Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
What's worse, selling out your own family to get a few hits (and then retiring, possibly from the shame) or making everything out to be about white folks?

Mushnick by a slim margin, mostly because of this article where he doubles down on being "not a racist."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
They are both terrible but the tiebreaker is the fact that I have enjoyed a few older Reilly articles, he used to be pretty good at writing human interest sports stuff. Mushkin has no redeeming qualities

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Rick Reilly, to add to his resume for later Douche Hall of Fame enshrinement

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Phil Munchkin

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Phil Mushmouth for somehow out racist douching a guy who intentionally misquoted his Native American father in law about the Redskins.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Rick Reilly, but drat this is a close one.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Rick Reilly wishes he could succeed as well as Bill Simmons has as a writer, despite all facts showing that he is a milquetoast Sunday columnist better suited to a weekly article raising a marginal topic to the surface.

Instead, he went out during the last half-decade of his career attempting to throw elbows in the hot take atmosphere, eventually resulting in his infamous misquote of his own father-in-law. However this is not the only terrible thing he put to word processor: he Tut-tutted at Kap for not wanting to meet his birth-mother, derailed a post-game show to (incorrectly) demand first-on-twitter credit for reporting on an injury, THE MOST SMUG LILY-WHITE ARTICLE ON ATHLETE TATTOOS OF ALL TIME, made a completely self-involved, born-on-third speech to the last pure journalism class from his alma mater, misquoted MLK in order to huff his own self-righteousness over the post-Osama assassination celebrations.

The other guy is a minor idiot writing small screeds to be read by lower forms of life. Reilly is someone who demanded a gigantic contract from ESPN to move from his back-of-SI article space. And instead of acting as a counter-balance to the Bill Simmons machine, he instead floundered like a fish flopping on a dry lake bed. Reilly had much more volume to speak with, but ultimately had nothing positive to add.

edit:

Further: He was paid $17 million to leave SI, and part of that was a hosting gig of a show that died immediately, a schmaltzy work of athletes back in their hometowns, a stupid book about stupid sports written in a you're-stupid-for-buying this tone, and ultimately retiring with an archive full of stories he already wrote last decade.

Gerund fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Aug 12, 2014

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Wow. Rick Reilly.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Rick Reilly is a motherfucker

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Rick Reilly. because he should go out as a top douche.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Gerund posted:

Rick Reilly wishes he could succeed as well as Bill Simmons has as a writer, despite all facts showing that he is a milquetoast Sunday columnist better suited to a weekly article raising a marginal topic to the surface.

Instead, he went out during the last half-decade of his career attempting to throw elbows in the hot take atmosphere, eventually resulting in his infamous misquote of his own father-in-law. However this is not the only terrible thing he put to word processor: he Tut-tutted at Kap for not wanting to meet his birth-mother, derailed a post-game show to (incorrectly) demand first-on-twitter credit for reporting on an injury, THE MOST SMUG LILY-WHITE ARTICLE ON ATHLETE TATTOOS OF ALL TIME, made a completely self-involved, born-on-third speech to the last pure journalism class from his alma mater, misquoted MLK in order to huff his own self-righteousness over the post-Osama assassination celebrations.

The other guy is a minor idiot writing small screeds to be read by lower forms of life. Reilly is someone who demanded a gigantic contract from ESPN to move from his back-of-SI article space. And instead of acting as a counter-balance to the Bill Simmons machine, he instead floundered like a fish flopping on a dry lake bed. Reilly had much more volume to speak with, but ultimately had nothing positive to add.

edit:

Further: He was paid $17 million to leave SI, and part of that was a hosting gig of a show that died immediately, a schmaltzy work of athletes back in their hometowns, a stupid book about stupid sports written in a you're-stupid-for-buying this tone, and ultimately retiring with an archive full of stories he already wrote last decade.

This post better get extra credit and votes cause daaaaaaaaaaang. :golfclap:

As for me: the head wants to vote Mushnick, but the heart can't not vote for Rick Reilly

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Rick Reilly and it's not even close.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Duke Chin posted:

This post better get extra credit and votes cause daaaaaaaaaaang. :golfclap:

It's a four pointer.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Gonna go with Phil Mushnick. Defending Donald Sterling should be enough to earn him a lifetime douchechievement award, and it blows away Rick Reilly being an rear end in a top hat about the Redskins.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gerund posted:

edit:

Thank you for this post, and gently caress Rick Reilly

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I was leaning towards Mushnick in what I considered a tight race, but drat if this didn't change my mind and make me vote Reilly

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

SlipUp posted:

Reilly but because it should be i before e motherfucker, unless your name is Ceilly

Tricky Ricky

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

Gerund posted:

Rick Reilly being the most awful human being possible.

Rick Reilly and holy christ.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Dick Reilly, because he retired this year, and will likely not do anything too dumb (at least as visibly now) in the future, so this is the last chance he has and I want to get him a slightly deeper run to be proud of.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I want to vote for Rick Reilly now, but I already voted for Mushnick and he deserves votes too.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Can whoever wins this award be crowned the Bell-Cow Douche?

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Oh man, Rick Reilly indeed.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Mushnick

He deserves this to be closer than it is. Plus Reilly was once decent. Mushnick has double, triple and quadruple downed on being a smug racist shitbag.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

tarbrush posted:

Mushnick

He deserves this to be closer than it is. Plus Reilly was once decent. Mushnick has double, triple and quadruple downed on being a smug racist shitbag.

Well with Reilly retiring maybe Mushnick can really bring in his A-game next season and make it farther in the competition. I feel he has the chops to really step it up this coming year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I suppose I'll go with Reilly, here's hoping he goes out with a bang and I never have to hear anything from him again.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Rick Reilly

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Rick Reilly

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I want this to be closer but I have to go with Rick Reilly

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

:siren:(2)Rick Reilly has wounded the knee of (7)Phil Mushnick 32-12!:siren:

Episode 26: Slave Owner Slap Fight

Featuring: (1)Ole Miss vs. (5)NWU Apologists

Ole Miss

(Their students put a noose on his statue this year)

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

I will nominate Ole Miss for the Wildcard division. The number of things they have done in the last year is staggering/ This includes:

Tuesday, March 11th- Denzel Nkemdiche caught on video poo poo talking at the beach. "If I wasn't Denzel, I'd beat da gently caress out of you"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXS7gQSdxSY

Tuesday, Feb 18th- Nkemdiche Bros sued for beating the poo poo out of a guy and knocking out his girlfriend in the process.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24447940/report-nkemdiche-brothers-sued-for-2-million-over-alleged-fight

Monday, Feb 17th- someone on Ole Miss campus puts Hangman's noose on statue of James Meredith during Black History Month

http://articles.latimes.com/2014/feb/21/nation/la-na-nn-ole-miss-suspects-noose-james-meredith-20140221

Saturday, Feb 15th- Prostitution Ring uncovered and arrests made in Oxford. Many pictures of known prostitutes with prospects surface.

http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2014/02/19/making-sense-mess-ole-miss/

January 29- USA Today, CBS Sports and other outlets report that Bobby Hill was charged with sexual battery. The incident reportedly occurred at an apartment shared by multiple football players and took place during their annual recruiting blowout.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24423924/ole-miss-cb-bobby-hill-charged-with-sexual-battery

December 20, 2013- DL Coach and brother of Lane Kiffin, Chris Kiffin goes on absurd twitter rant about MSU, including laughing with a preacher about a picture of Tyler Russell while he is injured on the ground

http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2013/12/21/ole-miss-assistant-coach-goes-twitter-rampage-msu/

October 15th, 2013- embarrassing youtube video goes viral of Ole Miss "debutante" in the Grove before the Ole Miss-A&M game

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/ole-miss-coed-wins-at-lifeagain-101513

October 13, 2013- Hugh Freeze gets into verbal altercation with a UM fan after a loss

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ole-miss-coach-hugh-freeze-gets-verbal-altercation-204338612--ncaaf.html

Oct 2nd, 2013- OM players shout gay slurs and disrupt, "The Laramie Project," which is the play about the Mathew Shepard story.

http://deadspin.com/ole-miss-football-players-shout-fag-at-actor-in-gay-a-1440640169

April 24, 2013- By a 12-1 vote, the UM Student Senate rejects resolution calling for banning the playing of Dixie (Southern Civil War song) at athletic events. 

February 22, 2013- Kyle Veazey reports that Ole Miss compliance received 85 reports after Freeze's tweet. Ole Miss compliance replies to a FOIA request by Veazey with 54 redacted emails, while refusing to hand over 31 of them. 

February 1, 2013- Hugh Freeze tweets that anyone with evidence of cheating should email to Ole Miss Compliance. 

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

If you need another reason to vote for Mississippi, there's this.

Racist hick students rioting over Obama winning 2012 election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR1FGkrPBHU

”Ben is not cool” posted:

This is an example of an actual post by an actual fan of theirs from an actual fansite. This is what happens when they make it to the sweet 16 of baseball, which is the most success they have had in a very, very long time:

“by ColonelJohnSartoris 
Jun 8, 2014 11:53 PM

This is the thing....

Looking at the numbers, I think we are the best team remaining in the whole NCAA tournament. ULL is the closest, followed by Virginia. If we can let our nuts hang and take care of business tomorrow, we will be the odds on favorite to take home a mother ****ing National Championship. **** those other teams. Virginia is decent, but they have a weak rear end offense that would succumb to our scrotum diameters. That's a fact. Get by ULL, and this bitch is a cakewalk and I hope to hang out with a bunch of you mother****ers in Omaha because it will be a lot of fun. Rawdawgin a ton of randos, if you know what I mean. In the middle of Nebrasksa? Meh. But 6+ is still a fun night.

I'm far past hammered, but this poo poo is due to happen. If the mother ****in' cock suyckin' pansy rear end Mississippyi State lilly rear end baseball team barely loses to the Cajuns, we are going to destroy their assess off of principal alone. Get that. That poo poo is written in the books. Biblical. So let it be written, so let it be done and all that horseshit. We don't have time for prima donna flippin and poo poo. State is a chokejob and dosn't matter. John Cohen can suck on these balls because he likes pink ponies and lipstick. He can star in 27 dresses and be a bridesmaid all the times he wants. He's a pansy and pansies are pansies. They don't deserve to win. Couldn't happen to a better bunch. My Little Pony your rear end to Starkville Elementary you pansy rear end ****. Your kids will probably go to Delta State they will be so retarted from the Starkville public school systems. Shoulda stayed in Kentucky, ****.

Preston Mother ****in Overbey doesnt give a poo poo about your beard, you Louisiana ****. Your sister might be impressed, but Preston Mother ****in Overbey is not, you poo poo head. Go eat a cock. Hang another mother ****ing curve ball and he will show your rear end how to count to 345, you illiterate ****. OH, you want to be called UL? We will more than gladly help you on your way to becoming the University of the absolute worst mother****ing Losers. Cement that poo poo in stone. And stick a catherter in it. You pussies. Shave that poo poo while you're at it. You look like a Mississippi State fan during freshman yyear during his first formal when he gets his sherry popped. Plus 1 for the night, negative 999999 for the rest of your life you ugly rear end mongoloid. 

Fingers in the air, mother****ers. WAMFOM cements itself in history from this point forward. Fly your flags and your middle fingers high. Bianco doesn't give a **** and this poo poo is in the bag. Comma, period, exclamation point hashtag lick my balls .”

That is how you be awful, 12th Man

Still phone posting. Adding this to Ole Miss résumé. Racists are mad about more confederate stuff. A demonstration is planned for tomorrow.

This is what the above racists want to preserve: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haCHyfCCzR0

VS.

Anyone in the media who sided with Northwestern

Mooseontheloose posted:

Also, I want to add Anyone in the media who sided against Northwestern students unionizing because they are just the worst people.

In this match, we have an elitist group of assholes whose institution ought to be burnt to the ground for its outright refusal to join this century, adhering to awful symbols that not just evoke, but also encourage the continuation of America's tragic, racist past
Against some guys who don't think college players should unionize
Which is worse (it's obvious)?
Only one way to find out!
DOUCHE!

Ben Has Tiny Weenus fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 13, 2014

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

It's Ole Miss and it's not even close.

You guys be prepared for my greatest effort post ever should they make it to the next round.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Ole Miss

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Meh it's college football I don't really follow it or care :shrug:

hahah just kidding gently caress you Ole' Miss.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

It's Ole Miss and it's not even close.

You guys be prepared for my greatest effort post ever should they make it to the next round.

I gotta agree. The NWU union-bashers are helping cripple kids but at least they don't actively want to hang them. Nuke the south, Sherman didn't go far enough.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
NWU sympathizers want to keep the kids in pseudo-slavery, but Ole Miss fans genuinely want to keep people in real slavery.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Ole Miss

However, everyone needs to watch this vidya, I'd marry this chick in a heartbeat.

e: Watch her remix instead- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEghc046JHA

October 15th, 2013- embarrassing youtube video goes viral of Ole Miss "debutante" in the Grove before the Ole Miss-A&M game

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-fo...ifeagain-101513

also, gently caress Northwestern but that really falls under NCAA, who need to go into the HoF.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 13, 2014

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
ole miss

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Ole Miss and it's not even close

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Ole Miss and it's not close.

The Noose on a civil rights leader's statue didn't just seal the deal, it was the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters of the 2012 Thanksgiving day game between the Jets/Pats.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Go Reb! You're The Worst! You're The Worst! You're The Worst!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Ole Miss because they're still loving mad about losing that treasonous mascot Colonel Reb'

• Locked thread