Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

most campaigns end long before 18, too

aatrek: why cant real life be e6??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

not ours, i'd wager

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ferrinus posted:

not ours, i'd wager

do you even play

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

s i n c e 2 0 0 8

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lol and here i think a 2012 campaign is a long runner

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Ferrinus posted:

i think you mean demonstrating your "encountering the end boss during level 1 just to establish stakes" mastery over a stray dog

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

jesus christ

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

tbf it got a lot more palatable when ferrinus and i started playing on different days of the same campaign midway through '09

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

soon as the 4e phb leaked

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Ferrinus posted:

soon as the 4e phb leaked

But why.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Nihnoz posted:

But why.

because 4e is win

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.
I wish I could play the version of dnd that makes nerds insanely angry, for over half a decade. Super jealous.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Rannos22 posted:

I wish I could play the version of dnd that makes nerds insanely angry, for over half a decade. Super jealous.

You can. Go on a forum like ENWorld and tell them how much better 4e is than 3.5e/Pathfinder based on copy/pasted :goonsay: posts. You won't even need to learn a single rule and you will make nerds extremely angry.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

LuiCypher posted:

You can. Go on a forum like ENWorld and tell them how much better 4e is than 3.5e/Pathfinder. You won't even need to learn a single rule and you will make nerds extremely angry.

No I meant the playing part not the making nerds angry part. That's super easy.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rannos22 posted:

Pathfinder?

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Why would anyone be angry about the perfect system?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rannos22 posted:

Why would anyone be angry about the perfect system?

Nerds do, from what I read, on multiple threads

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Rannos22 posted:

No I meant the playing part not the making nerds angry part. That's super easy.

but the making the nerds angry part is easily the most fun you can have with the system.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Wimps, please. Everyone knows that the highest point of fun in the post 3.X world is to make the most broken character ever then never play it and spend all your days talking about elfgames online.

Covok fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 4, 2014

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

only because he thought pbp meant pimpin before puberty.

Dec 26, 2012

the same unbroken campaign, or did you reboot or w/e?

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Babylon Astronaut posted:

only because he thought pbp meant pimpin before puberty.

id wager he thot it meant play by post.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

01011001 posted:

the same unbroken campaign, or did you reboot or w/e?
the same campaign, at paragon tier the party ended up going in two different directions and picking up some other folks based on it so one party plays on one day and the other on the other. so we have covered a Lot of gaming ground in the same campaign basically

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
So, what games are everyone in/running right now?

I'm running a DW short campaign that will end next week set in the Xcrawl universe. I'm in a 13th Age game that started out as just mailmen and is now turning into a pirate themed thing (or atleast gang themed considering how we turned into a brigade of wizard bashers). I'm also in a FATE game that is emulating XCOM.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

a mage larp that is coming up to a soft reset soon (current head ST and some staff becoming players, one staff becoming a head ST with some former players as staff)

a biweekly ctl game

kinda light, really

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm running 13th Age set in the lovely, tolerant, and friendly land of Morrowind.

Dec 26, 2012

the same campaign, at paragon tier the party ended up going in two different directions and picking up some other folks based on it so one party plays on one day and the other on the other. so we have covered a Lot of gaming ground in the same campaign basically

that owns. much respect if you can keep a game running for 6 years

Covok posted:

I'm running a DW short campaign that will end next week set in the Xcrawl universe. I'm in a 13th Age game that started out as just mailmen and is now turning into a pirate themed thing (or atleast gang themed considering how we turned into a brigade of wizard bashers). I'm also in a FATE game that is emulating XCOM.

a 13th age game that started off as a seafaring/pirate thing last campaign and is now a new world colony thing after a timeskip, a numenera game to appease specific people that i am near my wits' end with even after considerable tweaks (i switch off dming/playing with one guy every other week and we are both arriving at that conclusion)

SunAndSpring posted:

I'm running 13th Age set in the lovely, tolerant, and friendly land of Morrowind.

mite b cool

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

I think the roll20 pathfinder game I was in for the past monthish might've died this week.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Covok posted:

A Double Cross game at the weekly encounters game for the players sick of 5e.

A Double Cross game semi-weekly with my main gaming group.

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Covok posted:

I play Ars Magica with Joshua E. Sawyer of Obsidian Entertainment every sunday. I'm in a 13th age game every friday.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Nihnoz posted:

I play Ars Magica with Joshua E. Sawyer of Obsidian Entertainment every sunday. I'm in a 13th age game every friday.

How come I can't play Arse Magic with rope kid of Obese Entertainment every Sunday?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nihnoz posted:

cool story bto

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara
what I like about 13th age is that it doesn't give a gently caress about noncombat rolls. Yeah here roll a thing, if you fail it won't get in the way. GM, make something up who gives a gently caress if it's good. Oh boy a fight, this is what I'm here for.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
BattleCON all the time now that is my gaming experience these days

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

quote:

what does he think of 4thEd? He seems like the kind of guy who might be super grognardy about 3e supremacy

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 5, 2014

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
got my hands on secret DMG. from rules for converting from older editions.

...much more stringent framework for creating adventures, monsters and magic items...

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

pretend its an acrostic

The
options
with
adventures:
concepts.
Lies:
characters,
choices,
modifications.

Dec 26, 2012

Lies:
characters,
choices,
modifications.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

pretend its an acrostic

The
options
with
adventures:
concepts.
Lies:
characters,
choices,
modifications.

• Locked thread