Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Obscil posted:

Choosing C is a bad decision. There is no way to hide the fact that you healed a wound that big, and there is no way you could have done it through any holy means. Your balls are happy to die for a noble cause. Using witchcraft to save a life turns it into something ignoble. I think Ira would probably rather die than be saved by witchcraft. That is how much it is reviled here. It is an unholy thing and this act will probably weaken our relationship with all of our balls, and if it reaches the city it will completely ruin any reputation we have and possibly get us sent into exile. What will happen to our son if we do this? Our wife? Our daughter? This act can only cause trouble.

C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
A

Too bad, no take-backs.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

DCBomB posted:

Mercy is never misplaced?

Yeah, your probably right. But, I'm an idiot and too invested in this game to let things even possibly go wrong.

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!
Changing from E to A.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Yeah. Thinking about it, no rewind feels better.

Changing from C to A.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
I'd rather not retcon anything, so I'm changing from E to A.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

No rewinds sounds good actually.
Switching my vote from C to A.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
C
"No Rewinds" would be a good policy, but the reason for the dagger and the medicine is for situations like this. That is why we held on to it, smuggled it around, etc. It would be a shame not to use it and I think we should have been offered the chance to use it. Its an important decision and it should be open to a vote. If people ask we tell them it was a gift from someone we met along the road. Witchcraft or not, the loss of a Blooded Man hurts the whole of Ur and if we can stop it we should do so.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

C

I would have used it even earlier actually. Things like this are meant to be spent, we're going to be feeling pretty stupid when we end up with a useless magical trinket when the whole word ends up being a barren ball of dust or something.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
Diog: I'm assuming the sum of the various "don't use the dagger" and "don't use the dagger and do x instead" votes will be counted together against the single "use the dagger" option? In any case, I'm changing my vote from E to A, no retcon. People die, them's the breaks, and I'd much rather save that dagger for whenever we inevitably need it to save our own rear end.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah on second thought C to A please.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

A

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009

A RICH WHITE MAN posted:

I'd much rather save that dagger for whenever we inevitably need it to save our own rear end.

That's a nice idea, but since we're likely the only ones who know to use it that way, good luck having a Ball accidently using it on us after we get cleaved in half with a great sword.

This is the pimp cane of healing all over again! Use it if ya got it for christ sakes. I'm voting 'C'!

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
A

Normally I'm all for this kind of stuff, but Ira doesn't deserve it. He fell in battle. Like a true warrior. He knew the risks when he signed on.

Keep the dagger for someone else. You'll regret it if we use it here, I swear it.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

You have a healing item, use it. C

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

A - no take backs

sorry Ira

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Missed one.

Neraren posted:

"Ish, a number of my common Balls have grown tremendously in strength over the last few years, to a point where they are performing as if they were more strongly blooded. Is this something I am doing unconsciously, as it was with Snarls, or are their own actions causing their blood to gain potency?"
Ishamal told you that "Even lesser Blooded men may have their blood gain potency as they age."

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Diogines posted:

Missed one.

Ishamal told you that "Even lesser Blooded men may have their blood gain potency as they age."

"But every one of them developing a presence, to a man? Is that something I am doing, or something they are doing?"

Crudus
Nov 14, 2006

A sorry Ira, we're just not that close.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Voting to save the dagger for Snarls or Danal only!

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
All this "no take backs" B.S. - all you gotta ask yourselves is, if Diog wouldn't have goofed, and Ira laid there bleeding to death, would you have voted to use the dagger, drat the consequences?

I've gotta think 8 out of 10 of us would have, and there would have been none of this "saving it for Snarls" shenanigans. We're being disingenuous now to go "Oh it was only Ira and he died once and it wasn't that bad."

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

C. We felt it was important somehow to keep our balls from death; let's do so. Try the sword on Ira (hope it works), and arrange for a quiet, private hunting trip with Puabi to replenish our healing supplies later.

Diogines posted:

Sorry, minivote :(. You know, the whole "telling, not just asking" thing. Do people want to do this?

Yes, ask Zeb and Ish if there is any truth to the Kardamim claims of having heroic men and having won victories over the men of Ur.

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 7, 2014

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Zybourne Clock posted:

3. At Indor's house:
* Indor once mentioned she could try to divine our father's identity if she had the proper materials. Ask her for a list of ingredients, then go fetch them.

Diogenes posted:

If there is a significant expressed amount of support for this, sure.

It is probably more complicated than a shopping list and a few days hunting.

I still support this. No harm in asking what she needs...right?

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Task Manager posted:

I still support this. No harm in asking what she needs...right?

I also support asking. I'm curious. I expect, when she answers, that I'll not support getting all the supplies for one reason or another, but I'm kind of curious what she'd say.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Yes to all minivotes.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Task Manager posted:

All this "no take backs" B.S. - all you gotta ask yourselves is, if Diog wouldn't have goofed, and Ira laid there bleeding to death, would you have voted to use the dagger, drat the consequences?

I've gotta think 8 out of 10 of us would have, and there would have been none of this "saving it for Snarls" shenanigans. We're being disingenuous now to go "Oh it was only Ira and he died once and it wasn't that bad."

Part of the interactive nature of the game is working within the mistakes of both the players and the narrator. If Diog didn't goof, do you really think Bareen would have chosen the one day twice the number of supermen were in town to culminate her grand plan?

There are other examples, but why bother recounting them? It's actually a good thing. Real people make mistakes, fail to think through all their options, or hesitate.

A. No retcons.

knaelidos
Dec 29, 2012
Breaking my long dry spell of not voting and simply observing the story to throw in my opinion that we should use the curative, we can always work for another emergency cure, screw the time continuum, give destiny a wedgie till it cries uncle Jonah. We caused this with our carelessness. Let's make things right. C

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Obscil posted:

Choosing C is a bad decision. There is no way to hide the fact that you healed a wound that big, and there is no way you could have done it through any holy means. Your balls are happy to die for a noble cause. Using witchcraft to save a life turns it into something ignoble. I think Ira would probably rather die than be saved by witchcraft. That is how much it is reviled here. It is an unholy thing and this act will probably weaken our relationship with all of our balls, and if it reaches the city it will completely ruin any reputation we have and possibly get us sent into exile. What will happen to our son if we do this? Our wife? Our daughter? This act can only cause trouble.

C

:munch:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

A No take backs. Besides, I don't want to have to "forget" burning like a sun. Ira is fine, he's gone the the mountain and everything is okay.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

A I was going to vote C, but i think I've been convinced to go for no retcons instead.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
C. If I'd been caught up at the time, I would've voted for more careful preparation before Big Game Hunting. :colbert:

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
A.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

knaelidos posted:

Breaking my long dry spell of not voting and simply observing the story to throw in my opinion that we should use the curative, we can always work for another emergency cure, screw the time continuum, give destiny a wedgie till it cries uncle Jonah. We caused this with our carelessness. Let's make things right. C

I agree with this. I am also voting C

Daned
Jan 14, 2008

Angela Christine posted:

A No take backs. Besides, I don't want to have to "forget" burning like a sun. Ira is fine, he's gone the the mountain and everything is okay.

+1 vote to A

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
A. No take backs

I don't want to have to forget a cool line like "You're burning like the sun!"

We were too late, the dagger was with the mules, and Ira dies before we can save him.

Magnus Venator
Jul 17, 2006

Trekker på 1/5 sek. Svak for kvinner og hasard. Nervøs, innesluttet, med psykopatiske trekk.

Affi posted:

A. No take backs

We were too late, the dagger was with the mules, and Ira dies before we can save him.

Fully agree with this.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

C

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004

Affi posted:

A. No take backs

Yeah it was such an awesome scene that I feel it cannot be undone.

A

Jesus is colourblin
Apr 13, 2008

Being colourblind ain't easy :(

Affi posted:

A. No take backs

+1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
I would have voted to use the dagger had we been given the chance. However for the integrity of the story I'm going to switch from C to A.