Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Drone_Fragger posted:

That maokai nerf to his ulti, ugh. They nerfed his problem skill (twisted advance doing far too much damage and having far too good AP scaling on it) so why did they have to nerf his defencive steroid >:|

It's a very reasonable change. He didn't have just one "problem skill", he just did too much in general. His ult is still just as effective if you time it right, but you can't misjudge the start of a teamfight, activate it 4 seconds early, and get away with it just because you build enough mana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

my pog boyfriend posted:

One of my better friends on this game practiced Vayne mechanics with 70 games and regularly wins with her to the point that it seems easy to win lane as Vayne.

Very good Vaynes are hard to come by, your friend is the exception. If Doublelift has proven anything, it's that godlike Vayne skills doesn't mean you are going to win.

wodin posted:

I'll go out on a limb and say that if he does show up in competitive at all, it's going to be based on his stats and numbers being overtuned and not his actual synergy with the team.

I'll go out on a limb and say having 6 different skills that don't cost mana is going to be a reason to first pick him. We'll see I guess.

Invalid Validation fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Aug 12, 2014

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

my pog boyfriend posted:

One of my better friends on this game practiced Vayne mechanics with 70 games and regularly wins with her to the point that it seems easy to win lane as Vayne. His CSing is flawless and his teamfight mechanics are so honed that people don't even get mad when he aces their team because they are just that impressed. On his grind to diamond he played Vayne more or less every single game and rarely ever lost. Why would you deny a person like this from playing their best champion?

If it's the person I'm thinking it is, yeah he's a mechanical god but his awareness and decisionmaking are complete rear end. Much like Doublelift.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
Another patch, another missed opportunity to drive that overpowered piece of poo poo Nidalee in to the ground.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The issue with vayne mechanics is that they are by definition balls to the wall, and the difference between a good fight and a bad fight could be as simple as "take 5 less minion damage" or "drat his cc came up a half second too quick". Either it looks really good or you've actively thrown, with basically 0 in between.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

NTT posted:

The issue with vayne mechanics is that they are by definition balls to the wall, and the difference between a good fight and a bad fight could be as simple as "take 5 less minion damage" or "drat his cc came up a half second too quick". Either it looks really good or you've actively thrown, with basically 0 in between.

This is why if you want a hypercarry you should pick Trist since she has a huge jump and ridiculous self peel ult and can just a-move into the enemy team to kill them. :v:

Is riot planning at all to do something about Trist?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

If "Final Boss" Veigar is a thing I hope he has crappy digitized voice lines. Have them done by a Japanese man who isn't fluent in English as a bonus.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I think trist will continue to see small nerfs lee sin style, or early game champs like corki and ezreal will see buffs to compensate.

Robzor McFabulous
Jan 31, 2011
http://www.newsoflegends.com/index.php/wip-pbe-update-mecha-yasuo-voice-no-model-master-tier-24036/

So apparently there's robotic-sounding Yasuo voice lines buried in the PBE, looks like the final boss might be Mecha/Arcade Yasuo...

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Robzor McFabulous posted:

http://www.newsoflegends.com/index.php/wip-pbe-update-mecha-yasuo-voice-no-model-master-tier-24036/

So apparently there's robotic-sounding Yasuo voice lines buried in the PBE, looks like the final boss might be Mecha/Arcade Yasuo...

Except those were already attached to Veigar because of file names. Maybe Yasuo is another Arcade skin, so that in theory you could have a full standard meta Arcade team comp (Yasuo top, Hecarim jungle, Sona/MF bot, Veigar mid).

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Full Metal Yasuo will probably look incredibly awesome, can't wait to see!

As for Gnar, I feel like he's gonna be one of those champs everyone picks up and discards within the first week or so of playing him. The rage mechanic seems like it'd be infuriating if done at the wrong time (which looks really frequent) as it looks like Big Gnar is slow as gently caress.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

No, that will be Gray Fox Yasuo

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Yasuo surely has four fingers, yesiree...

It's probably in the Full Metal line of skins (Jayce, Viktor). They sure have been double-timing the release of new skins without the quality declining, though; I'm curious what's coming for the Championship skin later this year.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Every Champion on Fire

Kinochen
Nov 2, 2007

Matazat posted:

Hey guys, I recently made it into Challenger using Syndra so I put together a little guide. hope this helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlh4BA_T7S4

I have literal tears running down my face after watching this. My girlfriend is looking at me like I'm crazy. This is the greatest thing th come out of this thread. Thank you.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Everyone makes the low-effort "just give every champ a fire/ice-themed skin", but over the past couple of months we've gotten some really primo poo poo like the two new Debonaire skins, the Mecha skin line, the World Cup-themed skins, Super Galaxy Rumble, Primetime Draven, Blade Queen Lissandra, Void Fizz (which the community brainstormed and wanted for years now)...if you want to stretch and call the Dragonslayer and Arctic Ops line fire/ice skins, those are still about 4 months old at this point.

Give credit where it's due, nancies!

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Bholder posted:

No, that will be Gray Fox Yasuo

No, it will be Jetsream Yasuo vs Gray Fox Yi and it will be the single greatest update in the history of LoL or any video game ever.

Observe Me
Jan 21, 2006

I know shits bad right now with all that starving bullshit and the dust storms and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution!
Oh god not a new Yasuo skin. Now I'll never stop seeing him in team builder.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

notoriousman posted:

Everyone makes the low-effort "just give every champ a fire/ice-themed skin", but over the past couple of months we've gotten some really primo poo poo like the two new Debonaire skins, the Mecha skin line, the World Cup-themed skins, Super Galaxy Rumble, Primetime Draven, Blade Queen Lissandra, Void Fizz (which the community brainstormed and wanted for years now)...if you want to stretch and call the Dragonslayer and Arctic Ops line fire/ice skins, those are still about 4 months old at this point.

Yeah, I've really liked a lot of the skins and the mecha skins actually made me rescind my policy of never buying anything off sale.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Full metal rising: Yivengeance

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

via ROG

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Dumb as poo poo.

I love it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I love everything about that except the mask. Maybe it's just a bad angle for it, though.

Edit: And honestly I find blade queen Lissandra a bit disappointing. The color palette is kind of bad and it just isn't a big enough departure from her existing skins.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 13, 2014

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

RULES OF NATURE

now that's a skin I can really get behind

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

notoriousman posted:

Yeah, a lot of the skins released in the past few months have been spectacular. The Pantheon one made me go back to really figuring him out just on how rad as gently caress he was. Rumble was a bit heartbreaking however in the sense that not only is he horrible to play right now but the skin somehow made his already atrocious last hitting even worse.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

RULES OF NATURE

now that's a skin I can really get behind
Beat me to it, all I gonna play if I get this.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Someone tell me how to be a not poo poo Yasuo, thanks in advance.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Awww yis. Day after skin comes out he is going to eat another nerf.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Alris posted:

Someone tell me how to be a not poo poo Yasuo, thanks in advance.

Avoid the Lee Syndrome and don't get cocky if you get fed/are ahead since that's how I see literally every Yasuo lose a game, doing dumbshit like 1v3 or trying to duel Fiora.

fnox
May 19, 2013

He would look so much better if they went full cyborg with him and removed the cloth around his neck and the leather glove for just mechanical stuff.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

If there isn't at least one streamer that has a mod that replaces the sound for his ult with RULES OF NATURE I will be immensely disappointed.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Sorry goons I was playing with. Campus net got taken down awhile for some reason, it was really nice of them to not give me a heads up. :thumbsup:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I really love the look of Full Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Yasuo and will probably pick it up day one, cause I am a sucker.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Mikujin posted:

Sorry goons I was playing with. Campus net got taken down awhile for some reason, it was really nice of them to not give me a heads up. :thumbsup:

http://seclists.org/nanog/2014/Aug/162

Hi,

Some routing tables hit 512K routes today. Some old hardware and
software can't handle that and either crash or ignore newly learned
routes. So this may cause some disturbances in the force.

HTH,
Teun

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Monathin posted:

I really love the look of Full Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Yasuo and will probably pick it up day one, cause I am a sucker.

Yeah poo poo, I sortof wanted Yasuo before, but now I might have to buy him so I can play as Raiden and Rules of Nature people to death.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK7FlBbgWzQ

Yeah, his sword glows red, he's Sam. My wallet.

Xad fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 13, 2014

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Please link me a video so I can understand these rules of nature references

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
What kind of runes/masteries should I be running for Mao top? It's probably my worst lane, but I seem to get forced into it more often than I'd like.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

NTT posted:

http://chipandironicus.com/videos/mgr/

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Big McHuge posted:

What kind of runes/masteries should I be running for Mao top? It's probably my worst lane, but I seem to get forced into it more often than I'd like.

I've had success running 9/21 with ap and cdr in offense and resists depending on the enemy laner in defense. For runes I'd recommend magic or hybrid penetration marks, armor or health seals (armor against an ad opponent, health against ap), mr or cdr glyphs (mr against ap, cdr against ad), and AP quints for stronger spells in lane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

NTT posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTQIogLBFBs

They're all wrong, the correct one to reference is Sam's theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaZGXHZ6ixI

• Locked thread