Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Soylentbits posted:

He never would have pulled it off if Mikorin wasn't such a popular heroine.

That's a good point! This last episode did a great job showing their friendship with how they interact without other people around. The episode really peaked with Chiyo walking in the next day and finding the aftermath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

lmao

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

This is the other amazing anime of this season that has made me laugh out loud more than once. It's also one of the few my son is watching and weekly asks if I've seen the latest episode. So, it's pretty drat good.

I'm a big fan.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Just watched the episode.

Mikorin and Kashima are the natural pairing. She's the only one manly enough to handle his girliness.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Kashima only has eyes for Hori-senpai('s future wedding band performance).

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

mikorin doesnt have anyone to pair off with does he?

this is the saddest story

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Mikorin has his galge, figurines, and Umeko.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
Mikorin and Suzuki belong together. :colbert:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
The show actually skipped one of my favorite jokes during the first episode. It was part of the "We aren't allowed to show alcohol or cigarettes" section. Here it is for those of you who are only watching the anime.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Chiming in late for the praise, but goddamn is this show fun. Miyuki Sawashiro is just too perfect for Seo. She's basically playing a character that looks like Ayane but behaves like Chizu and I have a hard time not seeing that. Also, two weird things regarding two terrible shows that are incredibly popular:
  • I know that Yuuichi Nakamura has a fairly standard pretty boy voice, but every time Nozaki opens his mouth to insert his foot, I cannot help but to think of a :goonsay: version of Tatsuya from Mahouka and that makes me laugh like an idiot just imagining that.
  • Kashima basically reminds me of Yui Takamura, but instead of fighting aliens and getting over her PTSD by going tsundere for some American pretty boy :suicide:, she only has a couple of shrimps to fight in order to get beat up by her Senpai Hori's undivided attention. :swoon:
And finally:

I watched episode two and, taking into account the episode's name, I though it was going to be about Seo becoming the heroine. But no, the heroine was introduced to us in the very first episode. Best heroine. :allears:

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 15, 2020

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I think one of the best things about this series is how people can gloss over or come into it with some misconceptions, like how some people thought this was going to be a straight up shoujo romance with some comedy.

And what they get in the end is a loony bin. A glorious loony bin. :allears:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Compendium posted:

I think one of the :.ings about this series is how people can gloss over or come into it with some misconceptions, like how some people thought this was going to be a straight up shoujo romance with some comedy.

And what they get in the end is a loony bin. A glorious loony bin. :allears:

What Nozaki and Mikorin had with Tomoda was real, not something from a loony bin :colbert:.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

The Sandman posted:

Just watched the episode.

Mikorin and Kashima are the natural pairing. She's the only one manly enough to handle his girliness.
But if Kashima gets attached to one person, an epidemic of Broken Heart Syndrome will spread among the female students!

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Holy poo poo episode 5. I had to pause multiple times because I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. This show really is something else.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
We've finally been introduced to the real essence of Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun: Tanukis.

Looks like Wakamatsu will finally show up in the next episode. This is good.

Also, Ken's voice is a hell of a lot deeper than I expected.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
The "Next Chapter" gag made the transition perfectly.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
About 7 minutes in, and I can't stop laughing at the constant "MAMIKO!!! :byodood:" shouts. Nozaki really is the worst greatest shoujo mangaka.

Honestly, one of my favorite parts about the anime adaption is that they're expanding on the in-universe manga panels. It just makes it so much better.

e: the entire Kashima on a cart sequence had me dying with all of its dramatic angles. So excited for the next episode, why isn't it next week already :(

Nondevor fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 3, 2014

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Suddenly, Wakamoto :v:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Being animated has somehow made Maeno even more the worst human being.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Please look at the bottom left corner

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

chumbler posted:

Being animated has somehow made Maeno even more the worst human being.

And made Ken even more admirable :allears:. I like his VA.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Tarezax posted:

Suddenly, Wakamoto :v:

Really glad someone else noticed that. I'll take a random Wakamoto voiceover!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

bondster posted:

Really glad someone else noticed that. I'll take a random Wakamoto voiceover!

I honestly don't know what's better: Wakamoto's narration spoiling the fact that Yamamoto shanked Ponsuke! or Nozaki's reaction to learning that fact.

Daisuke Ono was perfectly cast for the role of Maeno. :byodood: MAENOOOOOO!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Nondevor posted:

Please look at the bottom left corner

That's fantastic!

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Yuzuki confirming best girl status again and again :allears:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tarezax posted:

Yuzuki confirming best girl status again and again :allears:

Sorry, Seo may be the best character, but best girl is and always will be Mikorin.

Edit: My god, the rooftop scene. I'm dying.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Aug 10, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The entire rooftop scene was fantastic. I missed Seo.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Oh my god. Wakamatsu confessed his love of Seo to her face and he doesn't even realize it. And Seo decided to let him go on instead of just telling him out of sadism. And she takes him out to dinner and buys him presents. This manga/anime is amazing.

Supersonic Shine fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Aug 10, 2014

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Waka is such a dork :3:

I am glad he's finally been introduced, because the scenes where he plays off Seo are some of the funniest in the manga, although we probably won't get some of them without a second season.

e: Although the second part of the episode was Chapter 20, so I guess they're not too worried about jumping around a little.

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 10, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

Waka is such a dork :3:

I am glad he's finally been introduced, because the scenes where he plays off Seo are some of the funniest in the manga, although we probably won't get some of them without a second season.

e: Although the second part of the episode was Chapter 20, so I guess they're not too worried about jumping around a little.

Yeah, the jumping around makes me hopeful that we'll get to see villain Wakamatsu and the second otome game chapter. Even if we don't, I'm still more than satisfied with this adaptation.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

chumbler posted:

Yeah, the jumping around makes me hopeful that we'll get to see villain Wakamatsu and the second otome game chapter. Even if we don't, I'm still more than satisfied with this adaptation.

The second one? I didn't realize there was more than the one. Which hopefully we will get, because it was the most hilarious thing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Potsticker posted:

The second one? I didn't realize there was more than the one. Which hopefully we will get, because it was the most hilarious thing.

There's the one with Mikorin and Tomoda that we've already seen, and the second one has Hori and Wakamatsu which I hope we'll get, if it's unclear what I'm referring to.

Edit: I guess I shouldn't have specified otome game there, since the first one wasn't one.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 10, 2014

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Potsticker posted:

I think he's referring to the girls' dating game as the first one. But yeah, we should definitely see that chapter animated; the staff did an entire April Fool's trailer for the otome game, and I don't think they'd let the assets go to waste.

Haven't had the chance to see the episode yet, but I am so glad to hear the rooftop scene is still gold. And I hope the entire screen tone section is in there... For some reason Waka is in almost all my favorite chapters, so I'm pretty happy he's introduced.

e:f;b

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Oh, okay. Yeah, the dating sim we've seen wasn't an otome game.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Lorelei. Oh gods, the latest episode had me laughing less than 40 seconds in. :roflolmao:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I just love how Seo and Wakamatsu are pretty much dating each other and Wakamatsu is too much of a dork to realize it.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DoubleDonut posted:

I just love how Seo and Wakamatsu are pretty much dating each other and Wakamatsu is too much of a dork to realize it.

Seo is so oblivious that she doesn't realize her boyfriend hates her, but at least she realizes they're dating in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
How did Seo and Waka's dates even start, anyway? She stresses him out to the point of insomnia, you'd think he'd want to spend more time away from her.