Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

MiniFoo posted:

This was in the related stories column. It's just as bonkers as the two Volvos, if not more so.

What on earth is the box on the left? Oil-to-water oil cooler (is that even a thing?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Boat posted:

What on earth is the box on the left? Oil-to-water oil cooler (is that even a thing?)

Oil catch can.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

Oil catch can.

I suppose that explains the breather filter. Isn't it kind of...huge? Some artifact of having a massive turbo/increased crankcase pressure I guess?

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

CharlesM posted:

Did the rear glass open like that or is it just popped out?

It's a vent window for the third seat. Cars without the third seat (it was optional) did not have it.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Left Ventricle posted:

It's a vent window for the third seat. Cars without the third seat (it was optional) did not have it.

I was thinking that might be it but it popping out also seemed likely, given its current state :P

Picture dump time!

Nash Metropolitan.

Dodge pickup.

Plymouth Scamp.

Camaro vert.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

re: Cavaliers: There's one for sale up the street. I wonder how much they want for it. I wonder if I could get it for $40 and never maintain it or anything and just take it offroading whenever. Because why not.

solarNativity fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 13, 2014

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Rented one for a few days.

Can confirm.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Kenshin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrrwDHZUK6I

In which Matt Farah says "gently caress you" to the rules at the Silver State Classic and passes 3 cars in a "race" where you aren't supposed to pass any cars.

Also they call their Mini a traveling deli.

OH NO HE CAN'T EAT HIS SANDWICH ;~;

This may be the best video I've ever watched. I love Matt Farah.

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn

This isn't the point of the picture but parking spaces in the US are loving huge. :stare:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

This isn't the point of the picture but parking spaces in the US are loving huge. :stare:

That's a Prius C and it's right against the curb. My coupe is 14 inches wider and 6 feet longer, it would nearly fill that spot, nevermind leaving room for both doors to open.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

N is for Nipples posted:

OH NO HE CAN'T EAT HIS SANDWICH ;~;

This may be the best video I've ever watched. I love Matt Farah.

That racing class thing is idiotic, although I can see the prep stuff being for insurance purposes. At least our event has turns, and this year, Matt will be racing with us at the hillclimb, where I'm fairly confident he'll have a better time.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Das Volk posted:

That racing class thing is idiotic, although I can see the prep stuff being for insurance purposes. At least our event has turns, and this year, Matt will be racing with us at the hillclimb, where I'm fairly confident he'll have a better time.

It's just fuckery really. The last fatality was in 2011 when an Unlimited class Camaro popped a tire at 200.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Parking slot width seems to be slightly different depending on which strip mall you pull into, also.

You'd think there'd be a standard size out there and the line painting guys would just follow that when they show up to the job site.. but nope.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

xzzy posted:

Parking slot width seems to be slightly different depending on which strip mall you pull into, also.

You'd think there'd be a standard size out there and the line painting guys would just follow that when they show up to the job site.. but nope.

The length of row isn't going to be the same every time, so they have to vary the stall width in order to get a whole number of spaces.

drzrma
Dec 29, 2008

Phy posted:

The length of row isn't going to be the same every time, so they have to vary the stall width in order to get a whole number of spaces.

The other factor is how stupid the municipality is, if they require a certain number of parking spots for a given business type/building size/phase of the moon and there's only so much area available for parking spaces you sometimes get stupid or useless layouts especially if you end up on an oddly shaped property or have obstructions to work around.

That's not always a factor, and certainly doesn't excuse the stupid parking we all see regularly, but it's a factor I hadn't considered until it became a problem we had to deal with.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Phy posted:

Yes! Or paint it all per code or city ordinance to get a certificate of occupancy and then restripe it closer so you can charge for more spaces. My last parking garage job had a mix of 8'-6" spaces and 8'-0" spaces to get the right amount, and marked the 8'-0" spaces compact. The perimeter was nearly all regular spaces, and the interior had the compact spaces as it wouldn't work otherwise, and it's nice to say you have more spaces.

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

I know this is a few pages back, but I ran into this thing at a Cars & Coffee about a year ago now, and snagged a couple of pictures because it was BOSS

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Indycar V8 going into a rusted-rear end old Skyline chassis for drifting/hillclimb events. Woop.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Finally a Skyline that might actually make it to a track for drifting instead of the curb and hedge outside my post office.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Finally a Skyline that might actually make it to a track for drifting instead of the curb and hedge outside my post office.

drat, I knew I was doing it wrong. I put mine in a ditch in the middle of nowhere and towing was a fortune. I should have just plowed it into a curb.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

drzrma posted:

The other factor is how stupid the municipality is, if they require a certain number of parking spots for a given business type/building size/phase of the moon and there's only so much area available for parking spaces you sometimes get stupid or useless layouts especially if you end up on an oddly shaped property or have obstructions to work around.

That's not always a factor, and certainly doesn't excuse the stupid parking we all see regularly, but it's a factor I hadn't considered until it became a problem we had to deal with.

In addition, from what I understand, big-box retailers usually demand a minimum number of parking spaces adjacent to their premises as part of the lease agreement with the developer/landlord. The Wal-Mart five minutes from my house is a perfect example of this, because their parking lot has a traffic pattern and space layout that is completely different from the rest of the rather large strip mall it's located in.

donut
Feb 4, 2001

I know you guys love shooting brakes.

Looks interesting.

Very interesting!

More here!

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Any more details on this?

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
Found on Imgur. I don't like Beetles, but I'd drive the hell out of this. Even in poo poo brown.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Steel racing wheels look perfectly menacing on just about anything.

A bit too low for me but I still like.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

angryhampster posted:

A bit too low for me but I still like.

I need a minute...

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

BoostCreep posted:

Even in poo poo brown.

Brown is the best car color :colbert:

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

:swoon:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Brownshoe? :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

DropShadow posted:

Any more details on this?

There are but they're not what you want to hear. It's a render. :(

http://tuninger.deviantart.com/gallery/32679075/virtual-tuning

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

88h88 posted:

There are but they're not what you want to hear. It's a render. :(

http://tuninger.deviantart.com/gallery/32679075/virtual-tuning

:( but also :haw: because I showed it to a buddy who said "yeah, I've seen one of those, I know a guy who has one." :allears:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

AirRaid posted:

Brownshoe? :v:

Nope, only Z3M's get to be called shoes!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DropShadow posted:

:( but also :haw: because I showed it to a buddy who said "yeah, I've seen one of those, I know a guy who has one." :allears:

I do have one though.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

BraveUlysses posted:

Yeah, 'cause shoe's are what they bear theclosest resemblance to...

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

BraveUlysses posted:

Lies

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

DropShadow posted:

A render? :v:

Also I learned (wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too late) that Takara put out RC Penny Racers... Seeing about getting a friend to acquire me a GC110 Skyline version.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Aug 15, 2014

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

88h88 posted:

A render? :v:

His exact words were "Yeah, my dad's boss has one. Keeps it at his house in Germany because it's not road legal here."

Riiiiiiiiight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Source: http://sparf.tumblr.com/post/94462616618/i-didnt-get-to-talk-to-the-owner-of-this-modified