Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

His principles and morals of abstaining from WWE were entirely destroyed by Rey Mysterio wrist bands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

oldpainless posted:

His principles and morals of abstaining from WWE were entirely destroyed by Rey Mysterio wrist bands.

but he was working out, which requires wrist bands and

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

if the day ever comes where I don't laugh at Shave Seltzer just put me in the ground cause I'm dead

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Last night I was at the Pizza Hut and a huge man came in wearing a xxl HHH t-shirt and ordered two cookie pizzas and two two liters of mountain dew. In my heart of hearts I knew he was going to eat them by himself.

Sounds like someone's living life to the fullest.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The Talk TNA podcast or whatever is unhappy with Meltzer's star ratings and there's more to the conversation than this but talk about not understanding anything:

To me it comes off as "TNA doesn't get good star ratings and that's unfair" but I could be off base. Then again, if they think TNA's "out of the ring" stuff is any good, holy poo poo.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Noted spotfest junkie and Backlund detractor Dave Meltzer pays too much attention to the technical stuff.

E: The dude who says to Dave that comparing TRT abuse to steroids is "laughable" is even better.

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 4, 2014

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
David Gilbert was the guy who interviewed Bryan Alvarez about to two months ago.

His retorts to Bryan's criticisms of TNA were the following:

quote:

'Well, it doesn't have to have continuity.'
'Well, it doesn't have to make sense.'
'Well, it's not supposed to be serious.'
'Well, it's not supposed to be believable.'

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

rovert posted:

David Gilbert was the guy who interviewed Bryan Alvarez about to two months ago.

Does anybody have a link to this interview? It sounds very entertaining.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Have a listen to someone not understanding why someone could not like TNA: http://traffic.libsyn.com/talktna/TALKTNA_-_Bryan_Alvarez_interview.mp3

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It is longer and much worse than anything I could describe or explain. On the Observer board most people who listened half way through out of frustration over him.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I listened to the interview and the TNA fan wasn't too bad. He was a bit stubborn when it came to what rovert pointed out but he was pretty open about how bad TNA can be at times.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

"you have to admit that the most memorable things in wrestling have not been actual matches."

good lord.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I got sucked into telling the TNA podcast guy he was wrong. I blame rovert.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I liked how much of the guy's argument is "if TNA was good, would you like it better?"

Edit: You know, I honestly thought guy wasn't too bad, he was at least willing to admit that TNA wasn't doing too well and needed change, but then he says how he wants Dixie to become a babyface and a full-time performer with a finishing move and everything. :allears:

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Aug 4, 2014

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNAMecca people.

https://twitter.com/CRegal23/status/496369041674862592

The second reply is the best.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

rovert posted:

quote:

'Well, it doesn't have to have continuity.'
'Well, it doesn't have to make sense.'
'Well, it's not supposed to be serious.'
'Well, it's not supposed to be believable.'

Well, be fair, those retorts could apply to WWE as well.

Kaskadan
Mar 28, 2010

I've got some bad NOMS for you
In my facebook feed yesterday

quote:

John Cena is the Justin Beiber of wrestling.

I can't find a part of this that might be true...even kayfabe.

This begs the question...Who is the Justin Beiber of wrestling?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Kaskadan posted:

In my facebook feed yesterday

I can't find a part of this that might be true...even kayfabe.

This begs the question...Who is the Justin Beiber of wrestling?
Miz.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

Stardog Champion • 17 hours ago
As a Vince Russo guy, I'm happy he came clean. I'm glad he lied to protect TNA. gently caress those IWC pigs, they don't need to know about Russo's involvement with the company. Now go jack off to Bolt Banana's matches you sewer rats. I would like to see Yasu in TNA. He can replace Doug William as the go to guy if they need someone to work a technical ground base wrestling.

IT'S BOLT BA-NA-NA

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is Doug William any good? I know Doug Williams is awesome, but never heard of this other guy.

The thing I love most about this whole thing is that both sides are asking the same question for very different reasons. "Why would Dixie lie about Russo?"

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I think that was a boss in one of the later Mega Man X games.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

wanna see shave seltzer and bolt banana tag

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
These are the nicknames that Chris Jericho thought were too lame when he was supposed to be a lame heel.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

WeaponX posted:

wanna see shave seltzer and bolt banana tag

Anyone out there look enough like Colt to do an evil twin gimmick?

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

CM Skunk and Bolt Banana Best In THe World

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Solomonic posted:

I think that was a boss in one of the later Mega Man X games.

"Overdrive Ostrich" was the beginning of the end.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shine posted:

"Overdrive Ostrich" was the beginning of the end.
Was Duff McWhalen the actual end?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TNA never used Doug Williams as the go to guy for anything when they had him under contract so I'm not sure his role needs filling.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Endorph posted:

Was Duff McWhalen the actual end?

Naming all the X5 bosses after Guns 'N Roses dudes was such a masterful troll that I can't even hate on it.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Shine posted:

Naming all the X5 bosses after Guns 'N Roses dudes was such a masterful troll that I can't even hate on it.

I'm still annoyed that Burn Dinorex didn't survive the translation. Also, how Spiral Pegasus would become "The Skiver" is beyond me.

And as terrible as X6 is, it did give us Metal Shark Player. Yes, there is a reploid shark pimp in the X universe.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Hoss Corncave posted:

I'm still annoyed that Burn Dinorex didn't survive the translation. Also, how Spiral Pegasus would become "The Skiver" is beyond me.

And as terrible as X6 is, it did give us Metal Shark Player. Yes, there is a reploid shark pimp in the X universe.
I was very partial to Blaze Heatnix, Cyber Kujacker (peacock) and Splash Warfly (flying fish).

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

For those who are like "what the gently caress are these stupid nerds babbling about," the Megaman X bosses usually have names like [Trait] [Animal], ex. Flame Elephant, Storm Eagle, Frost Walrus, etc. When Megaman X5 was localized, the lady doing the bosses named them after members of Guns N' Roses because her husband was a fan, so the bosses have names like Grizzly Slash, Squid Adler, Duff McWhalen (:lol:), and Axle the Red. This made terrible video game fans mad because That Bitch Ruined Megaman X5 That's Why It's Not Megawoman You Bitch, but they are dumb and the GnR names loving own.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

back in my day Megaman bosses had real names like WOOD MAN and AIR MAN

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Mob posted:

The latter being killed in like two hits from the former's weapon :allears:.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Mob posted:

GUTSMAN, who oddly enough does not have an internal organ based offense.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Shine posted:

The latter being killed in like two hits from the former's weapon :allears:.

Impossible, you cannot defeat airman!

http://youtu.be/opADNvgeZYY

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

For those unaware, this is in reference to a WWE production truck listing Smackdown as being on at 8pm Thursday night which would basically be the final nail in the coffin.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

TNA Mecca is on hype duty for tonights show:

quote:

- Earlier this year, TNA did the unthinkable by teasing Dixie Carter going through a table. Other than a few raised eyebrows, I don't think fans took it seriously. I certainly didn't. At the time, I was convinced that there was no absolutely no way that she's going through a table. Not a chance. But then, Bully Ray began to mention it in his promos more and more and it eventually became the talking point in his encounters with Team Dixie. This is when I began to consider the possibility but even then, I couldn't quite visualize the moment, especially since she's never taken a real bump in her life. A few weeks later, Bully Ray provided a visual aid by spray-painting Dixie's name onto a table and this is when I finally knew that it was happening. TNA couldn't possibly turn back now, I thought. The company had spent months teasing it, practically begging us to believe them. Well, tonight it happens. Dixie Carter will go through a table. Dixie Carter will be powerbombed...off the top rope...into a table. Let that sink in for a moment.

- I've been noticing quite a bit of fake outrage about Dixie Carter's upcoming table spot from the usual suspects and quite frankly, I'm not surprised. I realize there are some who are genuinely troubled by this moment and I respect their opinion but I assure you, the majority are simply complaining because it's happening in TNA. I won't go into the 'it's kayfabe' argument because it'd be a waste of time. Every single hater is fully aware of this and yet is so outraged because it fits their anti-TNA agenda. Let's be real, this is their attempt to downplay this historic moment; an attempt to diminish its significance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
TNA's anti-TNA agenda is putting them out of business; they don't need anyone's help.