Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Grown rear end cat ladies throwing fits because of the gentle nuance that permeates the entire mass Effect Saga might be changed because they have a new person writing the story. I was surprised that people rushed to the defense of Dragon Age 2 and seriously posted that they were going to drop their reserve if Inquisition had a different writer.

And none of the complaints were about gameplay whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
All the Bioware writers (except maybe one I'm not sure) are awful space romance writers you're gonna have to be more specific

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Falsum posted:

All the Bioware writers (except maybe one I'm not sure) are awful space romance writers you're gonna have to be more specific

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

do you mean the fat lady or the middle-aged guy

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

i think the taintster is talking about the guy who wrote mass effect 3's ending but i dont know

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

by the middle-aged guy, i mean the dragon age writer who said that Alistar was his self insert or whatever

by the fat lady i mean the massively fat fandom weirdo woman who somehow became a paid & professional lead writer for anybody anywhere. the one who used squee unironically

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
did u know that one writer is called hamburger helper

she is fat

Dec 26, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Grown rear end cat ladies throwing fits because of the gentle nuance that permeates the entire mass Effect Saga might be changed because they have a new person writing the story. I was surprised that people rushed to the defense of Dragon Age 2 and seriously posted that they were going to drop their reserve if Inquisition had a different writer.

this post was comprehensible, but only on a second read

Soral
May 30, 2009

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Fanzay posted:

did u know that one writer is called hamburger helper

she is fat

it seems like a really fat person would be more the enemy of hamburger than a helper for it

I know hamburger doesn't like me much

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li4indfogkU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

gigglesquee

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fire everybody at bioware except whoever wrote the krogan

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

LOL!

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Died

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMcVZQI6ybw

Soral
May 30, 2009

i thought she quit like a year ago though

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
people that are still Bioware fans have weird opinions. I remember one in the Dragon Age thread in Games suggesting that if Planescape: Torment came out today that goons would make fun of it the way they do Bioware's writing.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

people that are still Bioware fans have weird opinions. I remember one in the Dragon Age thread in Games suggesting that if Planescape: Torment came out today that goons would make fun of it the way they do Bioware's writing.

to be fair planescape: torment had a lot of bad writing in it and chris avellone is partially embarassed by some of what he wrote for it

its also 15 years old, which dragon age 2 and mass effect 3 aren't

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
yeah it doesn't really compare to Obsidian's later stuff very favorably at all, but to put it on the same level as Dragon Age 2 is insane

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

I hope that the OP leaves next.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Borsche69 posted:

Holy poo poo.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

conceitedguy posted:

Holy poo poo.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Borsche69 posted:

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

can one of you gamers suggest an epic Krogan sex mod

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

The Taint Reaper posted:

people don't play mass effect for the gameplay they play it for the relationship fantasies

i thought this was obv.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Uhhhh, I don't care OP, and the person's gender nor body size does not have any impact on my care levels, for this. Also, how can you post a thread like this without actual examples of posts from the forum. And why are the reading the bioware forums.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Wormskull posted:

how can you post a thread like this without actual examples of posts from the forum. And why are the reading the bioware forums.

taint reaped again

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

lesbian baphomet posted:

by the middle-aged guy, i mean the dragon age writer who said that Alistar was his self insert or whatever

by the fat lady i mean the massively fat fandom weirdo woman who somehow became a paid & professional lead writer for anybody anywhere. the one who used squee unironically

I only use squee ironically.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Borsche69 posted:

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

I feel like a certain level of taint reaping is good for imp zone.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LaTex Fetish posted:

I feel like a certain level of taint reaping is good for imp zone.
That level is 0.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
lmao if you think bioware isn't poo poo

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

whatever endork

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Liquid Penguins posted:

their games are pretty rear end but i have fun with them in the same way i have fun watching, say, yor: the hunter from the future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYBfnfWsnX0

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Liquid Penguins posted:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
mass effect 2 was almost as good as an obsidian game so long as you ignore all the awful parts

which is a lot of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
mass effect 2 owns. ever wanted to be the commander of a badass spaceshit full of a crew of diverse and intriguing characters that are set on a suicide mission? Its like the motherfucking space A-Team. The gameplay is good too.

• Locked thread