Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
All of these are my favorite war planes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

This is my favorite plane :allears:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The B-52 at altitude is just spooky looking. I had one orbiting 1,000 ft below our jet and offset to the side. It's just a ghoulish looking thing.

This is also my favorite war plane.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Shine on you crazy, lovely, diamond.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

I also like many planes (SR-71 is the best).

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
dat side mounted sidewinder :swoon:

The Corsair is extremely my poo poo. It was the first jet that I ever flew in those old Jane's PC game anthologies.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
The undisputed G.O.A.T. has four gats

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Neo Duckberg posted:

:fap:

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

compressioncut
Sep 3, 2003

Eat knuckle, Fritz!

Neo Duckberg posted:

Yeah that's gotta be a BS loadout. It looks like they might have a 5th one on centerline because it doesn't look like the 600gal tank.

Here's a real one. "Chico the Gunfighter," 421st TFS, was modified to work as on-call ground attack, carrying Rockeyes, two gunpods and the internal cannon (it's an E-model Phantom). The only one so modified to carry the Rockeyes.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The men in these photos have a legit k/d ratio higher than most in history. And I'm not counting piddly poo poo like Stalin ordering the purges, I mean for real.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

The men in these photos have a legit k/d ratio higher than most in history. And I'm not counting piddly poo poo like Stalin ordering the purges, I mean for real.

Only the bombardier should get the stats.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

holocaust bloopers posted:

dat side mounted sidewinder :swoon:

The Corsair is extremely my poo poo. It was the first jet that I ever flew in those old Jane's PC game anthologies.

That's not a Corsair, it's a Crusader (even better), the last gunfighter.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

iyaayas01 posted:

He's talking about the Corsair pic at the top

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Wrong, the V bomber fleet also ruled.

:circlefap:

godammit youse always forget the otherone

built because well,... ...we might have to wait a year for the others... and it would look good if we could fly v-bombers in a vee formation :haw:

iyaayas01 posted:

Hah, never noticed the teardrop before

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 7, 2014

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

iyaayas01 posted:

4 gun kills and 15 Sidewinder kills. :ironicat:

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Speaking of incredible aircraft sounds, I saw a B-52 take off once and it ranked easily in the top 3 loudest loving things I'd ever heard. Then I visited some buddies in Aldermaston, England 2 years back and during a trip to Newbury, we sat outside some cafe having beers when the world ended. Imagine several million wailing dogs being flayed alive before having a nuke go off in your ear canal several times over. Then a gigantic, menacing black triangle blotted out the sun for a few seconds and half a minute later, we were able to talk again.
Turns out there's some huge plant from the Atomic Weapons Establishment on a former RAF base there with an airfield next to it and a Vulcan bomber was going there to do nukey things or something, idk.

I've never thought a man-made machine, let alone an aircraft would be capable of making sounds like that.

The only two things comparable in noise to an SR-71 taking off that I've experienced are a full grid of 3L F1 cars going past at full chat at Monaco (where I was standing about 10' away from the armco) and seeing the Space Shuttle take off (standing about as close as they let anyone get, just the far side of the big clock). The SR-71 was still louder than either of those.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Awesome picture...I love green A-10s & F-4s. Fair chance my dad worked on that A-10, too.

Edit: there were nukes at our base, too, but I think they might have been removed before we got there.

Crescendo
Apr 24, 2005

Strafe those atheistic degenerates. Color them green with lots of holes.

iyaayas01 posted:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Anarchy 2016

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

YF-12 next to some long range air to air missile.

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b60OZhrTB6o

:eyepop: :china:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You could use that to dig up Billy Mays and make a mint selling them on QVC.

Mr Crustacean
May 13, 2009

one (1) robosexual

Looks useful as gently caress. I'd buy one of those and chuck it in the car.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Hell yeah oars! :bustem:

I just used mine to sit on and prop me up during field shits

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST
I don't remember if there is a vendor for these in the states or not. I remember seeing a bunch of people discussing this on another site when they came out. Another video showed dudes cooking on the shovel surface which was :barf: because I don't see them using non-toxic coatings on these things but who knows.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I'd like to think that's a middle eastern Hertz office.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=099UChPu6tQ

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Apparently the Gurkha dude who beheaded a Taliban commander to confirm the commanders ID was finally acquitted of any wrong doing.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
So basically Gurkhas are Space Marines living and dying to serve the Emperor Elizabeth II?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I don't know if it's just the ones living in certain areas (Sherpas) but they do have some physiological advantages mostly with their heart and oxygen I think. Too lazy to google

I knew they had a long history but I didn't know they were still doing poo poo. Thought it was just WW2 and on as well.

This dude comes to mind

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1369743/Gurkha-fought-Taliban-awarded-Gallantry-Cross.html

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 9, 2014

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

:lol: their knockoff Spam is called "ham" :lol:

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

China will grow larger.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I loving loved command and conquer generals and now we get it almost in real time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgunE4MBDaE

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

I loving loved command and conquer generals and now we get it almost in real time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgunE4MBDaE

Looks like they were atomizing an abandoned field gun or something. I'd doubt centcom would release :krad: kill vids.

Or is that a couple of bad browns chillin, I can't make it out.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

This looks like a kill vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR8jI_cerss

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

How's that Facebook business working out for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Two cars in the road?

• Locked thread