Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Hello! This is the goon game recruitment thread. If you've just made a new play by post recruitment thread in The Game Room, feel free to link it in here with a brief description of the system, the number of players you want, timezones/play frequency (where relevant), and a general description. You can also recruit for offsite games over IRC, Skype, Roll20, Hangouts, other forums, or whatever else you want to get goons in on.

The old thread is here, we're restarting since Winson has retired. You can repost any recruits from the old thread you still need players for.

Guidelines:

1) Absolutely no discussion should be in this thread. Do not post anything other than links and descriptions in here.

2) When you have finished recruiting, please edit your post in here to indicate that recruitment is now closed.

Thanks!

Ettin fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
Game: A Roll of the Dice
System: FFG Star Wars Systems
Format: PbP
Players: 4-6
Description: A group of mercenaries have to work together with some rebels if they want to survive a wildly unlucky situation.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Game: A Completely Ordinary High-School Drama
System: Monsterhearts

Description: You've somehow become a member of a special interests club at your school which is focused on making contact with the superhuman and extra-planar. The problem is, they're already among you. In fact, they ARE you.

I promise there are no other twists.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Game: Don't Mess With Texas
System: Shadowrun 5E
Description: Let's go shadowrunning in Dallas. Bring me cowboys!

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Game: Raiment of the Stars
System: Fate Core / Camelot Trigger
Players: 4-5
Format: PBP
Description: Behold, a space fantasy mecha adventure inspired by Fire Emblem and Suikoden. Ride a giant magical stompy robot, unite the fractured Outer Realms, and defend your homeworlds from the invasion of a crusading Empire. Just be warned, there be monsters out in the Void even bigger than you.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Game: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Vagrants of the Dunesea
System: Atomic Robo RPG (FATE)
Players: 3-6
Description: A rock 'n roll journey through a post-apocalyptic wasteland filled with crazy people with superpowers and even crazier tastes in fashion. Stop making sense, start applying!

Transient People fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Aug 2, 2014

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Game: Only War of the Dead
System: Only War (modified)
Players: Up to 8
Description: Find a way to make your lovely under-equipped Reserve PDF dude survive a zombie plague and planetary invasion for the next six months... when help will finally arrive.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Game: [CYOA]Evil Overlord - Being Evil Isn't Easy. Take Two!
Players: All of them :getin: As a CYOA you can jump in at anytime.
System: CYOA
Description: Command armies of goblins. Raise hordes of undead. Terrorize the locals. Or just struggle to find enough coins in your couch cushions to bribe the local bravos into leaving you alone. The choice is yours. All the choices.

Last time the goonmind choose to be crushed into a delicious jam after being lulled into dropping their guard by a clever hero twice their size. Right now we are voting on what kind of evil overlord to play this round. It's the perfect time to join.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."
Game: In Xanadu
System: GURPS 4E
Description: A century after nuclear war and the appearance of powerful artifacts from outside of normal reality, you have been hired to guard a caravan traveling from the remnants of China to the west. But the job seems too easy for what they're paying you...

Game started.

Cardinal Ximenez fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 12, 2014

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
Game: Hearts of Blood Wood Oak and Anvil Iron
System: 13th Age
Format: roll20/skype OR maybe PBP
Description: Sail the high seas and join the Imperial navy in the war against Drakkenhall and its allies. Take, burn or destroy enemy ships, protect merchant convoys, undertake daring cutting-out expeditions, explore distant coasts, capture forts, blockade ports and more!

Pennfalath fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 4, 2014

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
Game: Spellslinger - Shootouts and sorcery in the old west
Format: Roll20 / VOIP (Skype?)
Description: It's a new world with guns and sorcery.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Game: [Conspiracy X 2E] I want to believe
System: Conspiracy X 2E
Players: 5
Description: You are members of an elite, shadow organization that protects humanity from extraterrestrial and paranormal threats, while safeguarding the knowledge that such threats exist; players are drawn from federal employees all across and North America, and even some from abroad, including ATF officers, army officials, and even CDC scientists.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Game: War of the Burning Sky
System: Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition
Format: Fantasy Grounds Ultimate (https://www.fantasygrounds.com)
Description: We're playing EN World's War of the Burning Sky adventure path, using the Fantasy Grounds virtual tabletop.

Now recruiting one player, check out the thread for details. PM me or post in the thread to claim the spot!

kaynorr fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 4, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Game: Roll to Hit FLAC0
System: Fantasy Football (no, not Blood Bowl, the other one)
Players: 10-14 minimum, more if there's interest
Description: Trad Game's fantasy football league returns for another go! Last year we had 14 teams in a standard league. This year, we might also set up an Advanced league with options like IDP, PPR, and other wacky ideas if we get enough interest.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

kaynorr posted:

Game: Dungeon Delves then Adventure Path
System: Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition
Format: Fantasy Grounds Ultimate (https://www.fantasygrounds.com)
Description: I want to start an online 4E campaign (using a published adventure path, to be determined by the players), but want to ease into both the players and the new client with some dungeon delves. Let's do 1-2 sessions of just basic fight-poo poo-get-treasure delves, then we'll start the campaign proper.

I and my one existing player are both west coast folks, so weekday starts would be around 8 PM PST. Weekend starts whenever.
How do we contact you? You haven't set up a thread, don't have PMs, and haven't given any other contact information.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

How do we contact you? You haven't set up a thread, don't have PMs, and haven't given any other contact information.

I have PMs now, completely forgot that it was A Thing. Editing the post accordingly.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kaynorr posted:

I have PMs now, completely forgot that it was A Thing. Editing the post accordingly.
Wouldn't it be easier to just make a thread? That way people who don't have PMs can contact you.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Speaking of getting in touch with people, Poison Mushroom, and hopefully this doesn't get me thrown in catjail, but when are you going to grace your SMT game with your presence again? I think the IC thread has fallen to archives and the OOC likely isn't far behind.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I actually genuinely forgot about that game. :suicide:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Not cat jailing anyone yet but the Peanut Gallery or the MIA thread is where that should go.

Ettin fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 5, 2014

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Game: [Atomic Robo] Zookeepers Wanted: Bring Your Own Shovel
System: Atomic Robo/Fate
Players: 6-ish?
Description: Godzilla was real. Ninja Turtles too. Government's keeping it all under wraps in a facility in Wyoming. You too can join this horribly underfunded department of the US Division of Fish & Wildlife Service and help stop people from being eaten. Bring a shovel.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Game: Outcasts of the Screaming Vortex
System: Black Crusade (Warhammer 40K RPG)
Format: PbP, heavy IRC support (#acolyte in synirc.net)
Players: 6-8
Description: You were once a badass follower of the Chaos Gods. Unfortunately you hosed up bad and lost everything! Slowly regain you lost glory as you survive a cursed planet of the Blood God!

frajaq fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 5, 2014

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Game: [D&D 3.5e] Sons of Gruumsh
System: 3.5 full gestalt
Format: Roll20
Players: 4
Description: A noble's son has gone missing and you have been tasked with finding him, in the process you may fight a rising orc threat, and perhaps prevent a civil war.

Are you up to this task?

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Game: The Choose Your Own Adventure Sutra: Let's Learn Magic
Players: Anyone, including and especially ~you~
System: CYOA
Description: Learn magical spells and secrets in a romp across fantasy South Asia! Highly recommended for fans of grimoires, meditation, scimitars, buffalo demons, and Choose Your Own Adventure books.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Game: The Horizon Chariot
Players: 3-4 per session, no limit on the number of applications.
System: PULP
Format: IRC
Description: There are a hundred thousand thousand worlds in the universe, and there's always trouble somewhere. Come save the day!

Thread is closed due to lack of interest.

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 11, 2014

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
Game: Star Wars: At least we're better than Stormtroopers
Players: Looking for two more players
System: FFG Star Wars AoR
Format: Roll20/Google+
Description: You are Imperial Commandos dispatched to handle all sorts of scum in the galaxy. Join up and save your Empire!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Game: A Samurai's Soul Melts In His Heart, Not His Hand!
System: FAE
Description: What if Commodore Perry was aliens and brought TVs and poo poo to feudal Japan? It turns out a lot of crazy poo poo happens, according to noted anime Gintama. Get involved in hijinx in modern feudal age Edo!

Cancelled due to lack of interest.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 13, 2014

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Game: The Red Hand of Doom vs the Adventuring Aces
Players: 1
System: D&D Tomes (3.5ish)
Description: Rerecruiting for a game of D&D seen through the lens of a Platinum Games production, as one of our players has dropped. Step right in and save the Elsir Vale and the world, and complete the uncompletable D&D module in the process!

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

Game: SIGMA Protocol: Your Authority is not Recognized
Recruiting/OOC Thread: SCANNING, PLEASE WAIT... - WELCOME TO SIGMA PROTOCOL, AGENT-
Players: 1 - 3
System: Fate Accelerate Edition
Description: Because I am a terrible, terrible DM we've had one or two drops and now we're looking for the BADDEST MOTHERFUCKERS TO BECOME SECRET AGENTS!

Or, failing that, literally anyone who can hold a gun. Or even those who can't. Sigma Protocol's in kind of dire straits right now, what with almost all of their agents either dead or driven underground. You are one of those lucky incompetents that didn't get targeted by (as the current team has discovered) the shadowy organization known as OSIRIS.

Currently the gang is in Touluca, Mexico, having just gotten their CISEN contact killed and watched a tank that is also a giant spider steal a dead body from a secure evidence vault. The also-shadowy-but-not-quite-as-shadowy EL PATÓLOGO has contacted you and wants you to break into Primer Banco Nacional to steal the evidence back. Well... he wants you to steal a bunch of cash and bearer bonds and whatnot, but presumably you'll also steal the evidence back as part of it.

So, who feels like breaking El Banco Grande?

EDIT: Now with working links! :downs:

Doomsayer fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Aug 10, 2014

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Game: Mad Prep, No UnLife
System: Monsterhearts
Players: 6ish
Description: It's Monsterhearts, you know the drill - balance teenage e/n bullshit with being a literal bloodsucking vampire or whatever! It'll be fun!

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
Game: Help me become a DM!
System: Mutants and Masterminds 3rd edition
Format: Roll20/ Skype
Players: 2-3
Description: A short campaign to get my feet wet DMing.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Game: 3:10 to Yomi
System: Tenra Bansho Zero
Players: 3-6
Description: A one-shot scenario set on a mecha-train.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
Game: Savage Tide: There is No Honor
System: D&D 3.5
Description: Starting with the first adventure in the Savage Tide campaign. I'm new to running games, and I love pirate-ish stuff. This is what you get.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

Game: Of Gods and Kings: When Worlds End

Recruiting Thread: The old thread fell into archives, so I copied the relevant bits out and copied them into a new thread. I'm sure everything is still relevant. Probably.

Players: 1 - 2

Description: Due to that ever-tragic reality of "life stuff" we've had a few vacancies that we're looking to fill!

The gang is participating in a black-ops fantasy commando group tasked with breaking enemy lines and completing vital military objectives to eventually cripple the rampaging might of Mecha notSauron and his army of mysterious mechanized magic.

Currently they got distracted and have now stolen a pirate ship to go become pirate kings pacify the area to make it safer for civillian travel.

Also, we still have slots in our totally-not-Archer spy thriller game SIGMA Protocol!

Doomsayer fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 11, 2014

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Game: Godgame- The Centre Cannot Hold
System: Godgame PRIME (Homebrew)
Players: 5-6
Description: For the first few weeks, I'm doing a special all-submissions-taken pregame crowdsourced world generation thing (although I will of course be doing plenty of world building on my own on top of this). After that, it's a pretty standard Godgame. You're a god, go hog wild. There will be a primary GM-controlled antagonist force but the game is not limited solely to combating said force.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Game: [Conspiracy X 2E] I want to believe
System: Conspiracy X 2E
Players: 5
Description: You are members of an elite, shadow organization that protects humanity from extraterrestrial and paranormal threats, while safeguarding the knowledge that such threats exist; players are drawn from federal employees all across and North America, and even some from abroad, including ATF officers, army officials, and even CDC scientists.

Recruitment is still open, and we have no military types, but plenty of nerds, law enforcement, and non-violent criminals.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

Game: Suicide Squad
System: Dungeon World
Desription: You're being sent on a suicide mission by The Eye - a fantasy FBI. Go rescue an oil tycoon from the hands of raiders in an outpost on the frozen edge of the world. Probably die in the attempt.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Game: Be a Jedis Why Not?
System: Star Wars: Force and Destiny
Players: 6
Desription: A Playtest of the BRAND NEW Force and Destiny book by Fantasy Flight Games for their Star Wars system. A quick game that I hope to finish quickly using the new Beta Rules.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Game: A Nice Visit To Silent Hill
System: FATE
Players: 2-4
Description: People with issues visit Silent Hill. poo poo gets weird.
Help me learn to GM FATE and horror games in general by playing in one! Win-win!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Game Let's go on a journey!
System Ryuutama
Format PbP
Players Four to eight
Description A journey through a fantasy land, meet new people, see new things, have fun on the road!