Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're trying to draw that lucrative British, awake at 5am local time, with access to CBS market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

You well know that's not what I'm saying. Let me restate: If nobody in this country wanted the job, couldn't we at least have grabbed one of the British comedians that has more experience in conversational-style comedy?

fake edit: In writing the above, I realized that anyone generally considered better is hosting something else over there already, so my question is a bit moot. The main thrust of what I'm trying to say is this: CBS couldn't get anyone known for anything better (in America) than a two-episode guest star on a British import show to host this. Uh oh.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
They should have backed up an armored truck full of crisp 10,000 dollar bills to Ricky Gervais' house if they were looking for a big name Brit comedian, though that is probably not a realistic scenario.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I think we can all agree that Stephen Fry should move to LA and host a late night talk show in America.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

counterfeitsaint posted:

I think we can all agree that Stephen Fry should move to LA and host a late night talk show in America.

I've thought about this, and I don't think he'd be a good fit at all. The actual interview part would probably be wonderful, but I just can't see him doing the standup part. Thankfully, I don't think he would consider doing this for minute anyway.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Gonz posted:

They should have backed up an armored truck full of crisp 10,000 dollar bills to Ricky Gervais' house if they were looking for a big name Brit comedian, though that is probably not a realistic scenario.
He'd do 12 shows and then quit.

counterfeitsaint posted:

If only, Fry having his own late-night show on in the US would be amazing. But that would mean no more QI which would be an unbearable loss.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Stare-Out posted:

If only, Fry having his own late-night show on in the US would be amazing. But that would mean no more QI which would be an unbearable loss.

Please, a Late Night show every night would barely be a bump in his schedule at the rate he goes at.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

DominoDancing posted:

I've thought about this, and I don't think he'd be a good fit at all. The actual interview part would probably be wonderful, but I just can't see him doing the standup part. Thankfully, I don't think he would consider doing this for minute anyway.

If Fry were to do this (hypothetically) he'd probably switch the show back to more of a straight talk show format, ala Tom Snyder.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Stephen Fry wouldn't fit at all, but like 80% of the regulars that go on QI would have been perfect.

Alan Davies, Bill Bailey, Phil Jupitus, Sean Lock, Rob Brydon, Dara O Briain, Ross Noble, etc etc.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Stephen Fry with Hugh Laurie as his sidekick.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

EnsGDT posted:

Alan Davies, Bill Bailey, Phil Jupitus, Sean Lock, Rob Brydon, Dara O Briain, Ross Noble, etc etc.

The thing is that I highly doubt most of these would have any interest to pack up their lifes and move to America for a job like this. The one person where I have absolutely no doubt that they'd jump at the opportunity to do it is Jimmy Carr. He just always seems extremely determined and ambitious.

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

Craig Ferguson could have gone balls deep in about two thirds of all the guests he's ever had, including both Kate Mara and Neil Patrick Harris. James Corden is too fat and English to bring that raw sexual grime to late night, and I don't see either of the Jimmys stepping up. I don't want to see that, either.

Skunny Wundy fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Aug 8, 2014

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Dara o Briain would of been awesome. The guys funny as hell, knows how to host a show, and also then US late night tv would have two O'Brien/o Briain's (the different spelling would just add to the amusement.)

ufarn
May 30, 2009

dr_rat posted:

Dara o Briain would of been awesome. The guys funny as hell, knows how to host a show, and also then US late night tv would have two O'Brien/o Briain's (the different spelling would just add to the amusement.)
I think Americans would have a hard time of understanding him, though.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Skunny Wundy posted:

Craig Ferguson could have gone balls deep in about two thirds of all the guests he's ever had, including both Kate Mara and Neil Patrick Harris. James Corden is too fat and English to bring that raw sexual grime to late night, and I don't see either of the Jimmys stepping up. I don't want to see that, either.

To be fair I don't think there's anyone anywhere that could flirt with guests the way Craig does.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

DominoDancing posted:

The thing is that I highly doubt most of these would have any interest to pack up their lifes and move to America for a job like this. The one person where I have absolutely no doubt that they'd jump at the opportunity to do it is Jimmy Carr. He just always seems extremely determined and ambitious.

Oh my God I would watch Jimmy Carr every night.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

EnsGDT posted:

Oh my God I would watch Jimmy Carr every night.

He'd run out of willing guests pretty quick.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

MikeJF posted:

He'd run out of willing guests pretty quick.

He could develop a new late-night format based around heckling the audience.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

thexerox123 posted:

I'd watch every night, and probably do anything possible to get into the audience.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWRYcaLRPpo

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

I see your Kimmel and raise you a Conan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eT_pEJ2TCc

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

thexerox123 posted:

For anyone that doesn't understand how amazing this would be, please to enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzLlLM7Rgm8

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

I too have wished that naptime lasted forever on occasion.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

EnsGDT posted:

Okay yeah gently caress it I knew Jimmy Carr was good from QI and 8 out of 10 Cats but this seals it; make CBS broadcast LLS from London for this man.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

thexerox123 posted:

This gives me a great idea: give Don Rickles the Late Late Show until he dies, also let him continue hosting after he dies

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DoombatINC posted:

This gives me a great idea: give Don Rickles the Late Late Show until he dies, also let him continue hosting after he dies
Late Night At Bernie's

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

EnsGDT posted:

I knew him before, but, in this context, yes, sold.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Final Late Late Show tix at 1PM PT

Chand0X
Sep 15, 2003

Dr Tran posted:

Final Late Late Show tix at 1PM PT

I got 2 requested for December 19th and got the notification that they are on a waitlist right when they went up. Is everyone else waitlisted? I had checked at 1:00 and they weren't up yet. They were finally up about 1:30.

edit a day later: Got notification this morning that the tickets were available to claim. Claimed 2 for the final show.

Chand0X fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 12, 2014

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Chand0X posted:

Got notification this morning that the tickets were available to claim. Claimed 2 for the final show.

Were you able to get priority? I usually get priority but got general seating this time.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jesus Christ, Fallon had a House Of Cards parody bit on his show tonight in which Jay Leno pushed him in front of a moving train and killed him :staredog:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Has Craig done the show this week? He was supposed to have Jim Gaffigan on Monday night and another show last night but I can't find anything on either show anywhere. The newest ep on the CBS TLLS page is the 8/8 one.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

That would be sort of interesting if Leno becomes a recurring character on the show as a guy who always tries to kill Jimmy.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Stare-Out posted:

Has Craig done the show this week? He was supposed to have Jim Gaffigan on Monday night and another show last night but I can't find anything on either show anywhere. The newest ep on the CBS TLLS page is the 8/8 one.

Not that I've seen. I noticed the top youtube comment (the absolute worst of sources) was complaining there would be no new episodes until September. I wouldn't be surprised if he at least came in and recorded a cold opening or something for Robin.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Martin Lawrence just announced Bad Boys 3 on Conan.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Gonz posted:

Martin Lawrence just announced Bad Boys 3 on Conan.

On an unrelated note, no garbage will be picked up in southern California today, as every available truck is currently filled with money and en route to Will Smith's house.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

Not that I've seen. I noticed the top youtube comment (the absolute worst of sources) was complaining there would be no new episodes until September. I wouldn't be surprised if he at least came in and recorded a cold opening or something for Robin.
Yeah, it's weird. There's a schedule on the site but no new episodes and nothing on YouTube either.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Pinwiz11 posted:

Corden guest-starred on Doctor Who, and now has the LLS.

Craig is on the LLS, now maybe he'll get to be on Doctor Who?

Well Craig was in an episode of Red Dwarf, does that count?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

counterfeitsaint posted:

On an unrelated note, no garbage will be picked up in southern California today, as every available truck is currently filled with money and en route to Will Smith's house.

Nah, that money's on its way to Michael Bay's house (I hope). Will Smith only needs this a little less than Martin Lawrence does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

freeranger posted:

Well Craig was in an episode of Red Dwarf, does that count?

Craig would kill to be on Doctor Who.