Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
remix 2 owns pretty hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

dr.acula posted:

What are the sales usually like on the eShop? Im interested in NESRemix2 but $16.50 just seems like a bit much (yes I know it owns). Maybe im being too stingy?

You're AU, right? They were on sale a week or two ago. First-party stuff isn't regularly discounted, but it happens every now and again.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

dr.acula posted:

What are the sales usually like on the eShop? Im interested in NESRemix2 but $16.50 just seems like a bit much (yes I know it owns). Maybe im being too stingy?

1 & 2 together are getting a disc release soon so I'd wait around until then to see if there's sales for that or the digital versions.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Can you do the DDP deal with a refurb model?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

graventy posted:

Can you do the DDP deal with a refurb model?

Yep. I bought a refurb and have gotten about $20 in DDP points. It says it in the description that it qualifies for it. It also says it doesn't qualify for the club nintendo points that I got 160 for when I bought the refurb. So, get a refurb and complain it you don't get both.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

SeANMcBAY posted:

1 & 2 together are getting a disc release soon so I'd wait around until then to see if there's sales for that or the digital versions.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

You're AU, right? They were on sale a week or two ago. First-party stuff isn't regularly discounted, but it happens every now and again.

I bought a second plat code a while back so I could grab 1.

and I'm :canada:

Guess I'll just try and get lucky and see it mentioned in this thread one day.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Does anybody know if Bayonetta 1 re-release is going to just be a straight up port of if they are planning to fix glitches or add more content other than the costumes and stuff?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

dr.acula posted:

I bought a second plat code a while back so I could grab 1.

and I'm :canada:

Guess I'll just try and get lucky and see it mentioned in this thread one day.

Is 10% off okay? I'm also :canada: so if you have a (Canadian) Target near you this could work.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/target-10-off-all-gaming-cards-psn-xbl-eshop-1527289/

edit: I think the US Target had a buy one get one 25% off deal either ends today or tomorrow (9th). For non-:canada:.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Aug 9, 2014

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

pichupal posted:

Is 10% off okay? I'm also :canada: so if you have a Target near you this could work.

:negative: I have $22 Nintendobux on my account already. Also nintendo pleaaaseee make it so my 3ds and Wii U share VC games I beg you.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Ugh, I made it to Champion's Road in 3D World. I blew about 25 lives in maybe 10 minutes, but I've solidified my route to the first star, at least. Made it to the second star once, and died after that hosed up bouncy ant wall jump section. I think you can cheese it and wall jump all the way in the back without being touched by the ants, but that may have been dumb luck. I don't even remember what I died to. Probably fell off the loving course again.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

enojy posted:

Ugh, I made it to Champion's Road in 3D World. I blew about 25 lives in maybe 10 minutes, but I've solidified my route to the first star, at least. Made it to the second star once, and died after that hosed up bouncy ant wall jump section. I think you can cheese it and wall jump all the way in the back without being touched by the ants, but that may have been dumb luck. I don't even remember what I died to. Probably fell off the loving course again.

I've been trying with Rosalina. Her double jump makes a lot of things easier. I still haven't quite gotten there, but I can pretty flawlessly get to the section with all the boosters.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
I was pleasantly surprised today when I took some time to check out what the Digital Deluxe Promotion was.

I logged in via their website and claimed $55 in $5 vouchers with only 5 more points needed to get an extra $5. (Had a wii u since launch). Wow.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
I think I just completely misunderstood what counted for that promotion since I didn't know there was a website you had to go to to redeem codes. Now I have $10 :toot:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Has this been posted before? New Bayonetta weapons.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Has this been posted before? New Bayonetta weapons.

That's the first page of a two-page spread, here's the facing page.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I found myself near Beat Buy this morning so I stopped in to see if they had any Wii U or 3DS games on sale. Their Nintendo section looked absolutely picked over and barebones. Everything was a mess and they barely had any games available. Their Nintendo section looked exactly like this immediately after E3 and I figured it was ravages by people in a Nintendo craze but now I think they just don't give a poo poo about Nintendo.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

bef posted:

I bought a pro controller from that best buy deal so I shouldn't have a reason to get a Wiimote

I didn't own a wii last gen so I don't see the point of getting one until now

They really shouldve packed a remote and nunchuck with the system to emphasize that the remote is a standard Wii U controller. The expectation really seems to be for everyone to own 4 sets of remotes and nunchucks and, of course, one Wii U pad. Nintendo Land is a great demonstration of this which is surely why it was the pack-in, but they didnt take it quite far enough and failed to toss a remote in the box.

The waters get muddier with the existence of the Wii U Pro Controller. Honestly if that didnt exist and they instead just continued manufacturing Wii Classic pads things would be less confusing and more people would own the controllers Nintendo expects people to have. Besides, the Pro Pad only offers two things over the Wii Classic: click sticks and total wirelessness.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Wildtortilla posted:

I found myself near Beat Buy this morning so I stopped in to see if they had any Wii U or 3DS games on sale. Their Nintendo section looked absolutely picked over and barebones. Everything was a mess and they barely had any games available. Their Nintendo section looked exactly like this immediately after E3 and I figured it was ravages by people in a Nintendo craze but now I think they just don't give a poo poo about Nintendo.

The Best Buy in my area is about the same. But then everything in the video games section is in disarray, it's just more pronounced in the 3DS/Wii U area because it's not as large. The only aisle that's even remotely in decent shape is the Skylanders/Disney Infinity aisle.

There's also this tiny little section dedicated to the OUYA with like three or four of them that have been sitting there seemingly forever.

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.
I tried to get to Best Buy for the 3DS B1G1 sale a bit ago, but everything was ransacked by the time I got there. Even if employees don't care, it's good that things are selling I guess?

Since people have mentioned 3D World's Champion Road: haven't gotten a chance to seriously try to beat it yet, without getting too spoilery are the stars hidden or challenge stars? Like, if I don't know where they are will I probably have to play through a number of times, or are they more like green coin stars where you can find all of them but they can be a challenge to get?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
The stars in Champion's Road are virtually unavoidable. The challenge is in simply clearing the stage.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Wildtortilla posted:

The section at my best buy still has a bunch of scattered Wii/DS Shovelware, the Wii U stuff is interspersed with the Wii stuff, same with the 3DS and DS.

On the other hand, Sony and Microsoft's stuff gets comparitively huge displays with TV's and Demo units. Nintendo's stuff is out of view, on the backside of one of the Sony shelves.

Walmart is even worse, one case is Wii U and Wii games interspersed with Xbox games with lots of empty space, and none of the cases with nintendo games are labelled properly (They all say Xbox.) Its a real mess.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

The section at my best buy still has a bunch of scattered Wii/DS Shovelware, the Wii U stuff is interspersed with the Wii stuff, same with the 3DS and DS.

On the other hand, Sony and Microsoft's stuff gets comparitively huge displays with TV's and Demo units. Nintendo's stuff is out of view, on the backside of one of the Sony shelves.

Walmart is even worse, one case is Wii U and Wii games interspersed with Xbox games with lots of empty space, and none of the cases with nintendo games are labelled properly (They all say Xbox.) Its a real mess.

I have never been able to easily buy a new Nintendo game at this Walmart. It usually involves asking for it specifically and waiting at least 20 minutes.

Remember when Mario 3D World and Zelda Link Between Worlds came out at the same time? Yeah they didnt feel like making it easy to buy those

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
It's because The Wii U is Already Dead and Will Never SellTM, don't you see.

but seriously, it really probably is that it just isn't selling much and they don't want to devote that much shelf space to it, and I can't really blame them for that. I don't really expect them to get much more space either, though, even when the big guns like Smash and Zelda come out.

Pretty much why I buy everything online nowadays.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Does anybody know if Bayonetta 1 re-release is going to just be a straight up port of if they are planning to fix glitches or add more content other than the costumes and stuff?

It will be 1080P and run at 60 FPS

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

...but now I think they just don't give a poo poo about Nintendo.

Bingo, except add in video games in general.

My Best Buy never got in Mario Kart 8, for example. No display, no copies, nothing. You'd think the system just launched looking at their shelves.

But the same is true for most of their systems. At least at my location. It's all been scuttled away to a tiny corner to make room for smart phone poo poo.

PirateNipple
Apr 5, 2004

I beat NSMBU and started to dig back in to get all the coins to unlock the bonus stages. It's a fine game, not bad at all, just not very exciting. (already played 3D World.)

I should check out Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze next, I guess!

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
The hell with remotes and pro controllers and all that crap:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Az_2FSVrcuM

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

japtor posted:

I recently showed everyone in the 3DS thread a guy going ballistic on taiko and made everyone a convert to the greatest game series ever.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Wildtortilla posted:

My local Best Buy's Nintendo section is a joke. Wii, Wii U, 3DS, and DS all occupy a single side of one aisle. I went there a few weeks ago to splurge since I thought I had bombed a final and failed a class (:w00t: I didn't) and they didn't even have 3D World. No stock of Mario Kart 8, either. Meanwhile, Sony and Microsoft make up around 3 full aisles a piece. One side of an aisle was nothing but Call of Duty/Battlefield.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

noirstronaut posted:

I recently showed everyone in the 3DS thread a guy going ballistic on taiko and made everyone a convert to the greatest game series ever.

I wish they would have released more than just that PS2 game over here. Any music game that includes the Katamari March is a great game.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I haven't owned a Nintendo system since Super Nintendo until today. I bought me a Wii U and am pretty stoked. I played like 10 minutes of Mario Kart a week or so ago and fell in love with it and got that and Wonderful 101 with the Wind Waker HD bundle. Not really sure what other games are mandatory until Smash Bros, but Im open to suggestions.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

TUS posted:

I haven't owned a Nintendo system since Super Nintendo until today. I bought me a Wii U and am pretty stoked. I played like 10 minutes of Mario Kart a week or so ago and fell in love with it and got that and Wonderful 101 with the Wind Waker HD bundle. Not really sure what other games are mandatory until Smash Bros, but Im open to suggestions.

Super Mario 3D World, how is that not a mandatory purchase for you?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

ChaosArgate posted:

Super Mario 3D World, how is that not a mandatory purchase for you?

Yeah this. It's the best Mario game I've ever played and I swear it's going to be considered an absolute classic someday.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TUS posted:

Get Mario 3D World next and then Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. NSMBU/NSLU are also solid platformers worth getting, especially if you never played the other New Mario games.

ZombiU is unique survival horror game that has a demo on the eShop so check that out too.

NES Remix 1 & 2 and Pushmo World are also worth checking out.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 9, 2014

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

TUS posted:

Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros U, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, and maybe NES Remix if you used to play a lot of NES games.

The Wii U is also backwards compatible with Wii games, so I'm sure someone can come up with a list of must-have Wii games for you.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

TUS posted:

Super Mario 3D World is hella good. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Rayman Legends are also amazing if you're into 2D platformers.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

:doh: I was too busy making sure I had Mario Kart and W101 that I forgot about Mario 3D World. Thanks for the reminder!

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

SeANMcBAY posted:

NSMBU/NSLU are also solid platformers worth getting, especially if you never played the other New Mario games.

I'd never played any of the others, and for me NSMBU was basically the second coming of Super Mario World. Definitely an essential purchase for anyone in the same position as me. I thank my lucky stars that I never played the others if it would've made me too burnt out to enjoy this one.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

japtor posted:

holy poo poo that looks like the hardest thing ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

TUS posted:

:doh: I was too busy making sure I had Mario Kart and W101 that I forgot about Mario 3D World. Thanks for the reminder!

Pikmin 3 is also quite good from what I hear, but I have yet to play it myself.

• Locked thread