Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
This is gonna be a long post but I just need to vent. I don't have many close friends where I am so this might help.

In 2007 I met a friend of mine's sister. She was pretty cute, just graduating HS and coming to the same college, and into the same group activities. Hung out a little in a group setting over the next year but she was dating some other dude who ended up being gay. So when the 2008 school year started we went on a date, then she rejected me saying she didn't want a relationship atm. Some crazy family poo poo went down and she confided in me, we grew closer and around the turn of 2009 we officially started dating. Things went fine and I graduated in 2010 and moved an 11 hr drive away for 2 years for grad school while she stayed and finished/started undergrad. poo poo went ok, it was tougher being so far away but we made it work. When I finished my masters I moved back to her and we lived together.

We occasionally had fights when her thesis and poo poo stressed her out and I made a mistake to trigger a meltdown. We stuck together though, and things got better. I proposed in February 2013 and she said yes. About 10 months ago she got a great job offer. It was probably the best thing that could happen for us, and we'd be moving across the country to boot. So we drive the 3,000 miles from all our friends and family and settle in a new place.

The rub here is she's still working on her thesis. Although she walked in August 2013 she didn't technically graduate until May of this year.That plus figuring out a new job caused a ton of friction in our relationship. I was trying to get her to work on wedding stuff too (we made plans before moving that I was trying to stick to) and it seemed to make it worse. In late May I went to Atlanta for a work convention and to visit family in the area. When I came home, she picked me up from the airport, took me home, and when I got home I realized all her stuff was gone.

She told me how I kept pushing her to do something she didn't want to (plan the wedding), felt way disconnected and that she wasn't feeling it anymore. She gave the ring back and left, saying she needed space. So a week later we met up again and talked, and nothing really improved. At this point a couple who we are friends with through church intervened and kind of mediated between the two of us.

Like I said we know this couple through church. We're just a little older than them, and the guy is a youth pastor. He's the first one I texted when she initially left, and he helped me talk through my own issues and learn how to be better. My (no idea what to call her at this point) is really comfortable with his girlfriend so she helped on that end. We started meeting once a week together, did some couple-oriented exercises to rebuild love and emotional security, and things started looking up.

Eventually once a week turned into us being together a couple times a week (alone) and spending long periods of time together. In fact we spent all 3 days of July 4th weekend together, but on Sunday night there was a problem. We were supposed to go on a double date w/ said couple just to check up, and she started freaking out about not knowing if this was what she really wanted or not etc etc. I kind of got kind of frustrated but we talked through it with their help. She wasn't really offering reasons to them why she felt the way she did, just that she did.

Things got better, she even moved back in some of her stuff not but two weeks ago. Then this past weekend we went to a friend's wedding in Florida together and poo poo went south again. Despite the weekend seeming good, hearing my friend's vows triggered some emotions in her that made her question everything and feel like everything was inadequate again. Monday this week I went out to run some errands, and when I got home her poo poo was packed up again and she just told me she was too tired to keep trying and didn't want to do it anymore.

She mentioned certain things, like my inability to really dive into convos with her family (I'm an introvert) and wanting me to plan fun weekend things to distract her from work stuff as reasons she doesn't want to keep going. Immediately after she left I got in contact with her family and started talking to them, and researching fun weekend stuff we could do. I even sent her a few things I wanted to do with her this weekend. I figured these were good positive first steps.

She came back yesterday and we had a talk/argument about it, with her being nebulous as poo poo about why and just saying she's tired. I pointed to starting in a positive direction, and she said yeah but how long will it last. She kept asking why it took me 5 years to really care about her family. I'll admit I've done a poor job of that but as an introvert and living now a longass way away it is hard to open up like that. I kept pointing out hey look we've made great progress in 2 months, even our friends say so, so why throw it away. But to no avail she just got more pissed and left.

I called my friend and we talked a while. I always try to be open with him because he's honest with me about his opinion. From hearing my side of it, he thought it sounded like she was done and just looking for things to pin the blame on me, since none of the things she mentions (and I've been making positive strides on) are dealbreakers in any sense. He advised I try for another week or two then for my own sanity move on, and think up an exit strategy. His gf was supposed to get lunch with her today but I don't know if that even happened.

For the record I pin a vast amount of this on her job. She's on the road 5+ nights a week, frequently works like 80+ hours and in general is just isolated. She even mentioned to me in the last month how when shes gone on her own she feels fine with it, and when she's with me she likes it and feels fine with it, so she doesn't know which to choose. We've been living for the weekends, which is MUCH more than we got together when I was in grad school, but I digress.

She's also extremely isolated obviously with how busy she is. She has no real friends out here sans the couple we've met through church and she doesn't really make the effort to talk to them. On Monday night when that blew up I asked her to at least call the girl, which she said she would. Fast forward to yesterday I find out she was too "tired" to, even though immediately after leaving here she spent 5 hrs driving. I tried to get the girl to contact her, too. "She texted me," was my girl's response, "but I didn't text her back."

She claims to get relationship advice from her business contacts/clients, but I feel like it's total bullshit because all they know of me is all the horrible poo poo she's saying and so of course they're going to tell her it's not healthy and its a bad relationship and whatever loving else. The lovely part is I don't know if these people actually care about her, or if they're just having these convos out of obligation. I keep begging her to have convos with friends she knows and people that legitimately care about her but she just ignores that request.

So that's my poo poo life and situation. Her name is on the least but in my state as long as I've lived here 30 days even if she serves me an eviction notice I have a rent period (30 days) to move out. I don't know if I should try and find roommates and live here, move back east where it's certainly cheaper to live and start totally over, or what. It's also really busy at work (even though I work from home) so trying to get it sorted anyway would be nice. I mean my car isn't even on this loving side of the country because we drove her SUV loaded with our stuff out here.

Essentially I'm going to give her an ultimatum: she either wants us or she doesn't. If she does, I'll be with there and fight for it with her 100%. But I already know in this whole 2 month struggle I've put in a ton more than she has and made more of the changes we've talked about than she has. How much of that is down to her life and stress idk, but it makes me think. If she doesn't want it I walk for good. I can't have a healthy life with this hanging over my head. I feel like I know what the answer will be and I'm not sure how to mentally prepare for that.

tl;dr - my 5 1/2 year relationship is falling to poo poo b/c the woman i love works a million hours a week and is gone for all but the weekends. mentally preparing for the worst and honestly no idea what i'll do to cope/move forward when the worst case scenario actually happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

lol

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
was it before the wedding that guy was a oval office to you at, or after the complete sexual domination of your girlfriend?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

fool me once op

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
kiss my butt op

Sir_Substance
Dec 13, 2013
You really shouldn't be having relationships with 5 1/2 year olds.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
tldr human being

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
I now always check if it's a gagelion thread then stop reading

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot

gagelion posted:

i live with my parents

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
back in my day we held a boombox under a girls window if we absolutely had to look like a human being in public

this is much more shameful

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

op is your username pronounced like gaej-lion or ga-geleon

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Knock her up.

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
jsut do it or dont or whatever (i did not read a single word lol)

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Sever and kill yourself OP to start

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
suck her dick!

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I knew people who got married, had kids, then divorced in a shorter time than your relationship. Stop complaining

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

op take the effort you put into posting and divert it to not being a human being

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tane posted:

op take the effort you put into posting and divert it to not being a human being

Bog Chef
Apr 20, 2004

make me a pizza with toileto toppings
WALL OF EMOTIONAL TEXT

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bog Chef posted:

WALL OF EMOTIONAL TEXT

did anyone bother reading it? I know i didn't

sounds pretty tough
May 17, 2012

Being an asshole is just part of my manly essence
for fucks sake you seem reliant on other people for everything. Bringing in a third party to arbitrate your problems seems like a last ditch effort to hold the sand that's falling out of your hands and you've been "needing" it for far too long now. It's obvious she's more enamored with her solitary life than she is with the thought of you. You need to take a long hard look at this situation and engage yourself in some loving rationality. You are spineless. The torture you have been through trying to hold the bullshit you claim is a relationship is great practice for being alone. Get away from this girl. She isn't going to come around. She's not trying to get with your pee pee no more dude. Go bang some other chicks and cry into a pillow or some poo poo. You are way to educated to be letting yourself get strung along in this garbage.

Look at yourself from an outside perspective and recognize that your being hosed over.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Congrats op, you are free.

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Op put a baby in her that'll slow her

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

maker posted:

Op put a baby in her that'll slow her

i don't know. i've seen some pregnant ladies run pretty quick

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

sounds pretty tough posted:

for fucks sake you seem reliant on other people for everything. Bringing in a third party to arbitrate your problems seems like a last ditch effort to hold the sand that's falling out of your hands and you've been "needing" it for far too long now. It's obvious she's more enamored with her solitary life than she is with the thought of you. You need to take a long hard look at this situation and engage yourself in some loving rationality. You are spineless. The torture you have been through trying to hold the bullshit you claim is a relationship is great practice for being alone. Get away from this girl. She isn't going to come around. She's not trying to get with your pee pee no more dude. Go bang some other chicks and cry into a pillow or some poo poo. You are way to educated to be letting yourself get strung along in this garbage.

Look at yourself from an outside perspective and recognize that your being hosed over.

lmao

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
All I care about is the loving juicer you goddamn mongaloid shitposter.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

its a gagelion thread. you don't even need to read it to know its a dumb emo c/p. i actually saw the title and i immediately knew it was a gagelion thread (TM)

for some reason, people still haven't got that yet

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
tongue kiss the corn out of her poo poo OP

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
if u like it put a ring on it

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Xaris posted:

its a gagelion thread. you don't even need to read it to know its a dumb emo c/p. i actually saw the title and i immediately knew it was a gagelion thread (TM)

its pronounced evangelion human being

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW

THS posted:

op is your username pronounced like gaej-lion or ga-geleon

the second one

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

Of course not nobody read that

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Xaris posted:

for some reason, people still haven't got that yet

i think their just dumb for reading an op that long. if you can't make your point in gbs in one paragraph, reevaluate your life

Bog Chef
Apr 20, 2004

make me a pizza with toileto toppings

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

OP is trolling us, it's actually an analogy written from the perspective of Luke Skywalker fantasising about banging his sister.
Everyone fell for it.

Fool us once OP

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

for a bit i thought you were actually writing all this dumb poo poo every day. good lord.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
lol just scrolled to the second post and started reading

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
I've been chiseling woman shaped objects out of stone you can have one if you want. It's covered with moss so it has more life than what you presented here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bog Chef posted:

OP is trolling us, it's actually an analogy written from the perspective of Luke Skywalker fantasising about banging his sister.
Everyone fell for it.

Fool us once OP

See! This is why I never read the OP

• Locked thread