Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tenebrais posted:

She does have a tendency to go without sleep for days at a time.

The enormous amounts of eyeshadow/huge bags caused by sleep deprivation aren't doing any favors either. The girl does not look well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Hello boys!

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
I can't believe Jack has another girlfriend already

Also whoever organized this cruise, you have hosed up severely

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Tollymain posted:

I don't understand.

I was comically exaggerating my surprise at the fact that Paz is pronounced "Path" instead of "Pass" as I have been pronouncing it in my head since she was introduced.

In reality, this is not actually a big deal. I am a little annoyed with myself about it, though, since I knew how z was pronounced in Spain-flavor Spanish and I still thought of her name like Latin-America-flavor Spanish for no good reason.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Tollymain posted:

I don't understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t48sqVVkd0A

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

idonotlikepeas posted:

I was comically exaggerating my surprise at the fact that Paz is pronounced "Path" instead of "Pass" as I have been pronouncing it in my head since she was introduced.

In reality, this is not actually a big deal. I am a little annoyed with myself about it, though, since I knew how z was pronounced in Spain-flavor Spanish and I still thought of her name like Latin-America-flavor Spanish for no good reason.

I've always pronounced it the same way Big Boss does in Peace Walker.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Tenebrais posted:

She does have a tendency to go without sleep for days at a time.

Yeah but it just looks worse for some reason.

The girl has seen some poo poo.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

As for Zimmy, she does not seem to be doing well with being on water. I wonder if she knew it'd be like that when she decided to go.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
It would appear Zimmy has no sea-legs and she seems to be finding this out the hard way.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I've always pronounced it the same way Big Boss does in Peace Walker.

That's how anyone in Latin America would pronounce it (Pas). In Spain they pronounce the "z" a bit more like "th" (not exactly though). A lot of people who are having trouble with English pronunciation are told to pronounce the "th" sound like a z, which is also close but not quite enough.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Tenebrais posted:

As for Zimmy, she does not seem to be doing well with being on water. I wonder if she knew it'd be like that when she decided to go.

She only went because Gamma wanted to go. :unsmith:

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Panel four Zimmy is amazing.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I read Monster Pulse and I just learned secondhand from her news post that Tom is going to be at SPX this year.

And I went and was there last year drat.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
My first interpretation was that Gamma and Zimmy's cabin is the utility closet. I choose to believe this as fact until proven otherwise.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Jenny has really let herself go since we last saw her.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Diet Poison posted:

My first interpretation was that Gamma and Zimmy's cabin is the utility closet. I choose to believe this as fact until proven otherwise.

They're not supposed to be there and are hiding out in the utility closet.

Annie (later on): "So where are Gamma and Zimmy? I haven't seen them since this morning."

Kat: "oh, them: they're still in the closet, I guess!"

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jack and Zimmy are totally gonna have weird, spiky-toothed makeouts and it's gonna piss Jack's girlfriend AND Gamma off and it's gonna be hilarious.

:colbert:

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Man poor Gamma looks pretty bad. Long term Zimmy exposure can't be good for your health.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

rotinaj posted:

Jack and Zimmy are totally gonna have weird, spiky-toothed makeouts and it's gonna piss Jack's girlfriend AND Gamma off and it's gonna be hilarious.

:colbert:

http://gunnerkrigg.com/zimmy.html

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
gamma has started to show symptoms similar to zimmy due to long term exposure to weird creepycity

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

amishjosh posted:

gamma has started to show symptoms similar to zimmy due to long term exposure to weird creepycity

I thought it was more from massive sleep deprivation...but I'm sure creepycity exposure isn't exactly helping either.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

You're all a bunch of negative nancies. The simple explanation is that Gamma is just so drat psyched to be on a boat.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Perestroika posted:

You're all a bunch of negative nancies. The simple explanation is that Gamma is just so drat psyched to be on a boat.
Well boats are pretty cool so this makes sense.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Umiapik posted:

They're not supposed to be there and are hiding out in the utility closet.

Annie (later on): "So where are Gamma and Zimmy? I haven't seen them since this morning."

Kat: "oh, them: they're still in the closet, I guess!"

Well yeah, that's the obvious real explanation. I mean, to overexplain one step further, it's probably the only place where Gamma can see the ocean in person, not through a window, and Zimmy can hide from it for Zimmy Reasons, and they can still be together. All Gamma has to do is open the door a bit.

I really like these two, and hope this arc features them heavily.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

Perestroika posted:

she's been so excited that she hasn't been able to sleep, explaining the circles around her eyes.

but when she does inevitably fall asleep, zimmy is gonna take them on a cruise into...the creepytown zone.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I hope this turns into a fun murder mystery, the way characters are getting introduced in the chapter gives me that impression.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Diet Poison posted:

Well yeah, that's the obvious real explanation. I mean, to overexplain one step further, it's probably the only place where Gamma can see the ocean in person, not through a window, and Zimmy can hide from it for Zimmy Reasons, and they can still be together. All Gamma has to do is open the door a bit.

Well, I meant it as a lesbian joke but your explanation works too, I guess v:shobon:v

SHISHKABOB posted:

I hope this turns into a fun murder mystery, the way characters are getting introduced in the chapter gives me that impression.

I think Gamma and Zimmy are going to spectacularly fall out, with Gamma's increasingly burned-out appearance being the 1st hint of this. Jack, Jenny and Annie will provide a subplot for the chapter. I'm anticipating lots and lots of deathglares occurring :neckbeard:

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
hrm, does zimmy still see kat as weird machinepigeongod?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

amishjosh posted:

hrm, does zimmy still see kat as weird machinepigeongod?

I don't see why she would have stopped, so

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Good: that potentially means more pictures of a puzzled looking Kat with an invisible pigeon on her head.

You can never have too many pictures of a puzzled Kat with an invisible pigeon on her head.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Rasamune posted:

I don't see why she would have stopped, so

On the other hand, Zimmy didn't start seeing Kat as robo-bug monster until things started going wrong for her, in some way that still isn't quite clear. After Gamma left the room in Divine, she was okay with Kat for a while. It was only after the point where she mentioned that things were going bad that she has the bad reaction to Kat. Before that she was just giggling at pigeon-head.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I think she always sees Kat like that as part of her crazy but Gamma helps filter that out normally.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Under normal conditions she just sees Kat as a giant walking nose.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

SHISHKABOB posted:

Jenny will turn out to be a despicable monster that will leave us all wondering why Jack is even friends with her or why he gave the impression that they had been friends because her attitude was transparent from the moment she was introduced to the audience.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Gamma falls asleep, Zimmy has an episode, and Lindsey gets pulled into it.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we're about to find out gamma isn't a ground to zimmy's etheric current

she's a capacitor :getin:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Cernunnos posted:

It would appear Zimmy has no sea-legs and she seems to be finding this out the hard way.
Let me be the first to say that I don't want to see what it looks like when Zimmy loses her lunch.

Perestroika posted:

It's the best thing. :kimchi:

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Panel 5 Paz would probably make a good avatar. But the only text to go with it that I can come up with is some variation of "This is a nice boat."

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
All I can think is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Zimmy must have a pretty terrible aversion to the sea. I know most people, even those prone to seasickness, don't have as much trouble with giant cruise ships. They're so big, and typically have giant stabilizers, that it's more like just being in a building than on a boat.