Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

nrook posted:

I've heard this a lot from various people, and I still don't get it. Why do you hate Zilean? Why does anyone hate Zilean? Zilean is great. Permaslow dudes all day while putting bombs on their heads. Save lives on a 180 second cooldown ult that's actually 25 seconds. Also pretend to be Annie with your 600 range autos.

I had to stop playing Zilean because my split-second reaction time is garbage, but he's still great and I do miss him.

Zilean's big problem to me is that W is a really boring skill. It's crazy-low cooldown but on a constant W mash. There's no real thought about it once you have some form of mana and cooldown. It is an iconic skill but it's a really lovely and boring one.

I like playing him but I'd rather have something with Rewind beyond just "mash W until Ult comes back up."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The new Gangplank ult will now follow a target; Riot doesn't balance anything else around this and he becomes a must-ban in LCS for two months.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Flameingblack posted:

The new Gangplank ult will now follow a target; Riot doesn't balance anything else around this and he becomes a must-ban in LCS for two months.

Followed by them changing it so it is no longer global and also pretty lovely.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Followed by them changing it so it is no longer global and also pretty lovely.

It's not global it has 2000/4000/6000 range to combat his early damage!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
His new ult should just be the ability to sail a giant galleon up and down the river for as long as he wants firing an enormous cannon at anything within 10000 units.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Libertine posted:

His new ult should just be the ability to sail a giant galleon up and down the river for as long as he wants firing an enormous cannon at anything within 10000 units.

As much as I love the idea of vehicles in League I know it won't be very good. Most likely the galleon will be made out of tons of tiny minions and there will be a bug where Syndra can pick up one of them and throw the ship out of the water at which point it can sail through land and fountain dive people

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

So has anyone figured out how to fix or ameliorate these random lag spikes? I was getting like 2 or 3 a game which was bad but not terrible, but my last game was just unplayable.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
They're talkin about looking at GP at some point, but not anytime soon I guess? I wanna say Xypherous said GP's best advantage right now is nobody knows exactly what he does, but the moment they do, they realize he's really loving bad. You could call it power creep or who knows but he's just kind of a pile of crap right now. Which is a shame, because he's a pirate and he owns and is cool.

HOWEVER he has one advantage that in a straight up auto fight with any other melee top he will win it at level 1, provided they're stupid enough to let you slap them endlessly.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

my pog boyfriend posted:

As much as I love the idea of vehicles in League I know it won't be very good. Most likely the galleon will be made out of tons of tiny minions and there will be a bug where Syndra can pick up one of them and throw the ship out of the water at which point it can sail through land and fountain dive people

New "vehicle" idea: Jinx can ride her ult until it hits something or reaches the edge of the map, whichever comes first, or she can hop off before then. Like in the Get Jinxed! video.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

You know, I love my Bear Cav Sej skin, they should do Winter Officer Ashe and Winter Officer Lissandra. You can make Liss a naval officer with two eyepatches and turn her walking animation into an icebreaker moving or something. That'd be cool. None of this Bronze Queen crap.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Libertine posted:

His new ult should be summoning a pirate ship that sails forward and then explodes, stunning and damaging people in AoE. Riot hire me

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Libertine posted:

Oh my god.

my pog boyfriend posted:

OH MY GOD. :allears:

I never realized I wanted this until now. Except maybe not the "unlimited duration" thing.

Servaetes posted:

HOWEVER he has one advantage that in a straight up auto fight with any other melee top he will win it at level 1, provided they're stupid enough to let you slap them endlessly.
Well you see, Gangplank has a very specific niche that he is very good at. He's more of a counterpick champion, and..

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Gangplanks ult used to be full damage and gave gold from minion waves. Can you guess who was played all the time?

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Invalid Validation posted:

Gangplanks ult used to be full damage and gave gold from minion waves. Can you guess who was played all the time?
Oh, oh, I know, was it Trundle? :)

vvv gently caress.

maketakunai fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 10, 2014

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It was jungle Alistar actually.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
http://www.hitbox.tv/andichu

Bronze Lyfe stream now up!

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
AP Amumu is the only way to play him in lane, is a legitimate threat still and Really Good(tm), therefore king of the old Riot AP-on-all-abilities design

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I just bought Gangplank to dick around as a toplane pick, what are some fun gimmicky and not so gimmicky runepages and builds to play the drunken pirate captain?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Libertine posted:

His ult should summon a galleon out of nowhere that travels doing damage and then crashes and stuns everyone nearby.

Observe Me
Jan 21, 2006

I know shits bad right now with all that starving bullshit and the dust storms and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution!
His ult should summon a Galio to Q and ult the enemy team while GP spams Ctrl+4

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Maybe make it do guaranteed damage per second with bonus damage on cannon hits so it has a minimum amount of damage it can do? And make it scale with AD CRIT:getin: or something so its actually useful lategame.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
New Gangplank Passive (Helpful Crew): Gangplank takes 10% of all income earned by all teammates, they get a buff called "Captain's Bounty" which does nothing but taxes their income.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

loving merge gangplanks Q and E and make him a togglable stance champ where his range stance gives extra gold per unit killed but costs like 20 mana per attack and his melee stance keeps the bonus attackdamage/movespeed from his E. Then give him a stun for his NEW E!!! that stuns both him and his target for 1.5 seconds on his next autoattack. Then make his passive scale off AD.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Libertine posted:

New Gangplank Passive (Helpful Crew): Gangplank takes 10% of all income earned by all teammates, they get a buff called "Captain's Bounty" which does nothing but taxes their income.

I support this.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Libertine posted:

Rather than that, make it so that Gangplank doesn't take 10% of all income, but takes the kill/assist gold and kill credit on any kill he's part of for himself. And teammates don't even get an assist credit from it either. The captain gets all the glory. Lightning guns don't pay for themselves, you know.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 10, 2014

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
1g for every cs taken by your team. So much money :sun:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

For anyone bored, I am still streaming terrible Bronze games. http://www.hitbox.tv/andichu

and I bought Braum >.<

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
ARAM is pretty much a joke gamemode now, but if you somehow get Ashe or Varus in ARAM and don't get 2 in Volley/Piercing Arrow at level 3 and don't rush Brutalizer/Last Whisper with ArPen runes you deserve to lose the match. Spend all your leftover gold on mana potions on your first 1-2 backs too. I'm rocking something like a, no joke, no exaggeration, better than 90% win rate with Ashe/Varus on ARAM over 30-40 lifetime ARAM matches with those champions.

Think Nidalee, Lux, Ziggs were bad with how much poke they can put out? Ashe and Varus can deal even more poke, and that's before taking in consideration that they hit really loving hard in a teamfight on ARAM, and their ultimates are excellent for shutting down any attempts at kiting your team.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Brannock posted:

ARAM is pretty much a joke gamemode now,

It was always a joke game mode

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

It was always a joke game mode

poo poo, wow. Really?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I suspect the solution will be something like this:

[E] Step Aside!: Gangplank dashes to the nearest unit with the most stacks of Grog Soaked Blade, consuming the stacks. The target takes damage and is slowed based on the number of stacks consumed.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Brannock posted:

ARAM is pretty much a joke gamemode now, but if you somehow get Ashe or Varus in ARAM and don't get 2 in Volley/Piercing Arrow at level 3 and don't rush Brutalizer/Last Whisper with ArPen runes you deserve to lose the match. Spend all your leftover gold on mana potions on your first 1-2 backs too. I'm rocking something like a, no joke, no exaggeration, better than 90% win rate with Ashe/Varus on ARAM over 30-40 lifetime ARAM matches with those champions.

Think Nidalee, Lux, Ziggs were bad with how much poke they can put out? Ashe and Varus can deal even more poke, and that's before taking in consideration that they hit really loving hard in a teamfight on ARAM, and their ultimates are excellent for shutting down any attempts at kiting your team.

http://metalol.net/lists/otherLists/aram-tier-list.php

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Aaaaaaaand that is why alternate map modes suck. People take a fun mode and take it so dreadfully loving seriously.

Unrelated, Lucian with Essence Reaver/CDR boots+furor/Tri is incredible good fun. They turned him into this rad as gently caress gunslinger and he owns bones.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

This is super accurate to my extremely anecdotal experience.

Servaetes posted:

Aaaaaaaand that is why alternate map modes suck. People take a fun mode and take it so dreadfully loving seriously.

Even if people didn't take it seriously, over time they'd notice trends.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Servaetes posted:

it's really not that hard to notice what's effective in ARAM and then develop this sort of thing without being massively serious about it

most of that list is just common sense to anyone who has played the game long enough

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

Warwick deserves way better than tier 3. He brings so much utility to that game mode its scary.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
I'm actually more interested in the Dominion list myself. How the hell do you even play Dominion? Is there a meta? What's the strategies behind this mode?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Emasculator posted:

Warwick deserves way better than tier 3. He brings so much utility to that game mode its scary.

Any bruiser without a five man ultimate is pretty much garbage in ARAM. Unless you some how get a mythical five-man bruiser team and then you form super synergy where you just dive every fight once per minute.

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Remember when Gangplank was the only champion able to deny minions?

I miss those days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

it's really not that hard to notice what's effective in ARAM and then develop this sort of thing without being massively serious about it

most of that list is just common sense to anyone who has played the game long enough

Yeah I mean anything that's long range and pokey is probably a Good Pick in a tiny thin map but you know deep down some dude or group of dudes flip their poo poo the moment a T-T-T-TIER ONE ARAM champ gets rolled and spends the entire time making the game miserable

• Locked thread