Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Wanted a new Transformer this weekend, drove around for a long time going to different stores looking for (?) (I seriously don't know what I was expecting to find I have all the cool ones right now) and I ended up buying Evasion Optimus. It's pretty cool.

Is there a trick to getting the arms to fold up right when going from robot to truck? It seems like I'm always bending plastic bits out of the way to get them to fold in right when they should just slot in real nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's pretty tricky to figure out, pretty much do one arm at a time and move the center window piece with care (apparently some people have snapped it). Try to use the own arm's articulation to wiggle the things in, basically at no point should you feel like you have to brute force anything in place. Eventually it just makes sense and he becomes super quick to transform. At some point you're putting the forearms in place while you rotate the outer cab shells that hold them, so that the final steps are putting the forearms down into the roof, and closing the center window piece and you're done.

Remember, just avoid unnecessary force as the toy doesn't require it!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The trick with Evasion Prime is actually super-reliable but is NEVER EXPLAINED.

With the truck-front down against the butt and out of the way (and the torso doors open), flip the grill all the way up in front of Prime's face, then spin the whole central head/neck/grill mechanism FORWARD, so that the top of Prime's head is where the chest-windows used to bem and the bottom of the grill-section is sticking straight out of the chest.

Then flip up the wheel-well pieces on the shoulders for vehicle mode, get the elbows ~about~ where they need to be for truck mode while keeping the arms straight. Then, bend the legs forward at the hips to get clearance for the wheels before flipping (one at a time) each of the side-torso assemblies. You'll have to adjust the chest-window joints once or twice as you do this, but you'll have ample clearance. From there, everything becomes obvious.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The MSJ posted:

Bonus: Saber's goggle face.

It's been bugging me all day who he reminds me of: Star Saber is clearly unassuming construction worker, Sigurd Jarlson!

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

I was kinda getting a Harold Ramis vibe, myself.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Captain Blaargh posted:

I was kinda getting a Harold Ramis vibe, myself.

Now I'm picturing Pharma stopping Star Saber from drilling holes in his head to let the demons out.

"That would have worked if you hadn't stopped me."

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It worked for Tyrest.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Hey thread, what are your thoughts on the Alternity line? How would you rate/rank the few molds it had?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The transformations were very complex, which I liked, but they were also SUPER GODDAMN FRAGILE.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Blackheart posted:

Hey thread, what are your thoughts on the Alternity line? How would you rate/rank the few molds it had?

I have all of them except bumblebee and banzai-tron. The best molds are the nissan fairlady Z (megatron) and somehow the mitsuoka orochi (the questors). I would say pick one in a deco that best suits you and be done with it. I'm rather fond of Galvatron and Nemesis.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
http://tfsource.com/xovergen/god-armor/

So I see somebody decided that MP-10 Prime totally needed a buddy/armor set.

Edit: And apparently you can decide to combine it with the first Xovergen armor set if you managed to buy it.

Zaa Boogie fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Aug 12, 2014

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Found Gen Rattrap.

If you like Fiddly as hell he is definitely for you. His hands kind of suck, and he has some really tight joints. Also his rat form does not panel together, at all. It stays closed but it is gappy. The Transformation just fights you the whole way. The Peaugh review does show off some of it's issues, but he's a bit too nice.

I do like it, but man they are getting more and more fiddly with these generations guys. And part of it is the transformation specific joints are either to tight, or not aligned right, or the pegs aren't right. Like Gold Bug's shin sliding thing, Whirls leg to body pegs for Helicopter mode, and as much as I love the figure, Hound's weapon storage.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That's weird, my Whirl tabs together perfectly.

Ka0 posted:

I have all of them except bumblebee and banzai-tron. The best molds are the nissan fairlady Z (megatron) and somehow the mitsuoka orochi (the questors). I would say pick one in a deco that best suits you and be done with it. I'm rather fond of Galvatron and Nemesis.

It's weird because I really appreciate the Seekers-as-cars thing as a concept, and I really like their robot modes and general design, but I just don't like the car choice at all. Also I just looked up Banzaitron and... uh, I was really expecting it to use the Megatron mold, what with the samurai motif and all that.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Whirls legs tab into his body as his arms. That may be your problem there.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
This guy here grabbed an evasion mode nemesis, apparently they are really hard to come buy, BBTS had preorders set at over 100 bucks. That's a bit crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upRpJqVbi5Q

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Sockser posted:

Whirls legs tab into his body as his arms. That may be your problem there.

I know, the arm tabs keep his legs in place well enough, but the leg to body tabs might as well not be there.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope Hasbro makes a new Big Convoy toy to honor Michael Bay possibly leaving them for an elephant poaching documentary.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The MSJ posted:

I hope Hasbro makes a new Big Convoy toy to honor Michael Bay possibly leaving them for an elephant poaching documentary.

Kinda wish I'd got the Nemesis Prime from a few years ago with the bloodied tusks.

e: That was actually a decade ago. poo poo, man.

Phy fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 12, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So no Skybites, Roadbusters, Rattraps, Tankors, or Legends near me.

Movie stuff needs to go I am sick of it and Classic Generations Scoop.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Have the last movie deluxes even reached saturation in the US?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

DOTM Deluxes were everywhere, there just wasn't much variety.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

I've seen nothing but the Leaders, First Wave Voyagers (and a lot of places omit voyagers for 1 step changers) , first wave deluxe, and occasionally second wave deluxe. No Galvatrons or Hounds yet.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The Taint Reaper posted:

So no Skybites, Roadbusters, Rattraps, Tankors, or Legends near me.

Movie stuff needs to go I am sick of it and Classic Generations Scoop.

I know the answer is probably yes because it's a Generations figure, but do you have Scoop? He's pretty good.

He's not as fiddly as some of the more recent Generations line up.

Spiderdrake posted:

Have the last movie deluxes even reached saturation in the US?

Every buys them and leaves the other crap on the shelf.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DOTM never even finished its line. The whole Takara Lost Age thing feels like such a rub in that light. Like, haha, here's that Soundblaster you stupid idiots didn't get because you got AirRaid instead!

Anyway what I meant was whether or not the last two transfourmers deluxes had shown up.

Anora posted:

Every buys them and leaves the other crap on the shelf.
It is pretty easy to sell out on something you order like one or two cases of, dude. Deluxes haven't sold well in years, let's not play pretend just because we can make fun of those lovely shampoo bottle crappers.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm actually glad that they didn't try to overextend the line. I'm waiting for Slog, Snarl and new Camaro bee and I'll be glad to consider my TF4 bots complete. I honestly enjoyed the line quite a bit!

I feel unsure about picking up Galvatron and Slash, maybe with a discount.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I'm only getting black and red slog.

I'm going to just save money for the combiners now.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

In my backwater place I got Slag and Swoop deluxes, Hound and Galvatron and of course one step changer, the punch figures, chromed Grimlock and the smaller not-chromed Grimlock and Evasion Mode Prime. For regular Generations there are two Waspinators last time I checked, a Goldfire or two and several Dreadwings. Armada Starscream and the minicons did appear though, but they're gone now. Of Legends class there is only Tailgate and the insecticon.

And I just found a Preview Series blindbagged Kre-o. Bag number is "21911 1" which doesn't match anything on tfwiki.net is Scorponok. Anyone want to trade for Rodimus or Nightbeat Kre-o?

Edit: Thanks for the ID.

Iced Cocoa fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Aug 12, 2014

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Spiderdrake posted:

It is pretty easy to sell out on something you order like one or two cases of, dude. Deluxes haven't sold well in years, let's not play pretend just because we can make fun of those lovely shampoo bottle crappers.

It's not just the Titans, it's the one-steps, Power Battlers, construct-bots, pretty much everything but the movie deluxes stays on the shelf near me (and even then, mostly only the Dinobots). the Voyagers and leaders don't move much either, but I still see them shuffled around.

One Walmart near me has pretty much resorted to just throwing the Power Battlers and one steps onto the shelf under the pegs at this point.

Man, I need to proofread my posts better.

edit: 21911 1 is Scoponok.

Anora fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 12, 2014

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Did somebody mention Slog? :rodimus:

Between this and last week's Sky-Byte score, I'm beginning to feel like Stavros from the Fargo miniseries. GOD IS REAL.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Pittsburgh seems like it gets toys way late. Between Transformers and Lego I'm always behind the curve.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Everywhere I go has rows and rows of Whirls. I'm kind of surprised by how much he's shelf-warmimg. I wonder if the weird head and claw hands that homage the G1/IDW version turns off today's kids, who are used to a more unified Transformers look than the weird hodge-podge of robots we had in the 80's. Even the movie bots usually have hands.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

~I want my hands baaack~~~

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Knormal posted:

Everywhere I go has rows and rows of Whirls. I'm kind of surprised by how much he's shelf-warmimg. I wonder if the weird head and claw hands that homage the G1/IDW version turns off today's kids, who are used to a more unified Transformers look than the weird hodge-podge of robots we had in the 80's. Even the movie bots usually have hands.
drat, wish we had those in Australia instead of Kre-Os and movie crap

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Much like certain foods, you have to discover Whirl's awesomeness, he doesn't sell himself on looks alone sadly.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
For anyone who bought the Transformers Comics Humble Bundle, is there a particular order things should be read in?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

With the popularity of Doctor Who among nerds, I'm surprised no 3rd party is making an Octus figure. Probably because it's too hard to make a non-copyright-infringing Dalek figure? Hasbro and BBC better make deal and beat them to it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The Terry Nation estate would exterminate them before the first prototypes came out of the 3D printer. Even though the actual DESIGN of the Daleks was the brainchild of the late great Ray Cusick.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The MSJ posted:

With the popularity of Doctor Who among nerds, I'm surprised no 3rd party is making an Octus figure. Probably because it's too hard to make a non-copyright-infringing Dalek figure? Hasbro and BBC better make deal and beat them to it.

There's either one in progress or someone made an incredible custom version. Should be on TFW.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Blackheart posted:

Much like certain foods, you have to discover Whirl's awesomeness, he doesn't sell himself on looks alone sadly.

Yeah, the only iffy part about him, are the blades not storing any where on robot mode. They just kind of dangle there. But when have they ever made a Helicopter where the blades do something that doesn't require taking them off?

Oh god, it was Airachnid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Anora posted:

Yeah, the only iffy part about him, are the blades not storing any where on robot mode. They just kind of dangle there. But when have they ever made a Helicopter where the blades do something that doesn't require taking them off?

Oh god, it was Airachnid.

DOTM Skyhammer, motherfucker! Best helicopter until GEN Springer!