Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011

Krinkle posted:

The first episode of the anime had him within walking distance of both the outer gate, watching the rangers come in and cry about dying in vain, and the inner gate when everyone ran to the boats and sailed twenty meters into the next ring. So I'm thinking wall to wall city in the outer ring and also the outer ring is not unfathomably large. When they were hookshotting all over the city in the middle part of the anime I am thinking "this is reclaiming the outer ring again, that rock smashed erin's house and now it is plugging up the hole. This is thematic and now they can go see what is in the basement."

But now they're in the actual outer ring and they ride horses all day through empty land and occasionally find a city or abandoned castle while looking for the hole in the wall and I don't understand the world anymore.

There are three concentric rings of walls. The walls have cities embedded in the wall at each of the four cardinal directions, and each city has two gates--one that leads to the lands outside that wall, and one to the lands inside the wall.

Eren's city, Shinganshina, is in the outer of the three walls and is only in the first two episodes. The Colossal Titan kicks in the outer gate, and the Armored Titan breaks open the inner.

After the timeskip and training, the Colossal shows up and kicks in the outer gate of Trost, which is in the middle wall. The boulder they plug it up with was quarried at Trost to be transported to Shinganshina to plug up one of the gates there.

The maps in the manga and the anime's eycatches make much of this pretty clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Or, in other terms, one and a half walls were broken into, and then the half was fixed by Eren with the boulder. After that we got caught up in a bunch of craziness and haven't really done much with the walls. Edit: And the basement is in the furthest possible section, so we're not seeing it for a while unless the heroes go on a wall-sealing rampage.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jul 24, 2014

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
We'll never see the basement either. Never ever!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Squallege posted:

We'll never see the basement either. Never ever!

We'll see it, but we'll have had all the answers given to us by then so it will be meaningless.

...Except for one single thing hidden in the corner of it that will be of vital importance.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

TheKingofSprings posted:

We'll see it, but we'll have had all the answers given to us by then so it will be meaningless.

...Except for one single thing hidden in the corner of it that will be of vital importance.

A bunch of tiny Eren fetuses in bottles.

DiscoMouse
May 16, 2005

by XyloJW
The outer wall has the diameter of France, so they'll have plenty of excuses for stalling the basement to come.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
What if they just rush to the edge of the wall with a group of the most resourceful Titan fighters, and leave the best human fighters inside with Eren?

My understanding is that Titans are attracted to humans, but that what really gets them is shifters. So as long as Eren doesn't go with them, they should be fine.

In fact, they could move Eren to one of the northern edge cities, and the titans should follow him there and pile up outside that wall, leaving minimal interference in the south side where Shinganshina is.

Also, where the titans are piling up is a good indication of where shifters are going

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
There was once named a man named Grisha, who was king of the spoilers.
He had fame, power and wealth beyond your wildest dreams.
Before his son ate him, these were the words he said:
My fortune is yours for the taking, but you'll have to find it first.
I left everything I own in ONE BASEMENT.

Ever since, shifters from all over the world set sail for Shiganshina:
Searching for basement, the treasure that would make their dreams come true.

YO!
Yah yoh, YAH yoh!
Dreamin! Don't give it up, Eren.
Dreamin! Don't give it up, Armin.
Dreamin! Don't give up, Mikasa.
Dreamin! Don't give it, give it up, give it up, give it up, give it YO!

Here's how the story goes, we find out out 'bout a treasure in the basement, there's no doubt;
The shifter whose eye is on it, he'll sing: I'll be king of the titans, I'm gonna be king!

His name is Eren! That's Eren Jaeger.
Gonne be KING OF THE TITANS!
He's made of anger!
How did that happen?
Yohoho a titan ate him mum-mum.

His name's Armin, he's just like a psychopath.
And there's L-A-D-Y, Mikasa's wrath.
The Survey Corp comin' through, doin' their thing
With the king of the titans, he's gonne be king.

Set sail for basement
That's the name of the treasure in Shiganshina.
Set sail for BASEMENT!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Attack on Titan by 4Kids is something I want now.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Millions posted:

Yohoho a titan ate him mum-mum.

Shoulda sent a poet.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Eren's mom isn't dead, she just disappeared in a portal to the Shadow Realm through Chuckles' mouth.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Legs! Where we are going, we wont need legs!

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Eren's mom isn't dead, she just disappeared in a portal to the Shadow Realm through Chuckles' mouth.

I will send all the titans into the next dimension.

Edit it so that Eren doesn't bite his thumb but rips into a piece of jerky or a slim jim or something.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Szmitten posted:

I will send all the titans into the next dimension.

Edit it so that Eren doesn't bite his thumb but rips into a piece of jerky or a slim jim or something.

"Snap into a slim jim! OHHHHH YEAHHHHHH!" *Eren turns into giant Macho Man Randy Savage*
*All the other titans have pro wrestler costumes edited onto them*

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Marco Bott, sent to the Home For Infinite Losers

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Bluemillion posted:

"Snap into a slim jim! OHHHHH YEAHHHHHH!" *Eren turns into giant Macho Man Randy Savage*
*All the other titans have pro wrestler costumes edited onto them*
This would be one of those cases where a localization vastly improves the show.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Cardboard Box A posted:

This would be one of those cases where a localization vastly improves the show.

Replace the crack of thunder when the Colossal Titan shows up with the Undertaker's gong. Giant black hat appears behind Eren.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

But who would be the Vince McMahon Titan?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

AradoBalanga posted:

But who would be the Vince McMahon Titan?

Levi: IT WAS ME, EREN! IT WAS ME, ALL ALONG!
Armin: Awww, son of a bitch!

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

They'd do what the German Naruto dub did to the Uchiha Clan and say she was kidnapped by the titans. Just edit in the sound of her giving herself up to save her kids while looping the footage of Eren being carried away and there you go.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

Levi: IT WAS ME, EREN! IT WAS ME, ALL ALONG!
Armin: Awww, son of a bitch!

Dubbing JR voiceovers into some of the fights in the anime would be pretty easy and would likely be hilarious.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Dubbing JR voiceovers into some of the fights in the anime would be pretty easy and would likely be hilarious.

For the inside-the-flesh-cockpit shots Just edit some musculature lines around the eyes of Vince in that gif where he looks visibly aroused.

Also Chris Benoit ate his own family.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Also Chris Benoit ate his own family.

:vince:
Holy poo poo.
Edit: On second thought, the joke that was here was in pretty bad taste.

Bluemillion fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 6, 2014

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Pyrotoad posted:

They'd do what the German Naruto dub did to the Uchiha Clan and say she was kidnapped by the titans. Just edit in the sound of her giving herself up to save her kids while looping the footage of Eren being carried away and there you go.

Oh god, I can just imagine the opening; "Seid ihr das Essen? Nein, wir sind der Jäger! Beliiiiiiiiiiiiieve it! (or GLAUUUUUUUUUUUBEN, I dunno)"

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 7, 2014

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2

Bluemillion posted:

:vince:
Holy poo poo.
Edit: On second thought, the joke that was here was in pretty bad taste.

It's SA who gives a poo poo besides some whiny spergs?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Oh god, I can just imagine the opening; "Seid ihr das Essen? Nein, wir sind der Jäger! Beliiiiiiiiiiiiieve it!"

MiKAsa, is really cool!
Armin, the beautiful!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

BAH GAWD HE BROKE HIM IN HALF. RING THE drat BELL REF.

Best dub would be Eren Titan when he gets slammed into the ground by Reiner Titan

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

JethroMcB posted:

Replace the crack of thunder when the Colossal Titan shows up with the Undertaker's gong. Giant black hat appears behind Eren.
Then when Eren turns have him wear a giant cowboy hat and have him lariat the gently caress out of every titan he sees. :get in:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

How often does a new chapter come out? Feels like I caught up two months ago. Is it on a hiatus like liar game was for a few years?

AshB
Sep 16, 2007

Bluemillion posted:

pretty bad taste.

Not doing much better there, chum.

Cute n Popular
Oct 12, 2012

Krinkle posted:

How often does a new chapter come out? Feels like I caught up two months ago. Is it on a hiatus like liar game was for a few years?

Once a month.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Krinkle posted:

Crunchyroll says it'll have the next chapter up in 1 day and 17 hours

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Let the monthly slamming of f5 for raws commence.

It is almost never out before saturday, do not do this.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I asked Batoto to tell me when a new issue comes out but they have every language under the same follow button so every time a back issue got translated into Portuguese or Russian I my hopes raised momentarily.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Krinkle posted:

I asked Batoto to tell me when a new issue comes out but they have every language under the same follow button so every time a back issue got translated into Portuguese or Russian I my hopes raised momentarily.

You can actually select which language you want to see in the front page, if you have an account. Just below the "search comics" box there's a section called "language settings", click the link called "alter settings", then tick "show selected languages", and select the language you want. That way you'll see the chapters in the language you want to read.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

http://imgur.com/a/9zc7Q That's pretty funny. Volume 14's fake preview.

"Daily grooming routine for the world's strongest gal"
"Just what exactly is Mikasa doing to herself?"
Eren: "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!"

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
This month's installment is translated! In this volume, Levi takes his shirt off!
:angel:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Squidster posted:

This month's installment is translated! In this volume, Levi takes his shirt off!
:angel:
Why would Reiner be bothered by guys talking about him? Wasn't it implied he was gay?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Terper posted:

Why would Reiner be bothered by guys talking about him? Wasn't it implied he was gay?

Reiner the Soldier is straight. Reiner the Warrior is implied to be gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fair enough!(?)