Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I bet mom is just a scared normal human being from some backwater hamlet that was kidnapped and raped by Shushem and she will just completely break by having to tell us the truth after having lived for so long not thinking about everything horrible that happened to her.

Dont push

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Affi posted:

I bet mom is just a scared normal human being from some backwater hamlet that was kidnapped and raped by Shushem and she will just completely break by having to tell us the truth after having lived for so long not thinking about everything horrible that happened to her.

Dont push

Push.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

JT Jag posted:

Something like this is honestly the only way we're going to pry it from here. Agreed.

I think we've said exactly this sort of thing to her before though, not that I'm against trying again. Maybe the added age will tip the scales, but I expect she'll just clam up and pull the clandestine martyr routine yet again.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

the_steve posted:

E with a side of G
"I have seen things beyond my comprehension, possibly even beyond the comprehension of any mortal man, visions that have told me that it is vital that I know the truth. There are those who have tried to use the truth, or the offer of the truth, about me and you as leverage to manipulate me to their own ends. But I swear to you, on all that I hold dear in my heart, nothing will change the fact that you are my mother, or that Tudiya is the man I shall always know as my real father, but I need to know the truth of my lineage. I know you want to protect me, as you always have, but I am a man grown. I am coming into Powers of my own, and we are surrounded by the truest and most powerful protectors we could ask for. I would rather be told now, by you, while surrounded by all the love and support I could ever need, rather than have it used against me at a moment where I could be distracted and open to harm.

ooh this is nice

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I think the time theory on Jalitha is pretty good. If true imagine how freaky that must be for her.

The dishes are from Baitel, just before most people alive can remember them. Cuisine has changed over time.

Does Jalitha speak with an accent or us language in any ways that seem unusual?

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
J: drop it literally forever. She is never going to tell us. Whining about not knowing who our real daddy is is time better spent on absolutely anything else.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Affi posted:

She's a remarkably good cook with remarkably refined manners for a backwater hamlet. Also there aren't that many "backwater hamlets" near Athar, since most if not all villagers in frontiers like Zepath like to live close enough to the city to sleep there at night - you only really start getting isolated villages once you start getting into inner Ur.

Her reaction makes the Melachim theory seem a little less likely, but the timeskip theory sounds pretty good so far - would explain much. She's still a normal human being, but she's seen some poo poo. Though...

When Jalitha was telling stories about Baitel back when we were still in Athar, does anyone remember if she referenced multiple cities, or if Baitel was the only major city she mentioned?

Anyways, G. Gonna trust our Diplomacy skill is high enough for a good roll here without needing to elaborate.

Daned
Jan 14, 2008

the_steve posted:

E with a side of G
"I have seen things beyond my comprehension, possibly even beyond the comprehension of any mortal man, visions that have told me that it is vital that I know the truth. There are those who have tried to use the truth, or the offer of the truth, about me and you as leverage to manipulate me to their own ends. But I swear to you, on all that I hold dear in my heart, nothing will change the fact that you are my mother, or that Tudiya is the man I shall always know as my real father, but I need to know the truth of my lineage. I know you want to protect me, as you always have, but I am a man grown. I am coming into Powers of my own, and we are surrounded by the truest and most powerful protectors we could ask for. I would rather be told now, by you, while surrounded by all the love and support I could ever need, rather than have it used against me at a moment where I could be distracted and open to harm.

+1 vote for this

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

the_steve posted:

E with a side of G

This! +1000

Absum
May 28, 2013

I

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Sogol posted:

I think the time theory on Jalitha is pretty good. If true imagine how freaky that must be for her.

The dishes are from Baitel, just before most people alive can remember them. Cuisine has changed over time.

This is an interesting thought. What if she was put into some kind of stasis, or sent through time while pregnant with us? This would explain why we'll be more Blooded than most.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I :, but seriously, Tudiya has been boning her for like, 10 years now and she's had no other kids. I know they kept it quiet, but nobody in town has commented on this? I didn't think she was that old, our mum is totally Athena or something.

hey guys I'm totally back

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Tudiya didn't say anything about us exploring the woods with Danal because he was too busy boning our mom.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
Maybe Jalitha met Azzazel and took his party bus offer. Either she was already preggo with Enkidu or she got busy with the Azz man. Then she got dumped in the ocean for some reason.

Explains why Azazel gave a poo poo. He's either our dad (probably not) or he took a protective interest in us before we were born.

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Diogines posted:

Your mother says "I... I never lied to you Enkidel, but I won't say. I am sorry.

J. Tell her we saw her statue in the temple garden.

:v:

DCBomB fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Aug 5, 2014

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
I. I don't think we will make progress by pressing the issue right now.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
+1 the_steve well put. We can really tug her heartstrings with this one.

Then we can eat the juicy heart inside :getin:

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Sogol posted:

No.

Tomn posted:

When Jalitha was telling stories about Baitel back when we were still in Athar, does anyone remember if she referenced multiple cities, or if Baitel was the only major city she mentioned?
Her stories did include some other cities, older, famous ones near Baitel.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Minivote closed.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Your mother says "I... I never lied to you Enkidel, but I won't say. I am sorry. We have everything we could want here and a bright future. Don't worry about the past. Please.

You tell your mother that "I have seen things beyond my comprehension, possibly even beyond the comprehension of any mortal man, visions that have told me that it is vital that I know the truth. There are those who have tried to use the truth, or the offer of the truth, about me and you as leverage to manipulate me to their own ends. But I swear to you, on all that I hold dear in my heart, nothing will change the fact that you are my mother, or that Tudiya is the man I shall always know as my real father, but I need to know the truth of my lineage. I know you want to protect me, as you always have, but I am a man grown. I am coming into Powers of my own, and we are surrounded by the truest and most powerful protectors we could ask for. I would rather be told now, by you, while surrounded by all the love and support I could ever need, rather than have it used against me at a moment where I could be distracted and open to harm."

Jalitha looks uncertain for a moment, she opens her mouth to speak, then closes it. She hugs you and says "I am sorry Enkidel, I... I can't."

She leaves.

[...]

Five years pass...

Still working on the update, if I finish it this morning it will go up, if not, expect it tonight.

Ubern00b
Nov 4, 2009
El damnit! Failed the roll :v:. Voting to mindread her if she does not off herself in the passing five years. Or Zebanatha if he knows anything. Yes, it's bad. But doing things and then asking forgiveness gets a lot more done than waiting for permission.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
Hahaha :owned:

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
Just a question that I've never thought to ask, but which of Tudiya's wives is Danal's mom?

Why has she never been a factor in the story? Is she dead, or just not important to the story?

Cornuto fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Aug 5, 2014

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Yeah, it seems pretty clear she has been threatened either personally or with our death if she reveals that information. So the chance of us dying in the future vs. retribution in the present defaults to her keeping quiet.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Cornuto posted:

Just a question that I've never thought to ask, but which of Tudiya's wives is Danal's mom?

Why has she never been a factor in the story? Is she dead, or just not important to the story?

She died in childbirth.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Diogines posted:

Still working on the update, if I finish it this morning it will go up, if not, expect it tonight.

Thanks for everything, Diog!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Nettle Soup posted:

She died in childbirth.
Correct.

But not to worry. Tudiya's house is filled with other wives of his and also some of his older female descendants. Also, he had a cannibal to watch out for him!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I do not think I am going to have time finish the update this morning before I have to leave.

6. What SINGLE ACTIVITY did you devote the most of your attention to for the last five years?
R, the bow, won.

7. Over the last five years, what is something which you spent a SIGNIFICANT amount of time on, even if it was not your single largest focus?
R the bow... won again. Which means that the main focus and secondary focus of your time these last five years will have been training to use the bow. I think the results came out a little strange because option I for question #7 was "I focused on my primary activity!" which had a single vote.

A "all in for the bow" vote would have been R-I, but we got R-R. Since I do not think I am going to have time to finish this morning, I am going to re-open voting on #7. If you want to make the focus of your life for the last five years all about the bow, vote I or R again, you will probably get pretty drat good at it but it will be what you spent the lion share of your time upon.

Existing votes still count, you can change them if you like. You do not need to vote again if you want to keep your old vote.

The votes thus far: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai-NXQJr2zTRdGE2RzgtSEd1LVJ5ZHZZdXNBX2FNeUE&usp=sharing#gid=0

7. Over the last five years, what is something which you spent a SIGNIFICANT amount of time on, even if it was not your single largest focus?
I. Nothing. I really only had one focus.

K. I kept up the monster hunting and adventuring with my Balls, if I voted for that in #5. Focusing on this probably reduced casualties and increase our success due to extra preparation.

L. I explored the wilderness beyond Zepath and learned the countryside, with only Snarls as my companion.

M. [Removed - Had 0 votes]

N. Time to get a Mighty-Man hobby. Most well Blooded men have something they favor. Tudiya is a stone carver. Smithing is popular and I learned some of it in Baitel. I choose smithing. I learn to become a smith and five years is ample time to do it.
O. I devoted myself to learn about math, which I have a talent for. I learned more of what I could from Rathal, my teacher and then found a better one. An unusual Blooded focus, but the one I picked.
P. I devoted myself to learn about something else. Fill in.

Q. Ishamal's lessons became the single most important thing in my life. I spent as much time as I could on them, accelerating my progress.

R. The bow. I have an amazing bow and by the balls of Labaras(the prophet, not your fighting men), I am going to learn how to use it! I focused upon training in archery.
S. [Removed - Had 0 votes]
T. My strength DOES continue to grow, but from experience I know that focusing upon strength training does make me stronger. So that is what I did. I ran laps, I lifted heavy stones, I swam in the river. I am buff, but I want to be buffer.

V. [Removed - Had 0 votes]

W. Something else. Fill in.

As to your Balls, you are going after big game with them, more serious monsters and probably more serious loot and glory.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Aug 5, 2014

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

T, let's learn to use our super-club, it has good bonuses for the bow as well! Don't neglect our balls though.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
Is 7 restricted to a single answer?

If so Q. If not, QKT in that order.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

.Q. time to go rangermage (Magiranger?)

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Cornuto posted:

Is 7 restricted to a single answer?

One answer.

It is your runner up in terms of time spent.

sotary
Sep 11, 2001
Q

Does this count as changing our vote? I voted for R before

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897
Q

We gotta get Mightier if we want to do the REALLY cool bow stuff! Lightning arrows await!

E: I want to ask Tudiya and Aaron what they think of our bow. The prevailing attitude in Zepath is that bows aren't a mighty weapon, but seeing a bow like ours might help change minds.

Neraren fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Aug 5, 2014

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

7. Q I can't believe we're spending almost all of our time on the bow.

I had the mental image that Enkidel was so upset by Jalitha's reply that he stood there for 5 years in quiet contemplation.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

These freaking boyeurs come out of nowhere whenever these votes come up, fawning over magical bows.

El damnit we have had a massive magical club for YEARS that keeps getting pushed to the wayside. At least give it SOME love too.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

sotary posted:

Does this count as changing our vote? I voted for R before
Existing votes still count, you can change them if you like. You do not need to vote again if you want to keep your old vote.

If anyone could keep the spreadsheet up to date, it would be helpful.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Neraren posted:

Q

We gotta get Mightier if we want to do the REALLY cool bow stuff! Lightning arrows await!

E: I want to ask Tudiya and Aaron what they think of our bow. The prevailing attitude in Zepath is that bows aren't a mighty weapon, but seeing a bow like ours might help change minds.
Tudiya told you that "It is a fine weapon my son and masterfully crafted... but a bow is not a weapon to inspire courage in the hearts of our people, nor does it truly take advantage of the strengths of our line."

When Aaron saw it he laughed and said "I suppose you'll be wanting to nail Roc's to the sky now, instead of just taking them down? That thing is ridiculous!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Q