Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
You are proclaimed guilty of making a videogame with the shoot and jump buttons switched. What do you have to say for yourself you monster? Can you even justify your crime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i jump myself before the cops come for me

wait gently caress

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

wait gently caress

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Doctor Goat posted:

wait gently caress

Jackfruit
Apr 27, 2006

dem bones dem bones gonna walk around
You little shits are lucky you can jump and shoot in the same game.

Dec 26, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

wait gently caress

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Gimbal lock posted:

You are proclaimed guilty of making a videogame with the shoot and jump buttons switched. What do you have to say for yourself you monster? Can you even justify your crime?

gently caress you coppers you'll never take me alive

*shoots self in foot trying to jump*

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Y'all doing a good job of killing yourselves and I'm proud of you because that's all you deserve, ya button-switching bagels

Elijah.
Feb 11, 2007

all of your troubles are dead and gone~

Doctor Goat posted:

wait gently caress

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Doctor Goat posted:

wait gently caress

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

i jump myself before the cops cum for me

wait gently caress

sesame_samuel_
Dec 24, 2012

Pork Pro

Gimbal lock posted:

*backs out of dialogue on accident*

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

I present games that use up to jump instead of face buttons as exhibit A.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

wait gently caress

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

at least i'll get off with a lighter sentence than the guy who switched the cancel and accept buttons on rpgs

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm guilty of much worse. I swapped the function of the O and X buttons in Japan.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

metricchip posted:

I present games that use up to jump instead of face buttons as exhibit A.

We pinned this on the Wand of Gameleon / Faces of Evil guy, but it ended up getting acquitted. Guy managed to convince the dumb jury that the game was simply ahead of the hardware and it was NEC's fault for not providing enough face buttons. The same argument didn't work twice though, he ultimately got caught using the same button for "use inventory item" and "inventory menu", switching between the two while ducking. He was also pinned for unacceptable loading times.

It's a good thing. Had he walked, the media would have been all over our asses. It's not a crime to have weak-rear end unsatisfying bomb explosions, nor is it to have an extremely gay looking sword-swing attack that makes Link look like a giant homo. That doesn't make it right though; Someone had to be held accountable.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gimbal lock posted:

We pinned this on the Wand of Gameleon / Faces of Evil guy, but it ended up getting acquitted. Guy managed to convince the dumb jury that the game was simply ahead of the hardware and it was NEC's fault for not providing enough face buttons. The same argument didn't work twice though, he ultimately got caught using the same button for "use inventory item" and "inventory menu", switching between the two while ducking. He was also pinned for unacceptable loading times.

It's a good thing. Had he walked, the media would have been all over our asses. It's not a crime to have weak-rear end unsatisfying bomb explosions, nor is it to have an extremely gay looking sword-swing attack that makes Link look like a giant homo. That doesn't make it right though; Someone had to be held accountable.
i think you're stretching this joke way too thin

Dec 26, 2012

thread should have been closed after post 1 and a few replies tbh it was not gonna get better from there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
This is true

• Locked thread