Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Flameingblack posted:

It never ceases to amaze me how many people will fall for a fake link even after the next half dozen immediate posts are pointing out it's fake.

But that's a real link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

He said important.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Only baby quitters don't do HGH so they can go home and cry like a baby.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

he does not love the company/fans enough to use it to speed up his recovery and should be depushed for Not Wanting It enough

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Blasmeister posted:

I think it was pretty brainless, oldpainless

:eyepop:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

If he did growth hormone he wouldn't be so short.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oatgan posted:

he does not love the company/fans enough to use it to speed up his recovery and should be depushed for Not Wanting It enough

god bless mainstream athletics and america

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Do we have any posters down under who can help a ref out?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Reid Flair is dead?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Dead sexy.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Reid Flair is dead?

Heroin overdose.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Thanks to twitter I learned that Charles Robinson is best friends with Lodi and they're both in some Christian bible meeting thing.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Black tar heroin.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Of all the people to joke about 9.99, this is not one of them

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Kifisonfire posted:

TNA is out of anything noteworthy or interesting to sell people. An accurate tweet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

At least WWE can spell their wrestler's names.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Coincidentally, that's the starting bid reserve for TNA's tape library.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Kifisonfire posted:

For a soon to be dead company, they got jokes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

idg the 9.99 thing.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

It's a wrestling reference, you wouldn't get it

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

coconono posted:

idg the 9.99 thing.

Trips started Raw with a promo where he said that's how much the WWE Network costs no less than 10 times and then they repeated it about 40 times over the course of the night.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

TheJoker138 posted:

Trips started Raw with a promo where he said that's how much the WWE Network costs no less than 10 times and then they repeated it about 40 times over the course of the night.

Did anyone else get the impression after a certain point that King and JBL at least were doing it to be purposefully obnoxious? Like Vince was screaming at them to push the network price super hard so they gave him what he wanted to the point of counter-productivity? It looked like they were on the border of cracking up and purposefully picking the worst possible moments to mention it.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

Did anyone else get the impression after a certain point that King and JBL at least were doing it to be purposefully obnoxious? Like Vince was screaming at them to push the network price super hard so they gave him what he wanted to the point of counter-productivity? It looked like they were on the border of cracking up and purposefully picking the worst possible moments to mention it.

JBL maybe, he's rich enough to not need Vince and mostly is just there to please himself. I think writing 9.99 down on a piece of paper and holding it to the camera is a legit piss take.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Shove it down your all's throats.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

JBL maybe, he's rich enough to not need Vince and mostly is just there to please himself. I think writing 9.99 down on a piece of paper and holding it to the camera is a legit piss take.

Ditto for Jerry. I almost wouldn't be surprised but fuuuuuuuck...

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sanguinia posted:

literally every plug of the network felt incredibly self-aware last night

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
It'll be fun when, after all this 9.99 business, people take a look at the new 19.99/month-to-month price point and get pissed at WWE.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

When I was watching the HHH promo at the beginning, it really did seem like he cared the first time he mentioned it. Halfway through the promo though he was making fun of it. It almost seemed as if Vince decreed it and everyone decided to have stupid fun with it.

Imagine Vince in the back all red faced and angry!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I don't think it was ever any different from those segments where DX would hock t-shirts

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Yes but it gave us the elimination chamber playset meltdown and that was gold.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The Croc posted:

Yes but it gave us the elimination chamber playset meltdown and that was gold.

I don't remember this. What happened?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Dexie posted:

I don't remember this. What happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x5EvgMUvuA

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

This video led to the discovery that there is a WWE episode of Dinner Impossible. That is certainly a thing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shima Honnou posted:

It'll be fun when, after all this 9.99 business, people take a look at the new 19.99/month-to-month price point and get pissed at WWE.

Why? It's still going to be available for $9.99.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

I think people are being confused by the wording in the news items and such.

There's gonna be 3 pricepoints.

6 month commitment, $9.99 per mth
No commitment, $19.99 per mth
6 month package, $60 up front. (or $59.93 or whatever.)

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

MassRafTer posted:

While true, the average person will look and see "$19.99" because not everyone is an internet smark who knows all the price points. Your average Joe (AKA, the people who haven't bought The Network, and also not your Samoa Joes) will see that price and think "What the gently caress is this poo poo, those lying fuckers."

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

A Real Horse posted:

This video led to the discovery that there is a WWE episode of Dinner Impossible. That is certainly a thing.

Another thing is that's where chef Robert Irvine met Gail Kim, and now they're married. Guy Fieri and Iron Chef Morimoto helped cater the wedding, and the whole thing is probably my favorite weird wrestler marriage story ever.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shima Honnou posted:

While true, the average person will look and see "$19.99" because not everyone is an internet smark who knows all the price points. Your average Joe (AKA, the people who haven't bought The Network, and also not your Samoa Joes) will see that price and think "What the gently caress is this poo poo, those lying fuckers."

The $19.99 price point is going to exist in comparison to $9.99 to make it seem like an even better deal. They've bungled this in certain ways but they aren't going to start saying GET THE NETWORK FOR 20 BUCKS!!!! and then in tiny print say "or $10 if you want."

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

skaboomizzy posted:

Another thing is that's where chef Robert Irvine met Gail Kim, and now they're married. Guy Fieri and Iron Chef Morimoto helped cater the wedding, and the whole thing is probably my favorite weird wrestler marriage story ever.

That is incredible. I can't imagine how awesome it would be to have Morimoto cater your wedding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

A Real Horse posted:

That is incredible. I can't imagine how awesome it would be to have Morimoto cater your wedding.

There is nothing more accurate than this.

Didn't that Dinner Impossible episode have everyone in kayfabe?