Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bike without wheels
Jan 2, 2005

this post
what would it be? im thinking like one race of super attractive, intelligent, athletic motherfuckers and goony shitlords (funnily enough, the goony shitlordds reach technological singularity first and are actually just amorphous blobs with cables attaching them to their wow servers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
they did tho there was hobbit island until they all loving died plus a few other spin offs and some that were cousins until we murdered them all and raped them in to homogeneity

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
probably that one you said i guess

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
The Blacks and the Whites.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
hey op if i make fun of goony shitlords will it distract from how much of a nerd i am in comparison to people who dont post on internet forums please let me know asap

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Actually op humanity will split into many species as we slowly colonize the galaxy and the various populations become isolated from one another and engage in genetic tailoring to better suit their environments.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
FYAD and BYOB

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lawman 0 posted:

Actually op humanity will split into many species as we slowly colonize the galaxy and the various populations become isolated from one another and engage in genetic tailoring to better suit their environments.

wouldn't that be genus?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

wouldn't that be genus?

yeah I guess it would eventually go to that level given enough time

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
err wait not genus, whatever is below species. like, a human with gills or 12 tits is still basically a human just a bit different from the original

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
men women

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

err wait not genus, whatever is below species. like, a human with gills or 12 tits is still basically a human just a bit different from the original

subspecies are frankly probably not that far off once we start seeing genetic enhancement and stuff like that come to fruition

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Lawman 0 posted:

a thousand years later, brave humans will travel the galaxy looking for new species of humans to gently caress.

Robo Reagan posted:

that basically just comes down to whether they can make fertile babies, doesn't it? if homo titius can make babies with homo sapiens then they're still the same species, if they can't they're not.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I think there is sub classifications under speccies. It's like variety and form, except instead of the English words they use Latin so they can make it unnecessarily complicated.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
latin is a loving awful language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI8UZubOJlo

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
Malatoran cyberdragons and slave stock, duh

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
lol u think goons gently caress enough to have therr oewn soecies also lol u think goons are smart at all and not just srelf important borderline retards

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
i just pooped from my butt and the poop was like a foot long lmao who wants a five dollar foot long lmfao

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

ilikedirt posted:

lol u think goons gently caress enough to have therr oewn soecies also lol u think goons are smart at all and not just srelf important borderline retards

p. lol actually

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

a thousand years later, brave humans will travel the galaxy looking for new species of humans to gently caress.

that basically just comes down to whether they can make fertile babies, doesn't it? if homo titius can make babies with homo sapiens then they're still the same species, if they can't they're not.

I mean we got freaky with the Neanderthals which were def a different species and made some fertile babies which is how we got some of their genes in our genome.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 641 days!

Lawman 0 posted:

oh stop it, you know drat well we're gonna die on this rock and it's probably for the best anyway.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Cesar Cedeno posted:

oh stop it, you know drat well we're gonna die on this rock and it's probably for the best anyway.

I think at this point we have a decent chance at survival and if we do can look forward to colonizing a few dozen stars.
the earth and the natural environment of course is hosed but that was literally was basically set in stone since the 80's

Aug 4, 2010

i am willing to impregnate a goon to see if we can create a brand new species, this is a once in a life time offer ladies

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
colonizing other planets seems less likely than colonizing space its self in giant ships. things are just too far away

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Goon-locks and Normies.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Lawman 0 posted:

I mean we got freaky with the Neanderthals which were def a different species and made some fertile babies which is how we got some of their genes in our genome.
you're right, it's not exactly a perfect definition.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

colonizing other planets seems less likely than colonizing space its self in giant ships. things are just too far away

could have a generation ship as an interstellar party bus that drops some people and equipment as it passes through a star system or w/e

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Dean of Swing posted:

Goon-locks and Normies.

Well goons have already got the looks down and caves are pretty much basements... soooooo

gotta start eating people guys. thank god im a normie, i just eat fruit and lounge around outside in the sun all day

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
OP you sound like a real Homo erectus hehehe
Fagotherium erogenes
Queerodon gymnolaemata

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

1. normal cool people
2. the OP, the worst person on earth (who cannot reproduce w normal humans :mmmhmm:)

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
It will be exactly like that new sci fi movie with Matt damon(Elysium). There will be people on the station and people in deep poo poo. Which one will you be?

Robo Reagan posted:

The enormous astronomical space between us and our new home planet will be overcome by a simple mere idea of a tiny little human. Just like any problem really :D Stuff that is unthinkable will be easy peasy in 100years if not sooner. I already saw a concept of self replicating robots swarming to the next star. Of course this will only stay true if we castrate/cage people like islamists or tea party voters.

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 7, 2014

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

FunkyFlashman posted:

It will be exactly like that new sci fi movie with Matt damon. There will be people on the station and people in deep poo poo. Which one will you be?
in hell with MATT DEMON...

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

It's funny you say that because years ago I read an article saying that exact thing will happen.

Human species 'may split in two'

quote:

Evolutionary theorist Oliver Curry of the London School of Economics expects a genetic upper class and a dim-witted underclass to emerge.

The human race would peak in the year 3000, he said - before a decline due to dependence on technology.

People would become choosier about their sexual partners, causing humanity to divide into sub-species, he added.

The descendants of the genetic upper class would be tall, slim, healthy, attractive, intelligent, and creative and a far cry from the "underclass" humans who would have evolved into dim-witted, ugly, squat goblin-like creatures.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
Smart people and dumb people gently caress all the time and always have though how would that work

Is being smart even a survival trait anymore, probably sapience is gonna be like the appendix of the year 200,000 but we'll all be naturals at updating Facebook and looking busy

Tubgirl Cosplay fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 7, 2014

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Clochette posted:

It's funny you say that because years ago I read an article saying that exact thing will happen.

Human species 'may split in two'

this is retarded how would goblins ever form this is loving stupid. Of course the upper echelon is the smart and beautiful and the filthy proles are loving moron subhumans yes. Yeah it's genetics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

quote:

Evolutionary theorist Oliver Curry of the London School of Economics
loving expert lol

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i thought before being smart is important being able to be violent enough to be an apex predator is the most important thing.

Aug 4, 2010

quote:

the "underclass" humans who would have evolved into dim-witted, ugly, squat goblin-like creatures.

looking around some towns in the uk this has already happened

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
why it gotta be discrete yo. this ain't no craigslist m4t ad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
i mean do you want a real answer. it would be one side, the majority, bred or genetically altered over time to be happy but stupid and docile that do everything and are happy with what they have (probably some kind of happy pill or chemical in the water or something along those lines as well) and then the other side who do nothing but are smarter than everyone else. any anomalies are sterilized and thus it will reinforce itself

• Locked thread