Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Total Drama Pieceofshit Island is taking TTG's place next Thursday and most likely the week after, since they're airing it for two weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

Total Drama Pieceofshit Island is taking TTG's place next Thursday and most likely the week after, since they're airing it for two weeks.

One day I'm going to get the chance to murder the creator of that show. I will take that chance.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Last weekend I showed a few episodes to my younger cousin. He loved them, and he kept asking me if Robin was a hero or a villain :xd:

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Steven, are you telling LIES?
I'm surprised nobody has posted the SDCC reveal that we're getting a Young Justice crossover episode.

quote:

The episode is described Young Justice will criticize Teen Titans for not being serious heroes.

Man, the depths the Teen Titans Go! crew goes to troll their previous fanbase and the Young Justice fanbase is awe inspiring. :allears:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The episode where Robin re dubs the end to the TT movie was pure loving magic.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

masteraero posted:

I'm surprised nobody has posted the SDCC reveal that we're getting a Young Justice crossover episode.

Man, the depths the Teen Titans Go! crew goes to troll their previous fanbase and the Young Justice fanbase is awe inspiring. :allears:

God, I can't wait for this :allears:

Last episode made me realize something I also like on this show, it has the best Starfire. Comics starfire is a bit terrible on most comics with the whole "I DRESS IN A SPACE BIKINI AND MURDER EVERYTHING, SO?", and the TT one is great but falls too much into the "sweet and innocent love interest" stereotype, but here it's a perfect balance where, yeah, she's naive and doesn't know much earth stuff, but when she catches on that you're abusing that then she's gonna wreck your poo poo, plus shutting down all the Robin stuff.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

masteraero posted:

This better end with an "everything going according to plan" Darkseid cameo.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

The TTG comicon panel was recorded and is on youtube.

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

God, I can't wait for this :allears:

Last episode made me realize something I also like on this show, it has the best Starfire. Comics starfire is a bit terrible on most comics with the whole "I DRESS IN A SPACE BIKINI AND MURDER EVERYTHING, SO?", and the TT one is great but falls too much into the "sweet and innocent love interest" stereotype, but here it's a perfect balance where, yeah, she's naive and doesn't know much earth stuff, but when she catches on that you're abusing that then she's gonna wreck your poo poo, plus shutting down all the Robin stuff.

It's funny, because the show also has the best Cyborg as well. Every time I hear someone complaining about how boring/awful they think Cyborg is, I have a moment of confusion before I realize they're talking about the comics.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It also has the worst Robin. Robin is literally the worst person possible in this show. It's great. :allears:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Last week's episode was pretty great. Especially Cyborg and Beast Boy's terrible stakeout skills.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

SlothfulCobra posted:

It also has the worst Robin. Robin is literally the worst person possible in this show. It's great. :allears:

Worst? Or the same Robin as TT and YJ except living in a world not built around making him look cool? :allears:

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."
So after looking at the OP, I decided to give this a watch. I haven't really watched any cartoons in a while, but I liked the first Teen Titans series years back.

Well, TTG turned out to be way better than I expected. I was worried based on pictures that it would be a cheap cash-in kind of thing, but I am so pleased with it. Just a dozen or so episodes in now, but I am going to be binging it for a while. The original teen titans was definitely best when it wasn't trying to be too serious, (I was not a fan of Young Justice) I am just surprised by how well it works without action and drama entirely.

Add in old pop culture references and digs at comics? I am so excited. Plus I always thought robin was a dick, and now there is a show that agrees with me!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

thelaughingman posted:

I've never watched a Comic-con panel but I tried watching this and this is exactly what I expected. Some kids asking cute questions and a lot more questions from embarrassing dorks wanting the show to be more serious.

Also goddamn Greg Cipes is blazed as gently caress.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

TwoPair posted:

I've never watched a Comic-con panel but I tried watching this and this is exactly what I expected. Some kids asking cute questions and a lot more questions from embarrassing dorks wanting the show to be more serious.

Also goddamn Greg Cipes is blazed as gently caress.

These are all exact things from last year, though Greg was wearing a mouse onesie and nothing else. Oh and everyone danced at several points.

Goddamn I'll probably watch the whole thing actually :allears: last year it was nice hearing Robin's VA say he got some crazy lines sometimes and how much fun he had with that and now it's gone to the point where they actively write Robin to suit his VA better.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

These are all exact things from last year, though Greg was wearing a mouse onesie and nothing else. Oh and everyone danced at several points.

Goddamn I'll probably watch the whole thing actually :allears: last year it was nice hearing Robin's VA say he got some crazy lines sometimes and how much fun he had with that and now it's gone to the point where they actively write Robin to suit his VA better.

Didn't he rap at one point, with mixmaster mike backing him up?
Also that crossover is gonna be fantastic.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Yeah it was either him or Scott Menville who rapped last year. I'm fairly sure Greg is constantly stoned out of his mind. Part of me suspects that's just how he is, but I think I remember seeing a tape of the SDCC panel just before the big season four finale aired (so like, 2005?) and he seemed relatively normal. It's been a long time though.

Also Hynden Walch started accidentally reading Trigon's lines during the table read which was hysterical. I should find that DVD.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Hazo posted:

Also Hynden Walch started accidentally reading Trigon's lines during the table read which was hysterical. I should find that DVD.

I was watching Attack on Arkham last night and saw in the credits that she voiced Harley Quinn, and was wondering where I'd seen her name before. I looked her up on IMDB and had no idea she voiced Starfire and Princess Bubblegum, although they do sound similar now that I think about it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wait, Hynden voiced Harley? That's....hard to imagine. Didn't Tara voice her in City?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Wait till you hear she was also Harley in The Batman.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Did anybody actually watch The Batman, though?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Hynden has a pretty good range, it's just her voice for PB and her voice for Starfire are pretty much the same (with the latter just spoken generally more cheerfully).

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

It was the first voice of Harley since the BTAS original so it was sort of a big deal. So I guess her, Strong, and Sorkin have been the "main" voices.

Also shut your mouth, The Batman's later seasons were awesome.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hazo posted:

It was the first voice of Harley since the BTAS original so it was sort of a big deal. So I guess her, Strong, and Sorkin have been the "main" voices.

Also shut your mouth, The Batman's later seasons were awesome.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Come on man. Nobody's going to defend monkey Joker or Manson Riddler, but that doesn't mean The Batman isn't at least worth a watch.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Waffleman_ posted:

Wait, Hynden voiced Harley? That's....hard to imagine. Didn't Tara voice her in City?

Yeah, she actually did a pretty good job of sounding somewhere between Tara Strong and Arleen Sorkin.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Everyone brings that up as a counterargument but then they never actually watched the show to find that it was actually good. Manson Riddler was bad I'll admit, but Rasta Joker had a bad design but was legit entertaining.

Also The Batman produced The Batman vs Dracula, DC's best animated feature EVER period no arguments.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm mostly just bustin' chops here.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

Hazo posted:

Nobody's going to defend Manson Riddler
I will.

Riddler is such a goofy concept anyway that going full-on edgy in an already "edgy" show is pretty much the only viable option. Also, Freddy Krueger's voice fits that design so drat well.

Nothing on Rasta Joker though. That is irredeemable.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Does anyone else think it's funny that they made a Ninja Turtles reference in the Mas y Menos episode when Greg Cipes is the current voice of Mikey?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Waffleman_ posted:

Does anyone else think it's funny that they made a Ninja Turtles reference in the Mas y Menos episode when Greg Cipes is the current voice of Mikey?

I am so goddamn jealous of that guy. He probably just gets blazed, does some Yoga and people pay him to do nothing but talk/sing in a mic and hes Beast Boy and Mikey at the same time. :sigh:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Eh, the pay for being a voice actor usually stinks, so I'm not too jealous.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

thelaughingman posted:

The presence of Puffy AmiYumi at the panel is really weird. I'm not going to watch the whole thing, but I imagine they don't have much/any input.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sockser posted:

The presence of Puffy AmiYumi at the panel is really weird. I'm not going to watch the whole thing, but I imagine they don't have much/any input.

Remember when Puffy AmiYumi had their own show. Remember that?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Acquire Currency! posted:

Remember when Puffy AmiYumi had their own show. Remember that?
Yes and it was great.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sockser posted:

They don't and it is totally weird that they're there. I guess they were short on panel guests and somebody was like "ummm well the girls who sang the original theme song are available?"

"GOOD ENOUGH"

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Nihilarian posted:

Yes and it was great.

Wasn't that show Sam Register's "gently caress you guys I'm out!" to Cartoon Network?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Rudoku posted:

Wasn't that show Sam Register's "gently caress you guys I'm out!" to Cartoon Network?
It was a fun cartoon about the two rock stars that did the intro to my favorite TV show at the time. That's about all I remember about it, honestly.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

MAD MOD NEXT EPISODE

gently caress yes, Mad Mod was one of the best villains in the original. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

If it's not McDowell I'll be hugely disappointed. What's he doing these days? Would he go for a paycheck to appear in TTG?

• Locked thread