being annoyed kaschei did it.

Also it's Day 3. I waited two nights to see if anyone would visit me but got nothing. I don't see how it's convenient now that the cop and doctor are dead because I would never expect them to out themselves to confirm a weird self-watcher role. I would also never out them either. That's the hard part of my role and why I said that I'm not sure how to play it. The only way I see it could be useful would be to get visited and then watch for that person to later make a fake claim. Except I would imagine scum would claim something other than VT to account for possible watchers/trackers. Sorry I don't know how to be effective? Assuming I'm telling the truth and this is my role, how would you have played it?

Okay so first of all I never said it was an excuse to act scummy. I very specifically said that I was not trying to act scummy, just be active.

Second, I think it's easy to target anyone who isn't on a turbo or doesn't want a turbo as saying they have knowledge of the flip when you know you're not going to get any flak for being wrong on a D1 turbo. I think you knew this and set it up before Foo flipped so that you could go back and point fingers at people.

Also I'm not picking on you because you've been absent, c'mon now. Most of the people here have been absent. Quid and kaschei have barely posted anything either. That's a really lazy excuse to dismiss my case, even in part.

I guess I would do nothing in particular with your role, it seems sort of pointless in this game. I don't even get why you claimed at this point.

I also don't know what else to say about your case on me. It seems to be based on me not saying much (not a scumtell for me) and you thinking I'm "fake" when I say people defending Foo are suspicious even though I provided reasoning.

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Man, I still think you are putting words in my mouth/lying about my positions. Can you quote where I felt THAT strongly about Quidnose that it seemed like this amazing sudden turnaround when I called him towney? You may want to pay attention to timestamps and the other relevant conversation at the time too. I'd appreciate it if you did the research this time rather then misremembering things(if that is what is really happening).

All I did was point out what our nightkilled cop had as positions in case it was relevant, and went ahead and threw my weight behind voting one of them. If you listen to just about anyone else they say that was some weak poo poo and had no merit or weight behind it. So for you to claim that it was this amazing witch hunt that I was on and then suddenly about faced is ridiculous.

Also, while rereading things to answer GZ, I read this quote again and it pissed me the gently caress off.

I feel like the only one still putting any effort into this thing while the rest of you loving spout off things that you can spend 10 seconds thinking of without doing any loving research.

If it isn't valued, gently caress you all, I'll stop wasting my god drat time on you fucks.

You're saying that I accused you of an "amazing sudden turnaround" and a "witch hunt" and asking me to justify those accusations, when what I said was "you sort of flipped over from having serious questions about quid to feeling pretty good about quid without any clear reason". I think you're mischaracterizing me pretty badly. I guess you could claim that your questions about quid weren't "pretty serious" but this seems like hair splitting to me.

Anyway, when I first read this post, my reaction was to think that my read is wrong and you're probably not actually scum, mostly because of how angry you're getting and how personally you're taking things. It doesn't feel made up to me. I didn't say anything at the time, probably because I didn't want to give up on my read, but that's no way to play.

##unvote

Now I'm not sure where I'm at. I don't know wtf to make of kaschei's case on opop yesterday. I kind of assumed it was an inside joke that was going over my head. The point about the convenience of asiina's claim coming only after we lost the cop and doc has me wondering. If it was meant to throw people off of her, it did at least deflect me and burgundy. I'm suspicious of Quidnose (his D1 posting reads like a wall of noise to me) but there's not a lot to go on. Still, I think he's my best candidate.

##vote quidnose

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I had a show I was directing open last Friday and have been busy since. Will do a reread later today cause I'm currently in a car being driven places.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Quidnose posted:

I had a show I was directing open last Friday and have been busy since. Will do a reread later today cause I'm currently in a car being driven places.

Congratulations, in any case.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I agree that the timing on Asiina's claim is quite convenient now that the doc and cop are dead. I also don't like that both Asiina and GZ seem to have really insubstantial opinions on each other, since I am suspicious of the both of them, eg

I don't get this - what does Asiina gain as scum with this claim? A self-watching scum would make sense, but why even bother announcing this with both the cop and the doc gone?

I don't really get why Asiina decided to announce it other than being frustrated at being useless, but I really don't think it was for townie cred.

In a game with the 3p dead and no flipped scum, this is not scum play to me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Asiina, old friend, I only post in bursts because I'm currently engaged in a cross-country drive where I spend most of the day behind the wheel which I find isn't conducive to playing mafia, then I generally fall asleep as soon as I stop. I probably should have asked for a replacement but I haven't asked for one in 234 games or whatever so I hate to break that streak.

I find your points against me to be not so good. I don't see how you've shown me to be "forcing" my point about those who were against the Foo lynch. It's a valid point and your weak attempts to discredit it do you no good. Then you attempt to use me calling Foo a badguy as a point against me as well. That was not a mistake either. A survivor-vig is indeed a danger to town, and I would never trust a survivor who wasn't myself or yuming to be siding with the town. I stand by what I said.

I also don't trust your claim very much. Very easy to claim self-watcher when the likely only town power roles are dead, and I don't think that's a very effective town power in a game this size where you might have one scum role it would be effective against. I'd find that role to be more useful for a scum player in a game like this. Plus I don't like you using it as an excuse to dismiss scummy behavior on your part. Combine that with the fact that you are all over me with a bad case knowing I'm an easy target since I've been pretty absent this game and I'm feeling quite good with a ##vote asiina

Again, with not getting Asiina's claim as a scum move, I don't like how much emphasis Hal is putting on this. Like, an entire paragraph about nothing other than "your claim is suspicious." It's far too many words.

I have meta "me & Hal have played a bunch of games together" reasons for not liking his callout on me, but that is probably less interesting to everyone.

I would probably be OK with a Hal vote based on how fake this post feels.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

greatZebu posted:

You're saying that I accused you of an "amazing sudden turnaround" and a "witch hunt" and asking me to justify those accusations, when what I said was "you sort of flipped over from having serious questions about quid to feeling pretty good about quid without any clear reason". I think you're mischaracterizing me pretty badly. I guess you could claim that your questions about quid weren't "pretty serious" but this seems like hair splitting to me.

Anyway, when I first read this post, my reaction was to think that my read is wrong and you're probably not actually scum, mostly because of how angry you're getting and how personally you're taking things. It doesn't feel made up to me. I didn't say anything at the time, probably because I didn't want to give up on my read, but that's no way to play.

##unvote

Now I'm not sure where I'm at. I don't know wtf to make of kaschei's case on opop yesterday. I kind of assumed it was an inside joke that was going over my head. The point about the convenience of asiina's claim coming only after we lost the cop and doc has me wondering. If it was meant to throw people off of her, it did at least deflect me and burgundy. I'm suspicious of Quidnose (his D1 posting reads like a wall of noise to me) but there's not a lot to go on. Still, I think he's my best candidate.

##vote quidnose

I don't like the way that Zebu backs off from Burgundy with a "shh shh, there there, it's ok," and I don't know why he's voting for me besides "lazy."

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah, Zebu calls me out as marginally suspicious once and then never mentions me again, and never comes back to that beyond "I had a wall of noise." And his vote on me is waffling to the extreme. "I mean, I don't think he's scum, but I don't really have any other people, so vote." Lazy.

##vote Zebu

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Scum found, Quidnose out~

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

greatZebu posted:

##unvote

##vote quidnose

This feels really waffly to me. Like you don't want to give too many concrete opinions in case you implicate your scum buddy, so you'll vote a lurker instead.

##vote greatzebu

-1 now.

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Yeah, Zebu calls me out as marginally suspicious once and then never mentions me again, and never comes back to that beyond "I had a wall of noise." And his vote on me is waffling to the extreme. "I mean, I don't think he's scum, but I don't really have any other people, so vote." Lazy.

##vote Zebu

not sure how you got "I don't think he's scum" from "there's not much to go on", which is what I actually said.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Yet you voted based on "there's not much to go on"

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Yet you voted based on "there's not much to go on"

I thought he seemed scummier than anyone else. There isn't much to go on because he barely posted anything after a giant flurry on D1. I think that looks pretty bad. Directing a show is a legit excuse, but I didn't know that at the time.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

So he has a legit excuse but you didn't remove your vote?

Do you still think he is scum?

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So he has a legit excuse but you didn't remove your vote?

Do you still think he is scum?

What? He has a legit excuse for inactivity, but that sure as hell doesn't make him town. I'm an easy target because I changed my tune on kb, but I'd rather be blamed for waffling than try to stand behind a case I don't believe any more. Quid just waltzed in and decided to capitalize on my change in position, blatantly misquoting me in the process. He also laid down a nice "Hal has too many words" backup plan in case that didn't work out. I'm fine with my vote where it is.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Except I didn't misquote you, I actually summarized what you said.

Happy with my vote!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

greatZebu (3): King Burgundy, Quidnose, fiery_valkyrie
Quidnose (1): greatZebu
Hal Incandenza (1): Asiina
Asiina (1): Hal Incandenza
kaschei (0): fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie
King Burgundy (0): greatZebu, greatZebu

Not Voting (1): kaschei

There are 7 living players. It takes 4 votes to lynch!

The current deadline is August 05th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 11 hours, 30 minutes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I just want to point out that Zebu has been at -1 for a long time. I'm assuming there are only 2 or so scum in this game based on how small the game is and that we also had a 3P. (someone can correct me if that is a bad assumption) Based on that, even if no other town jumped on this vote, if Zebu was town, I would have expected a scum hammer to finish him off. Since we haven't gotten one, to me that indicates we are probably very much on the right track.

Bottom line is either 2 of the 3 votes on him right now are scum, which I view as SUPER unlikely given that I know I'm town and I felt pretty good about the other two OR Zebu himself is scum as well as one of the non voters(Kasch, Hal, or Asii)

Asiina has told us how she feels about Zebu previously, but Kasch and Hal have not. I'll point out here also that Kasch came back to the thread to congratulate Quid, but still hasn't said anything useful at all to town in at least 5 real life days.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am feeling pretty neutral about Zebu, but I'll be out most of the day today, so I can hammer if Kaschei or Hal doesn't say anything so we don't miss it.

I have to go to the grocery store and will be back briefly in a few hours. If there's still nothing, I'll hammer.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Haha don't worry about me saying anything useful

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Alright gently caress it.

##vote Zebu

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: greatZebu, we hardly knew ye :(

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The boy was nearing his window! His trek was almost complete! Why was he walking to the window? Is it a mystery that the author will reveal later? MAYBE! Is it a mystery with an answer that's already been determined? Probably not. WHO CARES! The important thing is that he just stepped on another brick. THE PAIN!

It's a Red 2x4 Bri...

Wait a second.

Wait just a freakin' second.

The boy picked up the brick and studied it closely. This worksmanship...this...this is garbage! This looks downright Canadian! This must be from that cheap knockoff brick box that Uncle Lester gave him, so many summers ago. The pain in his foot was just as real as the pain in his heart.

greatZebu - Red Megablok, Megablok-Aligned Roleblokker - was stomped on Day 3!

quote:

Every night, you may submit a player's name and prevent them from taking action. Alternately, you may submit your team's nightkill.

Night 3 begins now!
Night actions in whenever you can, please - within 24 hours.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

greatZebu (4): King Burgundy, Quidnose, fiery_valkyrie, Asiina
Quidnose (1): greatZebu
Asiina (1): Hal Incandenza
Hal Incandenza (0): Asiina, Asiina
kaschei (0): fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie
King Burgundy (0): greatZebu, greatZebu

Not Voting (1): kaschei

There are 7 living players. It takes 4 votes to lynch!

The current deadline is August 05th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 8 hours, 38 minutes.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Pausing for a moment, the boy picked up another toy. He looked at it closely, glaring. "This is another one of Uncle Lester's cheap toys! ... I think?" He angrily tossed it away.

He thought...wrong.

Quidnose - Purple 2x4 Brick, Lego-Aligned Miller - was put away on Night 3!

quote:

If you are investigated, the result will be as if you are Megablok-Aligned.

Day 4 begins now!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (5): Asiina, fiery_valkyrie, Hal Incandenza, kaschei, King Burgundy

There are 5 living players. It takes 3 votes to lynch!

The current deadline is August 07th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 7 hours.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yay let's kill hal now.

##vote hal

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Super stoked at my first actual Mafia kill. Yay.

I'm thinking it is between Hal and Kasch. I'm currently willing to vote either before the deadline. Since it only takes 3 votes to lynch now, I'm holding off on voting until people say some stuff.

Does anyone disagree with my earlier opinion on number of scum left? Are we down to 1? If there were somehow still two left, we are at Lylo. If it is one, we could make one more mistake.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I agree KB. To me it's between kaschei, Hal or Asiina, but I just woke up so I'm going to think about it for a bit before voting.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
PS Nobody visited me last night, but I don't know that there's anybody left to visit me.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Asiina posted:

PS Nobody visited me last night, but I don't know that there's anybody left to visit me.
Please tell me that this is a hilarious slip

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
No?

I mean I suppose they could visit me for the NK but I'm not really counting that since it's not like I'd be here if there was.

Is that what you meant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I will have to reread Hal, since I haven't paid much attention to him this game, but this post reads to me like GZ trying to deflect attention from him.

greatZebu posted:

I read Hal as saying that he wouldn't have tried to turbo Foo if he'd done something notably townie, but since he hadn't Foo was fair game. That seems like a straightforward explanation to me (although i think the whole "rush of the turbo" thing is silly). I'm not sure what you're looking for, and this line of questioning seems like "hey everybody look I'm investigating" posturing that doesn't actually help clarify anything.

And then he starts his push here on KB after KB votes Hal.

greatZebu posted:

What I really don't like about this (aside from the way you're just retelling merk's votes without adding anything about your own thinking explaining why you find them persuasive) is the way you're implicitly making a list of people to kill that we should start making our way through. And you're doing it without even really arguing against any of the people on the list.

##vote King Burgundy

• Locked thread